Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Rise of the Palatinate Order

a part of “The Rise of the Palatinate Order”, a fictional universe by Mockingjay4793.

You, promising citizen, are soon to discover the extent of your potential. Rise, young one, and join the Palatinate Order.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Rise of the Palatinate Order”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mockingjay4793 on Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:44 am

Greetings, citizen.

By now you must be aware of the recent and unfortunate events concerning our Honourable King Andrew. God rest his soul. As stated in the decree concerning the death of our kind ruler, the Palatinate Order must come to the light. The Palatinate Order, as you may know, is an elite group of warriors, mages and hunters, who will be trained with our most highest and esteemed Royal Appointed Armsmaster Richard III, until they are ready to take on the role of Guardians of Nirameth.

You must have come to the realisation that you, dear child, are to become a member of The Palatinate Order. You will report to the castle gates at 8:30am sharp, tomorrow morning. There you will be greeted by myself, your Highest Queen Alice, and welcomed into my home. I must warn you child, that the path you are about to take on is both legally required and extremely taxing. Your body will be tired. Your mind will be stretched, but you must serve your people.

With all due respect and appreciation,

Highest Queen Alice
Remember who the real enemy is...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Mockingjay4793
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: The Rise of the Palatinate Order

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Temperance on Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:52 am

Ah, this looks nice.
I have a question though, are you looking for people to just make sheets and go 'the best sheet // RPer route wins' kind of a thing or do you desire people to 'reserve'?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Temperance
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Visual Appeal World Builder Person of Interest Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mockingjay4793 on Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:55 am

Thank you :)
You're free to reserve if you want a spot!! That's fine :) It's more of a 'first come first serve' type thing, but if a person reserves and submits a character sheet with one word info then they probably won't get the part.

Thank you for asking though! I should have mentioned that!

Mockingjay4793
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Temperance on Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:15 am

Ah, I would love to reserve a spot then. I would just make a sheet but its 5 am and I just cannot be bothered right this second and there are so little spots XD.

Temperance
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Visual Appeal World Builder Person of Interest Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Meow Meow on Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:17 am

If it's ok, I'd love to reserve a spot. I just would have to wait until after school to make it and I don't want to miss out on this roleplay ^^ it sounds like lot of fun! I promise I'll have a quality character though! I'm all about it! :)

Meow Meow
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Emmie_Hoeller on Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:28 am

Hello there, this looks to be extremely interesting and a quite promising RP.

I would love to reserve a spot, it will probably be a female mage, I'll get working on the CS as soon as I can.

^^ Thanks in advance.

"Aunque duela, llega el momento donde se debe
dejar que todo siga su camino, donde es mejor
no forzar nada. Donde se tiene que entender que
aunque con tanta fuerza se desee, hay cosas que
sencillamente jamás serán."

Emmie_Hoeller
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mockingjay4793 on Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:57 am

Wow!
I'm so excited for all the interest!!

All the spots are now reserved! I had a PM from a user named Iced Fire who had a few questions, so I've reserved them a space too, just in case :)

If I get much more interest i'll open up some more spaces, but I don't want it getting too crazy lol!

A few things I missed;
-All are human
-Mages can possibly have sub-classes i.e. Necromancer
-Mounts can be SLIGHTLY altered with spells. No changing the species. If the Necro wants an undead mount, it has to remain the same species. If you have a silver drake but have the ability to give it a cloaking spell to change the colour, feel free. However, spells like this DO wear off on these mounts.
-I have just noticed how World of Warcraft this feels...ooops... >.>

Mockingjay4793
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilentHillAmusements on Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:02 am

Ah damn, I missed it. This seemed very well fleshed out and thoughtful.

If anyone drops out, would you please notify me? I'd really like to participate.
Beware of he who took them
He goes by many names.
The Bogeyman, the Shadowed one,
but all are he, the same.

And if you take what is not yours
there can be no doubt
He'll stretch your skin until it snaps,
and all the blood drains out.

SilentHillAmusements
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mockingjay4793 on Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:16 am

How badly do you want in? ;) I've added another spot for you!

Mockingjay4793
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miyer on Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:07 pm

Dang it! I hate school, it means you always miss all the good roleplays! >~< Please message me if a spot opens as this sounds awesome but I understand that you don't want it to become crazy :P

Miyer
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XShishioX on Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:29 pm

Wow... This filled out within a few hours. That's impressive!

It only figures though. There are so many RP's that are just more of the same, that only a select few want to be a part of. So when something truly exceptional pops up, something well crafted and original, it's filled in a flash.

That doesn't make me any less disappointed that I missed it though. Super bummed, really, I am.

While I would love to be in this RP, I can see there's already a line forming in the hopes of earning some sort of extra/vacant spot. I will not be doing so. It wouldn't be fair to anyone else, and it wouldn't be worth your time, @Mockingjay, to pester you until you give in to my selfish wishes. Believe me, I'm not fishing for a role. That's not cool. I'm merely expressing my disappointment.

Further, I can understand not wanting something to be too full, I too dislike when the story becomes cluttered with excess characters. Further, it gets kinda dull waiting for someone to reply, only to find out they may have quit.

