Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Final Fantasy VII: Shadows of Night (IC)

a topic in Video Games, a part of the RPG forum.

For any roleplay based on video games.

Re: Final Fantasy VII: Shadows of Night (IC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BloodWineVampiress93 on Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:01 pm

"And you're nothing less than what I would expect out of a Turk," Vin said, adding, "Even a drunk one." She gave a dead smiled and doffed her hat, bowing with a flourish, "The name's Thorne." It was a risk giving her old name and there was a chance that it would lead to trouble for Tommin, but she could not give her current name, and years of polite courtesy, drilled into her brain by slight beating, had not faded from her memory yet so that she could not go without giving a name. As she straightened, she spoke again, "You got a name Turk boy?" Her hatred for the Turks left her gun in its holster feeling heavy, its original owner had been a Turk.
"Laugh all you want, you won't laugh me out of my opinion." Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

BloodWineVampiress93
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soki on Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:07 pm

Soki only shook his head looking from both of them as he sighed "Well...is there anything else i'm needed for I'm not partial to red over here calling me Hedgehog so if there's not..." he saidas he put his swords away "I think i'm going to ditch..." he said calmly as he looked back and forth from the man and the woman with blunt curiosity. His mind wandered and a few memories hit him as he shook his head. His mind was boggled down with memories of a man name Zack and it was starting to bug him really bad. Maybe a shrink would help.

"Suggest that we escape by putting fish in our mouths so we can breath while under water AGAIN I will Ninja punch you so hardcore it will knock you out and when you wake up? the force of it will knock you out a second time before you wake up!"

RM:"Please promise to kill me with your pants on" BM:"I PROMISE NOTHING!"

"IN THE NAME OF MEANINGLESS BATTLE!" *Attacks*

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Soki
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Greeter Streamwatcher Person of Interest Lifegiver Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BoyKagome on Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:19 pm

" Looks like hes going back in his whole till spring comes along. " Reno got one last smart alec remark off on Soki before putting his attention this Thorn chick. "... Wow, what kind of name is that? Sounds like someones being less than honest, but what the heck do I care.What's in a name besides letters and a word?..." Lifted his finger to his lips while leaning toward Vin like what she was about to hear was some kind secret. " The answers is your world... I bet ya didn't know that." So what did it mean to say someones world existed within their name? Simply put every person had their own existence and motivations in that existence to do what they do. A name is something that labeled that existence and titled it in a way that shows its important. Without a name, it would all be random thoughts that belong to no one... what a bleak concept that would be wouldn't it?

" My world, Reno Sinclair... and that's what I was born with." Brushed thumb a crossed his nose having a cocky smirk while taking a moment to give Vin a additional once over from her now standing position. "But if ya want you can call me Anytime."

BoyKagome
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soki on Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:24 pm

Soki's eye twitched as he walked over "Hey um Reno was it...man lay of the jokes...I saved your ass so you better stop.." he said as he glared at the man "Because I'm not one of your little underlings you can mess around and they won't do anything....I'll personally kick your ass..." He said as he gave a pleasant smile to the male just to show that he'd do it for the fun of it not just because he'd want too. "Besides If i'm a hedgehog that'd make you some strange looking fox..." he said as he smirked "Your winter coat is starting to come in nicely by the way.." he said with a soft laugh.

Soki
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Greeter Streamwatcher Person of Interest Lifegiver Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BloodWineVampiress93 on Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:35 pm

For the first time in thirty years, Vin had been honest with her name, and that was what she got? She crossed her arms over her chest. Thorne was the name she'd been born with, Sarah Thorne, an ordinary and plain name, she'd hated it, now giving her first name would be a death sentence, perhaps.

"Oh, I'm sure this won't be the last you see of me, Reno Sinclair," she said, a mischievous smile on her face, "No, I'm sure this is only the beginning." She was intrigued by the Turk a little, she hadn't actually spoken to one in thirty years or so, and she'd forgotten what they were like, though she quite suspected that this Reno fellow was a one of a kind.

The realization that she was considering to be on friendly terms with a Turk of all people hit her hard and she was off very quickly. In fact, as soon as she was out of sight, she broke into a run and didn't stop until she was at Lu's house. Unfortunately for Lu, Tommin's mousy wife, Vin was about to have a break down, and by the time it was over, several fragile items were broken and Lu was thoroughly frightened by the woman she had called friend for many a year.

