Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Azure: The Chronicles of the Kraken [OOC/Bios]

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Azure: The Chronicles of the Kraken [OOC/Bios]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Myth on Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:50 am

Welcome to Azure

Azure is a water world, a planet full of life giving H₂O, with few land masses. It was created by the Gods, and it's ruling deity is Fafner, a large sea-dragon that slumbers in the deep. Or used to slumber...

The Story So Far...

Chaos, a crawling black sky-dragon, has awakened from his prison in the clouds. This anti-deity is evil incarnate, and wishes ill upon Fafner and his creations. He has unleashed a oily black miasma upon the sea and land, mutating Fafner's children, and putting them into his command. These blackened creatures wage war with those of Fafner's children who dare to stand and fight Chaos' ill-making. Fafner is now awakened from his slumber, his dreams of Chaos' wickedness and his children's suffering more than he can ignore. And another challenger from the deep awakens as well. The Kraken is on the prowl once more, making all sea-goers tremble in fear. The fight is on, to see who will reign over Azure...

Races:

Humans
The humans are resourceful and intelligent beings. They live off the sea mostly, and anything from the land is a rare and coveted gift. There are humans inhabiting land masses, but as land masses are few, they've taken to life on the sea. They've built large ships, and live in them comfortably. Of humans, they're split into two groups:

Pirates: Sea loving humans with a passion for adventure at sea.
Adventurers: Humans that like to explore the small land masses.
Whalers: Much like pirates, whalers are adventurous sea faring folk. They mostly live aboard smaller, faster ships used to hunt down pods of whales, porpoises, dolphins or seals. They make oil from blubber and salt the meat for use in trade.

Merfolk
The merfolk are humanoid looking creatures, with a quick wit that matches their lithe movements. Their appearence and temperment varies, depending upon the individual and the type of merfolk in question. They can have a lower half of a sea creature, or they can have a human body with webbed feet and hands, with even dorsal fins or a tail. Their appearence is colourful and no two are alike. Of merfolks, there are the following:

Koi
Sea Horse
Piranha
Shark
Mantarae
Catfish
Clownfish
Silverside
Flyingfish
Rainbow Trout
Cornetfish

Mammalians
These creatures are humanoid animals, that walk on their hind legs and talk. They are quick on their feet, and often possess a keen intelligence. They like to live on both water and land. If a animal exists, then you can be assured that you can find a mammalian of it.

Kraken
Large squid like creature feared by all. None that have tried to destroy it live to tell the tale.

Dragons
These creatures are few and far between. They live for thousands of years, and are usually thought of as deities.

Characters:
In regards to characters: humans, merfolk and mammalians are playable characters, the Kraken and Dragons are not.
If you wish to have a human that does not fall into the categories of pirate or adventurer, or if you wish to have a merfolk that is a sea creature type other than those listed above, or even if you wish to introduce a different race, please PM me and we'll see if we can't figure something out.
Also, don't take the appearance I've described for merfolk as the standard. Be as creative with it as you like. :3

Bios:
Your character bio should be as follows:

Name:
Race:
Appearance:
Weapons:
History:

For appearence, if you wish to use a picture to show us, that is fine.
For weapons, almost anything goes, just be creative, and use a weapon suited for the surroundings please.
For history, i just want a brief look at the characters life. Not much is needed.

Rules:

The rules of RPGateway apply here. Just to brush up on them, here are a few highlights:
1. No godmodding
2. No vulgar language. I don't mind a bit of swearing every now and again, but nothing excessively vulgar nor 'swearing for the sake of swearing'.
3. No cybering, or lewd acts. Keep it PG13 please.
4. No OOC in the IC thread!!!

Rules concerning Posting

A. Post often. I know people have a life. I have one too, so i don't expect people to always post. But please, post at least 1-2 times a week. If something like a conversation or some fight is happening that involves your character, please try to check often and post when needed.
B. If you are leaving for a short period of time, won't be able to post, or are just plain leaving, please let me and the others know. Post it here, just say that you're leaving or won't be able to post. You don't need to explain here in the OOC, but I would like an explanation, so please PM me. Also, please post what happens to your character. Just don't have him/her drop off the face of the earth. Or Azure, in this case. <<;
C. Posts MUST be a min. of 3 paragraphs. A paragraph must have a min. of 5-7 sentences.

Character Roster

5 character min.
10 character max.

Those numbers may change. Depends.
All character bios posted here will be scrutinized, as well as the roleplayers. If i approve, you will be accepted. If you are accepted, i will post it here as well as notify you via PM.
It may seem harsh to scrutiny the roleplayer, but i don't want to have to wade through a 3-in-1 paragraph with run-on sentences and no grammer and/or punctuation. Txt tlk is NOT acceptable.

