Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat β€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Conspiracy Theory

Conspiracy Theory

a part of “Conspiracy Theory”, a fictional universe by Xistinna.

A mysterious man, you only know as the Historian, reveals to you the wildest conspiracy theories and asserts they are true. The world is about to change and he claims he can save you but can you believe him.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Conspiracy Theory”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Conspiracy Theory

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xistinna on Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:00 am

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Conspiracy Theory"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.
Suffice to say, I enjoy roleplays that I can escape into.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Xistinna
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Re: [OOC] Conspiracy Theory

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xistinna on Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:28 am

About the RP: We will be playing characters living in present time. The plot is, your character is told of a conspiracy that is engineering the evolution of mankind in the most horrible of ways, and the terrible system that will replace it also means the death of billions of lives, including yours. But not all is what it seems, the obvious is sometimes a lie, and the unexplained can be the truth (or is it?). Your character will take the position of investigating the facts, and decide weather to believe the Historian, or discard what he reveals as the theories of a mad man.

The conspiracy theories I am referring to are RL conspiracies we know of today, historians have study them, ancient-civilizations have documented them, the government mock or deny them, and those who believe them continue to spread them like a virus through the internet. Some of these conspiracy theories are too surreal to accept, and yet the evidence of their existence is real. I am not saying they are true, or not, just using what I've read for the setting of this fictional-roleplay.

The puzzles I created may not be simple and more likely am the only one who can decipher them, but don't let that discourage your participation. Some of the puzzles will require you do some research of the topics on your own - like translating a word into English to find out it's meaning, or goggling names and references of pictures and artifacts, and when all else fails in your investigation I'm here to help. I provided a list of professions I think will make your character's journey much easier - each profession has its perks, some provide access to weapons and government buildings, other professions fit the type of characters that can cooperate (or not) as they conduct their investigation of the facts. I also provided a list of the social class because I felt it was important to explain the financial resources for your characters. Try and figure out what it is you need to do - the quest is in the letter. The information for your research is in the letter, translate it, decipher it, and when you think you know what I’m talking about submit your character. I don’t think that what I’ve written is too difficult to decipher, but if you need help simply ask for it in OOC. Good luck!
d luck!

*OPEN
Last edited by Xistinna on Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Xistinna
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marrionette on Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:27 pm

Will I be able to join? I like to ask before actually joining it seems rude just to post a character sheet. x.x

Marrionette
Member for 13 years
Promethean Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xistinna on Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:18 am

Am still in the setting up process but you are welcome to submit a character for review, Marrionette.

Xistinna
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LSunday on Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:00 pm

Just submitted a character as well--this looks very interesting. Hope we get a nice set of people!

LSunday
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xistinna on Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:01 pm

I like your character, LSunday. How well do you understand the Historian's letter, what have you been able to decipher?

Xistinna
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LSunday on Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:24 pm

Be forewarned, the eye is watching the eye already sits on the pyramid; the 13 entered its portal as men and came forth as gods. The age of Brahma is coming. The bug, Shiva, has already been loose upon the world – you must go to where the goblins wait, like puppets in suitcases, for the disruption of the world, which will start the engineered evolution of Manu. You have 16 hours to decide. It’s your call.

[Cleverness goes here]
Last edited by LSunday on Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

LSunday
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xistinna on Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:25 am

You are on the right track, LSunday. Your character is accepted. For the moment keep any research you do to your self. I will wait a few more days and see if anyone else likes to join. Also I edited the description of the keycard, and added two places with information, please review them.

Xistinna
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Doxology on Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:21 am

Is the RP still open for submission?
Two guys in a dark alley circle each other like hawks readying for the kill. The first one pulls out a penknife and opens it with a flick of his wrist. The blade sets in with a click.
-"Alright, Shirley," he taunts, "Let's dance."
Guy 2 sneers as the icepick flashes in his hand: "Put on your red shoes and dance the blues."
There is a block of awkward silence. Guy 1 finally says: "I was being metaphorical."
Guy 2 replies: "I was being David Bowie."

Doxology
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LSunday on Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:32 am

Should I edit out my post, then?

Also, I only see the cell-phone watch and intelligence agency along with the default. Are these the places you are talking about?

LSunday
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xistinna on Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:20 pm

@Doxology: Yes, the RP is open and you can submit a character for approval.

@LSunday: I wasn't sure if you had already seen the new areas. If you like you can submit or work on the introduction of your character, starting from when he receives the letter, and his reaction to it. The RP isn't ready to start yet and I'm waiting a few more days to see who else joins.

Xistinna
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LittlePocketz on Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:46 pm

I think I have that letter mostly figured out, so I'm gonna go ahead and submit a character.

LittlePocketz
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xistinna on Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:49 pm

I like your character, LittlePocketz. What have you figured out so far?

Xistinna
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LittlePocketz on Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:37 pm

Thanks :). I think I have the whole deal with the pyramid, the 13, Brahma, and the goblins figured out. It took a little research, but, provided I'm right, wasn't too hard. I got lazy and didn't even search for the engineered evolution of Manu. Might do that in a bit.

LittlePocketz
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xistinna on Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:40 pm

Alright, character accepted. I would like to start this weekend. Accepted characters can start working on your starting posts and post them – in your account it should be clear your understanding of the letter and what you need to do. My character Luz won't be introduced at this point and the Historian (if you understood the letter?) is waiting for you to make the next move. If you have any questions and seriously can't figure out where it is you need to go say so in OOC and I will point you in the right direction. But keep in mind that part of roleplaying in CT is figuring things out on your own. I won't be rushing anyone to post but I won't be babysitting your characters, they will die if you don't participate and follow the minimum posting rules. I'm also open to your suggestions and plot ideas so feel free to post them here. Let’s create an interesting story and have fun.

The RP is open; I am still accepting interesting characters from those who can figure out the letter.

Xistinna
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sablewing on Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:39 pm

I'm interested in joining, though I am still working out bits of the letter. I think I have most of it figured out. I'd like to contact you, Xistinna, but I am new to the site and can't quite find the way to message you privately. Wouldn't want to leak what I >think< I have discovered.

Sablewing
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LSunday on Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:26 pm

If you're new, you need ten posts before it will let you send private messages.

On a side note: I should still be able to post, but from Monday-Saturday this coming week I'll be travelling, so my posts might take longer than otherwise.

LSunday
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xistinna on Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:03 pm

@LSunday: Thanks for letting me know.

@Sablewing: Submit your character for approval. :)

Xistinna
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LSunday on Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:08 pm

I posted my intro. I tested the idea of searching for a description of the image on Google. Since the fourth result for the indicated image search brought me to this RPG, I took that as a sign that within the roleplay-verse, it would take me to the site.

If this is inaccurate, I will happily edit the post.

LSunday
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xistinna on Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:41 am

The RP is open even though we've started. Please submit your characters for approval. I'm going to post the RP in the Players Wanted thread to advertise us and hopefully we'll get a few committed players.

@LSunday: The Agency name would not come up in a goggle search - if the logo where to be found in RL the only search for it would be the Defense Intelligence Agency (because that's where I grabbed an edit copy from). However, you are on the right track as far as the first step to take to start the quest. I've sent you a PM.

Xistinna
Member for 13 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!