Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Dynasty Warriors (Five)

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Dynasty Warriors (Five)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Forensic_Anthro on Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:26 pm

Odds are you already know what Dynasty Warriors is all about. But, for the sake of those who haven't been following along over the last few years, here's all you need to know. The setting is ancient China, the playable characters are a veritable ensemble cast of legendary Chinese warriors (dressed up in fancy-pants, anime-inspired costumes), and the gameplay pretty much consists of you cutting your way through hundreds upon hundreds of enemies. There are 48 playable characters in the game.
You've got one main weapon and you run at hordes and hordes of bad guys, and you still stab them repeatedly and then move on to the next section.

The basic plot idea is that your one of the (forty-eight) warriors killing the bad guys. You're either on [b]Wu
, Shu, Wei, or Other's side. Other being that you are a rogue, basically.
We will not have bodyguards or little armies that basically do nothing. We will just be heroes in an army of soldiers.

Here are the (playable) characters.

Zhu Rong: Open
Meng Huo: Open
Zhang Jiao: Open
Lu Bu: Played by Azure Limit
Diao Chan: Open
Yuan Shao: Open
Dong Zhuo: Open
Sun Jian: Open
Huang Gai: Open
Lu Meng: Open
Zhuo Tai: Open
Zhou Yu: Played by Kenichi
Xiao Qiao: Played by Forensic_Anthro
Da Qiao: Played by Armageddon
Sun Ce: Played by Kenichi
Gan Ning: Played by Kenichi
Liu Bei: Open
Pang Tong: Open
Jiang Wei: Open
Zhuge Liang: Open
Yue Ying: Open
Wei Yan: Open
Guan Ping: Open
Zhang He: Open
Xu Huang: Open
Cao Cao: Open
Sima Yi: Open
Cao Ren: Open
Pang De: Open
Xiahou Yuan: Open
Zuo Ci: Open

Here is the harness selections for you to start the battle riding. You may only choose one:

Elephant Harness: You start off riding an elephant. It is large and slow and can't go through some gates.

Hex Mark Harness: Dark gray horse that allows you to find better items. It is not as fast as Storm Runner or Red Hare. It's name is Hex Mark.

Red Hare Harness: Red horse, fastest speed. It's name is Red Hare.

Storm Harness: Bay (brown) horse, fast speed. It is not as fast as Red Hare, but is faster than Hex Mark. It's name is Storm Runner.

Shadow Harness: Black horse, medium speed. You cannot be knocked off your horse or any animal that you ride. It's name is Shadow Runner.

Here is the orb selection for you to use for your attacks. You may only choose one:

Fire Orb: Adds fire damage to your attacks

Ice Orb: Adds ice damage to your attacks

Light Orb: Attacks are unaffected by the enemy's guard.

Shadow Orb: Uses musou gauge. Enemies may be killed in a single attack. (In this Role Play that only counts on NPC peons.)

You have four item slots. You may pick four of these items to fill those slots.

Arm Guards: No damage taken during charge attacks.

Art of War: Ability-boosting items last longer.

Demon Band: Musou Rage lasts longer.

Fire Arrows: Your arrows become fire arrows.

Green Scroll: Attack increases and defense decreases.

Musou Armor: No longer stunned by bow attacks.

Serpent Earrings: Permanent Attack +2 for every hundred kills.

Survival Guide: Attack x2 after being knocked down in red health.

Tiger Collar: Begin stage with a tiger bodyguard.

Tribal Remedy: Health Recovery every hundred kills.

Way of Musou: Always use True Musou.

Wind Scroll: Attack range increases.

Code: Select all
[b][size=85][i][center]
Name

Side

Sex

Appearance

Weapon

Items
1:
2:
3:
4:

Orb

Harness

Theme song[/center][/i][/b][/size]

Name
Xiao Qiao

Side
Wu

Sex
Female

Appearance

ImageImage
Weapon
Two blue fans featured in her images.

Items
1: Wind Scroll
2: Musou Armor
3: Art of War
4: Fire arrows

Orb
Fire orb

Harness
Red Hare

Theme song
I Just Can't Wait to be King

Our battle will take place at Si Shui Gate. Lu Bu has been ordered to guard the gate from the other two territories, whom have teamed up against Dong Zhuo. As always, it is snowing.

