Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat ā€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

stepfamily [ooc]

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: stepfamily [ooc]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cinderstella on Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:20 pm

I will finish today, I'm sorry! Lost track of time.
Follow my twitter. <3

also, check out my youtube stuff! music & more ;) http://www.youtube.com/user/destinyendearing

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Cinderstella
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RaeRaeButterfly on Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:24 pm

I've just got to write up the background part for her now. (:

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

RaeRaeButterfly
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Havenxxx on Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:37 pm

Fallen, you can change it if you'd like, but if you don't want to it's fine. We could relate it to all of the siblings sharing the trait due to their mother giving them a lot of trust and being at work a lot, so they have time to throw parties and go out.

Okay, Cinderstella. As long as she is done within the next close hours, it's totally fine.

Rae, please edit your punctuation. You have random periods in the middle of sentences and it makes it choppy and difficult to absorb.

Havenxxx
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Havenxxx on Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:42 pm

Name: Jack William Price
Likes: Skateboarding, surfing, snowboarding, pot, alcohol, his friends, headphones, loud music, his bedroom, heavy metal, rock and roll, alternative, rap, the munchies, pretty much all types of food, his momā€™s cooking, hoodies, memories of his dad, reading, BMX, videogames, history class
Dislikes: Parties, people he doesnā€™t know, being judged, the government, war, democrats, religion, being called out, being sick, going to school, waking up early, schedules, monotone voices, his mother being upset, the idea of having a new father, being interrupted, being woken up, anyone who tries to control him, being questioned, people who donā€™t know when to stop talking, people from the Middle East- after his father was killed in 9/11, he hasn't been able to shake the negative appearance of the race
Personality: Jack is generally a quiet kid who prefers to be alone, or with his tight knit of friends than in big crowds of people he barely knows. He is sensitive and hates criticism in any way, shape or form. The idea of people having opinions on him really bothers him, because he doesnā€™t believe that anyone truly understands who he is, so who are they to judge him? Being called out in public is something he despises, as he really dislikes attention in the first place. Jack has a few close friends who he does feel comfortable around, and with them and a few of his siblings, there is a more outspoken, opinionated side that shows. Normally people see an angrier side to him before they see his friendly persona. This involves cursing, throwing things and just being an all-around jackass, but it normally only happens when something really upsets him, like his father being brought up. Marijuana is Jackā€™s best friend, although his mother doesnā€™t know, and Jack would never want her to. He feels the need to protect his mother and help her out in any way, or at least he did while she was single. Her marrying Thomas feels like betrayal to Jack.
Background: Jack was born as the last of five children to Ellen and Steven Price. His childhood was generally a happy one, and his early years were spent surrounded by a closely knit family. Steven coached a t-ball and soccer team for Jack, and encouraged him to make friends, while his mother was the most loving woman you could meet, and never failed to have a delicious meal waiting for her kids when they arrived home from school. Jack was seven-years-old when his father died in the World Trade Center attacks, and although he didnā€™t understand much of the ā€œattackā€ part, he was told that his father lived with God and things would be okay. Well, Jack didnā€™t believe that things would get better and he slowly became detached from the people around him. The wild and obnoxious child slowly became a stranger to Jack, and he found it easier to get along with himself than with other people. School was never much of a challenge for him but he was becoming increasingly disobedient to teachers and others who tried to force him to do things. Team sports no longer interested the boy nor did hanging out with friends. He was a typical troubled child until middle school, where he met three boys who he found the interests of skateboarding and snowboarding in common with, and to this day they are the only people to whom Jack can consider himself a friend to. They were the people who introduced him to marijuana when he was just a seventh-grader, and he instantly became addicted to the numb feeling that it provided him with. Jack didnā€™t want to feel the loss of his father or the emptiness that seemed to consume him. He hid this from his mother, but didnā€™t try to from his older siblings, simply because he knew that many of them tampered with drugs and alcohol as well. Jack has tried to keep a strong connection with his mother throughout his entire life because he had always felt like she needed someone to lean on, but now that she has found Thomas Jack feels nearly replaced.
Appearance: Jack is an average looking kid, standing at five feet and eight inches and weighing nearly one-hundred-thirty pounds. His skin is lightly tanned from spending nearly every summer day surfing, and he has light freckles along his cheeks and the bridge of his nose. His eyes are a shade of brown that is a few shades lighter than the color of his hair, which falls to his ears and is usually left messily under a beanie or baseball cap. Jackā€™s typical attire is shorts or jeans and a t-shirt.
Other: Jack has been using marijuana since he was twelve, but has never used cigarettes or any other type of drugs besides alcohol.
Last edited by Havenxxx on Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:38 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Havenxxx
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Havenxxx on Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:31 pm

