Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

In the Line of Fire - Out of Character

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

In the Line of Fire - Out of Character

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fractal Resonance on Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:24 am

| In Character | Out of Character | Profiles |

Welcome to the out of character section for "In the Line of Fire," a realistic wartime roleplay. Check out the above links and navigate to the in character section if you're interested in joining, or feel free to post here with any questions or comments concerning the roleplay. Thanks.
Last edited by Fractal Resonance on Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:05 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Fractal Resonance
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: In the Line of Fire - Interest Check

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fuma on Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:15 am

I'd be very interested in this, I would join in for sure.

Sounds like alot of fun.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Fuma
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fractal Resonance on Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:44 am

Good deal, now I just need one or two more people.

Fractal Resonance
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blade_Dancer on Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:57 am

looks to me you need at least six more :D ....I´ll help out if I may...so count me in

one question though....the character profile should be sent here or PM-d to you ?
"I but a simple person have only my dreams, and I´ve stretched those dreams under your feet. Walk carefully because you´re walking on my dreams"

Blade_Dancer
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fractal Resonance on Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:20 pm

Right now it's just an interest check, so no profiles are necessary at all. I only need four people to start, maybe three if I'm desperate. Fireteam two is for late joiners, etc.

Fractal Resonance
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fuma on Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:48 pm

Yeah, hopefully some people will join up soon.

Fuma
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blade_Dancer on Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:08 am

I second that statement =D

Blade_Dancer
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AzricanRepublic on Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:35 am

I'm jumping in! Sounds like a great storyline, because everyone loves to shoot the North Koreans.
Also, seeing as how it's 2012, and there are numerous plans to replace the M16 within the next few years, will firearms/weapons be changed at all?

AzricanRepublic
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal Group Theory Person of Interest Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fractal Resonance on Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:01 am

I'm currently working on doing a quickie basic equipment section, but if there's a firearm you think the USMC will use to replace the M16/M4 by 2012, go for it. I know the OICW is a viable choice by 2012, but right now I'm sort of leaning towards sticking the Ready and Team with the M4 SOPMOD, the Fire with the M249 SAW, and the Assist with the DMR. All of them will be relying on the M9 as a sidearm, though that could probably be changed on a character-to-character basis.

Fractal Resonance
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AzricanRepublic on Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:23 am

Actually, taking into the cancellation of the OICW program due to it's bulkiness, and sheer uselessness in combat, I don't think it would pass any requirements for any Armed Forces, let alone the USMC. Though, you would have to take into account either the 6.8 millimeter M468/R7 Barret, or the Hechler and Koch HK416/417. As for the M249, that will probably remain in the hands of Marines for years to come. Just thought I'd add that little tidbit.

AzricanRepublic
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal Group Theory Person of Interest Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akemi_Idane on Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:06 am

This one looks fun ^.^

I'll join!
ImageImageImage

Akemi_Idane
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fractal Resonance on Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:21 pm

I haven't paid attention to the OICW for a long time, but, yes, I was always wondering why the hell they had a weapon in development you could beat a baby seal to death with in one, swift swing.

As for additional weapons, I'm browsing what the USMC currently employs.

Fractal Resonance
Member for 16 years

Re: In the Line of Fire - Out of Character

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fractal Resonance on Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:44 pm

To save space and not create an additional worthless floating post, I've converted this into the Out of Character thread. The links at the top are now active; you can navigate to the In Character thread from there. Start sending in those profiles. Also, take a look at the equipment section I added, and feel free to suggest improvements before the wheels really start turning.

Fractal Resonance
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blade_Dancer on Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:12 am

OK...but my prewious question stays valid...where to post thoes characters ?

Blade_Dancer
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fractal Resonance on Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:32 am

Send them to me VIA PM.

Fractal Resonance
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fractal Resonance on Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:55 pm

Roleplay officially begins later today or tomorrow, and after I drop the first post, everyone who's submitted a profile is free to start posting. So far, though, only one person has, so, uh, yeah. Is anyone aside from Blade_Dancer (who submitted the only profile aside from my own) who originally posted in here still interested, or...?

Fractal Resonance
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fractal Resonance on Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:18 pm

Due to some scheduling problems, I won't be able to post today. Apologies. Nonetheless, that gives everyone even more time to fill up Fireteam Alpha. Yaaay.

I'll post for sure Wednesday, but if I'm unlucky and my desktop isn't fixed tomorrow, I'll hit the forums Tuesday (tomorrow) and finish my post.

Fractal Resonance
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fractal Resonance on Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:24 am

Bam. It's been posted, stuff happened, sorry it took so long. It was a bit late when I ended, but hopefully it's not too horrid.

Fractal Resonance
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fractal Resonance on Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:03 pm

You're up, Azrican. Blade Dancer is going to be away for the next few days.

Fractal Resonance
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fractal Resonance on Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:37 pm

Waiting one more day for Azrican.

Fractal Resonance
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!