Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Creative Realm: "NO MORE 0 REPLIES!"

a topic in The Artist's Cafe, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Have some artwork to share? Share it here — and feel free to ask for commissions!

The Creative Realm: "NO MORE 0 REPLIES!"

Tips: 2.50 INK Postby ViceVersus on Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:42 pm

Howdy-hey, guys and gals! Your friendly neighborhood Sato is back in action with a fresh paint of orange, and an open call to all writers, poets, and musicians.

It's time to recharge the Creative Realm, the Designers' hangout of choice, and I need your help!

The Creative Realm is a wonderful nurturing ground for free-form awesomeness. It's a place where those who have a knack for writing poems, doodling, singing, or crafting short stories can post their content. On top of that, it's a place to find contests, commissions, writing prompts, and a whole bunch of other goodies!

Unfortunately, it's also a section of RolePlayGateway that gets the least amount of traffic.

Let's change that, shall we?

If you've posted something in the Artwork, Writing, Poetry, or Music sub-forums in the last few months, and it received a whopping "0" replies, then I'll make a detailed, thoughtful, and timely review of that content.

This goes for anything posted there in the future, as well, so if you've been thinking about sharing your work, there's no better time than now!

Hopefully, this will encourage y'all to follow suit. If you have a second, stop on by the Creative Realm, and post something! Spending just five minutes to read someone else's work is fantastic, too. Trust me - it's an awesome feeling knowing another person has viewed and appreciated your content.

Again, this is open for all sub-forums of the Creative Realm, not just writing. Music and Artwork need some love, too!

If you don't have anything ready to post, fret not!

There are a few fun contests and submission incentives in the works that'll jog your creative juices.

Stay tuned, and stay classy!

-Sato

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 2.50 INK in return for their work.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Re: The Creative Realm: "NO MORE 0 REPLIES!"

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RogueMinstrel on Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:23 am

Whooooo! You got a supporter here! In fact, I'm going to scroll through the Creative Realm right now and choose something to read and comment on as I cannot agree more with everything you said. I'm finally getting some things straight in my personal life so I will be getting on here more often and will be looking forward to some of these contests you mentioned.

Also, I should take the time to mention some of my own work that I recently posted in to the Creative Realm that I would love to see some comments and criticisms on. It is called The Wizard and I have the first four chapters posted up for anyone who is interested.

Thanks RPG!!!!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

RogueMinstrel
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:19 am

Fantastic! I'll stop by and give it a look when there's more daylight, and I feel less like collapsing. xD

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nightpain on Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:28 pm

i wholly agree! maybe if a few of us check out as many spots as we can, it would prompt people to post more of their material, catching more attention.
lets revitalize the creative realm!

Nightpain
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:22 am

That's the idea! :D

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HitoriRaven on Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:34 pm

Rogue has recruited me here. I will try my best!

HitoriRaven
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Contributor Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rulke on Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:30 pm

I'm all the willing, I warn you I'm harsh and can often be blunt, but all this has made me a better poet. Consider me the Ebert of here.
We help the multi-nationals
when they cry out protect us.
The locals scream and shout a bit,
but we don’t let that affect us.
We’re here to lend a helping hand
in case they don’t elect us.
How dare they buy our products
yet still they don’t respect us.

Billy Bragg - The Marching Song Of The Covert Battalions

Rulke
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Group Theory Cult Leader Greeter Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.75 INK Postby ViceVersus on Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:45 pm

I'd recommend curtailing the harshness, and the bluntness. The purpose of this is not to come in guns swinging. If someone has plainly marked their content open for constructive criticism, and has also thrown the door wide open for people to be as vicious as they please, then sure. But as a general setting, I'd say being nicer with folks you don't know is safer.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.75 INK in return for their work.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zodia195 on Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:40 pm

I have a question. Do we just pm you if something has had 0 replies? Because they can get quickly pushed down the forums.

Zodia195
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist World Builder Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:48 am

The activity in the Creative Realm isn't high enough that a user's thread could be lost to the second or third page within a week or so. But if, improbably, that does happen you're certainly welcome to contact me.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sophistry on Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:40 pm

this is pretty awsome of you to do

Sophistry
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby rayche on Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:57 pm

Sweet! This is a good thing to do. It probably annoys people (I know it annoys me) when they post something, and the specifically said they wanted feedback. And 2 months later, still no replies...

rayche
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mostlytoasty on Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:00 pm

This was a great idea. It's a bummer when a post goes up, and theres no replies.

mostlytoasty
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Stroke The Corpse on Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:05 am

I hate putting hard work into something and getting no notice. It completely destroys your confidence.

Stroke The Corpse
Member for 10 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!