Rae, chaotic and Fallen; please finish your profiles by the end of today.

Havenxxx
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jeffrey! on Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:20 pm

Name: David Eric Edwards
Likes: Water, sweets, his friends, fish, science class, cooking, soft colors, American Eagle, most kinds of music, swimming, basketball, being outside.
Dislikes: When his siblings fight, the house being a mess, having nothing to do, people that complain, lying, being alone, when people are angry to him, having unfinished homework, being yelled at, gossip, traffic, having his picture taken, people that do nothing but talk about themselves.

Personality: Generally speaking, David is an nice, some would even say bubbly, guy. He can always be found with a big smile on his face and read to give out a hug if you need one. He's the sort of guy his friends come to when they're sad of just need to vent. David has a bit of a goofy side as well, he loves to make people smile and laugh. He doesn't tell jokes...Often. His jokes are so corny they tend to make you laugh out of pity. He can be a bit of a neat freak at times, though he has to admit he's no where near as bad as some of his siblings. He just hates when things are just a mess and will often help clean if that problem arises. He hates talking bad about people, simply because he knows how badly that can hurt. He would feel terrible if he knew he made somebody feel any kind of negative emotion.

He's a determined individual. Once he sets his mind to a goal, he's gonna do it. That helps him with sports and all the electives he does. He always tries to do his best to make his family proud of him. He craves his father's acceptance above anything else, so he has become a bit of an over-achiever. He's always running on zero fuel because he just does so much. Sometimes he'll get to tired and just snap at someone, then feel terrible about it to the point that he can't sleep. He knows he needs to get things balanced out...Maybe this move is a perfect chance for that.

Background:David was born the younger of a set of twins to Thomas and Katherine Edwards. He grew up as a very happy, well adjusted little boy. He and his mother had always been close and did everything together from cooking to cleaning to simply relaxing. He doesn't remember it but he was extremely jealous of his younger sister when she was born, and even after that. Though his mother continued to spent time with him, it just wasn't the same. As he grew older he grew out of his jealousy. (You know, mostly.) David remembers the day his mother died like it happened just yesterday. It broke him, completely and totally. She was his best friend, he didn't know how to function without her. He quickly found that if he had more to do, he felt a little better. So the nine year old began to work hard at everything, never letting himself have more than just a moment of idle time. If he did. he'd break back down. He didn't want that, he had to be tough and strong.

As he entered junior high, this only got worse. He felt like he was in an entirely different world and buried himself in more sports and school than ever before. The process repeated in high school. He never tried to be cool or anything, he just wanted to keep his mind off of things, and that's how he does it.

Appearance: David is 5'11 and around 150 pounds. He's not the biggest guy in the world, but when he actually slows down enough for you to see him, you'll notice his ear length blond hair and light blue eyes. His best feature is probably his smile, which is more friendly than anything. His skin is light, he doesn't tan, and he can often be seen wearing a ton of sunscreen just to keep from getting a sunburn. He plays a two sports, though swimming is his favorite. That's exactly what he's built for, swimming. He can almost always be found in jeans and a polo shirt or tee-shirt of some kind.

Other:
    David plays basketball and swims any time he can.
    He's been thinking about going into marine biology when he graduates.
    He has been tutoring lately.
    He's on the student counsel, he is (Or rather, was.) Vice President.
    He's gay, know for a while, but is afraid to come out because of what his family may think.
"Cowards die many times before their deaths, the valiant never taste of death but once."

