Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Search for the Everstone

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Search for the Everstone

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:57 pm

Everstone OOC <--- Go here for rules and such and such.

A ancient artifact, called the 'Everstone,' has been rediscovered (or so the tabloids say). The Everstone once belonged to the most powerful sorcerer in written history, and is known as the only sure-fire way to keep or restore one's youth. Such a thing would obviously be of tremendous intrinsic, historical, and cultural value. Group upon group has set out to discover the location of the stone and retrieve it, but thus far no one has been successful. Whether or not it actually exists is debatable, but who's going to wait for someone else to find it for proof?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy

Re: Search for the Everstone

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:04 pm

The very lightest of rains drizzled down from the gray September sky, the flimsy gray clouds above whisping along as though they had nowhere in particular to linger except above the streets of Chantilly. It was getting late into the evening, but the streets were relatively bare; most of the Virginia natives were likely at home enjoying a meal with their families, listening to the radio, or just preparing to wake up and begin a night shift. But one individual, though not a native, was casually strolling along in the sprinkling rain. The lithe figure held an umbrella in one gloved hand, but was not using it to deflect the rain. Instead, the maroon object was held out at an angle and twirling around in a lazy fashion, sending droplets of water off in the most peculiar arcs in every which direction.

An amused smile graced the pale face of Alexandra Lenore as she entertained herself with the umbrella and its water droplets, her hard surfaced shoes making wet clicks and clacks as she moved along towards her goal. Her dark blue coat, which trailed past her knees and was adorned with various buttons that may or may not have served any actual purpose, was beginning to grow notably moist from the exposure to the rain, as was the long tail of pale hair that hung down from the top of her head. But what was a little water in the scheme of things? Spending a week in a desert after a botched attempt to discover a lost tomb gave one a greater appreciation of the wetter things in life, and so she felt little concern in spending a moment damp.

But eventually, her walk came to an end. There, just before her, loomed a great brick building; plenty of stories high and at least three deep, stretching back far enough that it would have caused a fit man to lose his breath trying to run from one end to the other. The Garringsburg, the largest museum of natural history in the world...or at least in the United States. Volume upon volume of information and row upon row of statues and paintings of famous humans, werefolk, vampires, fishmen, centaurs...anything that had ever wandered the earth. It was the perfect meeting place for this particular venture, and Alexandra felt it was something akin to a self-prescribed dose of good luck to meet there.

Shaking her head a few times and ridding herself of unnecessary droplets, Alex snapped the umbrella shut and hiked up the flight of stone steps to the massive doors. There was an aged wolf exiting the building as she went in, but they didn't make any real effort to acknowledge one another as they passed. He stepped into the rain and she into the musky warmth of the museum, her smile widening a bit as she inhaled the wisdom that could be found on any one of the enormous walls that were loaded down with history. As she headed into the appointed room, she paused once or twice to blow dust off of a relic that she had sold to the museum in years past. She had a reputation to uphold, and unclean artifacts with her name next to them simply didn't look good.

After she had walked through a couple of rooms laden with books, one stuffed with skeletons, and three loaded with various pottery and ancient tools, she sidled up to a door labeled 'miscellaneous.' It wasn't the only one of its kind in the Garringsburg, but it was the only one with the bronze number '678' residing over it. It had seemed like an easy enough number for her special guests to find. Smiling once more, Alex clutched her umbrella tightly and closed her eyes. With a soft, whispering misty sound, the whole woman's being seemed to dissolve into thin air. There was nothing left but a pale mist, which floated about for a moment before sliding through the cracks between the door and the wall. Once inside the room, the mist hovered, then settled over one of the stuffed chairs next to the grated fire where guests were meant to rest while admiring the bottled animals, unnamed portraits, improperly labeled potion containers and other strange nick knacks that didn't seem as though they would truly belong anywhere else in the museum. The light mist shrank quickly back into a more solid appearance...and soon Alexandra was seated comfortably in front of the fire, umbrella in hand and legs neatly crossed.

"Glad you could make it," She greeted, certain that at least someone had made it into the room before she had. One might have thought it rude to speak so suddenly after entering a place in silence, as it might have startled those inside. But Alex had never ceased to find amusement in startling people.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:36 pm

Phidias hopped out of the cab, his long coat started to get pounded by the drizzling and thoroughly uninspired rain that descended on the city of Chantilly. Reaching inside he grabbed the long walking staff he used as a walking staff and his focus for the magical ability he worked hard to obtain. As he turned to leave Phidias grunted and grabbed hold of the shiny handle before the cab pulled away, popping the door open again he reached in a pulled out a dusty brown valise.

