Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Fulham Bị Cấm Chuyển Nhượng Sau Vụ Bán Sao Trẻ Cho Liverpool » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Absolute Zero (OOC~Sign Ups)

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Absolute Zero (OOC~Sign Ups)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:36 pm

I was planning on having my character end up acting as a sort of guardian angel to the zero subjects, trying to keep them safe and helping them out without ever revealing much or anything about himself, but I can create a more central character if you'd prefer, like one of the zero subjects.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nyxeth on Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:44 pm

Your original idea is fine Gab. - However after checking your profile, I have a plot in mind and in general there were no previous "test" groups in regards to the Zero Subjects, they are a figurative anomaly and that is why they are so prized, as they can't be reproduced by 'normal' scientific means.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Nyxeth
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:38 pm

Yeah, I got that, and I don't mean he was created in the same way or anything, just that he was created by the same company, in the testing they did before the zero subjects were created. Unless they didn't do any testing before?

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nyxeth on Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:51 pm

Aaaah, well they would of been testing -to- develop something, what they were after will be found out. However sure, your character can be from a previous batch of tests in that regard.

Nyxeth
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mikaro Sarashi on Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:31 pm

Weewt place holder.

Mikaro Sarashi
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pride on Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:48 pm

Alv is there anything wrong with my character that I need to change?

Pride
Member for 15 years
Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nyxeth on Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:51 pm

Seems fine Pride. ;)

Nyxeth
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pride on Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:01 pm

Woot well my char might defect depending on the rp direction, but I am still not sure yet but I plan to add more power later on

Pride
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nyxeth on Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:45 pm

Cool, remember guys. Power is progressive, as the plot continues, characters may become stronger or weaker based upon what happens and abilities will develop. As will alliances, faction goals and what not.

Nyxeth
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zael Arkan on Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:19 pm

Alvaron, I just wanted to make sure my character's "transformation" power is acceptable. He does trigger it using ESP, but its very minimal, plus he can only use ESP if he's in his Forme.
"Death is sometimes thought to be a comprimise... but it is always made without choice."

Theme song for my first RP character, Luce Savone... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ben7h5c1yqk

Zael Arkan
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nyxeth on Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:03 pm

I'm unsure, in some respects I'm going to say ESP can affect anything on a physical level, ergo physical objects, organic objects, anything with a structure can be effected, however forces cannot just as magnetism and gravity. I'm going to say maybe, within the concept of healing is coaxing the body to heal faster with aid, I can imagine slight physical changes would be possible. I'll let you keep the skin change and muscular changes, however changing into something quite different is out.

Nyxeth
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Myviewing on Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:21 pm

Alright, I have an idea for a character. If it seems too farfetched though, feel free to correct me and I'll make that correction. Just want to see how it's accepted.

Name: Michael Kain
Alternative Name: Dr. Hugo Berkhard, Prototype 1
Biologic Age: 13
Mental Age: 65
Faction: Prototype 1- A successful experimental vessel for Dr. Berkhard's Consciousness
ESP Type: Offensive
ESP Level: A- 40G
Abilities: After years of manipulating himself, Berkhand was capable of instilling these abilities into himself

Neutral
Teleportation
Telepathy*
Offensive
Puppeting**
Defensive
Regeneration*
Breaks
Heart Break **

* Abilities he knows he is capable of using, rest will be awakened if Dr. Berkhard's mind is activated.
** Has done before, but is unwilling to do it again.

Appearance: Image A gentle appearing boy with black hair and brown eyes.
Personality: As a boy, Micahel is kind and meek, but inside his mind is one housing a power hungry man waiting to break free of being a mere shell of himself.
Bio: Dr. Hugo Berkhard was considered to be a genius by his employers for his "creation" of the Zero Gene. He saw himself as the next greatest Scientist the world would soon know. However his success would also begin to drive him to what many would call insanity. His constant manipulation of his Zero Gene would cause him to gain powers that the average human could only dream of achieving in a lifetime. This resulted in the Corporations Primus and Shroud finally agreeing on one thing: Dr. Hugo Berkhard can not be allowed to become any more powerful than he is.

Long beforehand though, Dr. Berkhard had plans for such an occasion. He couldn't allow his work to be ended by the simple meddling of Corporations, and he knew his body was not the ideal model of a fighting machine. He had kidnapped a boy from England and began to attempt possibly the most controversial experiment in human history, transfering one's consciousness into another body. His earlier workings with mice and monkeys had given him hope that this would be an effective process in the end. As a precaution however, he left audio cds of his work to be scattered throughout Germany in unlikely places to hide them from the corporations. On what was supposed to be the night of his assassination, Dr. Berkhard preformed the operation in replacing the boy's brain with his own.

