Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

HaHaHa new Rating feature.

a topic in Discussion & Debate, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: dealing with it, Ambassadors

Talk about philosophy, politics, news & current events, or any other subject you're interested in!

HaHaHa new Rating feature.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xersist on Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:42 am

Rate this post, no seriously, I guess Master or one of the other admns just put in a new feature that lets us rate our post. Only with a twist, no self-promotion.HA Sucks for the losers out there. JKing in all.

But really what do you guys think? post below and rate them, I give this one 5 stars for EPIC! FTW! :lol:

Oh and there might be an announcement later about this sooner or later, so this should tank in about a week or so. So better get your shovels ready.

The Rating is on the top right, next to the quote button.
Last edited by Xersist on Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
From the Halls of Montezuma, to the shores of Tripoli
We will fight our country's battles in air, on land and sea

First to fight for right and freedom, and to keep our honor clean
We are proud to claim the title of United States Marine

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Xersist
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: HaHaHa new Rating feature.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rachelle on Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:44 am

Yay. 8)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Rachelle
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vexar on Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:52 am

I'm so excited about this entire system. It will finally give people a chance to see whether posts are generally good or bad, without reading through pages of stuff.

Vexar
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Person of Interest Beta Tester Tipworthy Streamwatcher Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xersist on Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:12 pm

Hey guys remember that this stuff is to help us figure out, who are good Rpers and bad eggs in the bunch. Don't score someone if you don't mean it. Lets try to be understandable, and respectable.

Xersist
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lake on Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:36 pm

Its a good idea, but its almost guaranteed that the system will be abused by some people. People will give themselves five stars and everyone else either no rating for one star, but if you are smart enough to read the post and see if the person is a quality RPer or not, then the ranking system isn't really idea. Then again this is Roleplay Gateway and not Gaia, so people might make actual use of this new system.

That, and I'm afraid that if I touch it I'll get stabbed.. The star's pointy edge freak me out. >_>
This signature is naked. Help by clothing it!

Lake
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vexar on Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:58 pm

Actually... You cannot rank yourself..

And, you can not have any weight on Ranking if you don't post and make good posts.. Trust us, there is no way of gaming this system. Eric has been developing this for months and months. It's finally going into public eye now.

Vexar
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Person of Interest Beta Tester Tipworthy Streamwatcher Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kouketsu on Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:08 pm

Popularity contests ftw.

I hope I get high marks despite the fact that nobody who has arrived here in the last year or so has seen me make a single post. >_>

Also, I think it would be awesome if it could only be enabled in the roleplaying forums.

Kouketsu
Member for 18 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xersist on Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:02 am

I wonder if this will have any ramifications, like people not talking to someone with a low score. But I hope people are kind and understandable.

Xersist
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vexar on Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:11 am

Since it is a post quality rating and the likes. I believe this over the whole board is the best thing to do. We are a gateway, a role playing community. Some people come here just to be part of the community, I don't feel they should be left out just because they don't do the forum based role playing. They may just want to play the forum games and participate in the Creative realm. With that, they should be rated as well. It helps their work get official ratings as well.

As far as not talking to some one with a low score, it's just as bad as people not talking to those who post one liners. Honestly, I find it hard to have a low score. But, this system should encourage those with a low score, to do better. It's a great motivational system. I know if I was sitting there with one or two stars... I'd get off my ass and start researching and getting help.

Vexar
Member for 17 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!