Slamming the door again Phidias grinned sheepishly at the man, “Sorry, I almost forgot my papers.” The cabby nodded and muttered under his breath, “Warlocks, as loony as they look.” Then gunning the engine and shifting it in gear the Packard super eight and roaring down the cobble street into the gloom of the falling rain.

Pulling the fedora down a little tighter and tucking the valise under his arm, PT made his way rapidly towards the Garrinsburg, the museum affectionately known as the magic repository, or if you were a man of science, the magic suppository. Making his way rapidly towards the steps leading into the hallowed halls of the grand building, PT uttered a small incantation as he stepped in a puddle of water.

“Behold O’ powers of water, I am a follower of the Lord and Lady, Rejoice O Powers of water for I am a believer. For that grant me leave of your nature.”

As he finished the incantation the water seemed to leap off his pant legs, and the water that hit his clothes, no longer seeped in, but rather rolled and fell away towards the wet ground. Finally reaching the steps, PT hopped them two at a time until he managed to light atop the grand landing, exhaling a moment as he caught his breath, PT looked back down the flight of steps, then shaking his head muttered, “I told them they needed to have the steps number the pyramid of the sun, not the moon, damn bureaucrats.”

Shaking himself of the last flicks of rain to help them off his clothes, PT reached for the great door leading inside. Doffing his fedora and slapping it on his coat, PT allowed his eyes to get accustomed to the gloom inside, inhaling he breathed the deep and hoary knowledge that had been amassed here, much of it with his help. Coughing once, a sound that thundered and echoed in the foyer, PT grimaced and shuffled off to the side as if studying a painting of Stonehenge.

Reaching into the pocket of his great coat, he opened the brown and tattered paper that had invited him here, glancing at it again he memorized the room he was suppose to meet with…who? Who was he to meet with? The letter only mentioned the Everstone. Granted that was enough to get him here away from a dig in the Ohio valley, but still it would have been nice to have a name to go with the letter.

Hurrying along, the walking stick clacking soundly on the marble floor as PT made his way through the corridors until he found the room on the paper that had been sent to him, PT paused a moment before entering.

“Hello, Phidias Timothy Glick, Professor of Advanced Magical Archeology at Miskatonic. Sorry I am late.” He said as he breezed inside.
The writer who cares more about words than about characters, action, setting, atmosphere is unlikely to create a vivid and continuous dream; he gets in his own way too much; in his poetic drunkenness, he can't tell the cart- and its cargo- from the horse.
John Gardner

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Contributor Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:41 pm

A small ball of rusty red fur with a large blotch of white stirred in one of the stuffed chairs, slowly unwinding into the formed of a red fox. Bright yellow eyes caught the light from the fire and lamps as the little Vulpini stared at the woman just formed from mist. He blinked, sitting on his hunches and yawned.

“Hello to you too” came a young man’s voice from the fox’s mouth, “And you are?” Derrick Crownguard still watched her, his bright white belly fur bared now, rivaling the white, flag like, tip of his tail. The black socks and ear tips contrasted his belly and tail tip and helped make his red fur seem that richer in color.

His eyes then shifted over the room, to see if his sister was still around or if she had gone off wandering in the museum, maybe to pick up a few babbles like he had, or if anyone else had arrived during his nap. The a man rushed in. The bright yellow orbs looked him up and down, judging if he had anything interesting enough to prove worth of further investigation later on.
Its easy to be brave behind a castle wall
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion
A king's son is no nobler then the food he eats

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:54 pm

"I, my dear foxy friend, am-" Alex stopped in her eloquent greeting to the curled up ball of fur at the sound of a flustered individual entering the room. She grinned, the tips of her pearly fangs showing a bit in excitement, and twisted in the seat to peek over the edge of the back of the chair. Her piercingly blue eyes caught sight of the surprisingly unwet Phidias, and her grin widened.

"Hi, Tim." She greeted, remaining out of his line of sight save for the top of her head and the eye-catching blue gaze. But this was really all that was ever needed to recognize her. "Glad you could make it. I swear, you look younger every year. I hope the road's weren't too rough?"

