Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Those Who Band Together

Those Who Band Together

a part of “Those Who Band Together”, a fictional universe by punkwithflute.

The bombs have dropped, nuclear fallout is upon us.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Those Who Band Together”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Those Who Band Together

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby punkwithflute on Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:57 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Those Who Band Together"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.
Johny Vincent: Well hello, Gord. Seems like you've been messin' where you ought not.
Gord: No... cousins are legal. Oh... you mean Lola.
-Bully

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

punkwithflute
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Those Who Band Together

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Celaradith on Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:33 pm

Ahhah! Found you! *Sits and waits for stuff to be sorted*

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Celaradith
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Party Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Colonel_Masters on Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:00 am

If you need help you need only ask, for the time being here is a map i found of the Metro lines.

as for the vault our characters where attempting to reach i would like to purpose vault 100 since its a vault location which was never implemented and therefor we can place it in any location for the convenience of the Roleplay.

If any of the characters aims to be a famed musician then he would have been trying to reach vault 92... so not all characters need be attempting to reach the same vault.

For the Metro station Punkwith proposed the game begin at i would suggest the game begin in Farragut West Metro Station, if i recall correctly one idea was for the game to begin in the town of Bethesda so this particular Metro station is near to that area and could possibly connect with the Bethesda underworks which was also a Metro station. these stations are not in the Metro map provided above but if i remember correctly Farragut West Metro connects to another area of the station which connects to Tenleytown/Friendship Station. Bethesda's station seems to have no connection since its caved in but i am guessing it connects with Farragut West Metro.

Vault 100 could be located in the area of Bethesda and therefor the first goal of the characters could be to reach that area... since the Metro caves in ether from the blast, time or both we can assume that the characters do not have a simple journey. With the addition of many hundreds of survivors in the Metro tunnels conditions in these tunnels will deteriorate and the characters will inevitably have to do something about that... i sent a message to Punkwith about that.

All this is just suggestions, I am trying to make myself useful so if any one needs some information i will try to find it.

Colonel_Masters
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby punkwithflute on Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:05 am

Alright, the character sheet is up, and if anyone needs clarification, just ask!

@Colonel_Masters, Thanks for the map and the information!

punkwithflute
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Colonel_Masters on Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:27 pm

I strongly recommend you write an appropriate opening passage detailing the roleplay in such a way as to attract other players.

In my experience a purely technical setup tends to be of little interest to the roaming player. The greater the detail and decorations (pictures, codding etc) the more players will take interest in the roleplay in general,with all the roleplay's appearing on this site first impressions are quite important.

A picture for the roleplay's icon is a wise addition to be made first of all, we all like pictures ;)

If you find yourself unable to do an opening passage i could make such a thing, unless its done i am afraid we may find ourselves attracting less roleplayers then otherwise potentially possible.

These are my thoughts on the matter, i hope they contribute.

Colonel_Masters
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Colonel_Masters on Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:36 pm

Well that's my character up... ended up being 6-7 pages long o.O

Colonel_Masters
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby punkwithflute on Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:20 am

Working on the intro, and it should be up in the next few days. I've been fairly busy this week so sorry for all the lag in setting this up! =w=;; We should be getting started soon after the introduction is set out.

punkwithflute
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby punkwithflute on Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:25 am

Okay, the intro is up! If you see in flaws just tell me!

punkwithflute
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Colonel_Masters on Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:10 am

A bit brief but it does deliver both theme and style for the roleplay so it does work.

I guess now we need to wait, you could advertise the roleplay in the roleplayers wanted area and maybe bump the original interest check thread with a link for this roleplay.

I might try to get players i know on this site to join but i think that they will only take interest once we start the roleplay.

I do hope the length of my character does not intimidate anybody, I am obsessive when it comes to history's.

Colonel_Masters
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Celaradith on Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:21 am

Oh, right! I haven't done my CS for this RP yet. I should go do that!

Celaradith
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Party Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby punkwithflute on Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:22 am

While the intro is short, I'll be adding to it as we go (But if you feel something should be added, just tell me~). Key-points, important events will be documented in the form of Jason's Holotapes that he will be recording in-story.

punkwithflute
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby punkwithflute on Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:01 am

Is the picture in the introduction not showing up for anyone else?

Also, We'll get this RP started once everyone has posted their character.

punkwithflute
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Celaradith on Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:48 pm

Finally got around to submitting my character, I couldn't find a photo to use - so I hope the icon I chose is okay :D

Celaradith
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Colonel_Masters on Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:31 am

I am afraid i can't see the picture, so for the time being there will be the three of us right? like i said i could try to get others to join but they will only do so once we get this show on the road.

Colonel_Masters
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Celaradith on Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:24 pm

The icon part of the site seems to be really buggy lately, tis frustrating. D:

Also, getting it started with just us 3 will at least get it going. Active RP's draw new members.

Celaradith
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Colonel_Masters on Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:44 am

I do not mean to rush but I feel the need to ask, is this going anywhere?

Colonel_Masters
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby punkwithflute on Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:54 am

Really sorry about the wait, things got caught up with me. =w= I'll be posting later today. Again, really, really sorry for this huge delay.

punkwithflute
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Colonel_Masters on Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:07 pm

In what timeframe should I post? Do i post in the time leading to the attack or do i post in its aftermath?

Colonel_Masters
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby punkwithflute on Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:35 am

Post about what your character was doing and how they got to the place they are taking shelter at. This will just be a bit of a starting point and introduction for the character. I don't have much of a set story in mind other than what we've discussed, so ideas are very welcome!

punkwithflute
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Celaradith on Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:49 pm

Hi guys! Sorry for being so absent, I've been sick and busy so I didn't have the time or brain power for RP. I'm back now though!

Celaradith
Member for 12 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!