Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat β€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Monsters Among Men- OOC

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Monsters Among Men- OOC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Keikeiya on Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:29 pm

β€œMen have brought evil to the world, allowing darkness
to crawl into our hearts, and she is the result of what
lies beneath. This she-creature of grotesque origins, and it is us,
we, who have brought monsters among men.” -Cyrod, 4th Age

The following are the gory excerpts from the journal of a man named Askia. The pages are worn and spattered with aged blood. The text has proven difficult to read, however you manage to decipher most of the entries.

Entry Number 23. 4th Age of Asirin. The 17th day.
The headmaster has granted the students of the Arcadium University to progress further in the studies of black magic. I am among the small group of selected intellects to begin investigating the dark arts to its furthest extent. A fellow student named Vanessa volunteered to be amongst the first test subjects in hopes to further her own knowledge. I and the other professor have promised the headmaster that no harm shall come to her.

Entry Number 24. 4th Age of Asirin. The 23rd day.
The gods have blessed us upon us this day! Success has proven difficult to obtain, but through Vanessa's sheer will and my endless nights of study, our ritual was completed. We are alerting the head master to review our results.

Entry Number 25. 4th Age of Asirin. The 25th day.
How could we be so blind! Our success is now failure. The headmaster is furious, and has ceased our study immediately. Vanessa is deteriorating rapidly. There are obvious changes to appearance, as well as slowing cognition of the mind. She is prone to outbursts of rage, and speaks in primal growls and shrieks rather than words. We are doing our best to reverse the ritual, but has so far only proven to hasten the transformation.

Entry Number 26. 4th Age of Asirin. The 27th day.
The entry is covered in blood and impossible to read.

Entry Number 27. 4th Age of Asirin. The 28th day.
Vanessa has been relocated to--the next few sentences have faded and have become illegible--ordered to slay her. However I different intentions. With a small group of students I intend to finish what we have begun.

Entry Number 28. 4th Age of Asirin. The 29th day.
Vanessa has completely turned...into something beyond understanding and description. Her screaming only ceases when she is fed venison. While butchering a deer, a student nicked his finger with the knife. Vanessa likely smelt the fresh blood and became enraged, breaking from her bindings and attacked. She began to devour him alive. His screaming is still pounding in my head.

Entry Number 29. 4th Age of Asirin. The 1st day.
I feed her the villagers from above, while we hide underground. They are frightened but do not leave. I have pampered her like a queen. She is hungry, always hungry. With each meal she has grown in grotesque manners. The students are afraid, they wish to leave. I cannot grant them that wish. I must finish my studies.

Entry Number 30. 4th Age of Asirin. The 5th day.
From her belly spewed spawn. Children from the Queen. They managed to devour most of the students, but I saved a few by enacting a barrier. I wonder now if I was wrong. The screaming had become a dirge in which I am forced to listen. My only wish is to shut her up. I will kill her tonight. It is time to end my Queen.

Entry Number 31, 4th Age of Asirin. The 6th day. She sings to me, a painful song. I feed her constantly. My students are bone, the women and children dead. No one left in this pit for breeding...

Untitled Entry-
The last entry is caked in blood, almost impossible to read. You make out what you can.
The Queen wishes food. I am the only one left. I was wrong. I need to save---Gods help me---blood ritual---shield last for ages---she comes.

β€’Plot

You live here on Rithoreyn, a vibrant land which is a sister continent to Firithia across a large glittering ocean. However, your home and everything you love is under a twisted threat. The Queen: a terrifying monster which was sealed with a blood ritual to remain underground. She waited patiently for the barrier in which Askia sealed her to dissipate. Now, almost 1000 years later marking a new age, it has. Worst of all, she has begun to breed in large numbers. Is she is a conscious creature trying to wreak destruction upon those who changed her and had forgotten, or is she simply a ravenous beast with an undying hunger for flesh. This is up to you. But regardless of what you believe, it is very clear: she has the power to devour all life.

A small village called Armsworth has attracted a little attention. On several occasions in the middle of the night numerous villagers have simply disappeared. There is no evidence to suggest where they had gone, and only until now have the citizens have turned to fear. You are entirely unaware of The Queen’s very existence. The real question is: who was?

You have taken a place in Armsworth, whether you live there, are investigating the missing people, or are just stopping by for supplies…it does not matter. What does matter though, it you will likely not leave the village without a scar or two.