BloodWineVampiress93
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BoyKagome on Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:46 pm

"A fox huh..." Stopped thinking about the title that Soki had just tossed down on him with a hand to his chin while contemplating it. Slapped the guy on the back as the Soldier uncured the wrong action of what he was seeking. " That sounds pretty good, Reno Kitsune... a fox for tha foxy ladies of tha Gaia. Now we're talkin', ya might be a cool guy after all their Spike." Congratulations Soki, you have been upgraded in title. Reno couldn't help but watch the girl leave... why? Because he was male, she was hot, and she didn't know what was happening if her eyes were facing forward. " Tha finer things in life my friend... that's what that is... Oh right I got a job ta do..."

Touched his cheeks trying to remember what it was. "... Girl... not Thorne Horney for the Reno girl... different one... umm... it was... Damn Tseng needs ta get a much more memorable voice. I just can't remember these things..." Takes out his cell phone looking for the mission objective. " Got it!... Church in the Slums... on my way." Put away his Mag-Rod starting to head off from Sector 6 and toward 7.

BoyKagome
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soki on Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:49 pm

Soki growled as he just shook his head "Man...your such a dunce!" he called after the man but being who he was he just tailed the guy, Girl in the slums. why did that sound so familiar, so familiar... His mind now was streaked with more memories memories of a woman, a woman named...? It started with an A but he couldn't recall her name. Damnit The memories of the man Zack never come through in a long run as he ran after the guy "Hey Red..Can I tag along...this girl sounds...well...Familiar to say the least..." he said calmly.

Soki
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BloodWineVampiress93 on Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:16 am

Vin banged her fists on the table spilling the tea all over her hands and the surface of the table. Lu winced but had given up trying to clean up after Vin, that would have to wait until after she'd left.

"More tea?" she asked pleasantly. Vin ignored her.

"I hate Turks," Vin said, "I loathe them, of all of Shin-Ra the General Affairs Department has to be the worst." Lu tittered a little, seeing Vin slowly returning to normal.

"You're forgetting the Department of Science," she said. A pained look crossed Vin's face.

"Ah, yeah, them too, heck, all of Shin-Ra's gone to the dogs," she sighed. Lu put her hand on Vin's arm.

"Didn't you tell me one time, that you had once worked for Shin-Ra?" she asked tentatively, trying to get Vin to talk, bottling things up would shorten her life, though, after a good fifteen years and she still looked like a twenty-five-year-old, Lu was pretty sure that Vin wasn't about to die of old age anytime soon.

"Yeah," Vin said, to Lu's surprise, "Yeah, a long, long time ago. But they chewed me up and spit me out." She looked at Lu bleakly, "I'm in this for revenge, hon, unlike all the rest of you, I could care less about saving the world. Shin-Ra could have the world if they wanted, but after what they've done to me, I'm not about to let them get away with that, not as long as I have breath in these lungs."

BloodWineVampiress93
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BoyKagome on Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:28 am

"Hey hey, how long ya plan on followin me ya sick little lost puppy..." Reno threw a glance over his shoulder noting that Soki was still on his heels. Ah well whatever, the guy seemed harmless enough... though that threat of his seemed a little out of place. Didn't really know how strong Reno was... then again Reno didn't know what Soki was capable of either... but doubted it could compete with his talents. "So Spikey if you're gunna keep follin' me the least ya could do is identify your world already.. Come on spit it out already, I still got more nicknames ta throw at ya... though truth be told I might just use them anyway. See doncha just love honesty?"

Stopped in front of the church looking the door up and down." Heh.. shes not here."The door was closed, Aerith always left it open; her way of inviting the world into her own world. That Aerith was a social butterfly, but he didn't care for her type... way too innocent. That and Mr. Tseng seemed like he wanted the woman for himself.. What a sad world that Wutai warrior must live in... " Ah well she will be, I know this girl pretty well by now... Should, my boss wants ta get a good ride outa her... and I ain't talkin bout a chocobo." Pushed the doors opened heading inside.