The transfer however did not go as planned. The boy was alive once more, but it was almost as if he was born at the age he was then. He was capable of preforming basic human communication skills, but knew nothing of where he was when he awoke, or who he was for that matter. The boy was taken out of the building that day, and Dr. Berkhard's body was confiscated that day. There was however a mystery of what happened to his brain, there were no records regarding any experiments of the like and the boy was the last person to be expected of housing the mind of such a twisted man.

Since leaving, the boy has taken up the name Michael Kain. He wanders Germany looking for answers as to who he is, with nothing but an audio cd in his hand to provide a clue as to who he was. Still looking for a way to play it and to find anyone who would knw him, wants to know who he is and why it is he has the strange powers that he has. Since Dr. Berkhard's consciousness hasn't been awakened, the boy is only capable of using a handful of powers that ESP users can use. But nevertheless, if his mind is somehow reawakened, he will regain memory of these powers and use them to how he sees fit.

Anything of Note: If captured and Dr. Hugo's brain is reawakened, he will be dominant over Ludwig's body and rejoin Shroud to hunt down the Zero Subjects. He will do so of his own gain.
Last edited by Myviewing on Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:07 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Myviewing
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pride on Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:36 pm

I believe Alv is still just waiting for chars, so I would safely assume it's not close yet.

Pride
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saken on Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:39 pm

It ain't closed yet. =D And, Pride, GET BACK ON MSN SO I CAN RE- Erm.
Join in on my Mentoring Rp!
It's a chance to everyone to improve their skills.
Targeted at Newbies, but for everyone!
roleplay/mentoring-classification-zombies#introduction

I see you...

Saken
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Party Starter Friendly Beginnings Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CriminalMinds on Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:17 am

Of course, I'm saving a spot. It may take a day to get my profile up though. I'll edit/ finish editing my profile in here. :3

Alvaron : ACCEPTED PROFILE

Name: Cayden Baxtor

Alternative Name: Subject Four

Faction: Subject.

ESP Type: Defensive

ESP Level: C - 15G

Abilities:

• Neutral

• Telepathy
    • Levitation
  • Offensive

• Locking
    • Burst
  • Defensive

• Masking
    • Healing
    • Barrier

Custom Defensive

Cover-Up: And that is exactly what that is. Using a small amount of power it can be efficient enough to mask other ESPers powers from detection that don't have masking as a power, to normal civilians or ESPers with a lower ESP level than the user. For ones with a higher level, but not to much higher than the user, more power is needed to do it successfully. If the ESPer is a considerable amount higher in level than the user, then illusion is ineffective. This is a good thing to use when trying to mix in with civilians for hiding purposes.

Illusion: This can be performed using a small amount of power, but the less power used, the weaker it appears. When performed it can create an illusion of the user or an object that the ESPer wants the illusion to be of. The more power put into the illusion, the stronger it is and the harder it is for weaker ESPer's to pick up the illusion. Again, this can be picked up easily by ESPer's with a stronger power. It is good to use when in trouble and can cause great confusion and distraction, making enough time for the user in trouble to get away, if done correctly.

[Will add more as I think up some.]

Appearance: Cayden has short, spiked, dark brown hair and light blue eyes, giving off a piercing and unfriendly look when she stares. Her pale, yet small face, always has a permanent frown upon it's features (well, around other people, at least). Her small face matches the rest of her small physique. At only 5'5, she hardly has any meat on her bones not because she hardly eats, but because she keeps herself in shape by working out and weighs around 120lbs. She eats healthily so isn't so thin to the point where her skeleton can be seen.

Her skin is a peachy-white colour so whenever the blood runs to her cheeks during exercise, the rosy red colour stands out against her. Distinguishing marks on her can be found on her face, a long scar going down the left side of her nose and into the middle of her left cheek, and another hidden scar under her clothes, going down the inside of her right leg.

For clothes, Cayden usually wears combat, loose fitted trousers, either black or camouflaged in colour and a tank top of an assortment of colours. She also has an arrangement of hoodies and jackets for when it's cold.

