Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Castellum Mortem OOC thread

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Castellum Mortem OOC thread

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby purple_artemis00 on Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:02 am

"You never wanted to die," said the old woman as she looked down at the small town from the cliff. The town was populated with decaying buildings and cobbled paths with weeds growing in between the stones. "But, this is what happens. We die and come here." the woman continued.

The town was surrounded by the forest of decay, dead trees all around and a cemetery, like ominous gates with death as guards, at the head of it all. No one found this town, at least, the living never found this town. Only those who are either dead or on their way to dying can find it. But once you find it, you never leave. Cry and scream all you want. The living don't care. To them, you don't exist anymore.

This land is ruled by a king of the damned and the dead. The king is never seen, but whispers of his horrors and atrocities fill the ears of all who make their end here. He controls the gates and the rest of the town.

The king on the occasion picks a few unlucky souls to come with him, back to his castle which they are never heard from or seen again. Many wonder what he does there, the smart ones just shrug it off and continue their afterlife. Stick around, maybe you'll be the one to get lucky and come back. But I doubt you’ll return
The rules of this land are simpleâ€Ļ

1. This is not a vampire RP, all characters here are either spirits, zombies, humans near death or reapers.

2.This can become gory. I suggest you don't join if you have a weak stomach.

3. The king is an NPC, do not use him to godmod!

4. Romance is okay, no e-humping.

5. Join by posting a completed skelly in the OOC thread HERE

6. Can't kill what's already dead. You can fight, But don't overdo it.

7. No more than two characters each.

8. This is a literate RP. Please pay heed to your spelling, punctuation, grammar and post length.

9. HAVE FUN!

Here's the RP... Castellum Mortem

I'm interested in your input about how to incorporate all aspects of this world. If you have a suggestion or an idea here's the place for it!

Appearance: Image
Character name: Mercy Durum
I am (spirit, near death, zombie, reaper): Near death
Personality: Mercy is quiet and stoic. Even though she will soon die, she rarely complains. She hates the whiny and the hypochondriacs that fill up the hospital. She rarely bonds with people, though she has many casual friends. Once Mercy is your true friend, she will defend you with everything she’s got.
Biography: Mercy discovered eight months ago that she has pancreatic cancer. Her fiancÊe left her when he found out, unable to deal with the news. Mercy’s parents are both gone, so she has no one.

Appearance:Image
Username: purple_artemis00
Character name: Matthias
I am (spirit, near death, zombie, reaper): Reaper
Personality: Matthias is a little twisted and cruel. Sometimes he likes hurting things and people. He is not quite as clear as he should be. His mind is muddled from spending years as a demon’s pet.
Biography: Matthias doesn’t remember much about his past. He knows that he worked for a demon for a long time. He knows that he isn’t allowed to bring the living back to the town, but does anyway.
Last edited by purple_artemis00 on Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

purple_artemis00
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: Castellum Mortem OOC thread

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shadowdragonfox on Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:53 am

So about the Rp what do you did , I mean is it just like a townlife thing or what?
And what time is it set olden days or modern?
Chicka chicka girls ready to ride~
my da http://shadowdragonfox.deviantart.com/

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Shadowdragonfox
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chou. on Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:55 am

Appearance:
A short girl standing at 5'1", she is fair-skinned and petite. She has round-shaped face with rose-pink lips and bloody red pair of eyes. She has long lightly wavy dark green hair that is tied into two long ponytails, with a hairband decorated with real red roses that has thorns to protect her. The thorns also crawls near the top of her hair. She has fringe that covers her forehead completely, in which is pretty long and if she bows down the fringe could cover the top of her eyes as it by default covers her eyebrows.

She wears a purple (gothic lolita) Victorian dress, in which has neatly laced straps and also well-designed ruffled long sleeves that falls to the top of her knuckles. On her chest is a dark purple bow, with laces. On her abdomen, an armor is placed, either it is to shape her body or is it to protect her - it is unknown for a reason she loves gothic lolita Victorian dresses, it could most probably to shape her body. On one side of the armor on her abdomen, it was chained long pieces of skirt, with patterns of flowers on them, with lighter purple - more to lavender.

Below the pieces of skirt were a more steady skirt, with ruffled-lace on the opposite side of the pieces, some red roses crawling around there, to the bottom of the skirt, always enclosing the laces. Below this layer of skirt was another more to red purple colored skirt to cover the higher part of her legs. Below this she wears laced socks and a platform purple shoes with straps that are fastened on her lower shins, just above her ankles.

On her right hand, she usually carries a scythe, that is a few inches taller than her; with roses crawling near the base of the scythe - ruling and controlling the scythe in it's mysterious ways...

Need help with imagining? Click here for a picture.

Username: chou. <-- that is, if you meant us, the players' name. But if you want our characters to have a username, it's LuKa.

Character name: Kasumi Luka

I am: A Reaper

Personality: Completely emotionless, she has an aura of fierce hate for the world. She only talks when she has to - usually in only one simple word or a simple baby sentence - completely shielding her from any feelings for others. Luka is very insensitive to others - on the outside - but she does have a soft side when she has to show it - she could barely care less if something was to happen to her. She may seem emotionless but she does show emotions in the more to lingering way, less showing and more for people to actually think deeply of.

