Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Fulham Bị Cấm Chuyển Nhượng Sau Vụ Bán Sao Trẻ Cho Liverpool » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

A New Breed

A New Breed

a part of “A New Breed”, a fictional universe by Celedia.

We've all seen the movies and read the comics. The idea behind super powers ranges greatly. Bitten by a radioactive spider? Genetic mutation? Personal trauma or tragedy? It allowed the idea that outside forces could induce human evolution so the scientis

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “A New Breed”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] A New Breed

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Celedia on Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:34 pm

IC Link to: A New Breed
Character sheets/General Info/Background Link to: A New Breed

Jynthic Synthetics-
The building shown to the side is where Jynthic held both their laboratories and the 'dorms' for their test subjects. It is comprised of four interlinked glass buildings with a walkway above the entrance/exit into the courtyard leading out into the compound grounds. Security was light and the scientists were mostly respected because they were doing these experiments to try to enhance human civilization. The test subjects were treated with the utmost respect though because of their powers they were watched over to ensure that they didn't hurt anyone.

Subjects for this facility were obtained in a number of ways. For some subjects, their families gave them over to the scientists. This was the beginning of the age that people held interest in having the perfect child. Genetic modification was being touted as a way for limit birth defects, etc so the recruiters marketed it as the next step up to perfection. Beautiful, flawless and powerful. The next step in evolution.

For others, they were kidnapped from situations where their removal from the natural world already seemed imminent and thus, would cause no more heartbreak than if society allowed nature to take its course. (In example, people that were carted away in ambulances were taken because their family and friends might already have expected them to not survive.)

The test subjects varied in age as to when they were taken. Newborns all the way up to twelve year olds. They were given free roam of the grounds and even provided with chaperoned field trips to the nearby town once every month as soon as they reached the age of 13.

In 2000, the facility was reported to the government and was subsequently shut down. The kids, depending on their age and the way they came to the facility in the first place were dispersed. "Kids" old enough to make it on their own were given a hefty stipend and sent out on their own. Subjects with family that handed them over to the labs in the first place were returned home and those that were kidnapped but too young to release were sent to State orphanages.

Novato Inc.-
The building shown to the side is where Novato held both their laboratories and 'dorms' for their test subjects. As you can see, it is comprised of six cynlindrical buildings connected by an inner circular construct. Two of the cylinders are purely for the laboratories and the other four are a mixture of dorms, stores, recreational facilities, etc. The compound is entirely self-sufficient with their food being either grown on the acreage surrounding the building or shipped in via helicopter on a sporadic schedule.

Subjects for this facility were strictly kidnapped. Daylight, nighttime, from the nursery at a hospital or on their way to work. Nothing mattered other than physical health. If the subject was deemed healthy enough to withstand testing then regardless of age, race, sex, nationality, etc, they were taken.

Novato differs severely depending on the capabilities of the test subject and their personality towards staff. Subjects that acclimate easily to the environment, are powerful and do not cause any drama are elevated into an almost star pupil status. They are kept at the facility, researched, tested and trained to see what the pinnacle of their powers might hold.

Subjects that are not very powerful are sold to the highest bidder. Unwilling slaves to those with enough money to not only buy a human but a human that can do parlor tricks.

Test subjects that are powerful but cause disruption are locked away in the fourth cylinder's bottom levels. Amenities are removed depending on their behavior and their powers if they act up.

To instill further control over the genetically modified humans in their care, Novato has designed a thick indestructible Inhibitor bracelet. The bracelet has been tested, through the flame and the fire, and the final design is one that has worked now for the past year with no disruptions. The bracelet is designed to limit or completely inhibit the powers of its wearer. What it is crafted from and the reasoning behind its abilities are a closely held secret by only the Director of Novato Inc.

Recently, at the end of 2010, the government discovered this new facility and subsequently tried to shut it down. Only this time, they were met with resistance. The scientists at this facility weren't running the tests for the glory of humanity but for purely selfish reasons and they forced the children and adults that were under their 'care' to fight for them. The government was unprepared for this resistance and withdrew, searching diligently for a new plan.

