Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Leighroi Ballet - IC Still Accepting

a topic in Realistic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based on the real world, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby eregthejester on Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:13 am

::Ooc:: If anyone would like to join, just sign up at the OOC Leighroi Ballet thread and come back here and jump in!
--------------------------------
intro
Ladies and gentlemen, the show is about to begin. Please turn off your cell phones and beepers and any electronics on your person. Please remain quiet throughout the performance and enjoy the show! The shifting in the chairs of hundreds of people created a low murmur in the echoing auditorium, overlaid with whispers and final comments. A little girl's voice could be heard over the entire crowd, excitedly saying, "It's starting, Mommy!" The cool air floating down from the air conditioners up high made long sleeves a must, and a light breeze floated past the first few rows as the curtains were drawn open. Lights shown on the stage, illuminating the swirling dust in various colors as a light tune was picked up by the live orchestra. Violin strings sang and hummed as a light clunking was heard on the stage floor. Gentle but strong dancers glided across the floor, their feet, though in hard shoes, the epitome of flexible beauty. Step after step blending into one glorious movement, perfectly matched to the music as these beautiful, invisibly straining dancers perform what they work six days a week to achieve.
--------------------------------

Gael hurried down the long hallway that, aside from the richly colored carpet, blue walls, and half-basin shaped wall lights, would seem like nothing but a boring corridor. But as she opened the last door on the left, classical music flowed out into the hallway. She thought she would be late, but she was one of the first people there. But that only meant that everyone else was running late, because she certainly wasn't punctual.
Setting her stuff on the side and slipping on her shoes, she hurriedly placed herself on the bar and joined in warm-up. Classical music may not be used for everything, but it was certainly the best for warm-up, with even counts and predictable flows. She had a small towel on the bar next to her for when the sweat started pouring buckets, as it always did.
"Plie, releve, grande plie, por de bra back, por de bra forward, second position, plie..." the instructor named the steps as the music progressed and as most of the dancers began to fill in. Gael heard murmurs here and there about a massive car accident. No wonder everyone was late, Gael thought to herself. She lived closer to the studio then a lot of other dancers, so it was obviously farther back then she lived.
They moved onto tendus and she could feel the sticky feeling crawl over her skin as the straining to keep that perfect positioning and posture created those beads of sweat. Even though by now the simple posture was practically automatic for her to get into, it still required physical alertness to keep it up and keep every little muscle in place. But the strain and pain of dancing held nothing in her mind compared to the total joy dance brought her. She wouldn't want to be doing anything else.
Psalm 37 ~~ Delight in Him ~ Delight Him ~~ Psalm 51

If they won't write the kind of books we want to read, we shall have to write them ourselves; but it is very laborious.
~C.S. Lewis to J.R.R. Tolkien
King Raehart is Dead. (IC Still Accepting)

The Sons of Israel/The Israelites OT RP?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

eregthejester
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: The Leighroi Ballet - IC Still Accepting

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Betelgeuse on Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:26 am

Unless you were involved in the aformentioned car crash, it didn't excuse tardiness. Piotr shook his head in mild disgust as the same excuse was regurgitated by each late ballerina, with more and more vehemence the later they entered the studio. You planned your journey to arrive for practice in plenty of time, not just in time. It didn't have to be a car crash: any slight aberration in the traffic would have caused problems, and then it would still be the traffic's fault, not theirs for not making time to account for problems.

Though he had already warmed up (as the first to arrive, and the only one actually on time) he followed the set routine for the arriving ballerinas, deviating from time to time; since he did not dance en pointe, warm ups designed for such were essentially useless. There was no use cooling down again while he waited for them to be ready.

Piotr cast an eye over the studio and sighed. He was beginning to wish he had not volunteered himself for partnering exercises. He had the strength, certainly, but he did not enjoy being the only danseur amidst a flock of ballerinas. It unnerved him, being built for strength while surrounded by dancers whose focus was grace. When the numbers were relatively even, it didn't matter, but on his own he was an eagle to their swan: strong, elegant, but not graceful.

He turned his focus back to the bar with a quiet hiss of irritation. Wandering thoughts left more room for error in exercises and chance injury; he could not afford it. His meanderings were unworthy: self doubt would only do him harm.

Just focus on your exercises, Petya. They are only ballerinas. They won't eat you.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Betelgeuse
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alice.Larson on Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:50 am

((I noticed we didn't have any choreographers so I changed my role a little. Hope its ok))

Justine was sitting toward the front of the stage in the frontal split position stretching out her hamstring. She had her ear buds in as practice had yet to start and was bobbing her head to one of her favorite songs. It certainly wasn't anything your typical ballerina would listen to. There was no pentameter to the music, no interlude or prelude, no subtle whisper of an intro or a booming climax to the song; it was good old fashioned Elvis Presley singing about his blue suede shoes.

