Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Sons of Israel/The Israelites OT RP?

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby eregthejester on Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:35 am

Okay, so I am an avid follower of Christ, totally consumed by and in love with Jesus, hence my favorite book, EVEN ABOVE TOLKIEN'S WORKS (biggie), is the Bible. Being a lover of war stories, I especially love the Old Testament stories of the likes of King David.

Now, here is my musing: I am wondering if there are any other Christians who would be interested in doing a roleplay based around the happenings in the Bible. Like, say, if we did one on the story of David, we would play just fellow Israelis, perhaps the women or soldiers, maybe the children, who are watching their leaders (Saul or David, depending on what time/era it is), and just struggling with everything involved. War and differences or fears about the kingship, different things that happen during the war time or search for a leader- we would be the characters that are effected by it, the people.

Of course, with an RP like this, there would have to be certain rules in play, such as NO GODMODDING GOD! What God says in the RP will be strictly what it says He said in the Bible. So, a touchy but very loveable topic. I'd like to see if anyone is interested? I would prefer Christians mainly because I would expect them to be more respectful to God, and also probably know more about the subject, but I don't mean to offend anyone. Others are also welcome. But that is one major, extremely important rule and requirement in my threads, and that is I don't want anyone cutting down God. I just ask for respectful responses.
Psalm 37 ~~ Delight in Him ~ Delight Him ~~ Psalm 51

If they won't write the kind of books we want to read, we shall have to write them ourselves; but it is very laborious.
~C.S. Lewis to J.R.R. Tolkien
King Raehart is Dead. (IC Still Accepting)
The Leighroi Ballet - IC Still Accepting

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

eregthejester
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: The Sons of Israel/The Israelites OT RP?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Conquerer_Man on Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:19 am

I am interested, to say the least, about how this might play out. Count me in.

Also on another note, Jews would also be good Rpers for an Rp like this.
Practioner of the Free Market

Sometimes, all you'll ever going to find is a spoon.

"Nationalism is the destroyer of nations; patriotism the preserver"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Conquerer_Man
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Person of Interest Lifegiver Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby polaracebear on Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:57 am

I love to roleplay this. In school we had a choir song in the jewism landuage, it was so pretty and makes me want to act the story out.
Count me whenever you start it up. ^_^
there once was a duck. who wanted to be human. because he wanted thumbs
whenever he requested it though, he was told it was a silly reason
so........he ate them all.

polaracebear
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby eregthejester on Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:39 am

Yeah, that's what I was thinking... I guess I just forgot to write that.

Okay, so, great! At least two people! Umm.... do you guys have any ideas of what story to base it around? I automatically think to base it around David because David is my hero, but if you guys have any other ideas that might be easier or perhaps more drawing... I dunno. Do ya? lol.

Just out of curiosity, are you guys Christian or something else? I just am curious to know who I'm talking to. lol.

eregthejester
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Conquerer_Man on Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:49 pm

Fundementalist Christian. I would have to think about what kind of story line we could do with out being blasphimous.

Conquerer_Man
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Person of Interest Lifegiver Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby eregthejester on Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:56 pm

Yeah, when I made this I was thinking of that too, since it is a touchy subject, and I for one cannot stand anything hinting at "blasphemous". (Hence no godmodding God, lol.) I would think just making up our own characters, being just regular Israelites and following stories straight from the Bible would be pretty safe. But usually, when it's time to start role playing, more problems in need of correction surface. So... ideas? We should probably make a list of rules.

EDIT: Hey, guys. Sorry, but I'm leaving the forum for various and personal reasons so I won't be able to make this RP with you, but feel free to go ahead with the idea. Toodle-loo

eregthejester
Member for 15 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!