BoyKagome
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soki on Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:36 am

Soki tilted his head "My world..honestly I don't have one but my name is Soki..." he said, once they reached their destantion he stared at it but nodded to whatever Reno was saying though he wasn't listening as he shook his head "This place...is really familiar." His memories began to attack him heavily once more as he held his head in his hands leaning against the wall as they had walked in. "Man...I-i remember this place but...their not my memories..." he said more to himself but loud enough for the other male to hear him.

Soki
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BloodWineVampiress93 on Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:40 am

"I've got to kill that Turk!" Vin finally announced, standing up, cup of tea once more knocked over. Lu stood as well and pulled Vin back down into her chair.

"What are you talking about?" she asked. Vin looked at her, eyes appearing to be a fierce yellow.

"I have to kill Reno Sinclair so he will not be in my way," she said, her voice was dark. Lu nearly backed away, but she didn't want her friend to be steered towards a foolhardy task like that.

"Why? Why not make an ally of him, get an inside man?" Lu suggested.

"Inside man?" Vin scoffed, "I worked for Shin-Ra for nine years!"

"Thirty years ago," Lu pointed out. Vin ignored her. "Bide your time!" Lu suddenly said in a burst of courage, "You can do that Vinera Krayne, for, if not, what have you been doing for the past thirty years?" Vin looked at Lu, absolutely shocked.

"I need fresh air," she said, and walked out of the house.

BloodWineVampiress93
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BoyKagome on Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:07 am

"ACCCCCHUUU!" Shot forward into a sitting up position rubbing his nose. " That was a big one, ya know that that means doncha? Some where some really hot babe is talkin bout me... and with good reason." Did this guy ever get over himself? Not really. There was a lot to be proud of and Reno showed that pride quite openly. Vin was right about one thing though, he wasn't your average Turk. All of them besides Reno were very clean cut and orderly looking. Reno on the other hand spiked his hair, grew it out into a pony tail, tossed some goggles on his forehead ( which he never used.) kept his shirt open and un-tucked, and had the lapels of his shirt up making for a very sloppy looking elitist.

Non the less Reno was second in command of the group and his power was quite intense. " I got news for ya Saki." Still not the guys name, but now he was a alcoholic beverage so you know Reno had some respect for the guy. " Memories are always yours, your brain is you and repressed memories that you want to forget are still realitys in your head. If ya try ta treat'em like illusions... they'll just haunt ya for tha rest y'ur life."

BoyKagome
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soki on Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:25 am

Soki nodded like Reno knew something then stood up and shook his head "Thank you for the wise wisdom moron...These memories aren't mine their a guy named Zack's..." He said with a sigh, he began to wander around looking at the place while his mind wandered through the man's memories of the place, Soki himself didn't know why he had all these memories locked inside his head and honestly he'd like to find out soon before it all drove him nuts.

Soki
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BloodWineVampiress93 on Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:17 pm

Vin walked down the street furious, furious at herself for losing her calm, furious at Lu for pointing it out, and furious at Reno for being the spark that had led to the explosion. She needed to regain her cool and soon, if she continued walking around the streets of Midgar like this, she might attack someone on the spur of the moment, just because she thought they looked at her the wrong way.

She stopped and tried to remember how she used to calm herself down when she was younger and more hot tempered. The only things that came rushing back to her were painful memories of her past. She found a wall and leaned on it.

"I'm a failure," she muttered. Suddenly she was doubting her entire cause, who were they to take on the mighty Shin-Ra? Nobody, they were nobody, hardly even an annoyance to Shin-Ra in the past thirty years. Get it together Vin, a voice in her head told her, You can't just give up now, look at all the time and effort you and everyone else have put into this. Vin nodded and pushed off of the wall. She squared her shoulders and took on an unconscious stance that would have looked less awkward if she were wearing a suit instead of the clothing she was currently wearing. Her face said business.

"You picked a fight with the wrong girl, Shin-Ra," she breathed quietly so that no one else could hear, and continued walking around, making rounds, and collecting information from the members she had stationed throughout the city.

