Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Into the Stars

Into the Stars

a part of “Into the Stars”, a fictional universe by Miyer.

It's 3014 and Earth is dying. You have been selected to join a 7-Man team and go in search of a new planet to become Mankind's home. Good Luck recruits, Mankind's future rests on your shoulders.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Into the Stars”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Into the Stars

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Artik on Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:23 pm

I'm game. I'd prefer to play a Mer-dude, Drocan, or Were-fella, but honestly whatever spots need filling here and there, I think we can sort it out.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Artik
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miyer on Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:14 pm

Brilliant, well here is the plot I had in mind for he Gondalia arc and the four characters that I will need to be filled. I have already done the history but everything else you can fill in, I did go photo hunting cause I know that takes a lot of time and effort but if you don't like the photo you have than you can change it ^-^

Gondalia
Ever heard of siren? Gondalia is filled with Mer-people who are friendly towards humans and other aliens, welcoming them into their cities and treating them like honored guest, however the Mer-people's cousins, the sirens, have begun to reappear and are starting to lure those away from the safety of the bubbles cities, when parts of the crew begin to disappear due to the sirens voices, will the remaining people be able to find their lost companions and escape the planet without dying

Characters needed
Mer-King
Code: Select all
[center][img]http://th00.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2011/326/2/5/mermaid_king_by_dreessa-d4gxt2h.jpg[/img]
[img]Fontmeme.com[/img]
[size=150][i]"Quote"[/i][/size]
[hr][/hr][hr][/hr]
[b]| Name |[/b]
[b]| Age |[/b]
[b]| Gender |[/b]
[b]| Personality |[/b]
(Only a few words in a list, keep in mind his history)
[b]| History |[/b]
Born fifth in line to the thrown, (name) had to climb and fight his way to the top. Battling and outsmarting his brothers, he was able to become king and has managed to make Gordalia  great, with a strong economy and army, no one will stand against them.
Until the sirens returned.
Banished from the bubble cities by (name)'s father, they have been living in the shadows and struggling to live. Growing angry towards their mermaid cousins, the sirens began to kill of Gordalia's trading partners.
(Name) must now stop this threat before it can get to great, but can he with his love for the siren queen?[/center]

Siren Queen
[center][img]http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/66/a2/fd/66a2fd7c23e874a282fdac648103d96b.jpg[/img]
[img]Fontmeme.com[/img]
[hr][/hr][hr][/hr]
[b]| Name |[/b]
[b]| Age |[/b]
[b]| Gender |[/b]
[b]| Personality |[/b]
(Only a few words in a list, keep in mind her history)
[b]| History |[/b]
Born in a time of peace between the mermaids and sirens, (name) had an easy life and a happy, naive, childhood. She met the fifth in line for the thrown, future mer king, and fell in love.
However nothing is meant to last, and when a siren assassin threatened the life of the first in line to the thrown, placing the young mer into a deep coma with deadly poison. Racked with grief, the mer king banished all sirens from the bubble cities, forcing them to live in the dark shadows of the ocean that cover Gondalia.
Becoming hateful and vengeful towards those of mer race, (name) even turned on her love. She promised her revenge on the race that had doomed her own, and so she raised an army. She gained followers and strengths, soon becoming to great a threat for even the mer race to ignore any longer.
She kidnapped young mers and killed off gondalian traders, waiting for the day she would come face to face with her ex lover.[/center]

Mer-Guard
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/rrh0eFG.jpg[/img]
[img]Fontmeme.com[/img]
[hr][/hr][hr][/hr]
[b]| Name |[/b]
[b]| Age |[/b]
[b]| Gender |[/b]
[b]| Personality |[/b]
(Only a few words in a list, keep in mind his history)
[b]| History |[/b]
Son of a Gondalian trader, he knew his father was killed by the sirens and hated them with a passion.
He entered the army after his father was killed and quickly raised thought he ranks, due to his skills in combat and sheer determination to stop the siren threat. He eventually became captain of the kings guard, the youngest in all mer history, and was ordered to travel with the human team to rescue the captured mers and the teams comrades.
Will he be able to control himself when he finally comes face to face with a siren?[/center]

Siren-Handmaid
[center][img]http://th04.deviantart.net/fs71/300W/b/2013/241/7/723abc4eddb52b82dd2f75b4ec31f148-pk7fv8.jpg[/img]
[img]Fontmeme.com[/img]
[hr][/hr][hr][/hr]
[b]| Name |[/b]
[b]| Age |[/b]
[b]| Gender |[/b]
[b]| Personality |[/b]
(Only a few words in a list, keep in mind her history)
[b]| History |[/b]
Thrown away when she was still an egg, not even hatched, due to the siren banishment. She was found by the siren queen who took (name) into her care. (Name) became the queens loyal handmaiden and most trusted advisor due to her being the queens adoptive daughter.
Sheltered from all the horrors of the ocean world, (name) was told stories of the evil mers who forsake her kin for death, abandoning them to the dangerous wildness of the seas. (Name) has never met a mer before but she knows her duty if she were to ever comea cross one, the question is, will she be able to do it?[/center]

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Miyer
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Artik on Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:51 pm

Mer-Guard, got it yo.

Artik
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mome on Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:45 am

I WILL POST AFTER I STUDY FOR MY LINGUISTICS COURSE. :'C I can't fail this or I won't be able to go to field school this summer and I'll be set back by an entire year /gross crying.