The Rules

- No flaming.
- Be mature. There will definitely be blood and gore in this. I don't want any little kids freaking out.
- Posts must be at least 5 sentences long, unless there are special circumstances.
- Members must post once per day unless they give a legitimate reason beforehand. (You can post at night, in the early A.M.s of the day, whatever, I just want a post a day.)
- Please try to use proper grammar.
- Follow general RPG rules.
- Do not god-mod or power play.
- Be courteous to others, use common sense, and have fun!
- Don't cuss more than a drunken sailor with anger management issues.
- Please nothing in the sexual sort of department that makes us all go, “Ah! My eyes, they burn!” or "Wow, too much information." Not only is it against RPG's rules, we just don't want to hear about it.
- No whining.
- Don’t be a baby about things, if someone is getting on your nerves, then try to talk to them about it in PM, we don’t need any issues here.
- My twin, Armageddon is also in charge of this role play.
- If we reject your character, don’t complain. It just looks kind of pathetic.
- No one liners. I’m serious. We have internet attack creatures that will come and eat your computer after Achmed comes through and blows it up.
Last edited by Forensic_Anthro on Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.
noot noot

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Forensic_Anthro
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Re: Dynasty Warriors (Five)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Armageddon on Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:06 pm

Yeah! Thanks, Twin!

Name: Da Qiao

Side: Wu

Sex: Female.

Appearance: ImageImageImage

Weapon: Two large red fans.

Items
1: Muso Armor
2: Art of War
3: Fire arrows
4: Wind scroll

Orb: Fire

Harness: Red Hare

Theme song: Fully Alive by Flyleaf

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Armageddon
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Forensic_Anthro on Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:30 pm

Accepted, twin! Don't you love how I made a surprise for you and reserved the slot of my character's older sister? Kind of funny, because she's so much like you...
Now we just need, what, forty-six more people for a full core?
Really, we only need Sun Quan, Lu Bu, and Dong Zhou (plus Sun Ce and Zhou Yu, 'cause we all know they're awesome).
Ah well... We're bound to get people.

Forensic_Anthro
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Azure Limit on Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:47 pm

hey can I reserve Lu Bu?
"To protect the world from Japanamation, To overthrough the Kaiba corporation,
To denounce the meaning of the original dub, to extend our reach to the world above,
Team Fourkids blast of at the speed of light, surrender now or prepare to fight,
Meowth that's right..."

-Team Fourkids Motto

Azure Limit
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Forensic_Anthro on Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:55 pm

Consider him reserved.

Forensic_Anthro
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Azure Limit on Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:15 pm

Name: Lu Bu
Side: Other
Sex: Male
Appearence: Image

Weapon: Halberd

Items:
1.Green Scroll
2.Wind Scroll
3.Survival Guide
4.Way of Musou

Harness:
Red Hare

Theme Song: Indestructable-Disturbed

Azure Limit
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Forensic_Anthro on Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:37 pm

You are accepted, Azure.

Forensic_Anthro
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Armageddon on Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:42 am

Danke for accepting me, twin. =)

Armageddon
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kenichi on Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:45 pm

Edit: Sorry, forgot to reserve.

May I reserve Sun Ce, and if possible, Zhou Yu or Gan Ning as well. (Please add Zhou Yu to list, can't roleplay Sun Ce without him)

Kenichi
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Forensic_Anthro on Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:00 pm

I will reserve all three for you. It's awesome that someone want's to play Gan Ning as well as my Twin and I's character's husbands, ha ha.