The Plan

The government is sending agents out all over the world to make contact with the first wave of children dispersed from Jynthic Synthetics. Their powers, combined with the might of the government agents might just be enough to break into the compound and help to release the test subjects within. The only problem would be finding the men and women from Jynthic.

After they were released, the government kept tabs on them but after a few years their interest was turned to other things so they lost track of some of them. A rumor here or there has allowed them to narrow in on some of them though and it is these Modifieds that they will go after first.
Last edited by Celedia on Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"...you know we've fuckin' broken down as a society when people just explode in forests." ~Gasmask in The Unexplainable.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Celedia
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy

Re: [OOC] A New Breed

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Spectrum on Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:46 pm

What are the options here? I mean by that, which facility can our character be from? Can it be a character from the new lab or does it have to be from the old one?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Spectrum
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Celedia on Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:54 pm

Sorry, Spectrum! That was answered in the "Roleplayers wanted" post. I will try to add it to the intro page under FAQs to help future people. You can play either a first facility test subject or a government agent with no problems. If you want to be in the second round of test subjects, you would have to PM me for more details because basically, you are the 'bad guys' then. ;) We would have to fill you in on some minor details, etc.

Celedia
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Varanus on Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:32 am

Hi Celedia. I just submitted a character - just let me know if you want me to make any changes with the character history.

Varanus
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soki on Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:47 am

hey Cel I posted my character, I hope he's good ^^

"Suggest that we escape by putting fish in our mouths so we can breath while under water AGAIN I will Ninja punch you so hardcore it will knock you out and when you wake up? the force of it will knock you out a second time before you wake up!"

RM:"Please promise to kill me with your pants on" BM:"I PROMISE NOTHING!"

"IN THE NAME OF MEANINGLESS BATTLE!" *Attacks*

Soki
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Greeter Streamwatcher Person of Interest Lifegiver Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Celedia on Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:04 pm

Hey everyone! :) I just wanted to give an update. We decided that we're going to leave it open for character submissions for a few days before dropping the introductory post. If any of you would like to work out backstories regarding each other then now would be the time to do so! Each group would, of course, know the other test subjects that they have been raised with so there is the possibility for character development/drama. I will post a more in depth background of both test facilities so you have the same pool of knowledge to draw from, as well. Any questions/cares/concerns, feel free to PM me! Or I'm also on YIM, at times, for a quicker conversation.

Celedia
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Varanus on Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:50 pm

Hi Celedia,

I'm having some trouble with the PM (it's not letting me compose messages, or I skipped over some how-to-do instructions of something...) but I'd be down with connecting our character's histories together if you're interested.

Varanus
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Celedia on Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:11 pm

Ahh! You're new! Hi Varanus! :) And that's why it won't let you PM people yet. You need 10 forum posts before you can compose PMs, it is a way to keep spammers from mass marketing to the RPers.

So you can either post here a bunch or you can go play some Forum Games! Forum games are easy ways to get your post rank up and they're easy. Like word association and what not. Or, if you have YIM or MSN messengers I can be found at RPGCeledia@yahoo.com

Celedia
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Varanus on Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:19 pm

Ah, I see. (That's actually a pretty neat feature). Alright, I'll get some posts down later today then send you a PM. Thanks!

Varanus
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Celedia on Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:32 pm

No problem! But yes, any of the 'old school' Jynthic Modifieds I would be willing to create some back story with since technically we all 'grew up together'.

Celedia
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Animality Opera on Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:49 pm

Do we have enough characters to start yet? >_>' I can't see I've seen a lot of good come from having a lot of characters in a roleplay here at RPG, and now that we seem to have a little of everybody I think we'll be good to at least to start. We can always leave it open for more to join in~
And I'm pretty sure that I'm only human;;
Then again I could be [W R O N G]

Animality Opera
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Celedia on Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:51 pm

I am waiting for the people in my "Characters waiting to be approved" file to fix their issues so I can approve them. The Intro post will go up as soon as I get a chance to speak to Zuk. Patience, young grasshopper.

