Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Final Fantasy VII: Shadows of Night (OOC/Recruiting)

a topic in Roleplayers Wanted, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Looking For Players [LFP]? Have a part to be played? Post a thread here!

Final Fantasy VII: Shadows of Night (OOC/Recruiting)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BloodWineVampiress93 on Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:45 am

This is a Final Fantasy VII based rp...obviously. It takes place around the same time as the original game. It deals mainly with an anti-Shin-Ra group called SHADOW that has been operating behind the scenes for decades, ever since the start of the Jenova Project, but its efforts have gone unnoticed. With the rise of AVALANCHE it begins to be noticed by those inside Shin-Ra, though they try to keep it under wraps. Most still account all of the things happening to AVALANCHE. This is the tale of the ill-fated group whose endeavors were never fully realized.

We need members of SHADOW and people inside Shin-Ra, also members of AVALANCHE may be added. Already existing characters may be used.

Here's the character template (profile need not be given for already existing characters):

Name(Full):
Job:
Personality:
History:
Appearance:
"Laugh all you want, you won't laugh me out of my opinion." Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

BloodWineVampiress93
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Final Fantasy VII: Shadows of Night (OOC/Recruiting)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby urowen on Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:34 am

Name: Aiden Leigh
Weapon: Bow
Job: Matiera Bounty Hunter
Personality: Arrogant, sarcastic, pig headed. Loyal to the letter
History: Never had much of a home, he left his parents in Midgar in search for strength to pull them from the slums. On his travels he found some people that would pay him nice amount of money for certain Matieria, so he started searching. In his travels he has acquired a vast collection which he uses mainly to increse the effectiveness of his seemingly barbaric weapon. He came across SHADOW by accident on a hunt, and has returned to them whenever their needs for matieria needed filling.

Appearance:

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

urowen
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Name: Vinera Krayne (Called Vin)
Weapon: She switches between a katana and a sturdy gun
Job: Self-proclaimed Head of SHADOW
Personality: She has a lot of energy and spirit, she is a little sadistic at times. She absolutely hates Shin-Ra and blames them for everything.
History: She seemed to have come into existance thirty years before, looking exactly the same as she does at the time that she does in the present. She has spent the entirety of that existance fighting Shin-Ra at the head of SHADOW. She seems to have some mysterious ties to the Turks but it is uncertain who she knows there, and if they are even still alive. Rumors abound about what happened to her before she appeared out of nowhere, ranging from a story that she is actually one of the expirements of the Jenova Project, to that she worked for Shin-Ra at one time, to that she is some sort of creature from another world. No one has the slightest clue as to the truth besides Vin herself.
Appearance: Image The picture isn't working so here's the link http://media.photobucket.com/image/anim ... 8.jpg?o=18

BloodWineVampiress93
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby urowen on Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:23 pm

How many are you waiting for, and is it going to follow the story-ish of VII? I was thinking something around the game Lord of teh Rings The third Age which takes different character always a few steps behind the actual fellowship.

Also just a funny thought, based on out pictures, our characters could almost be related lol.

urowen
Member for 15 years

Yeah, it should follow pretty much the story line of the actual game, with a couple of changes if needed.

And about the pictures, I did not intend for that at all, lol.

BloodWineVampiress93
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby urowen on Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:35 pm

Yeah I just thought it was funny. So will it start before or after the fall of the plate? I was thinking my parents would be living there and when it falls 'poof' I become orphaned.

urowen
Member for 15 years

Before, I think would be best. But I think we need more people before we start it, I'd like to have at least one member of Shin-Ra first, and a couple more characters in SHADOW.

*Edit*

Alright...I'm going to make another character, someone from Shin-Ra.

Name: Audrey (His first name isn't really known, or ever used.)
Weapon: Gun
Job: Turk
Personality: He's almost like the klutz of the Turks, everything seems to go wrong for him, but even for this, he's really quite laid back and worries about only a few things that shouldn't even be worth him worrying about. He is amazing in battle, it is like he's another person, he is no longer like a klutz and he's probably one of the more accomplished Turks in that area, though not the most.
History: Audrey comes from a small village, that isn't known, he doesn't talk about his past a lot and all that anyone can get out of him is that he has a little sister and a mother back home, but his father died a long time ago.
Appearance: Image (The image thing doesn't seem to like me... this is the link: http://media.photobucket.com/image/anim ... y.jpg?o=83

BloodWineVampiress93
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StandardFiend on Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:53 pm

If you would like to avoid playing two characters, I could sign up as a Turk (or, in classic in-game speech, as a Turks). Turks are my favorite. There could also be the possibility of my switching sides at some point, perhaps becoming SHADOW's "inside man."

O heart, lament not, for this world is only metaphorical.
O soul, grieve not, for this abode is only transient.

