Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Unable to Access Chat

a topic in Help, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: Ambassadors, Scholars, Coders

Something not working as expected? Looking for a guide to help you find something? Check here for your answer!

Unable to Access Chat

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby partially-stars on Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:59 pm

Hi all, I'm currently unable to access chat. The problem is occurring across multiple devices and with the chat app. I'm attaching screenshots of the various error messages I'm getting. I'm interested to see if anyone else is experiencing the same issues or not.

Web App Error (Firefox on Windows)
Desktop App Error
Web App Error (Safari on iPad)
those who do not believe in magic will never find it.

nominate a universe for universe of the month!
new to RPG or looking to help people who are? check out asphodel!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

partially-stars
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 15 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal World Builder Greeter Concierge

Re: Unable to Access Chat

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Connected on Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:40 pm

Same problem for me as well. I get it on desktop and mobile, even using a VPN. M_UNKNOWN authentication error; sounds like the Matrix is inaccessible or something.

What's strange is that I know of a number of other players who are able to access it just fine.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Connected
Member for 4 years
Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Author Tipworthy Tipworthy Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MartinVole on Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:39 pm

Also unable to access chat, just get a "Connectivity to the server has been lost."
Honor and arrogance are two sides of the same coin. We don't need standards like "honor," we just need mutual respect, and to do right by ourselves, as well as others.

MartinVole
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 10 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Streamwatcher Person of Interest Bug Hunter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver Greeter Concierge Group Theory Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Connected on Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:32 am

Looks like we're back up!

Connected
Member for 4 years
Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Author Tipworthy Tipworthy Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lee_Fang_Tze on Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:34 pm

I am experiencing the same M_UNKNOWN authentication error as described above. My experience is very similar to what the original author described. I wasn't around 2 days ago when the chat was supposedly back up so I don't know if it was working 2 days ago or not, but I do know that it isn't working right now. At least for me, and apparently also for several others. I myself have made several attempts to access the chat over these past 2 weeks, but with no luck. What could be the cause for this, and should we be concerned?

In the meantime, the only way to connect with me is through the PM service, so if anyone wishes to contact me, you'll have to do it there.
"Gung Fu has one purpose, to develop a reaction that happens naturally. Gung Fu is in the way you walk, the way you talk and the way you breathe. It is in the way you treat life, and the people around you. Everything you do is Gung Fu." - Shi Zhen Li

Lee_Fang_Tze
Member for 4 years
Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Lifegiver Author Promethean World Builder Builder Group Theory Conversationalist Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mombie on Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:26 pm

The site is also awfully slow, even during the day. Frustrating. I often get errors (several times a day) from being unable to access the server. Are these two issues intertwined?
M•O•M•B•I•E
Kids. Roleplay. School. Work.

Stay away from negative people,
they have a problem for every solution.
--Albert Einstein

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
If it doesn't open,
it is not your door.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
ImageImage

mombie
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Greeter Novelist Inspiration Concierge World Builder Builder Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby phosphene on Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:51 pm

the site has been slow for me as well, to the point of receiving errors like mombie described, but I've not had any issues accessing the chat.
Things are only impossible until they're not.
tumblr | Pinterest

phosphene
Member for 5 years
Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Author Tipworthy Conversationalist Promethean Inspiration Greeter Novelist Concierge Giver World Builder

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arminius on Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:40 am

Direct Link error message:

Query: INSERT INTO ajax_chat_online( userID, userName, userRole, channel, dateTime, roleplayID, characterID, ip ) VALUES ( '', '', '0', '0', NOW(), NULL, NULL, 'IkŽ ' ); Error-Report: Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'userID' at row 1 Error-Code: 1366

RPG Chat error message:

Error: Problem communicating with the given homeserver. (M_UNKNOWN)

Problem with the server seems to have been persistent for 2 months. Many users are still unable to access the site and/or chat for reasons still unknown. No word yet if anyone is working on a solution or trying to fix the problem. Seems to be effecting a lot of people still. Many users can't even sign on to express the issue. Does anyone know what the issue is or if it's even being fixed? Asking for a lot of people.

I tried using Discord to get ahold of people but am having issues with those servers also. Problem persists on multiple servers. Same as the original poster's issue. Seems that the site is not slow or dead. Just a lot of users unable to access anything at this time. See a few people who say it's working fine now. See many more than a few who say it's not working at all. Just thought I'd let you know. Thanks.

Arminius
Member for 3 years
Lifegiver Visual Appeal Author Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby phosphene on Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:54 pm

I am receiving this error message when trying to log into chat.

phosphene
Member for 5 years
Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Author Tipworthy Conversationalist Promethean Inspiration Greeter Novelist Concierge Giver World Builder

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby partially-stars on Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:04 pm

Hi all, this problem should be rectified now! Apologies for the delay in getting it sorted. If anyone still can't access it, let me know.

partially-stars
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 15 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal World Builder Greeter Concierge

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!