Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Difficult Matters, Pertaining to Damsels and Dragons

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Difficult Matters, Pertaining to Damsels and Dragons

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seveneleven on Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:13 am

Hello to one and all! Before I discovered RPG, I used to roleplay on a different site that dealt only with a play-by-post formatting. I didn't realize at the time that RPG presented this format, a name for which I couldn't give the previous style I was used to a name. At the moment I'm more used to actually setting up a roleplay and posting it over the RPG. Yet, discovering this forum it brings me back to my beginnings and I would like to relive that nostalgia.

Speaking of which this is based on an old roleplay, in which I participated on the old site. To be honest, I only participated on it's sequel since I entered the game so late. Still nothing wrong with new beginnings. Without further ado, I present the plot of this tale.

In the Lands of Tamor, The Fifth Great Kingdom of Londe has suffered it's greatest catastrophe yet, a merciless, fire-breathing Dragon has kidnapped the Princess. With the Kingdom heartbroken and in disarray, efforts have been in place to vanquish the beast and rescue the Princess. Unfortunately, all efforts have failed. Many a brave knight has been killed by the monster and sending the army has proven to be a costly move. When facing a beast whose scales are far harder than any armor, with claws, and fangs sharper than any steel, and of course fire that would incinerate one down into ashes, it's no wonder the creature has lived for so long.

It hides in it's lair, an old mountain fortress that used to guard the Londean Gold Mines. Slowly but steadily the Dragon has amassed an impressive Treasure Hoard. Thanks to constantly terrorizing neighboring lands and stealing their goods. This Dragon has been nothing but a plague on these lands. Perhaps a worse a plague than the Running Death, a blight that ruined the Fourth Great Kingdom of Londe. With all other options exhausted, the King turns to outside help. With his sanctioned decree, heroes from all walks of life are called upon to slay the Dragon and rescue his daughter. With the call of adventure on the horizon, do you accept the quest and embark on a perilous journey to face a scaly nightmare and rescue the damsel in distress? Did I mention the chance of reward? No? Well lots of riches could be had, after all, Dragons are notorious for keeping loose change lying around.

The story begins in the City of Beystead, where would-be heroes are either brave enough or mad enough to accept this quest. From here it's pretty open-ended. You could be apart of a Guild that regularly deals with these disturbances, or maybe your a knight whose madly in love with the Princess, or maybe your a wandering hero that goes where he/she is needed. Hell, you could be an outsider looking for fame and fortune, whatever the case it's up to you to make a character and decide what their business is with this quest. I really don't have any rules regarding player race, just so long as I don't see any godmodding, autohitting, etc. Also make their ages reasonable, children don't exactly line up to take on Dragons in their spare times. (Well at least not real ones).

Character Sheet (If you need one).

Name:
Race:
Class: (If you want to include that sort of thing)
Special or Racial Talents: (If applicable)
Description: (Pictures, Writing, anything you can use to describe what this character looks like)
Personality:
Background:
Inventory: (You can start out with something or nothing)
Other: (If there is anything else you would like to say about your character that can't be fit into any of the other categories) (Optional of course)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Seveneleven
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Re: Difficult Matters, Pertaining to Damsels and Dragons

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seveneleven on Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:44 pm

Name: Taethion of Gilfried
Race: Human
Class: Paladin
Special or Racial Talents:

Description: Image

Personality: Like any paladin, Taethion is brave, chivalrous, and honest. Although unlike other paladins, Taethion is devoid of the pretentious, holier-than-thou, attitude that befalls some paladins. Taethion is very humble and not at all arrogant. After all hubris is a deadly sin. He is very friendly and quite calm in most situations. He is very devoted to his faith and faithful to the company he keeps.

Background: Taethion was orphaned at birth, left on the steps of a Church. There he was raised by the clergyman, particularly a retired Paladin by the name of Quincy. Quincy raised the boy to be an honest and good soul, since so few exist in the world. He noticed that Taethion had an affinity with white magic and trained him in the Art of Prayer. Using their god's name to evoke his holy might into human form. After many years of teachings and training, Taethion left the Church and decided to use his abilities to help those who are in need of it.

Inventory: Horse (Herrod), Plate Armor, Longsword, Prayer Book
Other: (If there is anything else you would like to say about your character that can't be fit into any of the other categories) (Optional of course)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Seveneleven
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seveneleven on Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:22 pm

Upon his horse he rode in to the City of Beystead. Once their he brought his horse to one of the many Common Stables. Here Herrod would be well taken care of. "So long my friend, we shall see each other soon!" The man in armor spoke to his steed. Herrod then neighed as if he understood him perfectly. After a loving pat on the side of it's neck, Taethion gave the reigns to a kindly old man. He then walked down the street.

Seveneleven
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Knight.EXE on Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:29 am

Name: Hisan
Race: Snow elf
Class: Bard/Dancer (there both actual classes I looked)
Special or Racial Talents: High agility and a resistance to cold.
Description: Image
Personality: Hisan is a quiet but kind person who likes to make music, and does dances to help make others day a bit brighter. But he's no slouch in a fight, using his music to calm foes while empowering his allies, before he dances with his daggers.
Background: Hisan lived on top of his clans mountain for as far as he can remember but a month ago he left the mountain to see what human life is like, sadly that make's him look very foolish at times and leads him into trouble more often then not.
Inventory: a flute, a dagger, a cloak, and some clothes
Other: N/A
You have opened the gate to hell, and unleashed Misery upon the world.

Knight.EXE
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist World Builder Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Knight.EXE on Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:46 am

Hisan was walking around a human village he found looking for a inn to stay at, "Is there one over here? No no that's a tavern. Maybe over there? No that's a store." he muttered to himself, "Maybe I should ask someone," he started to search for some one who seemed to know the place better then he, "Excuse me sir but you wouldn't happen to know a in around here would you?" he asked a man as he walked by only to receive a, "Get lost elf!" as a response, "Well that was rude. Maybe if I play something someone could tell me." he said before taking out his flute, and started to play a soothing melody.

Knight.EXE
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist World Builder Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!