StandardFiend
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Contributor Streamwatcher Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BoyKagome on Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:26 pm

I'll take up Reno Sinclair... this would be back when he could actually kick Clouds blond spikey butt.

BoyKagome
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

StandardFiend, go ahead, you can be a Turk.

And BoyKagome you're accepted.

BloodWineVampiress93
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Afterman on Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:41 pm

Name: Derk Austro Vega
Weapon: Image
Job: works for SHADOW
Personality: Smart ass and funny. Always dedicated to work, and gets the job done no matter the cost.
History: Derk grew up in Midgar. As a child, he would often play in the outskirts with his friends. As he got older, he found an interest in the military. Though Shinra did have it's own SOLDIER group, he wasn't particularly interested in that. He actually despises Shinra because of it's evil way. So, he joined up with SHADOW to take the Shinra Corporation out.
Appearance: Image
Last edited by The Afterman on Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"But are you gonna kill her off?"
"It's not your decision. I love the character, she stays!"
"Yeah, well the only thing love's done is put you in this position; I say kill her off!"
"Yeah, but you say a lot of things -and how's that work? You're a bicycle."

The Afterman
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StandardFiend on Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:17 pm

That's a, uh... picture of Reno. Somebody is actually playing as Reno in this RP...

StandardFiend
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Contributor Streamwatcher Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Orrin55 on Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:36 pm

Name(Full): Orrin Yukito
Weapon: Scimitar and Longknife
Job: Wanderer/Mercenary
Personality: Quiet and reserved, Orrin has a tendency to never fight unless it's for a job, or to defend his beliefs, most of which concerns protecting the weak. He not afraid to speak his mind and often butts heads with the higher ups as well as the policing force. He tends to grin in the most grim situations and has a habit of closing his left eye when in bright lights
History: Born and raised in Midgar, Orrin often found himself working, even as a child to support his poor family. Both his parents were chefs but had trouble dealing with the gangs when they refused to pay protection money. As the years grew by Orrin eventually moved on to darkfighting, often placing bets on himself in street fights, he won often and lost rarely. His parents both suffered major trauma when one man, embarassed to be beaten by a kid, burned down their house and injected them both with a drug that caused them to mentally blank out and lapse into a coma. Orrin took up Merc's work after this and eventually moved on to wander, Paying for his parents medical bills and the living expenses of his two younger siblings. Both of which blame him for their parents condition.
Appearance:

Orrin55
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Orrin55 you're accepted.

SoulEater13, I have to agree with StandardFiend, please change your picture and you'll be accepted.

StandardFiend, I have yet to see the profile for your character.

BloodWineVampiress93
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StandardFiend on Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:31 pm

Well, it seems like there's no shortage of characters, so I'm just gonna coast for now. You've got some Turks, you've got some SHADOWs, so there's no pressing need for my attendance. Since I have many other RPs already, I'll just see where this goes and perhaps join at a later date.

StandardFiend
Member for 15 years

Thank you, SoulEater13, you are now accepted.

Here's the link to the IC

final-fantasy-vii-shadows-night-t26249.html

BloodWineVampiress93
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soki on Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:18 pm

mind if i join in on this one I can get a character sheet up sometime later tonight ^^

"Suggest that we escape by putting fish in our mouths so we can breath while under water AGAIN I will Ninja punch you so hardcore it will knock you out and when you wake up? the force of it will knock you out a second time before you wake up!"

RM:"Please promise to kill me with your pants on" BM:"I PROMISE NOTHING!"

"IN THE NAME OF MEANINGLESS BATTLE!" *Attacks*

Soki
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Greeter Streamwatcher Person of Interest Lifegiver Concierge

Alright, go ahead.

BloodWineVampiress93
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soki on Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:02 am

Name(Full):Lucas Takitsu Leingod (Goes by Soki, Though in his past life he was Zack though he has no memory of this)
Age:19 (Real age unknown thanks to Shin-ra's resurrection of him)
Weapon:Giant Masamune (A Katana the size of Cloud's Buster sword) and a broadsword.
Job:Mercenary
Personality:Calm cool and collected well trainned in swordsmanship and capable of leadership when needed, other then that he's usually the joker and comic relief guy when needed.
History: He was raised in a calm quiet town, Though his entire life he had been raised in Midgar as he was quite agile and enlisted into SOLDIER though he never made it quite as high as alot of other well known SOLDIERS he was still one of the priced Fighters. Soon though he disappeared from the history of SOLDIER and everything about it beginning his career as a Merc
Appearance:Image

(I know that looks like Zack but bear with me Soki isn't Zack o.o or if it'll be ok with you it'll be like Shin-Ra brought Zack back but gave him a new personality and few new differences to his appearence XD)
Last edited by Soki on Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Soki
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Greeter Streamwatcher Person of Interest Lifegiver Concierge

I am intrigued by your second idea, Soki, if you think you can make it work, go ahead.

BloodWineVampiress93
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!