If you can deal with the conditions above, please post your characters here and await approval. :3
Last edited by Myth on Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Myth
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Lifegiver

Re: Azure: The Chronicles of the Kraken [OOC/Bios]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:36 am

Well well well, its my favorite Newfi Fox and she's got an interesting new roleplay. I'll toss my hat into the ring, it is pleases you. Just got a few questions, what level of Tech we got in this world? I mean do we have stuff like modern day warships or we going for more of a 1700's feel? Flintlocks, bolt action, assault rifles or laser guns?
Its easy to be brave behind a castle wall
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion
A king's son is no nobler then the food he eats

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Myth on Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:52 pm

Well... not quite new... took an old roleplay and revised it, lol. XD
As for tech... it's not sci-fi. It's more 1800's kinda... steampunk even...
Nothing too advanced. :3

Myth
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:58 pm

Name: Starbuck Roxbury

Race: human whaler

Appearance:a big man, standing about six feet tall, having a barrel like chest and large arms. Tribal tattoos covering his arms and face, gifts from the natives of the South Seas. They had placed on his arms as a symbol of his becoming part of their family and proving his worth as a warrior/hunter. Dresses in a plain white shirt, black trousers, leather shoes and a green coat. His Blond hair is around shoulder length and pulled into a ponytail.

Weapons: revolver, lance and harpoon gun

History: Like his father before him, Starbuck was born aboard the whaler: Jerobaom. She mostly sailed in the warmer southern waters, following pods of whales. He was trained (and grained his tattoos from) in the art of hunting whales by a wildish man, whom taught him much about the balance of nature and how to respect the beasts he slew. Upon his father's death, he gained the captaincy of Jerobaom.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Myth on Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:51 pm

Approved!!
Welcome aboard, Irish. XD

Myth
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Heinrich Black on Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:37 pm

I'd like to join. Would it be alright, Irish Wolf and Myth, if I had a character that played off of Irish Wolf's? I could be a crewmember, though it might also be interesting to play as a relative. I was thinking, younger brother, cousin, etc.

Tell me what you both think.
-Heinrich Black,
roleplayer, pen name, paint program doodler.

Heinrich Black
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ThexTwistedxOne on Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:42 pm

MYTHYYY O: <33 i ish gonnna joiiin :D I haven't rped in soooo long xD I'll uh... post up my character sheet later <.< I might think of a new character for this one C:
~Its just another beautiful day... in a Twisted Paradise

I have been astonished that Men could die Martyrs for religion
I have shudder'd at it - I shudder no more
I could be martyr'd for my Religion
Love is my religion
I could die for that
I could die for you.
My Creed is Love and you are its only tenet.

ThexTwistedxOne
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:52 pm

I have no objections Heinrich.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Myth on Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:04 pm

Yayyyyy Twisted! <3
And Heinrich, seems alright to me, seeing as Irish has no problem with it.
:3

Myth
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kitsunes shadow on Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:33 pm

Save me a spot, probably be mammilian, though i won't be able to make it untill tommrow
If you do something stupid and it fails, you are pathetic.
If yo do something stupid and it works, you are heroic

kitsunes shadow
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Heinrich Black on Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:37 pm

Alright, tell me if this character is O.K., Irish Wolf.
And, Myst, I'm willing to change anything here to fit theme, plot, quality or anything else. Don't be afraid to say so.

Name: Gardner Roxbury
Race: Human Whaler
Appearance: Athletric build, lanky and standing just short of six feet. His light brown hair is cut short. On his left, he wears a plain gold earring, and a tribal tattoo on his forearm. He usually wears a short sleeve, white shirt (often half unbuttened), dark blue pants, and leather belt and boots.
Weapons: A revolver, and a sabre which is used without finnese, but plenty of strength.
History: Born and raised on the whaling ship Jerobaom. Gardner always knew his older brother, Starbuck Roxbury, would command the ship and family business when their father passed away, and he didn't mind the idea of being second-in-command. Always taking pride in his curiosity, Gardner found plenty to keep himself busy while his brother trained in the whaling trade; he spent plenty of time among south seas natives, and often found adventure. His most prized possession is a sabre he baught (overpriced) from a traveling merchant.

Heinrich Black
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:40 am

It looks good to me

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Butterfly Effect on Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:42 am

hope it's ok for me to have 2 chars cause these two go together

Name: Sevick Osthelm
Race: Human Pirate
Appearance:
Weapons: Twin scimitars and twin pistols
History: When Sevick was just a boy on his father's whaling he saw them kill a group of merfolk that tried to stop them. This haunted him and he grew to hate whalers and at the age of 17 he jumped ship. Over the next few years he worked on a Pirate ship till he got engouh to buy his own ship and crew.
At 23 he and his ship the Demon's Wake came upon a whaling crew about to kill a mermaid. Sevick sank this ship saving the mermaid. The mermaid joined his crew to "pay off the debt" as she said. Over the next few years a love formed and Sevick married the mermaid. They now sail the seas together.