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:07 pm

Hearing the greeting and the voice, PT looked around the fire lit room and spotted the blue gaze that peered at him, the lower half of the face obfuscated, “ALEX!” PT exploded then caught himself short, a wiry smile across his face, as he made his way towards her, “The roads? Ah yes the roads were fine…Alex, it is good to see you again and I would say the same but you never seem to age do you.” With that quip he winked at her, and then promptly noticed the fuzzy thing on a chair.

“Ahem, I am sorry. Were you in the middle of something? I didn’t mean to intrude I was given a missive and…well you know me I am always a sucker for a good adventure.” PT said apologetically to Alex, bowing slightly as he did so. While in the middle of his bow, the valise slipped from under his arm and a slew of papers spilled on to the floor. Papers full of cribbed notes and illustrations of what he had found in the Ohio Valley dig.

Grunting, he leaned the walking stick on the chair and knelt down and began scooping the papers up and shoving them back in the case, “Sorry… sorry…by the way I have some wonderful news for you, the Ohio valley people held a spectacularly artistic nature based magic and we have discovered a possible pan-Pacific link to the Chinese sorcerers of the pre-yellow king period. It’s fantastic!”

Straightening again he flashed a smile at creased and wrinkled his face in a way that only hinted at the passion the man held for his work. Turning back towards the furry beast, probably a were-creature, but not exactly sure of the species he said, “Alex has helped fund my digs and I am grateful. But I digress; forgive me for butting in your discussions.”

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Contributor Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:36 pm

Alex grinned as PT recognized her, and slid off of the chair to make her way over and greet her old friend. She stifled a laugh as she watched him spread his documents around the floor, quickly bending to help him retrieve them. She nodded and inserted interested "Mmhm"s and "Really!"s every once in a while. It was nice to hear about a friend's success, particularly when she had played a part in creating it. Once his satchel was properly loaded once more, she tugged him to his feet and gave her human companion a quick hug.

"It sounds like you're doing quite well with all that!" She announced with another sparkling grin, clapping the man cheerily on the shoulder as she guided him to a chair. "And I'm glad to hear that you've still got an appetite for good adventures...I have a bit of a request."

And she sat herself back down, beaming like a young girl at show and tell at the two beings in the room. One she knew personally, one she had only heard of. Both she had sent letters to inviting them into the room that evening...but they were not the only ones.

"My name is Alex Lenore. You might have heard of me." She finished briefly to the werefox, casually striking a pose as though she were on display in the museum. "I'm the one that sent for you. But we should be having more guests arrive soon, at least I hope we will. So I'll hold off on the detailed explanations as to why we're all here until they arrive, shall I?"

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tigerz-peace on Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:06 am

An exagerated yawn echoed throughout the room as a distinctly female fox head poked itself through a crack in the door, her blue-black eyes blinking almost boredly.
"That might be an idea. Now, if you'll excuse me for a moment, I really dont like changing with an audience."
Almost as soon as her head had entered the room, it had left, and silence replaced the place she had been. However, within moments a young woman of twenty three was entering the room with a noticeable lope.
Running her fingers through her long auburn hair, Tokala Crownguard dropped onto the chair next to her brother, turning her hand to a fist and rubbing it into Derrick's head cheekily. Flashing a heart-warming smile, Tokala tucked her legs beneath her neatly, resting her chin in her hand, her elbow propped on the cushiony chair.
"Alex Lenore, if I heard correctly? Lovely, Tokala Crownguard, Derricks -" here she paused, rolling her eyes "-younger sister, and partner in... Lets just say partner." Grinning once more, Tokala nudged her brother before turning her attention to a small statue on the table beside her. Eyeing it, she picked it up subtly, turning this way and that, appearing to not listen but being quite intent on any words that followed.
There's Something About...
Tamara Hale... And It Reeks Of

Revenge

tigerz-peace
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aevilesth on Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:25 am

Durahan Faust was relaxing in his marble audience chamber when he ehard the news. His informants all rushed him at once. "Sire! There is an artifact that you must have!" "Sire! This is one you will not soon live down!" "SIre! This one's a REAL good one!"

Durahan sighed and waved off most of the informants. Rumfield stayed. "Well, Rumfield, what is it...?"

Rumfield seemed very excited. "Sire! It is known as the 'Everstone!'" It is said to elongate one's lifespan by an enormous amount!"

Durahan nodded and waved him on to continue.

Rumfield got more excited. "Sire! It is a mystery as to where it is...Nobody knows for sure..."

Durahan leaned forward in his throne and spoke. "It shall be Mine."

