Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Those Who Band Together

Those Who Band Together

a part of “Those Who Band Together”, a fictional universe by punkwithflute.

The bombs have dropped, nuclear fallout is upon us.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Those Who Band Together”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Those Who Band Together

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Colonel_Masters on Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:13 am

No matter, we have only just started the roleplay after all.

I have posted, Sorry for it being so long but I tend to make long posts when basing my characters into a roleplay. Future posts will probably be in the 500 words area but not too much longer then that.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Colonel_Masters
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Colonel_Masters on Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:11 pm

Will the next round of posting occur during the attack?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Colonel_Masters
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Celaradith on Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:52 am

Sorry guys, I'm going to have to withdraw. I've got way too much on my plate and I've not had the time, or brainpower to post. :( Thanks for the fun while it lasted :D

Celaradith
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Party Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby punkwithflute on Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:35 am

@Celaradith, It's fine. Thank you for telling us and not just leaving us in the dark. If you ever want to come back, we could work something out, I'm sure. =w=

@Masters, yes, the next round will be the bomb dropping.
Johny Vincent: Well hello, Gord. Seems like you've been messin' where you ought not.
Gord: No... cousins are legal. Oh... you mean Lola.
-Bully

punkwithflute
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Colonel_Masters on Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:20 am

At this point this roleplay is a 1n1 roleplay, How are we to proceed? I am unsure what to do with my next post.

Colonel_Masters
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby punkwithflute on Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:38 am

Celaradith's character hasn't been involved in the story yet, so it shouldn't be to much of an issue. We will continue like we were. Like I said before, I don't really have much of a set plot for this RP and I'm open to ideas. For now, the main goals are:

Characters meet in the metro while taking cover
Characters come to the conclusion that they need to leave the metro

Once we get to the point where they leave, it's mostly up in the air. And ideas would be greatly appreciated.

punkwithflute
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Colonel_Masters on Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:11 am

If at least for the time being this role-play is to become a 1-1 (which can also be fun) I think we might want to consider the creation of more characters. I could create one or two more quite easily; with four to six characters in total we can create a band of survivors for the role-play.

An alternative is to have only these two characters interact and travel the post-apocalyptic world alone or with a few NPC's... that could be fun to come to think of it!

If we do make more characters I suggest we each make an extra one for now and then create others later, the band of survivors would probably not be established at once and having it begin from small and slowly grow is both more realistic and interesting story-wise.

Colonel_Masters
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby punkwithflute on Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:53 am

I agree that it would be a good idea to create more characters. I had plans to create some NPCs that would be members of the surviving group, but not the main quest. Characters that could be be controlled, killed, whatever, by either one of us. In addition to the NPC, playables would be the main characters that stay till the end. NPC come and go, but the playables stay.

I would like to create more playables for the RP. As you said, it’s more realistic. Who should make the new character? You sounded like you had some ideas for some. =w=

Also, what do you think of the main goal being trying to set up some sort of civilization?

punkwithflute
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Colonel_Masters on Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:08 pm

As I said for the time being we could each work on one character and in this way we will be able to slowly and realistically simulate the growth of the band.

Beware that this ooc post will be rather long so please bear with me… I want to cover my ideas of the situation.
After reading I would very much like to hear your own thoughts on the matter.

In regards to the goal I would imagine the first few weeks would be spent underground playing a dangerous game against other groups of survivors over the few resources left. The goal during this period would be survival in the simplest standards (food, water and shelter)

Among the Metro tunnels the majority of people inside them will be in the area of the stations. Supplies in these areas would be consumed after a day or two after the attack thus pushing the populace into frenzy.

The sensible and well-armed among them would move away from the main tunnels and into other areas such as service tunnels, shelters and storage areas. The guards would be preoccupied with facing off the raving crowd in the stations so while some of them may survive the fight to come their organization would be left in tatters.

If we are to assume about two thousand people underground on the "red line" Metro Network as we can call it I would say that 90% of these would be dead within the week. Military personal would have the advantage of weapons, training and access to information so they have advantage over others.

Jason is liable to possess these traits, the information he could access could reveal not only storage rooms with valuable supplies but also a map of the area including otherwise secret military tunnel ways.

The problem is first that he would not be the only person to possess this information and second that others may stumble on it. I would say that with military supplies taken into account the Metro tunnels might be able to feed 100 people for a few days at most.

The less people survive the better the chances of those who remain and therefor the interest of each band of people is to gain as much supplies at the expense of others.

The policy of this time period taking at least fifteen days would be to kill or be killed. The most dangerous of the radiation and fallout would pass after fifteen days however it would be better to remain underground for a much longer period of time (months at least).

Short expeditions into the outside world could be possible but only with protective clothing and anti-radiation medical supplies.

So the conclusion is that the band would have to locate a military bunker of some kind in the metro tunnels in order to gain the items they would need for long term survival. I think what we should do is have an army bunker in the metro tunnels built with the intention of keeping the Metro line operational for the duration of the emergency.

What would happen is that most of the army occupants of this bunker would be killed by the security robots after they are hacked by a Chinese infiltrator fourteen days after the attack.

