Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Final Fantasy VII: Shadows of Night (IC)

a topic in Video Games, a part of the RPG forum.

For any roleplay based on video games.

Final Fantasy VII: Shadows of Night (IC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BloodWineVampiress93 on Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:59 pm

OOC: final-fantasy-vii-shadows-night-ooc-recruiting-t24044.html

Swoosh. Vin's blade cut the air crisply. She spun around quickly, and then stopped. Breathing hard, she brushed a stray strand of her hair from her eyes and then straightened. She'd been practicing hard lately and running herself ragged, but she fought hard not to show it in front of everyone else in SHADOW.

Her eyes seemed to fade from a golden yellow to a reddish brown, but it night have been the light. She picked up a water bottle and promptly drank half of it.

Appearing in her mid-twenties, the stress of the past couple of weeks was showing, she looked gaunt and tired. No, it had been more than a few weeks since she had begun pushing herself, it had been a long time, but few would know when to place the date and Vin herself would deny it.

Throwing on a sweatshirt over her tee shirt, she walked out of the training room, which waited vacantly for the new recruits who were in desperate need of training, but that wasn't Vin's job, not anymore, she'd given it up, replacing it with more missions that brought her out into the rest of the city. She had begun to feel cooped up in SHADOW's underground base.

She walked toward her quarters, to find more suitable clothing and then go face the rest of the rebel group.
"Laugh all you want, you won't laugh me out of my opinion." Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

BloodWineVampiress93
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Final Fantasy VII: Shadows of Night (IC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BoyKagome on Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:14 pm

Oh snap! Time to clock out and hit the only place that could stand par with heaven itself... Midgars own street pub. There was the option of drinking up in ShinRa tower but really he'd just been in the building for freaking 11 hours and a little change of scenery sounded quite called for. So Reno had punched out and head down to the lower level while quite a few slum rats seemed to scurry back into their homes. Another thing about the street pub compared to the ShinRa's was a good old taste of experienced hands over the towers attempt to make the most expensive classy stuff that ever slid down someones pallet. In truth his favorite bar had to be in Wutai, those pre-historic relics of Gaia really knew how to mix up a fresh ground grown brand of booze! With a quick shove against the double doors of the Wallmartket Reno would sit down in his usual seat.

" 'ey Yaints, gimmie tha most straight forward rout ya got ta makin' a sober mind take a back seat." Didn't need a menu, Reno typically didn't eat unless his stomach really started to ask for it. Being a Turk, a couple of customers seemed to make a early departure from the bar scene like they were scared he'd catch their hides for a bounty or something... "Hah... Buncha kids."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

BoyKagome
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tasteslikemurder on Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:21 pm

The bar door opened and in walked a slim girl, with long reddish-brown hair and bright hazel eyes. She looked to be around twently, and she caught the attention of a couple drunk men around the doorway. Rolling her eyes, she quickly shuffled past them and made her way to the bar. She noticed the redhead in the black and white suit and raised an eyebrow, but quickly shook her head before taking a seat two barstools down.

A cheery looking bartender with curly blond hair smiled at her. "What would you like, hun?"

"Mmm..two shots of whisky." She smirked at the girl and, after ordering, crossed her left leg over the other.

Scarlette was her name, and she'd moved to edge quickly after the stigma had cleared up in search of a cheap place to live. With luck she'd found a small apartment near here, with cheap rent, but it was falling apart. Leaking roof..crap flooring..ugh. She didn't want to think about it.

The waitress soon returned with her whisky and she thanked her, then downed both hungrily.

tasteslikemurder
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soki on Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:50 pm

(Well since Soki is Really Zack just doesn't know it...I'll post him in Midgar if that's alright)

Soki had awoken again from another nightmare. Something happened to a man named Zack something, the man looked like him. He shook his head rising from the bed he slept in as he sat up looking in the cracked mirror on the wall across from his bed rubbing his face. He had really changed alot His hair was alot longer but still spiked at weird angles and not only that he had the start of a scruffy beard. He rose out of bed getting into his usual attire and walking out both his large swords on his back as he walked, alittle stumbely considering his dreams had kept him up half the night. Soon though he stumbled upon a pub though he wasn't sure if he'd be able to find a spot it was always jammed full around this time of day. He walked in and sat at the bar where two people had just ditched as he rested his head on the counter. "What a night....I'd just like a cold glass of water and something warm to eat..." he said though it was muffled thanks to the table.

"Suggest that we escape by putting fish in our mouths so we can breath while under water AGAIN I will Ninja punch you so hardcore it will knock you out and when you wake up? the force of it will knock you out a second time before you wake up!"

RM:"Please promise to kill me with your pants on" BM:"I PROMISE NOTHING!"