Personality: This girl can be a dark mysterious horse at time. She can be quite cunning and calculative in her moves when she wants to be. She's a stubborn girl that likes to get what she wants and tries any means possible to do so, even if it means putting herself in danger at times. It's this that causes her to be stupid and reckless at times.

Due to been hunted by people, she doesn't trust anyone and can come across as rude, disrespectful and just damn right arrogant to people she converses with, whether she knows them or not. She tends not to know many people either, preferring to stick by herself. That way she won't be betrayed or double crossed, as she tells herself.

Despite coming across to some people as a tough girl, she can be caring deep down. If someone tries hard enough then they can get to her heart and find the warmness under all the cold that's there for people, it just takes time, effort and a lot of patience.

Bio: Cayden wasn't exactly co-operative with the scientists to say the least. Everything was a struggle with her. What ever they suggested, she didn't want to do and when they ordered her to do something, she often resisted or did the opposite. In the end, they had to resort to pain with Cayden. She'd struggle and resist only for so long then before submitting and following through with their orders.

Despite others been in the same position as her, she didn't talk often, or try to make friends with them. She withdrew herself a lot of the time from the outside world and just acted cold and uncaring towards everyone. There was no one she acted differently towards.

Once having been dispersed into the human population, Cayden immediately went into hiding for the first year. At first scared, she hid in an abandoned wooden hut in a forest, out of contact with humans. Once getting to grips with her powers and learning how to use them properly, she felt ready to go and try and fit in with the population, hiding from those hunting her and blending in with those that fear her. She's lived this life ever since, knowing one day she'll bump into those she hates.

Anything of Note:(anything you feel you need to add)

CriminalMinds
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Arc Warden Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saken on Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:16 am

Name: Echo Danial.

Alternative Name:07

Faction: Subject. Echo is a subject, one of the more Low-Level ones that, though she should be gotten rid off, has not been simply because she has the Zero Gene.

ESP Type:Defensive

ESP Level: A low C.

Abilities: (State abilities, created abilities need to be defined, explained and given logical reasoning/examples.)

Appearance: Echo is a slim young woman, standing at about five foot one and weighing about one hundred and twenty pounds. She has what is commonly called a runners physique, with strong legs and toned arms, though they can't lift much. The woman has long brown hair, with hints of red in it within the florescent or sun light. The girl's light blue eyes glisten from the dark hallows below her eye sockets, a sort of look that shows that the teen doesn't get that much sleep. Set across the girl's nose is a bridge of dark brown splotches, labeled as freckles.

Echo is generally seen as a petite woman, with small hands and smaller wrists. Everything about her is small, and she does whatever she can to play up to that – small, insignificant and something that should be protected. Her shoulders are straight, and so is her back – she has perfect posture! Generally seen wearing dark clothing, Echo is thought of to be sever and sorrowful just by looks alone.

Personality:Joy. Yes – Echo believes in joy, and happiness, and sticking close to those that she got out with. Her first six years of life where horrific – scarred her enough that she attempts not to sleep and that alone has helped create her wacky persona. Yes, Echo is not the sever girl who's quite- unless you don't know her. If you don't know her you're more likely to get a word out of a rock than her, but afterwords..

Well, Echo loves to listen, but she loves to talk and she could chatter on for hours. Her favorite Subject? Michael Nix. Yes. She is just in love with the other survivor of a horrid thing. So. Chattery, cute- sometimes wacky (okay, more than sometimes) and perverted.

Just your typical girl, right?

Bio: DoIhavetoo?
Anything of Note: In l-o-v-e with Michael, not that she'd tell him. Or that she's the only one.

Will be editing/adding my second character when I get the change. I'll be gone over the weekend, though, and won't have the chance to till monday, sowwys.
Last edited by Saken on Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Saken
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Party Starter Friendly Beginnings Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pride on Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:12 am

Alvaron wrote:Pride, Subjects are limited from E-C initially and all others from E-A. Please be aware the EPC and most companies do not hire anyone below C and most mercenary companies are reluctant to hire people below B.

Myve, I believe yours won't be accepted due to our current limitation to only A

Pride
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nyxeth on Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:13 am

Myviewing , profile rejected for now. Please review my expressed limits on power restrictions and the main bulk of the initial post please.

Nyxeth
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pride on Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:32 am

Alvaron when will this officially be started? I am very eager to start this rp.

Pride
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nyxeth on Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:41 am

Probably after the weekend, I have some assessments to write for University due in tuesday/wednesday.

Nyxeth
Member for 16 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!