This bunker would be located far away from the present position of our characters so it would take time for them to arrive there. I will make a military character who survives the Chinese infiltration, the band will then meat with this character and retake the facility by sneaking into the control area.

They then fight and kill the Chinese infiltrator while triggering an MP blast which destroys most electronic equipment after discovering the interface to the control area and the security systems had been cut by the infiltrator.

In this way our characters gain a safe haven from where they can organize, once we reach part of the story we can then decide what happens next.

Here is a loose timeline I have come up with:
Day 1; Our two characters and maybe one or two more others depart the main tunnel as supplies turn meager and the crowds begin to riot.

Day 2-4; the fighting begins in the tunnels, the guards are overwhelmed and the crowds begin to turn on each other. Some also make their way into to the tunnels where small bands organize and hide themselves in secure supplied areas.

Day 4-7; the fighting dies down and the small bands of survivors emerge as their supplies run out. Fighting between rival bands begins to take place as each competes over the remaining resources.

Day 7-10; resources in the Metro tunnels are nearing exhaustion, the fighting between the bands grows in intensity and some are forced to leave the area. At this point our own band would likely depart the area and head towards the bunker thanks to its military information.

Day 10-13; most of the bands in the Metro tunnels have ether perished in the fighting, exterminated local opposition and taken control over a large horde of supplies or are on the move. Our own band might at this point begin to absorbed survivors from bands which have been destroyed. The Chinese infiltrator triggers his virus and wipes out most of the bunker's personal.

Day 14-15; the band arrives and combats the Chinese infiltrator taking control over the bunker and its resources.

A time skip would probably occur at this point. The question is how far do we want to go? Most of the world will remain extremely dangerous for decades to come.

Some areas such as nature reservations and other places with no military value would be partially livable after the fallout ends (fifteen days or so) but since our characters are in the DC area a month or two at least will pass before they can make any kind of expedition to the world above.

Colonel_Masters
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Colonel_Masters on Sat May 04, 2013 4:45 pm

Next post coming up tomorrow

Colonel_Masters
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby punkwithflute on Tue May 07, 2013 9:30 am

Before I go into details I would like to say that I am just thrilled at how much you’ve thought this through!

Anyway,

I've been brainstorming ways to lower the number of survivors in the metro and a lot of your ideas match up with my own, (Needing to kill off survivors, time skip) My main problem was finding a way to go about doing things and I couldn't agree more with everything you have posted
With the idea of people leaving the main mass of survivors and forming their own groups, we could have could have the first Raiders appearing. Chems such as Psycho, a military developed drug, and Turbo could become sources of addiction along with alcohol and tobacco.

I find your idea of a infiltrator hacking the systems to be interesting. It will obviously create conflict and provide an easy way to get rid of the masses. I think it’ll be a good plot point for the story.

The timeline you've created is very well thought out! I can’t say I disagree with any of it. I think that following it would create some structure and guidelines so we can create a plot. As for the timeskip, It is something that would need to happen.

Some little notes that may or may not become important that I’ve found on the Fallout timeline:
A week after the bombs drop a black rain full of radioactive debris and soot that puts into extinction both plants and animals

2080 (3 years after bombing) is when mutations start being seen in surviving humans, animals, and plants

2082 (5 years after bombing) “Radiation and poison levels are still too high for a normal human to survive”

Around 2087( 10 years) is when Ghouls seem to start populating the surface.

2090(13 years) This is when the first mention of humans in the wasteland

It is likely that humans started to leave their shelters before the first mention of it, but we also have the option of Ghouls. Our characters began to transform into Ghouls, possibly meeting up with other Ghouls, realize that they are healed by radiation, and ultimately, leaving the metros. If this would be the case, then multiple time skips would allow for expanding on the transformation, and dealing with survivors who become Feral Ghouls.

punkwithflute
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Colonel_Masters on Thu May 16, 2013 1:34 pm

Sorry for the delay, I have been "suffering" a number of surprise tests in school which have been taking a considerable amount of my time (along with other matters)

I think that it is correct for our character's to become ghouls since otherwise extensive time skips and possibly generation skips would be the only alternative. I think we will have to use time skips anyway and maybe characters will die at some points however the ability to continually use our characters (or at least some of them) presents a very interesting story.

I am currently working on a roleplay of my own but as soon as I am finished with the reminder of that roleplay I will be posting here. I hope to post today or tomorrow however I have since learned that I am unreliable in planning time.

Colonel_Masters
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby punkwithflute on Fri May 17, 2013 9:29 am

Sorry to hear about those test, doesn't sound fun at all. =w=;; Take your time in posting. I don't mind, having a slow pace is nice sometimes.

punkwithflute
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Colonel_Masters on Wed May 22, 2013 6:27 pm

I didn't know what to do at this stage so I thought I would start the actual attack. I could easily change the post if you think it's a bit premature.

Colonel_Masters
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby punkwithflute on Fri May 24, 2013 9:56 am

No problem, I was going to start the attack myself if you hadn't. :3

punkwithflute
Member for 13 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!