Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Not Your Average Heroes (IC)

a topic in Futuristic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in the future of any sort, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: Not Your Average Heroes (IC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kokiri_kat on Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:55 pm

Belle knew Kaden well enough to know he was probably in more pain then he let on, but she also knew that when he said he could handle it, he wasn't lying. Though she sometimes worried for her partner, she knew he wasn't one to be babied.

Kaden's sudden breaking of the window made an obviously loud crashing noise. Belle watched him as he did it without so much as a flinch. By now, the pair had fallen into a sort of routine in which they could guess at each others movements. They had been partners for so long, she was sure nothing Kaden could do would surprise her.

She followed him into the building with the growing excitement that usually came with a new job. The fact that a fight was almost sure to ensue only added to that excitement. Her step was so light that the glass beneath her feet crunched almost inaudibly as she walked through the lobby of the building.

"Hmm . . ." she thought out loud in answer to Kaden's question, "the file suggested she was some sort of big-shot in the company. My guess is that her office would be high up. Why don't we start at the top and work our way down?" she suggested, walking to the elevator and pushing the button with the large arrow that pointed up.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

kokiri_kat
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Lord of Hats on Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:00 pm

Komi raised a single eyebrow as she heard the elevator start to move. It was quiet, but still distinguishable over the slight hum of electronics, the only other sound in the building. She made a few final calculations, and as the elevator edged steadily closer to her office, her slim fingers tapped a few numbers into a program and set it on its course, the numbers slowly ticking down.

She shifted her monitors to the sides of her desk. She had little interest in dramatics, but she knew what stock others set by them. Her elbows resting upon her desk, she intertwined her fingers in front of her face, gazing over them at the digital readout next to the elevator door tick ever higher.

ding

It was true. She could have chosen a much more extravagant office, in a much taller building, with a much better view. Her surroundings were rather humdrum in comparison with her earnings, at least, with her actual earnings. She hadn't chosen this space for looks, though.

An office building that was nigh-indestructible thanks to being constructed as part of a government contractor's experiments with the use of alloys that had been military-restricted only a decade ago was far more valuable to her than mere aesthetics.

As the elevator door opened, Komi's surroundings, save for her immediate vicinity and the globe of water still suspended midair, suddenly became very heavy indeed. But what harm were 6 Gs to trained professionals, anyways?

"Took you long enough."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

The Lord of Hats
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby saranm on Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:01 pm

"Did it now? I thought we were a little early..." Kaden said with a voice that just dripped and oozed sarcasm. He stepped out of the elevator and took in his surroundings, immediately being hit by the pressure that seemed to be affecting everthing but Komi. But, taking an even higher note of the sphere of water as the hydro-phobia induced fear rushed to his brain. However, he kept himself calm, in jobs like this, losing your head meant death. But still, he couldn't help but stare at the sphere, and cringe a bit as the pressure started hitting his brain. He continued talking, through clenched teeth and fear, "By orders of the government, you need to come with us... yadda yadda yah, you probably don't care and wont give up without a fight, right?" It was the same with all of the targets, only rarely did they come by themselves, and those were the few that were innocent, she, was not. The spikes on his knuckles retracted, his brain, telling his body, telling his power, telling the sand, that non-lethal was the way to go.

Kaden kept his distance, and began to say something as the sand began to change forms again "Schild der mächtige Gott, schütze meinen Verbündeten, den Schlag zu dämpfen, entfernen Sie die Schmerzen." The sand from his fist began to expand, forming rings around his fingers as it grew thin but large enough to shade his entire body with room to spare "Defense tactic... indestructible shield." He noticibly cringed again, a shield could only do so much... but it wouldn't affect the pressure. He moved the shield to his left, his face as neutral, as he could make it said "I really, really don't like your power."
Last edited by saranm on Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Sad, terribly sad" said the reader to the writer, "one of the characters in my book died." The writer smiled "I know the feeling, so did mine."

The lifespan of Kirant: Image

saranm
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kokiri_kat on Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:05 am

The elevator made a dinging noise as they reached the top floor. When the doors slid open, they were met with a lone figure behind a desk who was staring in their direction with a satisfied look on her face.

"Damn, looks like that was a good guess," Belle stated, looking toward her partner. She then looked over at Komi and shrugged at the escaped female's words. With her guard up, she step out of the elevator. As soon as she did so, the room seemed to shift, becoming something entirely different than a mere office. Belle's body began to feel progressively heavier. Her limbs began to feel like they had turned into lead, and her neck felt like it was going to snap under the weight of her head. She dropped to the floor, barely holding herself up by her hands and knees. With increased effort, she tried to get back to her feet, but to no avail. She raised her head to meet Komi's eyes with difficulty.