Forensic_Anthro
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kenichi on Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:51 am

Name
Sun Ce

Side
Wu

Sex
Male

Appearance

Weapon
Overlord

Items
1: Musou Armor
2: Way of Musou
3: Wind Scroll
4: Tiger Collar

Orb
Fire

Harness
Red Hare

Theme song
Waking the Demon - Bullet for my Valentine
http://www.playlist.com/playlist/additem/564146193

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name
Zhou Yu

Side
Wu

Sex
Male

Appearance

Weapon
Ancients Sword

Items
2: Tiger Collar
3: Way of Musou
4: Demon Band

Orb
Light

Harness
Shadow

Theme song
Animal I Have Become - Three Days Grace
http://www.playlist.com/searchbeta/results/482739217

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name
Gan Ning

Side
Wu

Sex
Male

Appearance

Weapon
Sea Master

Items
2: Wind Scroll
3: Serpent Earrings
4: Arm Guards

Orb
Shadow

Harness
Red Hare

Theme song
Becoming the Bull - Atreyu
http://www.playlist.com/searchbeta/results/476325649

Kenichi
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Armageddon on Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:49 pm

Aaatttrrreeeyyyyuuuuuu! It's great to see some fellow Atreyu fans... Or at least I'm guessing/hoping you are a fan.

Armageddon
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Forensic_Anthro on Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:52 pm

You are accepted. =-D

Forensic_Anthro
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kenichi on Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:00 pm

Of course I'm a fan, rock ftw. But my favorite is Avenged Sevenfold. I just couldn't find the right songs for each character by A7X.

Kenichi
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fatalfrost on Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:48 pm

I noticed you don't have Cao Pi on the list of characters. He is in the fifth game so can I use him?
Yugioh World Championship 2011:Over the Nexus Friend Code

5144-5273-5585

Fatalfrost
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Forensic_Anthro on Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:33 pm

Yes, you can use him. Sorry, some of the characters I must not have noticed weren't on the list...

Forensic_Anthro
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fatalfrost on Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:18 pm

I changed my mind about Cao Pi and decided to sue Taishi Ci instead. He also isn't on the list but he has been in ever Dynasty Warriors game so I assume it is ok.

Name
Taishi Ci

Side
Wu

Sex
Male

Appearance

Weapon
Tiger Slayer

Items
1: Tiger Collar
2: Serpent Earrings
3:Musou Armor
4:tribal remedy

Orb
Light Orb

Harness
Red Hare Harness

Theme song
Shaolin- Anarchy Club http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuVkJF11XHY

BTW if you have never heard that song, take a listen it is awesome and fits very well with this RP

Fatalfrost
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kenichi on Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:53 pm

Alright, Wu rocks, but I think we need to balance it out a bit. We need to at least get the 5 mains of each force, then continue from there. I would help out with that, but 3 is enough for a person, and I like those characters too much to give them up.

Also, we start when theres enough people right? Oh, and here's all of the characters:

Shu
Guan Ping
Guan Yu
Huang Zhong
Jiang Wei
Liu Bei
Ma Chao
Pang Tong
Wei Yan
Xing Cai
Yue Ying
Zhag Fei
Zhao Yun
Zhuge Liang

Wei
Cao Cao
Cao Pi
Cao Ren
Dian Wei
Pang De
Sima Yi
Xiahou Dun
Xiahou Yuan
Xu Huang
Xu Zhu
Zhang He
Zhang Liao
Zhen Ji

Wu
Da Qiao
Gan Ning
Huang Gai
Ling Tong
Lü Meng
Lu Xun
Sun Ce
Sun Jian
Sun Quan
Sun Shang Xiang
Taishi Ci
Xiao Qiao
Zhou Tai
Zhou Yu

Other
Diao Chan
Dong Zhuo
Lü Bu
Meng Huo
Yuan Shao
Zhang Jiao
Zhu Rong
Zuo Ci
Last edited by Kenichi on Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kenichi
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jaybt9 on Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:47 pm

Well, I was planning on creating a character (Lu Ling Qi), but....

Name
Zhu Rong

Side
Other (Nanman)

Sex
Female

I believe she was in her late 20s or early 30s

Appearance

Weapon
Boomerang (Inferno)

Items
1: Wind Scroll
2: Fire Arrows
3: Tiger Collar
4: Musou Armor

Orb:
Fire Orb

Harness:
Elephant Harness

Theme Song
Fela Kuti "Water No Get Enemy" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdV1V4vPPLI)

Jaybt9
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Forensic_Anthro on Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:36 pm

You're both accepted. =-D

Forensic_Anthro
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!