Aevilesth
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Selothi on Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:12 am

The rain battered the soil, soaking all without distinction. The earth had partly turned to mud, the air was now cold, the trees swayed under the weight of the water descending from the heavens, their branches bowing down, tipping the water that covered them on the passing Centaurs. Indeed, Thelonius and Blair had been travelling for the best part of a week now, having set off from the Clan's main village many nights ago. Gazing out into the distance, Loner noted what a dismal evening it was, reinforced by the fact that the stoic Centaur to eat refused to eat 'til the pair found shelter.

Really, Thelonius had little idea where he was going, the rumour that some artefact of rejuvenation had been partly discovered had reached his ears during a trip to Chantilly, and now, he felt it was the only way to save his clan. His resolve was slowly diminishing however, as the water seeped through his however water-resilient tweed shirt. They were both soaked, their hooves and legs covered in mud. Their gallop through the countryside had stopped when the storm had struck, forcing them to halt, lest they be covered in a layer of mud as thick as their coat.

Thelonius was rather angry at this time, being deprived, by himself no less, of food and shelter, but the bare countryside offered nothing, save a few sparse trees that wetted them some more rather than anything else. All in all, the trip had been fruitless so far, only enticing him to charge on, forgetting about the foal behind him, to try and reach his goal faster. While Loner had been on a plethora of adventures, the girl that accompanied him was experiencing her first. This made the Centaur even more aware of the dangers they faced. Should anything happen to them, the stoic horse-man would feel that it was all his fault.

Finally, he broke the silence that had lasted during the whole day. Turning his head to her, he asked, his deep and soothing voice contrasting with the patter of the rain falling on the surroundings. "Well, Blair, there's no shelter, save the trees around us. Do you think we should keep on, to miraculously find a stable with dry bedding in it, or do we stop here and do the best we can to stay dry. Nothing we can do about it though, he muttered ... So ?"

Loner had stopped walking, his body now completely turned towards her. He had never quite forgiven himself for having allowed her to tag along, but the fear of the lonely journey ahead, and the fact he had always liked her company made the choice tip in one direction.

Selothi
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Black_Dragon on Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:38 am

Blair shivered softly in the cold, her shirt and body soaked. She had accompanied Thelonius as he left the village, refusing his attempts to make her return. Her curiosity drove her on to follow him on an adventure, and kept her going with him. Her legs ached and trembled softly, her muscles aching with the hard galloping they had been doing, along with her efforts to try and keep up with him. Her stomach ached too, as they had gone without food, trying to make a few extra miles before they would be forced to rest. She wrapped her arms around her waist, and shifted from hoof to hoof uneasily as the thunder rolled through the air. Her legs were covered in mud, causing a dramatic change on her grayish blue coat. It would take awhile to clean her legs off, along with Thelonius'.

They had stopped running by now, and stood near a small patch of trees that offered no shelter in the storm. Lightning crackled through the air, and she crow hopped slightly, and pawed the muddy ground in slight fear. She looked up at him, her blue eyes slightly wide as he spoke.

"Well, Blair, there's no shelter, save the trees around us. Do you think we should keep on, to miraculously find a stable with dry bedding in it, or do we stop here and do the best we can to stay dry. Nothing we can do about it though," he muttered "... So ?" He asked, his soothing and calm move taking off the edge she had on.

She flicked her tail softly, sending a few water droplets off of it, only to have them come back again with the rain. He was fully turned to her, awaiting her answer. She slowly walked closer to him, her hooves slipping slightly in the mud.

"I can't t-think of anyplace u-up ahead that would have sh-shelter............it's a barren c-countryside." She answered, shivering more. "B-But there has to b-be somebody out h-here....or their's b-better shelter up a-ahead." She finished, her pale lips turning a soft blue color.
Image Image Image Image Image
------------------------------------------------
RPs I am in:
When Darkness Falls v.2.0 - Running, Please Join!

Black_Dragon
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Selothi on Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:12 am

"So, we continue on, and hope for that stable with dry bedding, eh ?" mused Thelonius. "Here, take my vest, you look terrible, we definitely need to find shelter, if only for your sake ..." The Centaur was acting as her fatherly figure, as he draped his mildly moist tweed shirt over, contrasting with her lovely coat. "Come on ..." he finished, with a gesture of his hand. He sneezed, and started again, at a quicker pace, crossing his arms over of his chest, the black shirt over it slowly dampening, as Loner tried to keep some heat within himself.