"IN THE NAME OF MEANINGLESS BATTLE!" *Attacks*

Soki
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Greeter Streamwatcher Person of Interest Lifegiver Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BloodWineVampiress93 on Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:04 am

It had taken a while but Vin eventually got out of SHADOW's base. She looked around, then looked at her watch, she noted the time with relative indifference, but a light was in her eye.

Her vibrant red hair was pulled up under a hat for discretion, someone would remember if something happened when a girl with bright red hair was around. Her entire look spoke to a want for hiding, any item that she was was dark grey or black, and it was all simply made, yet sturdy, things that could take a beating and stand up to it. She didn't carry her katana at times like this, too visible, so she had her gun.

The gun she used had seen a lot of action in its day. It was a simple black gun, worn and beaten, but still handy and trustworthy, Vin would stake her life on it, she would risk her life to keep it. This ordinary, if old, three barrel handgun was one of Vin's most prized possessions, and that was obvious because of how well maintained it was, she kept it in the best condition she could.

And that was how Vin entered the pub, hair under hat, gun concealed, clothes inconspicuous. As she looked around, she realized she was lucky, there was a Turk there, and though she would like to spit on him, just for working for Shin-Ra, she knew that if anyone remembered someone from that night, it would probably be the Turk.

She didn't try to avoid the Turk in choosing her seat, she actually sat rather close to him, as the saying goes, keep your friends close and your enemies closer, although Vin doubted that was what it meant. Once she was seated, she ordered a glass of water and that was all.

BloodWineVampiress93
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BoyKagome on Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:26 am

Its amazing how a vibe of <i>I want you dead.</i> was caught by Reno as <i> I want you in bed.</i> She sat close enough to observe, but not right next to him. Total knock out too! Fricking hell she was digging everything she saw. Well it wasn't like the Turk could blame her, this was Reno Sinclair after all. With a famous face like his who wouldn't want to try their hand? Giving a moment of pause he wondered if it was a good idea to start flirting with a girl that hadn't even made contact with him yet. Well maybe if he hadn't of already downed 2 drinks it might of been possible, but his logic skills were pretty shot by this point. More or less his mind registered attractive female, want attractive female, say pretty thing, attractive female yours.

First though Reno understood the value of patience and precision so to hit on her 20 seconds after the chick had just sat down, no no... had to let them marinate and bask in what their eyes were longing to see. It'd be another drink before the one person separating Reno and Vin stood up and left. In a slick little motion he'd set his hand on that very seat sliding into it like he'd been there the entire time. " I like ta think of myself as a pretty observant guy. So when a girl cant stop looking at me for lengthy periods of time my senses as a male tell me that they wanna get ta know me a little bit more." Glanced over in her direction but his face was still facing forward. "But then 'gain if i'm wrong, ya can go 'head and tell me this this seats taken. Where this goes from here is all on you princess." Typical Reno strategy to win over the girl, make himself come off as fickle and put the decision on the chick. After all, the worst a girl could say is no right?

BoyKagome
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BloodWineVampiress93 on Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:40 am

Vin was so shocked, she couldn't say anything. Her best case scenario had just turned into worst case scenario in a matter of minutes. She didn't want trouble, not yet, she couldn't afford that. She wanted to politely decline, but this was a Turk and the only things that she could think of to say were not by any means polite and she didn't want to upset him, not when he could overreact, and she was unsure of how many drinks he'd had, a drunk man could be a very violent man.

Her lips parted slightly as she calibrated her words, fists clenching and unclenching underneath the table, safely out of view. She blinked a few times, the lights playing tricks with the color of her eyes, making them look yellow again.

Finally, after a few more seconds silence, she looked down at the table, her mouth closed tightly, cheeks going red as she found herself completely and utterly dumbstruck.

BloodWineVampiress93
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soki on Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:10 am

Soki had been close enough to hear this as he noticed this girl fighting with her words as he shook his head, "Hm...shouldn't get involved but oh well..." Soki coughed lightly as he looked over to the male and shook his head "I think she wanted to decline your offer..." He said as he looked to the man, His own face held no emotion no way to give way for people to think he was afraid or anything at all. As soon as he had said that his food and water had arrived as he looked to it and smiled taking a drink.

Soki
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Greeter Streamwatcher Person of Interest Lifegiver Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BloodWineVampiress93 on Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:30 am

Vin nodded, now finding her voice.

"Nothing personal," she said, "I just don't like Turks." I really don't like Turks, she thought, And any vibe you noticed that told you I wanted to get to know you better was right, there is no greater intimacy than seeing another's blood on your sword. Unfortunately for you, I do not have my sword and am not in the mood for a conflict.

She looked at the man who had intervened, her eyes fading back to their normal brownish color. She smiled and nodded.

One of her hands had strayed to her gun, in case this Turk overreacted.

