Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Wasteland (OOC)

a topic in Roleplayers Wanted, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Looking For Players [LFP]? Have a part to be played? Post a thread here!

Wasteland (OOC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Afterman on Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:46 pm

For IC: wasteland-t32621.html

The world is dead
Storyline: After the detonation of the Devastator bomb in 2012, 50 years later the world has been reduced to nothing but a wasteland. Food is scarce, people are dying, and water that hasn't been poisoned by radioactive fallout is hard to come by. Currency has been reduced to plastic coins called Credz, the value of the coin being printed on the front (1, 5, 10, 20, 50, 100, 500: past 10 is very hard to obtain), and resources have been almost all used up.
Gathering neccesities to survive isn't the only problem: bandits raid and kill many people daily, and mutant creatures attack the unaware traveler. It's hell on Earth around these parts. And only the strongest survive.

-General Info-
Towns:
Frontier City-supposedly a safe haven for all who wander here, supposedly larger than Duran Grand; never been found
West Wind Area-oasis supposedly located near Frontier City
Duran Grand-largest known city on Earth, center for trade (contains the Duran Grand prison)
Arka-city that has run amok, full of bandits and murderers
Fredriksberg-small farming community having little success with the farming
Raugh-A medium size city, many shops and bazzars
Hollow Eden-refuge for the weak and defenseless inspired by the legend of Frontier City; crawling with sickness
Jerison-small town
Xander-city
Kizer Villiage-villiage of traders and travelers
X/411-settlement area for the mutated
Ghedad-Temple of Buddhist monks
Sheldon Town-farming town having fair success
Ironforge-secret bandit-run underground prison for bounty hunters

Monsters:
The mutated-humans affected by fallout; sometimes lose sanity and begin to kill
Spitter-acid spitting snake-like creature
Repulsion-scaley wolf-like monster; poisonous foaming at the mouth
Ripper-red shelled monster with razor-sharp claws, cuts through metal like butter
Steel-4-legged monster made of steel; attacks by running into you
Gigante-giant monster; throws objects and slams hands to create shockwave
Inferno-skeleton that harnesses fire
Vampire-absorbs any form of energy to survive, claws to attack
Zombie-human turned zombie by radioactivity; can be docile; capable of speech
Cancer Inflictor-8 legged spider-like creature that emits smoke and gets it into human's lungs
Switchster-shape shifting monster, goes from bipedal to four-legged spikey beast
Seedling-poisonous living plant; kills in one bite; located in Hollow Forest
The Darkness-an unkillable demon (best tactic: RUN LIKE HELL!)
Yarp-braindead yeti-like creature, found in Snowglades
Siren-lure people to their deaths with their songs and devour them; found in Asura Desert
Screechers-flying pterodactyl-like creatures that can swallow humans whole; found in Ambient Mountains and Snowglades
Stranglers-living vines that choke living things and eat them; found in Hollow Forest
Poisanos-poison frogs that inject people with a virus that eats them alive from the inside; found in Hollow Forest
Zaggers-forest zombie; found in Hollow Forest
Dead Bones-walking skeletons that wield swords; found on Skeleton Bay

Land Areas:
Asura Desert-desert of many mirages, located west of Xander; contains Sirens
Snowglades-mountainous region covered in snow, located north of Duran Grand; contains Yarps and Screechers
Skeleton Bay-shorline of the ocean located south of Ghedad; many zombies live around here
Red Desert-desert so hot it makes people sweat blood, which the sand is stained with; located east of Kizer Villiage
Ambient Mountains-mountains located west of Sheldon Town; contains Screechers
Hollow Forest-forest area easy to get lost in located just south of Hollow Eden; contains Seedlings, Stranglers, Poisanos and Zaggers

-Character Sheet-
Name:
Ethnicity:
Race: (human, zombie, mutated)
Appearance:
Bio: (include birthplace)
Tools/weapons:
Sexual orientation:

My Character
Name: Ryder
Ethnicity: White
Race: Human
Appearance: Image
Bio: Ryder was born in Arka. Abandoned by his parents at birth, he was taken in by Marshall Black, who taught him all about surviving in the wasteland: how to hold a gun, how to find supplies, how to kill. After Ryder turned 13, Marshall was killed by a group of bandits. It was then that Ryder decided to become a bounty hunter, taking any job possible to live in this hell on earth. He quickly arose through the underworld, being known as the Wasteland Warrior, Reaper of the Desert, and other names. He has become a ruthless killer and gives no mercy to anyone.
Tools/weapons: 2 large black revolvers
Sexual orientation: straight
Last edited by The Afterman on Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:23 am, edited 5 times in total.