They marched on, nothing in sight, not a soul. These are really barrens, aren't they ... Thelonius was beginning to hate this place, the cold and night not elevating his opinion of it. He was losing hope, and knew that a night in the open, with weather such as this, could be fatal for the poor foal accompanying him, nor very good for him either.

Slowly, ambling on through the storm and night, Loner spotted something in the distance. A flicker. His pace quickened, as the horizon revealed what it had been hiding from them for hours: a lodge. Some type of hunters home. "Quick Blair, gallop to get some heat in your legs, there's shelter ahead !" shouted the Centaur, joy in his voice, as a burst of thunder interrupted him. He charged on, the foal behind, aiming for the door. Only one light was on, a weak candle at the windowsill it seemed. Fortune had favoured them, shone its light upon them. This couldn't have happened at a better time.

Selothi
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kingmonkey+1 on Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:17 am

Joseph leaned back in his chair. Despite the rain, and the darkening sky, he sat on the porch of his country home. The rolling hills were blue in the fading light. He anticipated a storm, sensing the gathering winds and chill. He sipped from his cup, the warm brandy soothing the cold in his bones. He tightened his warm coat.

Behind him, just inside the large cottage, his bodyguards sat idly, this being the one place they felt at ease. The crackling fireplace sent billows of smoke across the rooftop. How different this place was from his regular Manhattan home. How he disliked coming to this bleak place. Yet, his informants had told him of a special gathering. Ms. Alex Lenore, he had heard of by reputation, and of course, Phidias Glick he had met once or twice. Joseph Bell had funded a number of his digs, and he always knew that Glick was a keen man, who always found something worthwhile. The rumours of the Everstone were magnetic enough to draw him from Manhattan to Chantilly. That Glick was involved made Joseph feel sure that the artifact would be found... if it were truly more than legend.

As Bell finished his brandy, he stood and turned to go inside. The sound at his gate caught his attention. He saw two centaurs approaching the guest house from out of the gloom.
I'm a joker, I'm a smoker, I'm a midnight toker, I get my lovin' from your mom.

kingmonkey+1
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Billie_blujean on Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:49 am

Marissa pursed her lips as the cab drove down the dark, wet streets of Chantilly. She hated rain. One could not look pleasant and attractive with one's hair flattened down against her face like a helmet. Sighing, she watched the cab numbers go by and checked her satchel beside her. Notebooks, pens, pencils, and various bits and pieces of information were strewn about inside. She certainly wasn't one for keeping things neat - she only did that when she was sure someone would see them. Putting on her best smile, she turned to the werewolf beside her. "Werewolf, I must ask. You have the camera, correct? And more importantly, it does indeed have film in it?"

Not waiting for an answer, she leaped out of the car when it pulled to a stop, desperate to be accosted by the rain as little as possible. She left her new "photographer" to pay the cabbie, instead rushing to get to the room before she missed anything exciting. Being fashionably late was important, but not as important as getting the scoop on those around her. Her high heels clicking down the hallway, Marissa stopped in front of room number 678 and gave herself a quick once-over. Her skirt was as form fitting as ever - maybe a bit more-so, perhaps she should watch what she ate for the next few days, her silk shirt seemed to have fared fairly well in the rain, and her matching jacket looked exquisite.

Fluffing her hair and setting her lips into a pout, she flung the door open wide and walked into the room as if she owned it, searching for Alexandra. When she caught sight of the woman, she grinned broadly. "Miss Lenore, how wonderful to see you," she called out, as if she were old friends with the woman, "Marissa Carter here. My what a lovely room to hold a meeting in. And how lovely of you to invite me to join you," she stressed these last words, since, well, Alex had done no such thing.
~*~*The insecurity is almost as dire as the actual incidents: Much like democratic presidencies, we live in constant fear, never knowing when the next one will occur*~*

Billie_blujean
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Selothi on Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:53 am

Galloping towards the cottage, his hooves sending a rain of mud to cover his belly, Thelonius felt hope return. Hopefully, the owner, if there was one, would let them stay, or at least give them some shelter. Slowing to a canter, Blair at his side, still shivering, they both arrived at the gate, manned by a well built man. He let them pass, as Loner fully stopped, quickly thanking him.