Name: Ryaia Osthelm
Race: merfolk
Appearance:
Weapons: spear, water magic, summoning sea animals
History: Ryaia has always tried to protect the fish whom she sees as friends. When she heard of the whalers she tried to talk to them only to be attacked. it was then that the pirate Sevick came and saved her. She fell in love with Sevick almost right after he saved her. Over the years that love grew into marriage. She now stays on or near the Demon's wake. She has power to turn her tail into legs but her feet are webbed and skin is still blue in "human" form.
Last edited by Butterfly Effect on Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I pledge allegiance to Max and the power for which she stands"
-Chloe Price

Butterfly Effect
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Promethean World Builder Person of Interest Tipworthy Visual Appeal Group Theory Helmsman Arc Warden Storyteller Novelist Property Buyer Lifegiver Beta Tester Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kitsunes shadow on Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:43 pm

Name:Derk Quickfang
Race:Mammalians
Appearance:Image
Weapons:Bladed staff
History:Derk, though born into a tribe of stationary mammalians, had always felt a growing curiosity within himself of the lands beyond their hunting grounds, often asking his mother of tales from beyond. He soon departed from his tribe, wishing to find the knowledge he was sure is out there, moving from one city to the next. Though many scholars would say his curiosity was a good thing, it has more often than not gotten him into more trouble than he likes to recall, though he has been able to get away from most confrintations unscathed, he was branded by a slave trader on the back of his right shoulder as property, though the fur around it covers it pretty well, if one looks they can still see where the fur no longer grows.

BRAND
Last edited by kitsunes shadow on Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

kitsunes shadow
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Myth on Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:49 pm

Heinrich: Looks awesome! Approved!!

IcedFire: I'm sorry, but there are some issues with your characters. I don't approve.

Kitsunes Shadow: So far, so good. Hopefully you'll post a history? If you wish to leave it unknown, that fine too... Approved!!

Myth
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kitsunes shadow on Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:13 pm

okay I fleshed it out, unless there are no slave traders in Azure

kitsunes shadow
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Myth on Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:27 pm

That's fine, I'm sure there are slave traders floating around somewhere. XD
I should probably make something of that. Slavers, and their slave ships...
Another thing for merfolk and mammalians to watch out for.
Cause, ya know... Humans always have a bit of hostility towards things that aren't the norm.

[edit]

My characters:

Name: Eva
Race: Merfolk (Koi)
Appearance: Webbed hands and feet, a short tail that reaches her ankles with a long flowing fin at the end. Her skin is mottled with red-orange spots. Gold-green eyes, and red-orange chin length hair. She wears little clothes, only where it is needed most. She finds they tend to get in her way while swimming.
Weapons: A rusted scimitar she found at the bottom of the seas.
History: Eva is a merfolk of the koi family. She's lived in the water all her life, and has had little contact with humans. She likes to travel the ocean and explore the open sea. She's made many friends among the sea creatures. She knows many secrets of the ocean and has seen the Kraken but once. Even that is a amazing thing, as most who see it never live to tell the tale.

Name: Artuk
Race: Mammalian (otter)
Appearance: Image
Weapons: A pair of jewel encrusted daggers
History: Artuk is what is called a 'purifier'. He filters unwanted materials out of sea water, purifying it into freshwater. He then provides it to the inhabitants of the small land mass he lives on, for a fee. He's been purifying seawater since he was a young boy, learning the art from his father. He is often found in his little shack, purifying, or out in the sea swimming, and collecting seawater.
Last edited by Myth on Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Myth
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Butterfly Effect on Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:24 am

what issues?

Butterfly Effect
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Promethean World Builder Person of Interest Tipworthy Visual Appeal Group Theory Helmsman Arc Warden Storyteller Novelist Property Buyer Lifegiver Beta Tester Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:48 am

A Koi mermaid, I want one! She'd go well with my other Koi!

Sorry for spamming your thread with pics of my Koi pond.....I just love the little buggers, went so far as to hand dig a 1000 gallon pond so I could have some.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Myth on Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:41 am

OMG Irish!!!
They're adorable!
I just <3 koi. X3

And Iced Fire:
1 - not all merfolk hate whalers
2 - you can't just come in and say i'll play a princess of the merfolk... i haven't even said there is a kingdom!! this isn't the little mermaid dude :/
3 - on one of my old rps, you posted in the IC thread without my approval, which makes me iffy about letting you join any of my rps

so, in conclusion, i must say that i'm not gonna approve your character...
i don't care if you change it to fit the rp, i'm not approving you because i've had issues with you before
sorry, but that's the way it is

Myth
Member for 17 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!