BloodWineVampiress93
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Orrin55 on Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:10 am

Wit a sigh Orrin entered the bar and immediately sensed the mood. He glanced over at the turk and the girl and mentally shrugged, It wasn't his problem and he didn't want to interfere. taking a seat next to her he raised a hand and waved the bartender over "A glass of water and a small shot of brandy please" he ordered. The artender complied and went back to wiping glasses with a rag. Orrin gulped down the brandy feeling it's warmth spread throughout his body and sipped at the cool water. He had just been on a bounty hunting mission and spent all night tracking the man down. His mind flashed back to how easy it would have been if that drunken old man hadn't pointed him out hiding in the rafters. The reward wasn't big, but he needed the money. he ordered another shot of brandy and turned to listen to the conversation. Maybe he could find a job he could do.

Orrin55
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soki on Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:59 pm

Soki waved a hand towards her to say nothing of it, as he finished his water and half of his food paying for it and standing up, He looked around the place. Alot of kids some people he thought he knew and a few who were beyond new to him. He only shrugged his shoulders and walked towards the door. Though he had nothing to do or anything planned for that matter it was better then staying here and getting thrusted into another conflict.

Soki
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BoyKagome on Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:16 pm

Yup she totally digged him, Reno could feel the deep anxiety from here. However it seemed like she was just a little to shy for this kind of thing and Reno wasn't really the type of guy who liked to break girls in... she looked like experience was in her inventory but the next exchange made it clear that wasn't the case. It was quite possible to try and get around this light weight obstacle of a very unsure decline, but this kitten was just a little too fragile. Well regardless it had been fun getting that kind of reaction, but that ended with some spikey haired boy friend of some kind interjected. " No offense taken luv, savin' yourself for mr. Right over here my bet. Well far be it for me ta intertwine with destiny. Have at her hedgehog, i'll even remove tha awkward salience free of charge." With that Reno retrieved his blazer off the seat he'd been seated before. Tseng would be pissed if he didn't go check on that flower girl of his anyway.

" I get stuck around all these underdeveloped chicks lately... I knew I shoulda got my drink at tha 7th Heaven... I wonder if it's got anythin' ta do with Cloud 9.... Wow I must be drunk if that's whats going through here..." Tapped his head taking his final steps out into the streets again, ignoring the local running marketers and....prostitutes. Pointed down toward the sector 6 gate as if marking his goal. " Those doors feet, get me there... We can do this... I shoulda really drank with Rude..." One in front of the other Reno moved along toward his destination looking skyward while in mid walk. " Mako energy huh, guess it don't really matter who's right or wrong on the issue... just matters who's got tha power ta back up their position."

BoyKagome
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soki on Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:20 pm

Soki's eyes twitched "H-hedgehog?!" He shook his head and looked in a mirror, "Hey I'm no Hedgehog and I've nothing to do with her!" he called after the man growling like some sort of child his face alit with a blush as he shook his head "Maybe if you weren't drunk you'd know that!" he called as he growled softly walking back into the Pub and towards the bathroom. "Wise guy calling me a hedgehog...I look nothing like one..." He growled softly as he just began to wash his face along with running water through his hair to see if that'd help it did for the most part though some of it was still spikey as he exited the bathroom that same scowl on his face as he walked out deciding to tail the man maybe getting him back for the Hedgehog comment.

(That was cold BoyKagome cold as ice XD so not a hedgehog D<)

Soki
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BloodWineVampiress93 on Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:53 pm

Vin chuckled at the whole scenario now that it was over. She leaned back, "Turks..." she chuckled. Standing she tossed some money to the bartender and walked out. Her hat was getting itchy, so she took it off for a moment and shook out her hair. She walked down the street for a while before making to put the hat on, but someone had already recognized her.

"Krayne!" they called, jogging up from behind. Vin jumped nearly a foot, then smiled to see it was Tommin Thorne, a member of SHADOW, and a relatively revered one at that.

"Tomm, you gave me a fright!" she said, cramming the hat back on her head.

"Sorry, Boss," Thorne said with a smile, "I brought something for you."

"Better not be sweets," Vin said, "I can barely get my fat ass of the ground anyways." They both laughed.

"No, it ain't that," Thorne said, "We got some intel from..." And he proceeded to give Vin the details, then he handed her her katana, "This is just in case you decide to go foolhardy hogwild and try to do this on your own..." Vin snatched the blade with a slightly annoyed look on her face.

"Thorne..." she groaned. Thorne smiled and then was off back onto his own rounds. Vin sighed and latched the loop of the sword's scabbard onto her belt and then looked ahead and began walking, forgetting entirely that he bright red hair hung down her back for all to see. "Let's see what's in Sector...6, 6 was good, she'd go and see, now who did she have stationed there? Lu? She was considering that as she walked toward the Sector 6 gate.