Best of luck everyone! I shall be watching/reading! Please do PM me in the future for any similar RP's. I'd love to be involved!

That's all for now! Thanks. :D
~Shishio

P.S. Yo Emmie! You always get into the ones I want to be in first! It's like we're friends with similar tastes or something... Weird...
Peace. Love. Life. You've only got one run, why waste it?

XShishioX
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mockingjay4793 on Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:33 pm

Miyer and Shishio you are lucky I'm in a good mood ;)
You're both in! How can I say no to people who are so interested.

BUT THAT'S IT FOLKS! Heehee :3 Get your character's up and lemme see 'em.
Also, i've not heard from Icedfire, and they never actually reserved a spot, so Miyer that's for you and Shishio i'm adding a final last one for you :P

Mockingjay4793
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XShishioX on Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:15 pm

I will love you forever... Wow! Thanks so much for giving me a shot! I'll get started right away!

EDIT: Just as a heads up, I'm thinking of making a Male, Ranger-type Character.

If we were to play along with the Dungeons and Dragons/WoW Theme, he'd be your standard shaman or druid. He's more focused on his bond with his mount/animal companion than any sort of physical or mystical training. The mount/companion is the one who fights for him, instead of my character doing the direct fighting. I suppose, as time passes, my character might look into fusion magic, where he combines with his mount/companion to take a hybrid form, or he himself becomes a copy of his mount/companion, but that's way down the road. In the beginning he'd be doing more of the healing and buffing/tracking the quarry type jobs, leaving his own personal defense to his mount/companion.

This is the opposite of what I usually do. I prefer to be the barbarian who smashes things that smarter characters point at. That being said, I like to push myself and try new things.

This should be so fun! I'm like... beside myself. Thanks so much for letting me join!

XShishioX
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilentHillAmusements on Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:27 pm

Oh, this is wonderful!

Thank you so much. Just so you know, I have been quite busy with work schedules (a girl recently got fired so I had to take a whole bunch of her shifts) but when I have time, I'll try to get in a work in progress, and work on fleshing it out as time goes by.

SilentHillAmusements
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mockingjay4793 on Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:24 pm

SHISHIO WTF THAT WIP IS AMAZING OMG

...ahem...welcome new ones :)

Mockingjay4793
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miyer on Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:25 pm

.... Don't think I can beat Shishio's thank you but all the same.... THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

Miyer
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby girlwt on Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:59 pm

Wow, I guess I missed this one too, have fun guys
There is a sacredness in tears....They are the messengers of overwhelming grief, of deep contrition and of unspeakable love.

Washington Irving

girlwt
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Emmie_Hoeller on Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:12 pm

You're absolutely right Shishio, xD we do have similar tastes in RP's which is awesome because I get to play with you more~ ^^ It goes beyond saying that I am thrilled to see that you've joined. I still remember the first RP we played together, cough *this cough. (:

I will begin working on my character during the weekend, and like I said I am totally planning on making a female mage;

I have a few questions though,

1) Does every character have a mount prior their training?

2) Do all characters know their classes before they are officially assigned to them?

3) Will we have older characters that already have some time in the Palatinate Order, something as seniors, older members of the order kind of thing or are all characters barely starting their training?

Emmie_Hoeller
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XShishioX on Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:32 pm

@Mockingjay, thank you! I cannot take all the credit for it. I blatantly stole it from another RP I'm in, but I LOVE the way it looks so it's now my standard for further characters. Thusly, credit goes to Leej10100.

Secondly, I see your character has taken a Nirameth Heavy for her mount. I was planning on using one, because the contrast of this huge, imposing, dark horse against this sweet little boy was super funny to me. However, since I like to shake things up, so my character is a little different from everyone else's, I will will be changing my mount to a gryphon/hippogriff. It's still funny because they're such proud creatures, and for Cas to be chosen by one is incredibly hilarious to me. I also see you have chosen a hunter. I will change Cas's skillset to be more of a Hunter/Medic or a Medic/Mage. This gives us a healer who can still perform ok in combat. It makes him more utilitarian. That way, the rest of the party can focus on specific roles.

@Emmie, awwww!!! I loves you too! I'm so excited to play more games with you! You're awesome. Let's be serious, if that was us in that gif, I wouldn't be looking confused, I'd be spinning you around me until we both got dizzy and fell over. Awwww... I'm so sad Jayce and Jess weren't a thing. They were so cute together...

XShishioX
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilentHillAmusements on Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:45 pm

@Shisho- I noticed on your form so far that you have your character, Cas, as a Hunter/Mage. But you say you were planning on making their skills a bit more Hunter/Medic.
Just wanted to tell you that I was planning on making my character almost a full-fledged Medic, so if you're doing that just out of trying to balance it out, then you don't have to.

However, if you're doing it just because you want to, then go right ahead. I just wanted to let you know so that you don't feel like you have to change your initial thought for the character in order to balance things out amongst the character classes. (Because I've definitely been forced to play something I don't want to for the sake of having a more even set of characters)

^.^

SilentHillAmusements
Member for 10 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!