But Justine supposed that's why they'd called her in as a student choreographer. She'd dedicated her life to the graceful art of ballet and followed all the basic rules: point your toe, soft hands, elongate your neck, and never look down! But now, having studied a more contemporary style for three years, she'd learned to take the best of the ballet, the ballroom, and the Broadway world and combine them into a whole new art form. And that's exactly what she was here to help teach.
The War has started. Which breed are you? under-the-full-moon-sign-t23770.html

Alice.Larson
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby polaracebear on Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:54 am

Blaine was running down the hallway tripping numerous times. Of course it could be that she was hoping on one foot, trying to get her pointe shoes on. "I'm so late" she whinned and finally flopped into the room landing on the floor "i'm here" she said waving her hands and stood up.

Seeing the instructor eagle eyes she ran forward and started to stretch like everyone else, her hands lay lightly on the bar and when the instructor wasn't looking. going up on pointe. It was her life, without it, her dancing would take a downfall. Looking to her left she saw Gael, a girl she had oftenly wished to talk to but she always seemed busy. Though she was now, Blaine found this was her only chance and waved to the girl

"hi, i'm blaine"
A smile on her face as she did so and leaned forward. This was quiet painful, though not as much for the girl. Every movement she did seemed she put all her effort into it. Blaine only did that for the performance, nothing else, espeicaly not stretching
there once was a duck. who wanted to be human. because he wanted thumbs
whenever he requested it though, he was told it was a silly reason
so........he ate them all.

polaracebear
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XxanexiaxX on Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:56 am

Yuuki walked in a little late...ok maybe alot, she was an entire hour late. Great, now i'm gonna have to hear about it from the rest of these noobs. she thought to herself. She actually didn't think of them that way but since it was her first time at this place, and the ballerinas at her other studio was snooty stuck up...other words she could only base them off of what she had already experienced. She set her bag down and began her warm up. Her Black T-shirt with black short shorts, lime green legging and black leg warmers, made her stick out among all the rest. Her hair was pulled up into a messy half-bun. After plugging in her Ipod she began her stretching, doing her splits then leaning to each side. She quietly sung along to Alice nine.

Haru wa mimi o naidete, natsu wa kami o soyogu, aki no someta iro ni, fuyu ni tachi tsukusu.
Muryoku datta bokura wa, shudan wo sagashiteita, jibun ga tobu dake no, asu e no tsubasa wo

It's calmed her down so she wasn't as nervous about her judgment from the other dancers.
ImageImageImageImageImage

XxanexiaxX
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Angel Pandora on Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:00 pm

"Incidente scopante sanguinante! In ritardo il primo giorno! Ventilatore-scopare-tastic!" Georgiana swore in her native Italian tongue, running along the hallway, trying to get to the rehearsal!

"Stupid, stupid accident! It's not my fault I drove right through the cars before they crashed! Now I'm going to look like a idiota, on my first day! Turning up late to a rehearsal, Signora Devance would be furious! I hope new Madame is not as grumpy!" She muttered to herself. Finally reaching the room, she slipped in, trying her best to be unnoticable as she slipped to the floor to begin her stretches and warm ups.

(OOC! Please excuse my Italian, I'm British, and am most defininately not fluent in Italian. If there are any mistakes, I'm sorry! It's mostly swear words anyway- of course that would be what I remember!)
Love is a serious mental disease~ Plato

The Angel Pandora
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby paralove on Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:15 pm

OOC- okay here goes nothing.

Giselle ran down the freshly waxed floors, I cant believe i'm late she thought to herself. Dropping her pointe shoes and extra practice clothes as she ran. "Ugh why do things like this seem to happen to me." she said aloud, and began to pick up her things.

She finally reached the practice room and before entering she took a deep breath and smiled. She walked in and noticed that they werent that far into the practice, maybe she could sneak in without the instructor noticicing. She went over to the back hiding behind other students trying to get to her place.

"Well...Well... Who do we have here?" The instructor asked coming up behind Giselle "another tardy!" "Lets see your an hour and a half late." She snapped checking her watch. "I'm sorry you see i.." "Dont wanna hear it." the instructor replied putting up her hand for emphasis. "Return to your practice place, at once."

Giselle did as told and walked over to the bar stretching and practicing little dance moves here and there.
It's time she thought.

paralove
Member for 15 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Betelgeuse on Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:44 pm

Another one... seemed no one saw fit to be on time for practice anymore. Why would they? It was only their career and possibly their health on the line if they didn't have adequate practise. Nothing really important.

He sighed quietly. Internal sarcasm really was quite pathetic. His internal voice was beginning to sound like the Madame from his old school: a thin voice, gossiping old woman. Not something he really wanted to be.

Sick to the back teeth of basic exercises- not that he'd admit it aloud- Piotr approached the girl who'd been given creative control of today's practice. While the title "Student Choreographer" didn't bode well in his mind, he chose to give her the benefit of the doubt. She'd either step up to the challenge, or she'd prove herself only as uninspiring as the rest of this tardy troupe.