BloodWineVampiress93
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BoyKagome on Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:15 pm

"Hey hey hey!"Reno may of been drunk, but these kids were stupid. What the hell did they think they were doing?! Funk worms and living houses were all over this area and there sitting around playing on the haunted looking playground. Reno stood over the trio of infants with his arms folded. " Just what tha heck ya think y'ur doin' half pints? This place is littered with monsters that would just luv ta feed on y'ur flesh ya know. How often ya even come here?... Ah forget it, just stop doin' it right now. These things can smell life energy, especially materia like this." Lifted up his Imperial Guard revealing the two junctioned slots.While the three of them stared at the shining crystals in amazement, Reno had actually served to become the purgatorial source of his own warning. By putting materia out in the open the ground dug out around him as a pack of 3 Whole Eaters burrowed their way up."...Huh, guess I called that one didn't I..."

What a pain, extra work and no pay? Ah well, it'd eat his conscience all day if these kids got eaten. "Step back kiddies watch tha master at work..." Reached hand into his shirt feeling around for the Electro Mag Rod that should be on the inside of his opened blazer... however there was nothing to be found. " Aww man, don't tell me I left is back in tha bar?... Tch..." Turned to look at the kids spotting his rod right away as one of the little brats had swiped it... must of been when Reno was showing off his Imperial Guard. " Hey ya brat give that back, ya wanna die or what?!" Instead of fighting his enemy, Reno instead was reduced to playing monkey in the middle as the kids played keep away with what they thought would buy their next meal.. too bad by trying to get that meal they were going to become one!

BoyKagome
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soki on Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:23 pm

Soki only watched laughing alittle at this until he realized what would happen as he shook his head rushing in as one of the things dove for an attack his swords drawn as he guarded the attack as he shook his head "Yo Red-head might wanna hurry up and get to helping...I can only hold them off for a bit before they decide to take a piece of me...so...if you don't mind...PUT YOUR DRUNKEN ASS IN GEAR AND HELP!" he called as he pushed the thing back and as he did pushed the kid and this guy back out of the way of the next attack. He hated helping out idiots but he knew he'd never forgive himself if he didn't.

Soki
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BloodWineVampiress93 on Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:08 pm

Vin had been walking along when she'd heard the commotion. She stopped to looked at the two men and the children along with the creatures. She watched for a moment, Why do I keep running into these guys? One encounter with a Turk per day was her policy, less if it could be helped, but running into the same Turk twice in the same night, it was bad news. Still, she felt bad for the children, being a slightly motherly thing herself, so she decided to risk it.

"You boys need some help?" she called, "If you don't, I'll be on my way." She caught the eyes of one of the children, and pulled a small sweet out of her pocket, she wasn't sure how long it'd been there, but it wouldn't kill the kid, and having a stomach ache was better than being a stomach ache for something else. She nodded to the child and waited for a response from either the children or the adults.

BloodWineVampiress93
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BoyKagome on Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:19 pm

"What tha hell ya want me ta do man, tha kids just took half of my attack power. This fights not going ta be a walk in the park now. " Aww hell with it, if those brats weren't going to give up his Mag Rod then he'd have to fight without it. "... Well helllllo there... it's that chick from tha bar that was so into me... and it was your fault I didn't get a date out of the whole thing Hedgehog." Despite his complaints Reno engaged in combat rolling his sleeve up as the Bolt materia triggered shooting a wave of lightning to deal with one of the Whole Eaters... but not enough power to finish it. "... I need that rod man, this is going ta get ugly real fast."

BoyKagome
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BloodWineVampiress93 on Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:30 pm

Vin tried this time for the child who had the Mag Rod. She knelt down.

"Hey, hon," she said, pulling a whole handful of candy out of her pocket, "Whatcha got there? Can I see it?" The child looked at her apprehensively, and then at the candy, but still held the rod tightly, "I'll give it back," Vin tempted, but she didn't really need to, the child was was already inching toward her.

"Promise?" Vin nodded solemnly.

"Promise," she said, and the child came up to to her and took the candy, letting the Meg Rod drop. Vin scooped it up and threw it at the Turk, "Hey! Turk, I think this is yours! But the kid's gonna want it back."

BloodWineVampiress93
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BoyKagome on Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:47 pm

"Why the hell would I give it back!? Ya know how much this thing is worth... oh crap." Catches the rod out of the air with a could hand swipe a crossed to retrieve it. " Mag Rod Prison... Open up wide boys!" Pointing his weapon forward a custom ability that was Reno's alone triggered as 3 rods ripped out of the ground around the Whole Eaters. The triad of protruding rods each was connected by a electric fence which synchronized in its circuiting laps around their deemed enemies. Flicking a lighted cigarette inside the 3 gates converged erupting the the contents between their space devouring the beasts whole. " Now that's what i'm talkin' 'bout... Well legs looks like your more den a pretty face after all."

BoyKagome
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!