Celedia
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hells13 on Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:52 pm

Oh Celedia, I forgot to put a secondary power for my guy :P

Do you mind if I add one?

Hells13
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Celedia on Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:58 pm

Mind PMing to me first so I can approve it?

Celedia
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Varanus on Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:23 am

If anyone from the Jynthic Synthetic Generation would like to set up a quick background history with my character send a PM my way.

If so, just a quick recap on my character's personality and how your character would get along: Edd was sort of the big brother/parental figure, so he was generally overprotective and had the tendency to tell you what and what not to do (kind of bossy)...a personality trait that's not the most fun to be around for most kids. As a kid and teen Edd was an advocate in following the rules in order to be safe and not cause problems; a total straight edge.
Nonetheless he was still tolerated by his peers and some still liked him because he's very honest and dependable, walking his talk by looking out for you when in trouble. He'll give you the shirt off his back if you need it, always lending a hand. Even if you do something he doesn't like, he wouldn't hold it against you. And as an optimistic he would go out of his way to cheer anyone up. Him and Celedia's character, Greg, were total opposites so there was a lot of tension between them when they lived together in Jynthic Synthetics.

So yeah, that's the gist.

Varanus
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Celedia on Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:46 pm

Okay so I am working diligently on the Introduction post now. I will hopefully have it up within the next hour or so since I am doing an intro post and two introductory character posts (Greg and Val). So some random facts for those of you paying attention:

1.) This will be a thread play by post role play. It is much easier, especially for people that can't come on that frequently, to be able to simply Bookmark a topic and then hit "New posts" to see what they have missed. Tab RPs are still a bit awkward in the fact that: (A)- You have to read from the bottom up and (B)- You have to search for where you left off.

2.) At the beginning of the roleplay remember several things-
*The Jynthic subjects are being located and convinced to come back to help the government agents. They will be based out of a new and improved Jynthic Synthetic Labs (it will be introduced in the first post) since both Labs are semi-close geographically. It gives each group a centralized location in which to RP from. A base of operations, so to speak.
*Novato subjects are, of course, in the Novato labs still. You are to start out living your day to day lives but recovering from the most recent attack by the government. Imagine a dozen or so guards have been killed, perhaps a test subject or two if you want to add drama into your side of the RP. (This is also introduced in the first post but I wanted to give you guys a brief summary).
*Try to place your location in the top of your post, in brackets. It will make it easy to follow for those that may join in at a later date, if/when we lose characters.

3.) Make sure to keep tabs on the OOC thread as well. I suggest bookmarking both the IC and OOC so this RP is easier to follow. We have a lot of people and that may cause us to seem hectic at times, depending on everyone's posting schedule.

4.) Also, make note of the rule changes! Now that the RP is about to begin, I will be adding a few more rules regarding posting, etc.

5.) Have fun! If you want to add in a side story that related to your character or if you have an epic idea that you want to see worked into the plot, feel free to PM me. We're open to ideas.
Last edited by Celedia on Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Celedia
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Animality Opera on Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:04 pm

YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW HAPPY YOU'VE MADE ME IN MAKING THIS A THREAD ROLEPLAY. <3 !!
I feel like I'm the only one on RPG who doesn't like the Roleplay Tab. ;3; I like how characters are done in it, but I don't like actually playing IC in it. x_x

Animality Opera
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zukuto on Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:53 pm

LOL!

Sorry for my absence here! I let Celedia take the reins on this one (seeing as it was her idea to begin with :D) and I'm impressed to see such a huge turn out! I'm here to help as well (gonna try to alleviate some of the many PM's Cel gets) so if you have any questions about this roleplay and cant get in touch with Celedia for some reason hit me up!

Zukuto
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mephisto on Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:54 pm

Trust me, Animality, you are one of MANY of us who prefer the forum thread posting RP. Until (if they ever do) they make the posting part of the RP tab better, this is how it needs to be.

Mephisto
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Celedia on Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:03 pm

Warning: Epic posting in T-minus 3...2...1...

Sorry if it's overwhelming. Intro posts are always insane. :) I will split it up into the generic intro posts then another one for my specific character Intros.

Celedia
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!