"But are you gonna kill her off?"
"It's not your decision. I love the character, she stays!"
"Yeah, well the only thing love's done is put you in this position; I say kill her off!"
"Yeah, but you say a lot of things -and how's that work? You're a bicycle."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

The Afterman
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver Person of Interest

Re: Wasteland (OOC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TexasMechanism on Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:05 pm

Can I save a spot in this? Looks mighty interesting!
"I Like You As Well. . .But I'm A Ladies Man Sooo I'll Leave My Heart ByThe Bedside"

-SirValentine(ME)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

TexasMechanism
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yomei on Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:07 pm

Name: Anna Marie, goes by Fang
Ethnicity: White
Race: Zombie
Bio: Anna was born to rich (to the people of the world) parents in Arka. Soon, it was revealed that radioactivity was coming on the wind. The parents left Anna at the home. Anna was exposed and turned into a zombie. She now lives in Fredriksberg, helping with anyone for a few Credz. She is very excitable, even though she is technically dead. She gets happy really fast and loves adventures.
Tools/weapons: She can use a bo staff and sometimes uses her fists.
Sexual orientation: Straight.
I've seen you.
Where?
In my dreams.
Your dreams?
Yes, I've dreamt before. Horrid nightmares, sweet dreams, even weird dreams. But I once dreamt of you, only for a moment, and that moment was all it took for me to fall in love.
~a book I've read.

Yomei
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yomei on Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:09 pm

ta da!! like that sorta?

Yomei
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Afterman on Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:40 pm

Taxas-sure
Yomei-accepted

The Afterman
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby saranm on Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:44 pm

I think I'll end up joining... some kind of wanderer... but I wanted to ask, did you have some kind of story, or is it more player driven.
"Sad, terribly sad" said the reader to the writer, "one of the characters in my book died." The writer smiled "I know the feeling, so did mine."

The lifespan of Kirant: Image

saranm
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Orrin55 on Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:47 pm

Name: Mike Samuels
Ethnicity: White/Irish
Race: Mutated
Appearance:Image
Bio: For as long as Mike has remembered he's been a bodyguard. He can only remember to the point of when he woke up and discovered his mutated left arm. Despite his condition, the red haired survivor has made an impressive record staying loyal to his clients and deadly to his enemies. He wanders from place to place looking for work and a few credz to keep him going
Tools/weapons: Falcion, Clawed gauntlet, Steel greaves
Sexual orientation: Straight

Orrin55
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Afterman on Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:17 pm

saranm-it's pretty much whatever your character has to accomplish
Orrin-accepted

The Afterman
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FoxFlare on Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:11 pm

Could i reserve a spot?
axel-legacy-ooc-players-wanted-t35701.html JOIN THIS RP OR I'LL FIRE MAH LAZ0R
ImageImage

FoxFlare
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yomei on Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:12 pm

im excited! when are we gonna start? after we get a couple more people?

Yomei
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Afterman on Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:13 pm

yes you can reserve a spot
and yes

The Afterman
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby River-Koi on Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:39 pm

I'd like to reserve a spot too, at least until I can sketch up a decent character picture.