She is mostly alone, talking to the roses or her scythe in which she calls as Shinju, repelling herself from others were the things she would love to be. She hates publicity a lot yet she never complains if anyone ever talks to her - she is very patient. Barely to be seen moody, she only has the aura of fierce hate; everyone thought she was a person to always hate others and never forgive. Luka always bring herself to forgive yet she never mentions it and always hides her feelings to herself. The best thing she could to show someone she loves was to actually sacrifice herself and also to give hints. She was never really a straight-forward person.

Biography:
She was born a human, a human who was made of a pre-marital sex. She lived with her mother and had always helped her mother and never complained. Luka forgave whoever her father was, no matter how much her mother cried every night; Luka was always there to be with her mother and protect her mother with all she had for all her life she wanted to protect her mother and that was all - all that mattered was her mother, her mother and only her mother. She was never sent to school until the age of twelve, where everyone never became her friend.

Luka never complained, she had always been there, trying her hardest to improve her and her mother's life; when she was then promoted a job at the age of 16, as a singer for her teachers at school had always been admiring her voice and decided she needed a better life. Luka became successful, still repelling herself from everyone - she released a beautiful debut album of the genre ranging from pop rock to ballad. She had written most of the songs herself - and the album was titled as "The Rose that Never Bloomed".

At 18, students from her school became to hate her for she was never their friend. They thought Luka was a person who wanted attention - so they bullied her everyday. Luka never complained no matter how much she bled through her nose and mouth - she only brought herself to forgive them sincerely and quietly. She had always went home late, bringing her mother to complete sorrow and blamed herself for being so stupid. Luka could not bother to see her mother like that, so she bought a bouquet of roses home, when she saw was her mother lying on the floor, lifeless with blood on her chest. Luka noticed that it was a suicide, a note written in her mother's hand, "Thank you... I love you, Luka." Luka continued with her normal routine and in one of those days - she died because of a knife strike through her heart from a bully...

Finally, a literate RP. :3

chou.
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby purple_artemis00 on Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:39 am

Glad to have you! I was going to wait for a few more players if that's fine with you?

The story will follow the group of spirits, reapers etc who are here and how they interact. After everyone is properly established I will bring the NPC in to change the direction of the story, add some conflict, etc.

I imagine it set in a relatively modern time, but in a fantasy world.

purple_artemis00
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chou. on Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:14 am

Sounds too interesting to leave. XD

I find this very interesting and epic - hope it'll turn out good and won't die.

chou.
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby purple_artemis00 on Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:33 am

Me too. Must advertise!!

purple_artemis00
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chou. on Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:38 am

Oh lawl. Let's advertise! You have dollars to pay? XD

Well, I'd been desperate for a literate RP.

chou.
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby purple_artemis00 on Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:44 am

I know I'm posting in this semi-lit one that has degraded to one sentence posts with massive misspellings, AAAAAHHH!

purple_artemis00
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chou. on Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:08 am

Aww, that sucks. D:

My posts are, well, at least made of two five or four-lines paragraph. XD

chou.
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Daemon_of_Cybele on Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:58 am

Appearance :

Username:

Dae (Daemon_of_Cybele)

Character name:

Naenia Caterpillar

I am (spirit, near death, zombie, reaper):

Spirit

She died at the age of seventeen a long time ago.

female

Personality:

Cryptic and mysterious, you could assume its because she's been dead waaayyy too long, but not really. She equates herself with the Caterpillar character from Alice in Wonderland- the actual, original book. Not as anti-social as her odd way of talking would indicate, she has a large number of friends. Beneath the cryptic sayings and mysterious ways, she's actually quite the optimistic idealist, even in Death. She smokes a pipe (pretty sure that's what that is- if you know the technical term, feel free to share).

Biography:

Not much is known about her life- she doesn't talk about it, but the rumor was that she was a pythia at Delphi- one of the oracles, who died prematurely, for mysterious reasons.
we're gonna revel in hating what's going on.

Daemon_of_Cybele
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby purple_artemis00 on Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:31 pm

Great, would you guys like to go ahead and get started? If others come, they can just add themselves in after approval.

purple_artemis00
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chou. on Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:13 pm

Where should we start? XD

chou.
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby purple_artemis00 on Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:27 pm

I was going to get started with Matthias bringing Mercy to the town. You could do an everyday slice of life thing or be reaping a soul.

purple_artemis00
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chou. on Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:39 pm

Uh, I mean, which thread should we go to?

chou.
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby purple_artemis00 on Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:42 pm

Oh, sorry! Durh!

Castellum Mortem

Sometimes I'm too conceptual for my own good.

purple_artemis00
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chou. on Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:48 pm

You know, my sister is getting really irritated by me. XD I ain't sleeping at all and she was asking me when will I sleep. I can have good internet access in her room - so, yeah...

chou.
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby purple_artemis00 on Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:34 am

I have a roomie that's the same way!

purple_artemis00
Member for 15 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!