Jeffrey!
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cinderstella on Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:31 pm

Wait, when did Rae's character become the oldest? Why do I not remember this? Sorry, I'll have to rewrite my history... cause it was mostly based around Jordan being the eldest. :-(

Cinderstella
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Havenxxx on Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:37 pm

Havenxxx wrote:RaeRaeButterfly; your character is coming off as a perfect person to me. I know you haven't put up the personality, so it may not be so, but please make sure you stay away from that.

Fallen; I'm going to give you the spot since everything looks good, but once a few more of your character's siblings join, please remember to edit the biography part. Also, would you mind shrinking down the picture a bit? Thanks :D!

DumbDora; Your character looks great. Accepted!

British; Your character looks good so far, but please have her finished within the next day or so.
Haha, it seems as if your character and Fallen's will clash a bit, as her's dislikes clean-freaks and your's seems to be a clean freak xD.

-I'm going to edit the ages a bit, so if anyone wants to change their characters age based on the new ones, please let me know.

I wrote at the bottom of this post ^ that I was changing the available ages, and she took the changed age. If you are done with your history, post it, and since her sixty hour deadline has also passed, her character space is technically up for grabs, so I will just switch the two ages if you want to turn your character into the ninteen-year-old.

Rae, hopefully it is okay that your character is now eighteen.

Havenxxx
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cinderstella on Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:58 pm

I'm done. Sorry if it's kind of sloppy, my brain is goo from all this school work. x_x

Cinderstella
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RaeRaeButterfly on Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:09 am

I've changed her age, I'll edit her soon :)

RaeRaeButterfly
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Havenxxx on Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:21 am

Jeffrey!, you are accepted- sorry, I forgot to mention that before.

It's understandable, Cinderstella :). She is accepted.

Rae, I really need her to be finished by tomorrow afternoon, so please try to get her done by then.

Chaoticsunrise, you too; please try to have your character finished by tomorrow afternoon if possible.

DumbDora, you already posted a great first character so your second one doesn't need to be extensive. I already know that you can write so if you just want to give us a bit of information, that's totally fine. Please try to have him done by tomorrow as well though, because I would like to start by tomorrow night.

I will have mine done by then too :].

Havenxxx
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fallen on Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:37 am

Alright I put up a bio sorry x.x.

Fallen
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Havenxxx on Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:53 am

Looks good :D.

Havenxxx
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jeffrey! on Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:41 pm

I'm in? Awesome!

So, we're (hopefully) Starting tonight?

Jeffrey!
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Havenxxx on Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:37 pm

Yeah, whenever everyone has finished their profiles I will begin the IC post! So, I think we're just waiting on DumbDora and RaeRaeButterfly. I will probably create skeletons for the parents, but I may wait until after the IC, just because I'm excited to get that started.

Havenxxx
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RaeRaeButterfly on Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:41 pm

I'm finished. :)

RaeRaeButterfly
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jeffrey! on Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:47 pm

Cool! I personally can't wait.

Jeffrey!
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DumbDora on Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:57 pm

Sorry, I'm on my phone right now, i'll get it done tonight.

DumbDora
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Havenxxx on Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:33 pm

No problem DumbDora. I posted the IC, so just finish up when you can and once I approve you can post in the IC.

stepfamily-t51714.html

:D! Sorry that the post is so long, but I had to get a lot of the details out of the way. I'm going to post the official rooming list in the first post, and it's going to be totally random (boysxboys, girlsxgirls obviously), but like I'll use one of those random generators on the web to match up the names for room sharing.

Havenxxx
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chaoticsunrise on Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:54 pm

So, Haven.. Am I accepted? O_o;;
ā™„UCTigeretteā™„
ā™„ImagineThat!ā™„
ā™„RaeRaeButterflyā™„
ā™„Musicā™„
ā™„Lavenderā™„
ā™„Aikaā™„
ā™„Nezzeraā™„
ā™„Arikiā™„
ā™„Adriannaā™„
ā™„TƦfarĆ³sā™„
Forces unseen p u l l i n g strings in your heart
Everyone wants to feel safe in the dark.

ā™„OriginalSixā™„

ClickHereIfYouWannaGiveMeLove;;

chaoticsunrise
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!