River-Koi
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Afterman on Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:40 pm

you got it

The Afterman
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby natno on Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:42 pm

-Character Sheet-
Name:Eponine
Ethnicity:Caucasian
Race: mutated
Appearance:Image She's a tall and skinny girl but the curves take away any sense of her being gawky or lanky. She has big hazel eyes that switch back and forth between green and brown depending on the light and dark chestnut hair (almost black).
Occupation:She's a soothsayer and...just about anything that requires stealth. Before the bomb detonated she was a spy undercover as a dog trainer. Eponine had a certain gift for animals and now she finds herself still working with them only now they're less fuzzy...and more deadly. She doesn't really mind it though. She's a girl who knows how to fight if things get rough though most people underestimate her because she's tall and skinny. Kinda gawky.
Bio: Eponine was born just outside of Arka but moved to Xander at the age of ten to learn how to become a spy. While she was away both of her parents were killed. She graduated three years before the bomb went off and worked her way up in the spy world.
Tools/weapons: Two katanas
Sexual orientation:Straight

natno
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Afterman on Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:45 pm

that's good. approved

The Afterman
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sorentier on Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:16 pm

Name: Malcolm Blitzkrieg
Ethnicity: Caucasian/German
Bio: Born in the Duran Grand, the trade cnter of the world, he was part of the high class society. His parents were very rich and made up mos of the buisnesses that Duran Grand has. But for some reason, Malcolm didn't like this life of leizure. There was nothing special about people with alot of cash, they're just richer than most. Time and time again, he tried to leave Duran Grand and see the world that was outside of this urban cage. But each attempt failed in him being caught and dragged back to his family. After many attempts, he gave up and lived his life as a 1st class citizen. This is how it was, until he turned 18 and was able to make his own decisions. So he told his parents that he would leave to see the world he never got to see. His parents let him go, marked him as a lost cause and dropped him as a memeber of their family. So he left them with the clothes on his back and some things he decided to take and buy with his parents money, just to give them a good slap in the face. He explored most of the world, but soon found out that it would be easier to see the world and get money if he worked as a mercenary. So he went to the best place that could easily offer jobs for a merc, Arka. From then on, he stayed in Arka, but goes where ever he wants to when he's on a job, or when he just feels like exploring.
Tools/Weapons: A black high powered bolt action sniper rifle, a 9mm semi-automatic pistol, a combat knife, and a pair of night vision goggles that he was lucky to find, although they don't work all the time.
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Last edited by Sorentier on Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sorentier
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Afterman on Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:19 pm

competition. lol.
accepted.

The Afterman
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sorentier on Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:30 pm

Well, not exactly. Bounty hunters go after people with bountys on their heads, for whatever reason. Mercenarys basically tackle any job that becomes avalible to them.

But i said not exactly, so there could be some competition if i'm given a job to hunt someone down. Meh, whatever, we'll only be rivals if it comes to someone we're both hunting :).

Sorentier
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wolfangel26 on Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:34 pm

Name: Angela "Raven" Murphy
Ethnicity: Caucasion
Appearance:
Bio:
Born in Arka, her mother died in childbirth and her father was killed when he pissed off some local thugs when she was four. She was taken in by a man claiming to be her uncle. This man was Deacon Evergreen, a man somewhat renown for his ruthlessness and professional effeciency. He was a former bounty hunter who became a mercenary. She was raised to take care of herself, but never turn down a decent job. Her line of work ranged from protection detail to the rich to occasional bounty hunting, etc. He gave her a new name, "Raven".
When she was 17, she learned that the man claiming to be her uncle actually killed her father for his money and took her in because he saw potential in training her. Upon learning this information, in a fit of rage, Angela shot and killed Deacon, earning something of a bounty on her head. Since then, she's been on the run, living a life of an outlaw. To make money, she earns some money by taking on mercenary jobs under her original name, "Angela", to avoid getting caught.
While she has been given a reputation as a bloodthirsty murderer who has butchered several people, this is mere propaganda spread by Deacon's former allies. In truth, he committed several acts of genocide, but to raise the bounty on her head, the credit was put on Angela's head. She's been given the nickname, "The Raven Nevermore", a play off some work of literature of the old world. Despite her "reputation", she's a pretty easy-going individual with a witty and charming personality, and a somewhat sarcastic sense of humor.
Tools/weapons: She two desert eagles and a bowie knife, but she's also skilled with hand-to-hand combat.
Sexual orientation: Straight
Last edited by wolfangel26 on Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Humor is reason gone made."- Groucho Marx
"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity."- George Carlin
"It is better to know some of the questions before all of the answers."- James Thurber

Image Image Image Image Image

wolfangel26
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Afterman on Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:36 pm

accepted.
ok, I think we can start the IC now.

The Afterman
Member for 13 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!