β€’Rules, yeah the boring stuff

1.I will have no form of godmodding, this includes but is not limited to
a.Auto-hitting and forcing damage
b.Meta-gaming
c.Ignoring damage

2.Literacy please
3.No one liner posts
4.Cursing is allowed. Tastefully please.
5.Romance is encouraged, but if you go too far take it to the PMs. This means pg-13.
6.I am your GM, therefore I will enforce the rules however I see fit. If you have a problem, bring it to me.
7.Post at least in minimum once every 2 days. If you are going to be gone, let me know. If you are going to drop, tell me.
8. I have the full intention of this being a long term role-play, so therefore when you join I hope you are in full awareness of this. If it gets boring, then you the writer are tasked with making it unboring!
10.You are going to have fun. You don’t have a choice. DO IT!
11. Once approved, you may post your character sheet in the Information Thread. You are then welcome to post in the IC.
12. You may have 2 characters maximum.
13. You will at least look once at the Information Thread, linked at the bottom of this post.
14. OOC is to stay in the OOC. Don’t interrupt the In Character thread with it.

15. Your character profiles should be PMed to me so I may review them accordingly. If there is a problem with the PM system, or something occurs unexpectedly, let me know and we can work something out.

β€’Character Sheets

First Name: Your characters first name.
Last Name: Your characters last name.
Age: How old is your character? If you are not playing human, you need to put in your real age, and an 'appears as' age. See Information Page for details. Its linked at the bottom of the first post.

Race: For a list of races, see Information Page for Details. Its linked at the bottom of this post.

Weaponry: If you have a 95ft battle axe that can wipe out the entire army within seconds, I don’t want to read it. Realistic! Key words here :D But feel free to be creative! Read bellow for further instruction.
Magic: A rather touchy subject, but how can I not add this? Explain what you can overall accomplish. If you’re an absolutely amazing fighter, spells to a minimum. If your character relies on spells rather than a blade, keep a good amount of magic handy. You can also balance these out nicely. But if you play Mr.All-Mighty-Badass Magic Man, you better convince me you have Gandalf status. Just like it takes stamina to swing a sword, it takes mana to cast spells.

Appearance: A description or image of your character.

Personality: How does your character act within society?
Back story: What has happened to your character in the past? Here you can describe more about your characters reactions and feelings, plus an awesome story. Whatever you want.

Extra: Anything else we need to know.

---------------------------------------------------

Important Links

In Character

Information Thread/Character Sheets- READ THIS! It will contain information on setting, as well as races, and furthermore approved character sheets.

Sword of the Abandoned- Other similar or interesting roleplays.
Last edited by Keikeiya on Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Keikeiya
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Monsters Among Men- OOC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ghaarme on Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:54 pm

:O......omfg so in this. Character sheet INCOMING!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ghaarme
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zenatsu on Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:51 pm

I'm in shit shit too, In fact i co-created this :D!

yay me and my influences in awesome ideas!
β€œMan can live with about forty days without food, about three days without water, about eight minutes without air, but only for one second without hope.”

Zenatsu
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zenatsu on Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:59 pm

Mmm double post

Cant wait for more players to join in >.>

Zenatsu
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Keikeiya on Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:37 pm

The RP is apposed to start tongiht, but I doubt I could get a post up in time. :)

We'll just wait another day for possible sheets.

Keikeiya
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PhoenixAerith on Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:04 pm

(: I'll be happy to join! This looks really awesome! o . o Do we just post character sheets with the other posts?

PhoenixAerith
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Keikeiya on Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:06 pm

Read the rules as stated above, as well as the information thread link.

PM me, and read the information thread.

Keikeiya
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PhoenixAerith on Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:09 pm

Oooh.. sorry, I missed that entire part. ^ ^;

PhoenixAerith
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ghaarme on Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:20 pm

Muahaahaha! Fear my acceptance and bow before my dark skinned elf!

Ghaarme
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Orrin55 on Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:01 pm

XD say hello to my little friend!

Orrin55
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zenatsu on Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:58 am

>.> This is the competition?

man...

Zenatsu
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PhoenixAerith on Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:29 pm

o . o When are we starting?

PhoenixAerith
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zenatsu on Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:37 pm

I'll talk to keikeiya when she will start it, she was gone this weekend with some family, her other RP was affect as well

Zenatsu
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PhoenixAerith on Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:12 pm

Oh, okay. xD Can't wait to start. :)

PhoenixAerith
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Keikeiya on Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:42 pm

Eeep. Writing a post as we speak.

Keikeiya
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Keikeiya on Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:54 pm

The In Character is posted above in my first post. :)

Keikeiya
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zenatsu on Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:15 pm

for you lazy people like myself

you'll click me because your lazy!
Last edited by Zenatsu on Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zenatsu
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ghaarme on Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:28 pm

> 3< posted~

I luff mah elfy already. And thanks for creating another epic RP Kei :U omnomnom

Ghaarme
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:29 pm

Interesting, are you still accepting more characters?
Its easy to be brave behind a castle wall
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion
A king's son is no nobler then the food he eats

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zenatsu on Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:36 pm

Irish Wolf wrote:Interesting, are you still accepting more characters?

Yes, please read the information page, and follow the rules accordingly, I wont tell you what you need to do because you will find out if you read :)

@Ghaa:

Hey! I take 1/8 credit for helping her create the intro, and getting this whole thing started!

Zenatsu
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!