"I'm sorry, I have not been told your name." His voice was marked by his soft accent. "But I have been told to report to you for today's instruction. I am the danseur requested for the partnering exercises: Piotr Vasilyev."

Betelgeuse
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alice.Larson on Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:13 pm

Justine pulled her earbuds out and smiled and stood from her stretching position. "Justine Allendale. It's nice to me you Piotr," she said smiling and extending a hand. "For now I think we're just going to wait for everyone to arrive." Justine wasn't exactly sure of what to do seeing as she'd been told she was going to assist Madam LeGrange, who also was conveniently missing. "But if you'd like to start working on your waltz steps, I know Madam LeGrange was going to work with ballroom steps today. Mainly our Pas de valse," she suggested.

She could tell Piotr didn't like her from the start. He was either nervous and trying to put up a confident front, or he was like every other dancer she'd met: arrogent, pompous, and completely full of themselves. Either way, she wasn't going to stoop to his level, so she forced a sincere smile and shook his hand firmly showing no sign of intimidation.

Alice.Larson
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Betelgeuse on Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:47 pm

Piotr blinked at her, momentarily lost for words. Pas de valse? Well, that wasn't what he'd been expecting.

"En tournant or straight?" The Russian asked politely. He dearly hoped it was the former. Straight pas de valse was simple; if he had to dance a six hour session of basic pas de valse he would go mad, and that was only if the ballerinas were as versed in it as he was. If there was a need for instruction, they were in trouble. He had to wonder how any ballerina here could possibly have made the troupe without ever encountering pas de valse.

Don't wonder; it's never a good idea. Fate is just waiting for you to call its bluff so it can throw it back in your face. Just do your job: you volunteered for whatever pas de deux work they needed practice with. Even if it's straight pas de valse. If you worry they aren't up to par, then set the standard. Don't moan, don't condescend, just dance your best and bring the same from them.

Betelgeuse
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alice.Larson on Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:55 pm

"Why don't you just have fun with both," Justine said in a light tone. She was trying to be friendly. Realy she was. But his condescending glares and brief tone were really making her job difficult. If only Madame LeGrange would...

"Hello my darlings!" Justine smiled, said a quick prayer of thanks, as the older woman entered the room. she had large shades on, a tweed shall, a pair of yellow rain boots, a purse the size of a dufflebag, and a coffee in one hand. This, was Madame LeGrange. "Woo! Wouldn't you know it, some hot rod mercedes decided to ram the back of his car into my front bumper! Caused such a commotion out there." She set her things on one of the theater seats, pulled her glasses off and looked at them. "Well, well, I suppose you're it. Justine, darling, good to see you again. Well, what are you all waiting for? On the bar, on the bar!"

Alice.Larson
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby eregthejester on Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:38 am

((Ooc, I should point out to you that usually warm-up sessions, if I am correct, are just led by someone calling off the barre routines, not taught; it's usually in a studio, not on a stage; and these are professionals, not students, unless they're interns or noobs. lol. But we'll just go with it and say it's a special session for an introduction to a new kind of modern ballet, led by Justine. I'm not sure how ballroom fits into this... maybe it's just something I don't know. But... Ballet company, a mix of classic and modern... *shrugs* We'll have to discuss in the off topic thread.))

Brought out of her concentration and thoughts, she smiled to the girl called Blaine, and mouthed, "Hello, Blaine. I'm Gael!" From when she was young in her strict ballet school, people got whacked for talking. Blaine was fortunate enough to have a more gracious teacher, apparently. Now as pros, they could talk, though no doubt would be scolded by other dancers if gabbering (which would be a ridiculous consideration). But old habits are hard to break.
As the music went on, so did the warm-ups. Now onto rond de jamb, as her pointed toe drew a half circle on the floor, she glanced over to the student choreographer. Interesting... she thought to herself. She should have been warmed up already and studying the class, not listening to her own music. Bah! Who was she to judge anyone? That irregular behavior was probably part of her reason for being here.
She was still glancing over when Piotr approached the new choreographer. Ah, Piotr... an incredible dancer but the longest nose to look down on others with. She'd known him a good length of time now, them both being in the company for several years. She heard them mention pas de valse. Oh, I hope we're doing that today! she thought to herself. Though a movement learned early on in the first ballet semesters (as long as older than a toddler), it was a wonderful movement, one where you could float across the floor to beautiful music, letting your heart soar....
Her thoughts drifted, despite the always present physical concentration on keeping her lines, maintaining the straightest legs, highest arches, and tightest muscles. Right at that moment, she began to feel that restless urge again, that driving need which made her wish the warm-up and class were over. She wanted to find one of the empty studio rooms, toss on her own music (yes, who was she to judge?), and dance to her heart's desire and body's exhaustion. She hadn't broken loose in a while.... it was about time she did.

eregthejester
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!