Walking ever so slowly, the Centaur observed the house, noting the bodyguards. The owner had some status in modern society it seemed. His head quickly darted back to the doorway, where a mildly elderly man was now standing, his silhouette contrasting with the light coming from inside the cottage. Striding towards him, Thelonius tried his best not to look too tired or travel-worn. Sadly, that look would not be lost on the owner, for the Centaurs were both haggard and mud-stained.

"Hello good sir, my friend and I have travelled for well over a week now. The storm caught us by surprise today, and there is no natural shelter in these barrens for us to take cover in. We stumbled upon this, your cottage quite accidentally. I was wondering if you could be kind enough to give us shelter from the rain for the night. We ask nothing else, we have our own food if need be, we just wish for some form of roof over our head to keep us from the water. Your help would be most appreciated ..."

Thelonius stood there, towering over the man, noting all his features. If this weedy man refused, well, the Centaur had no idea how he would react, but it would not be peacefully.

Selothi
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kingmonkey+1 on Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:07 am

Joseph smiled and opened his arms wide. He stepped down off the porch, and into the rain.

"My friends," he said, "you are welcome here. I'm afraid, the house was built for humans and similar sized beings, but we have an excellent, although vacant stable. If you'd like to set up in there for the night, you are welcome. I can have my men start a fire for you, and bring warm blankets and hot food. Does that suit you?"

kingmonkey+1
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sidhefaer on Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:00 pm

Sid blinked rain out of his eyes and tried to make it into the building without tripping and falling on his face. If the rain wasn't enough, he was soaked almost completely through by various cars splashing puddles of muddy rainwater lovingly at him; that, and his cab had dropped him off about two blocks from where he was supposed to be originally. If his directions had told him rightly, Sid was supposed to be standing in front of a brick building around three stories high, not the local post office. So he'd legged it over. Irritably.

The trip to Virginia from New York had been rough enough, but apparently nothing ever came easily. Sid was seriously beginning to wonder if this Everstone thing was even worth it.

Not that he wanted it, not really. But he was journalist and any opportunity to gather up as much information was a welcome one, even though the likelihood of him publishing it was a short-lived notion. He'd kept his nature as a werebeing a secret. So perhaps, he admitted to himself, he was just here for the cliche adventure-ridden thrill of peril or whatever it was those fiction writers did these days. Sid didn't need to remind himself that his reality was becoming more like fiction every day. That was more salt in the wound.

But he did like excitement. It was far from being bored in a boring city.

Ahead of him was a rise of water-slicked gray stone steps and the aforementioned brick building, which looked slightly more intimidating than the directions had led him to believe. The dusky, dreary atmosphere might have contributed to this, mostly because it always did have the eerie feeling that Sid didn't quite like so much. As he walked up to the doors and entered them, he found himself recoiling a little. He, who had once run stupidly though the wilderness of Africa while being chased by a lion, found he quite like that atmosphere a lot better than this dark, disturbing one. Then again, it might have just been his nerves. He was little jumpy anyway.

It was the door number 678, wasn't it? Sid loped down the hall with more than a little trepidation, but when he reached it, it looked about as normal as any old door. He opened it.

"Er, hallo?" He stepped into the room, dripping water and looking just as good as a drowned rat. Still, he gave a small grin and hoped he'd be fine.

Sidhefaer
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Selothi on Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:14 pm

A smile broke over Thelonius' face, finally a human who regarded Centaurs as more than just badly built horses. He moved a step closer, shaking the man's hand. "Thank you, kind sir, I understand that your cottage was made for and by humans, stables will be a luxury compared to the outdoors tonight. And Blair and I have nothing against simple horse bedding. We will gladly accept the hospitality you share with us, and if there is anything we can do for you in return, ask away, we owe you a great deal. Again, thank you sir, it's rare to see men like you, who regard us Centaurs as more than just strange equines." noted a thankful Thelonius.

He turned around to face Blair, still shivering deep inside the coat he’d leant her, as Loner held a smile splayed across his face. "We have shelter for tonight Blair, this man has kindly agreed to let us lodge in his stables." He then placed his hand around her, as they walked towards these, led by a man carrying kindling and fire wood. Fortune had indeed shone on them brightly this day, and Thelonius would not forget this man. Favours such as these were rare nowadays, people growing ever more suspicious as the war grew.

Selothi
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Black_Dragon on Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:24 pm

"So, we continue on, and hope for that stable with dry bedding, eh ?" mused Thelonius. "Here, take my vest, you look terrible, we definitely need to find shelter, if only for your sake ..." Thelonius said.

"A-Are you s-sure?" She asked, but he had draped his coat over her already.