I'd love to take one of the NPC's but unfortunately, I've got midterms. ; w ; I don't have enough time to control two people atm. GIVE ME SNOW I WANT TO SKIP IT SCREAMS. /lives in a tropical country

@xeno:
yes, minmin! * v * it's cute isn't it? u w u don't kill her minerva
jsyk, I keep typing your name as xenon because that was my section when I was in high school :c

mome
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby aarondalea on Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:56 am

I wouldn't mind taking one of the NPC positions if you guys don't mind :3

Anddd I posted earlier. I think Vincent's going to have a heartattack before he gets to some booze :|
ImageImage

aarondalea
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miyer on Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:17 pm

Great you two! ^-^ Just fill out the sheets when you have time and submit them, their only going to be involved for the one arc so you don't have to worry about managing two characters for very long :P
I'm all for taking one of them, don't really mind which. Now we just need one more person for the NPC and we can make our landing on Gondalia

Miyer
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Artik on Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:57 pm

I'll be shooting up a post tomorrow morning after my class. Sorry for the delay, been delving into the land that is video game heaven.

Artik
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xenocartographer on Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:53 pm

Eek, I'm subscribed by email to the OOC, but as I just found out that doesn't mean I'll necessarily know that someone's posted IC unless they also post here. >_> Will reply later today; at present, I'm about to meet with a tutoring student on Skype (assuming we can sort out his wifi issues).

Also, I'd be okay with playing an NPC if it's really needed. I'd rather not, because I'd probably do it badly, but if you need someone, I could try.

EDIT: Okay, there we go. Also, I corrected a minor mistake in Minerva's character sheet - the "nickname" section had an old value from a very different version of the character. Not a big deal, but, oops.

Xenocartographer
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mome on Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:01 pm

Um uh oops, sorry guys. So I'm currently in the hospital for dengue. :T

I said I wanted to skip midterms but this wasn't what I had in mind... be careful what you wish for??? orz I'm out of danger zone, but the doc's recommending one more day in the hospital and two more days of rest at home. e ue ;; I'll probably be up for posting by Tuesday c:

I'm usually online on skype thanks to my phone tho! o u o so if you guys have questions or want to plot something out, it's caffeinelorencia = v =

mome
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Artik on Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:35 pm

No worries Minerva, no rush.

I should be getting Mer-Dude up relatively soon.

& Yikes, mome. Good luck, good luck. Try to get all healthy n junk.

Artik
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xenocartographer on Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:24 pm

I'm not Minerva! Minerva is fictional and female and I am almost never either of those things. (Also I did get a post up, as noted in the edit.)

mome, best of luck. *hugs*

Xenocartographer
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Artik on Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:44 pm

Ah! Apologies! Using character names become habitual when associating a player with who they play. Xeno, Xeno, Xeno. I got this.

Don't think i've got much time to whip up a post tonight, but expect one tomorrow for sure.

Artik
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xenocartographer on Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:32 am

Well it's been tomorrow, you jerk. :P

On a more serious note: Miyer, do you still need more NPCs, or? I'm not sure if we'd resolved that, and I'd said I'd play one if needed, and that still stands.

(...Also, stand by for something cool, hopefully. *mysterious smile* Also the "you jerk" thing is not meant to be taken seriously.)

Xenocartographer
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Artik on Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:00 pm

Going to toss up a post now! Yikes. School work kicked in quicker than I'd expected. :P

And afkjsdfsfsdjfn Mer-Dude! I need to catch the hell up on here. Yeesh.

(Also, I didn't take it seriously. S'all good.)

Artik
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xenocartographer on Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:01 pm

Right back at you. Got it up literally a minute before class, which fortunately was downstairs. :)

Xenocartographer
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miyer on Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:34 pm

Ya I do need another NPC if you offering Xeno ^-^ Artik is doing the mer guard and I don't care who I do, I don't know who Aaron is doing wither so you can choose from the three of them ^-^

Miyer
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby aarondalea on Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:21 pm

I'm fine with any one of the NPCs really! But I'll have to put it out here first- I'll most likely post rather slow over the next 2-3 days (I'm at an MUN conference), but I'll try my best and will most likely post as often as possible :)

aarondalea
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Artik on Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:24 pm

OOC: Artik, you got the location wrong, and forgot to tag Nixon. Also, formatting hiccup - you have [color-teal] where there should be an = instead of a - and it's making the color not show up. Also, for the record, italicized things here are thoughts, not things said out loud, which I'd always use quotation marks for. (I don't know the conventions here, so I thought it better to be explicit.)

@Xeno. Yeah. I noticed I'd effed up the location 'Places' wise but figured it'd show up in order in the basic Posting tab, so basically, i didn't give enough of a damn to delete, copy, then paste at the time. :P

Secondly, thanks for the coding error catch. fixed! annnnd in terms of italics and whatnot. I'm aware of the general conventions, i just don't tend to abide by them very often. I italicize for speech, flare, emphasis, or whatever really. i typically assume people get the jist, but if it's getting confusing, lemme know.

Artik
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xenocartographer on Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:55 pm

Ah no, it wasn't that I was confused by anything! It was solely about my own post, heh. There was at least one thing I wanted to make clear was a thought, not something said out loud, because saying it out loud would be really out of character for Minerva.

(Also I'm too good at derping up explanations of things.)

Xenocartographer
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Artik on Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:48 pm

Oh, oh, oh. I got'cha. S'all good. I thought you were confused, but you thought I was confused, and at the end of the day no one was really confused..we just thought each other were...confused.

# confused. /endrant

End point: Everything's kosher.

Artik
Member for 14 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!