BloodWineVampiress93
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BoyKagome on Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:46 pm

"Oh yeah? Not your memories? So when did you get a brain transplant? Look pal you can't be havin memories that ain't yours. If ya think ya do, then heres whats really goin on... You repressed memories of yourself into your subconsciousness. That's it...Whatcha gotta do is figure out why and how ya pulled it off. Once ya know that, you'll figure out who you really are." Reno may not of looked it, but he was actually a pretty bright guy. The human mind was one of those things he didn't need a manual for, emotions had purpose and they structured someones personality. There were certain trends anyone with basic empathy could pick up on. This Soki guy really wasn't as mysterious as he was making himself out to be, at least he had memories to start to piece together his passed. Reno probably could of helped him figure out who he was with a peek into the ShinRa system files... but that was extra work and not something he was interested in. "ACHU!"

BoyKagome
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soki on Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:10 pm

Soki shook his head "Really then explain to me why this guy Zack...?" He rubbed his forehead slightly to try and losen the pressure "How did I get his memories and how do I look just like him execpt my eyes are mismatched and his aren't..?" he asked calmly "How come I'm not him but yet I've all his memories of the past...?" he asked as he looked at Reno "Explain that..." he said calmly crossing his arms over his chest.

Soki
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BloodWineVampiress93 on Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:35 pm

Stretching, Vin began to wander around, she'd done the major part of her job, now she could pretty much relax and think up some amazing plan that would make Shin-Ra a little uncomfortable for a while. Her mind became fuzzy after a little while and she knew she had to stop trying to think, so she slowed her gait to a very slow pace, so slow, in fact, that people ran into her.

Her mind brought her back in time, back thirty years. Her hand automatically reached for her gun as she thought about its original owner. He'd been a Turk, and a very good friend of hers, of course, she'd been a Turk as well back then. Both of them were now supposed to be dead, and he really was dead. She sighed.

So much time, so much pain, so many, many memories. Vaguely Vin wondered what Shin-Ra had told her family when she'd gone missing. She hadn't been able to go back to her family, worried that Shin-Ra might be watching, and she couldn't afford to be caught and dragged back there, though by now, she knew that they had stopped looking for her, what would they want with an old woman? Besides, she had done a pretty good job at faking her own death, they probably didn't even think she was alive anymore. And in a way, Sarah Thorne was dead, making way for Vin Krayne.

BloodWineVampiress93
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BoyKagome on Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:12 am

"What am I your psychologist? It'd be too much of a pain to try and explain how I know people are themselves. It's one of those things you are supposed to take on faith. It's kinda like saying cigarettes are addicting... sure everyone knows that its true... but there are still skeptics... and they raise valid reasons for it not to be true, but in the end the majority of the world will always be under the impression they are addictive." Reno was only putting half assed thoughts into his replies, this guy didn't matter much to him.. in fact all he was really thinking about is if this flower girl didn't show up soon, Tseng would let out an entire search party... which means, Reno would never have to do this job again!... Gave a small glance down to his watch taking note of the time. " She's not late yet."

BoyKagome
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soki on Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:52 pm

Soki groaned lightly as he shook his head. "Man you suck in a fight without your little gadget and you can't even give me a straight answer, all your doing is blabing about other subjects to appear smart or make yourself feel smart..." he said as he leaned against the wall, maybe this 'Flower girl' as Mister red keeps calling her could explain, she sounded so familiar and yet he probably didn't know who she was, or even what her name was. He rubbed at his head again. he knew he was probably losing him mind, but it was better safe then sorry.

Soki
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BloodWineVampiress93 on Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:45 pm

Vin was just about back to SHADOW headquarters when she remembered the date. A crestfallen look came across her face, but she banished it quickly. Turning on her heel she looked around.

"Where is that flower stand again?" she muttered to herself, "I can never remember..." She couldn't even remember the name of the girl who had been selling them, though she had spent a good deal of time talking to her the last time she went to get flowers. Ever since the girl had begun selling flowers, Vin had begun buying them.

Where Vin had grown up there was a good deal of flowers, or at least there had been when she was last there, and the lack of flowers in Midgar had at first made her feel lonely and lost, but she had since grown used to it, she now bought flowers in remembrance of a fallen comrade who had been very close to her.

"Where is that girl?" she continued muttering to herself, as she meandered through the slums. She remembered passing a church about a week ago where the scent of flowers had been strong to her extremely sensitive nose, and she wondered if that was where the girl got her flowers from, if so, she might run into the girl there and be able to buy flowers from her there.

She began walking in the direction she assumed was the direction of that church.

BloodWineVampiress93
Member for 15 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!