"Come on ..." He finished, gesturing with his hand for them to continue.

She thought she heard him sneeze, but it was drowned out in the rain. She continued on with him, pulling his jacket around him for warmth. Her tail constantly flicked as the lightning flashed, and her hooves repeatedly slipped in the mud. She would be unable to climb a hill in this weather, and would be doomed if they came to one. She marched along slowly with him, her lips a brighter blue now, almost matching her eyes. Her shivering had escalated, and her whole body trembled with each step. She looked at Thelonius as his pace quickened, watching him quietly.

"Quick Blair, gallop to get some heat in your legs, there's shelter ahead !" He shouted.

Despite the cold, Blair smiled softly hearing the joy in the old Centaur's voice. He really was born to lead..........She thought quietly, picking up the pace to a gallop. Her hooves slipped repeatedly, threatening to take her down into the mud, but she continued on, the hope of somewhere warm and dry driving her on.

It was a large lodge, complete with a gate up infront, along with bodyguards. Blair looked at the men, unsure how to react to them. She choose to not meet their gaze, and stuck close to Thelonius, accompanying him as he moved up towards the seemingly owner of the place.

"Hello good sir, my friend and I have travelled for well over a week now. The storm caught us by surprise today, and there is no natural shelter in these barrens for us to take cover in. We stumbled upon this, your cottage quite accidentally. I was wondering if you could be kind enough to give us shelter from the rain for the night. We ask nothing else, we have our own food if need be, we just wish for some form of roof over our head to keep us from the water. Your help would be most appreciated ..." He said towering over the old man in almost a stoic manner.

The man flung his arms wide open, and stepped off the porch to meet them. Blair couldn't help but slightly take a step back at the sudden movement. The owner came out into the rain with them.

"My friends," he said, "you are welcome here. I'm afraid, the house was built for humans and similar sized beings, but we have an excellent, although vacant stable. If you'd like to set up in there for the night, you are welcome. I can have my men start a fire for you, and bring warm blankets and hot food. Does that suit you?" He asked.

Blair remained quiet, waiting for Thelonius to make the decision.

"Thank you, kind sir, I understand that your cottage was made for and by humans, stables will be a luxury compared to the outdoors tonight. And Blair and I have nothing against simple horse bedding. We will gladly accept the hospitality you share with us, and if there is anything we can do for you in return, ask away, we owe you a great deal. Again, thank you sir, it's rare to see men like you, who regard us Centaurs as more than just strange equines." Thelonius answered, shaking the man's hand.

Blair smiled back at Thelonius as he turned to her, the grin across his face.

"We have shelter for tonight Blair, this man has kindly agreed to let us lodge in his stables." He said, and placed his hand around her, leading her to the stables.

She moved closer to him as best as she could without entangling their legs and walked quietly towards the stable.

Black_Dragon
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Selothi on Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:46 pm

Thelonius huddled close to the foal, trying to get some heat into her without tripping. "You look terrible Blair, the fire'll do you some good, I'll ask if we can get you some warm tea or something, if that's alright with you." The man leading them opened a gate, revealing a large stable with fresh and dry bedding. He pushed some of the straw away, forming a large circle of bare stone, as he placed the wood down and started lighting a fire.

Thelonius quickly brought out some flint and started striking at it, helping the man kindle the fire. Soon, a fire was cracking and spitting, its light projecting their distorted shadows on the walls around them. Loner got back up from his "crouching" position, thanking the man who had led them here. "Could you ask the man who greeted us if he could get us some tea or another hot drink, for my friend here, she is very cold." asked the Centaur in his friendliest voice. The man nodded before leaving, closing the gate behind him, as he made his way back to the main dwelling.

Thelonius took his shirt off, squeezing the water out of it over the gate before quickly putting it back on. He still kept his ‘decency’. His eyes drifted to look at Blair, still shivering, though it was far better than a few minutes ago. "I can't believe how lucky we've been, this is a real godsend !" he stated out loud. "How are you faring, you look slightly warmer ... Wait for the blankets and tea, it will help you. Hopefully, we will share our company with the man for a bit. I'd like to talk to him, see want kind of human he is. A very kind one, as we've already seen, but what else ? Hmm ..." he fingered his beard, though he could not feel the rough hair through his thick gloves.

The Centaur lay down on the bedding, rubbing his upper arms as he closed his eyes, focusing on keeping warm for a bit.

Selothi
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!