"What the hell are you doing to us?" she spat. Normally a happy, even sometimes shy woman, her temper always rose when she was at a disadvantage.
Last edited by kokiri_kat on Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

kokiri_kat
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Orrin55 on Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:55 pm

"We're a hungry response team." Aeoni replied stopping "But i understand the situation here, We'll wait until they actually show clear intentions of robbing the bank, the moment a gun is drawn Jenna will warp me in and i'll fire off a quick shot." He looked out of the corner of his eyes to check on Dare and grinned "If you wanna run you can, we got things here thanks for your report scout." With that he hung up and nudged Jenna to a hotdog stand "Might as well grab one since we're keeping an eye on theose punks anyway." He said pulling out his wallet to pay.

Orrin55
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ceur'Caelesetos on Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:58 pm

I held my stomach during the phone call. It was growling loudly, multiple person jumping always made me starving hungry. Luckily Aeoni recognized that fact and generally paid for my meals. He liked to be a gentleman. I smiled at this thought right as he gestured me to the nearby hotdog stand. Grinning I casually strolled over to the stand with Aeoni's wad of cash. I bought three jumbo hotdogs for myself and one for Aeoni. He usually didn't eat much, which is probably why he had much more money then I did.

I handed him his hotdog and a few packets of mustard and ketchup and sat down on a nearby bench and began to study the inside of the bank. I wanted this jump to be perfect. Little bit off and we could end up on the wrong end of a barrel. The loud noise of my jump could cause some of the men to panic and pull their triggers.

Ceur'Caelesetos
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Orrin55 on Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:51 pm

"Relax Jenna." Aeoni slide the mustard and ketchup smoothly along the hotdog creating a beautiful line before taking a bite out of it. "Even if you mess up i'll just blink and insure we live, after that it's all up in the air." He glanced around the streets in an attempt to detect if anymore would-be robbers came, and wrapped an arm around Jennas shoulder "We're Heros, we don't die in a flash you know." He snapped his head forward as he noticed movement from the boys. The ringleader motioned them in and entered shortly followed by two others "You can enjoy your hotdogs." Aeoni whispered "I'll take care of everything after you warp us in."

Orrin55
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NotAFlyingToy on Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:09 am

Dare quivered again at Aeoni's mention of allowing him to run. He gave a quick thumbs up to the response team, and started to make his way to the door, his hands pressed firmly against his thighs. He wouldn't lose his cool while he was near the bank. He needed to wait...

The big, bald man suddenly walked in front of him, brushing against him. "Hey, dude. I saw you talking to my friends earlier. You got a sec?" The man said, smiling. Dare looked into his eyes and saw suspicion, even anger. He looked over to Aeoni, in a warning. There might be something happening.

Dare's hand rotated in a full circle, so fast that it was impossible to follow with the naked eye. Dare forced a smile, a bead of sweat rolling down his temple as he tried to stop himself from running. The walls were closing in on him, it seemed. He did not do well indoors; he never had. His proximity to the bank was making him nervous, and now, there was a man in his face, his eyes accusing Dare of so many things, and all he wanted was to get the hell out of this situation.

"Sure. What can I help you with?" Dare said, forcing pleasantry. Now he was apparently a bank manager? He took a deep, quick breath, expanding his lungs as fast as he could. The air tasted of salt and pine, and the man in front of him wore too much cologne. It wafted around him, like a beehive, distracting him. Dare's fist made another blinding, full circle.

The man smiled, showing yellow teeth. Stepping closer to Dare, he placed the gun against his ribs. "You've known what we were up to from the moment we arrived, didn't you? Be cautious. There are more of us then you could know." The man moved closer still, and Dare slid his gaze to Aeoni, quirking an eyebrow. Anytime would be great, buddy.

NotAFlyingToy
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Orrin55 on Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:46 am

Trouble. Aeoni was observent enough to notice Dare's situation, hell he had the basic thug lip reading done, and clearly what the guy metioned was that there were more of them. This added a twist to his plan, he made a mental calculation at the odds and confirmed that the bank robbers would be dealt with first. Seperation was the key here. "Jenna change of plans." He muttered "Your going to have to take care of the three in the store, jump in take them out and if there's more jump out to safety again, i can't confirm how many of them are around, but it's obvious this has escalated to a gang-related crime." The revolvers were in his hands in an instant, but still he stayed and motioned the sign to wait. Silently he watched the bank robbers walk up to the clerks, and with a sudden blink aimed and fired, the rubber bullet smashing into the bald guy's head.

To the world it just appeared like the bald guy was talking, then fainting. Mike made the sign for Dare to go wild and stood, revolvers spinning "Jenna, let's end the parade." He said

Orrin55
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ceur'Caelesetos on Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:20 am

I scarfed down the rest of my last hotdog. Then suddenly in a boom I was gone from the bench and behind the goons.
Two of which were holding their ears the other was knocked out.

Apparently bad earplugs. I lashed out with a nasty kick to the armed one's back of his right knee. I could distinctly hear the noise of his knee coming out of his socket. However I had failed to recognize the other one was armed as well. He had it tucked into the back of his pants. He was pulling it up to aim at me.

I did what first came to mind. I jumped from in front of him to behind him. The double blast of sonic booms went through his ear buds. Causing him to fall to the ground unconscious as well. I began to fall from exhaustion.

"A-oh." I whisper before I hit the ground.

Ceur'Caelesetos
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NotAFlyingToy on Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:58 pm

Dare took a deep breath, and he seemed to vanish in a burst of speed. The indescribable joy of feeling speed, even if it wasn't full speed. His first movement was to grab the unarmed man's gun, plucking it from his grip and tossing it on the ground. Careful to not overwork himself, he then kicked the man in the chest, sending him on his back.

Two more men raised weapons his way, and he hit the floor, scrabbling on all fours towards the two individuals, his speed still activated. He reached them quickly, spinning and delivering a kick to one of their knees. The second aimed his gun, leveling it at Dare's head, and he was forced to roll out of the way as the gun fired, exploding into the marble floors.

Dare zipped around one of the massive stone pillars spread sporadically through the bank to catch his breath and hide. He took a quick peek, realizing that the situation he found himself in wasn't as ideal as he had hoped. One of the two men gave a shout, and a loud crack sounded, followed immediately by a chunk of stone flying off of Dare's meager cover. He swore under his breath. This was going to be tricky.

NotAFlyingToy
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Orrin55 on Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:47 pm

"Well done" Aeoni's calm voice penetrated the chaos as he stepped over Jenna. His face betraying nothing as he fired effectivly halting the two who were pinning Dare down. Another gunshot echoed out from behind and with a blink the hero turned and deflected the bullet aimed at his back. He gave a small tch of frustration as three more entered the bank effectively turning it into a crossfire with Aeoni in the middle blinking furiously to dodge and block the hail of bullets that came his way.

Orrin55
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ceur'Caelesetos on Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:29 pm

Fighting my exhaustion, I grabbed Aeoni's ankle and jumped us outside of the bank. So he wouldn't be in the crossfire. I then shakily stood up. I had jumped a lot in a short amount of time, it wasn't good for me to push myself to much because if I miscalculated I could end up inside a wall. Sense it's too dangerous to test, I have no idea what that would do to my body, or the wall for that matter. Some scientists speculate that it would cause a rather large fusion reaction of my atoms colliding with the atoms of the wall, others think the wall would simply do what the air does when I jump: violently explode but leave me intact.

After I stood I pulled out an adrenaline/protein injection and popped it into my leg. The pain wasn't much, but the sudden erasure of my fatigue was enormous. "A-oh, I'm doing the falcon attack, It'll clear the guys away." I took a deep breath.

Then with a boom I was suddenly in the sky, free falling. The point of this was to build up speed. When I jump my momentum is conserved. Meaning however fast I'm moving when I jump is how fast I'll be moving when I reappear. So jumping out of planes or speeding cars is a bad idea for me.

I watched my watch. I knew after 10 seconds I would be at optimal speed for my falcon attack. I named it such because the Peregrine falcon catches it's prey while moving 320 Km/hour, which is my optimal speed. Once the time had passed, I concentrated on the place I had just been.

To those on the streets it would look as if a speeding car had suddenly ejected me out of the windshield. I was moving at around 98 meters a second or 353 KM/hour. I was moving pretty fast as the displaced air of my jump slammed into the group of men. The wind alone would have knocked them down even If I didn't follow with my legs bent to absorb the impact of my feet slamming into their backs. The men went flying at a much lower speed into the men on the other side of the bank.

I rarely use this attack not only because the severe pain it causes me, but also the fact that more then likely those that recieve the kick will die.

Ceur'Caelesetos
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NotAFlyingToy on Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:52 pm

Dare took a deep breath, and was off, rocketing around the pillar towards the group of men downed by Jenna. Grabbing a discarded gun, he wound his arm up; once, twice, and let the pistol fly, barrelling into the nearest target. With a sickening crunch, the man screamed as the gun broke his rib cage, sending him flat on his back, twitching. Three more men raised their gun barrels, and fired.

As fast as he could without killing himself, Dare tackled the first in the bunch of people, trying to distract them as best as he could from Jenna. He jump-kicked one man, punched another in the face with much more speed than necessary, and dodged a third's attempted blow. His limbs felt heavier and heavier, and he was panting. He needed to get out of this situation, fast.

NotAFlyingToy
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chulance on Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:35 pm

Kor was a lazy fellow, sure he'd had physical training, but he had mental powers. Telepathy was his skill, and he was use to manipulating others. He loved missions with Audrey, her shields allowed him to focus on his powers and improve their skills. Lately he was hanging out in the GHC base, he loved his job and things.

He also enjoyed acting like a couch potato, watching anime/shows on the internet, and playing video-games. One advantage of his job, was he had control of his hours and the GHC agents were very nice. He was watching an anime called Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann and was on episode 11 currently, it was an epic anime and he was enjoying it a lot. For the past five days he'd done nothing but relax, and do research on criminals and their activities. Thanks to GHC, criminal activity was going down. He was finished up the episode, a bag of lays potato chips, and a sprite when his phone began to ring. He looked down another call from Audrey.

Her power was great, she as powerful. Him he had to focus his mind, and relax. He sighed and went to his GHC lap-top. He looked at and did some research for a few minutes. There was some gang activity in Downtown Atlanta, he shrugged and called Audrey.
Have you ever dreamed of being extraordinary, being able to wield a super-human ability? Tissue Regeneration, Teleportation, Electricity Manipulation? What If I told you could, the way to obtain these abilities is simple. Click the Links.
OOC:http://www.roleplaygateway.com/heroes-heroes-villains-t29924.html
IC:http://www.roleplaygateway.com/heroes-heroes-villains-t29956.html

Chulance
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Orrin55 on Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:52 pm

Too many, Aeoni swore long and hard, too many fucking robbers here, and he couldn't have lunch because of them. He fired driving the three men away from Dare and into cover, after the first barrage he blinked and reloaded then began to walk forward. Gunfire erupted towards him as he walked blinking on the way, one unlucky guy popped his head out to see what was happening. A bullet to the head took care of him. He coninued on until, unnerved, the others charged each falling to Aeoni's bullets.

With silence reigning the bank now Aeoni sighed and turned to the others "Let's take these dumbasses in shall we?" he said.

Orrin55
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby saranm on Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:04 pm

((I truly am sorry about the hiatus, Hat Man had to leave, and I was having trouble posting as his character, even now, after trying oh-so-many angles, I don't think I really have it.))

Komi looked at them with certain amusement in her eyes, apparently they had come unprepared, and both parties knew it was true. Kaden kept the shield up, and began to circle Komi, eyes still focused on the orb of water. Suddenly her eyes met his, she smiled, and the orb flung itself at Kaden. He put up the shield, trying to get maximum coverage for the orb of death for him, a bad hair day for anyone else. The orb struck the shield, and drops of it flew over and landed on his head. Immediately, his shield fell apart, as he lost his concentration and fell to the ground screaming obscenities.

Komi's smile remained for a few moment, before she to, fell to the ground, screaming in pain, the headaches had gotten to her. Kaden took a break from his cursing, and looked over at Belle "Bag her damn it, quick!"

Somewhere, in a top security office building, a man was listening to them, via the security camera's in the office building. He was smiling, and thinking aloud said "Those two might just ease one of the companies burdens..." His smile quickly turned into a frown however, deciding that he shouldn't take any chances. He pushed a button under his desk, and spoke, "Send a SUPER... just in case." He took his finger off of the button, and was silent for a moment, before pushing the button again, "Liquidate everyone."

saranm
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby theforsakensoul on Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:02 pm

Today was supposed to be an ordinary day Sean told himself.No getting dragged in to pointless fights with other supers,or killing any "heroes".Yet today would seem impossible to refuse that impulse.He had been walking past a bank walking to his temporary residence.When he saw somethiong that caught his eyes.A few heroes thwarting a simple bank roberry.Yet killing heroes was what he did.Well that what a villan did, and since he was a self proclamed villan.Sean might as well have allowed himself into the fray.Dropping the bag of eggs he was holding Sean turned.Approaching the entrance to the bank.Gathering all the water in the air he could without tiring.Probably would need every last drop.He hadn't killed a hero in a while though that one could only hear well.Making the struggle boring.Thinking for a second Sean decided he would kill everyone in the building.

theforsakensoul
Member for 14 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!