Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Soulies

Soulies

a part of “Soulies”, a fictional universe by chinaji.

A self-sanctuary, though, out of ones body. Such a beautiful place. Will reality become empty as more enter this illusion? [Dead]

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Soulies”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Soulies

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chinaji on Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:25 am

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Soulies"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

chinaji
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Soulies

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby catherinebutcher on Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:05 pm

Hiyaa, This soryline does sound awesome. I am just wandering, how oftern are people in the reality world? Do people still have jobs, houses, keep up family relationships etc? Obviously if they havent been killed...

Catherine x

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

catherinebutcher
Member for 14 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KrazyTigger on Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:44 pm

I think the plot to this is absolutely brilliant! Just a few questions on my part, in addition to those that Catherine has already asked.
Is everyone addicted to the Soulies or can some resist them? (Not that I intend to have my character completely resisting in the slightest.)
Also, are people starting to attempt to create a resistance against the Soulies, or is the remaining population just trying to use them less than they were before?
Anyway, you can count on me being a part of this roleplay! :)

KrazyTigger
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby catherinebutcher on Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:47 pm

Another thing that has occured to me is time scale? How long has it been since the Soulies started killing people? If you are born after the company shut down can you still aquire a Soulie? Pehaps from a family member?
Thankyou, I am very excited about taking part!

catherinebutcher
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chinaji on Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:36 pm

I am so sorry about this guys. Please forgive me!

Catherine: The time that people are in reality is dependent on how far their soul is already in their Soulie. Before becoming totally immersed into their Soulie, it could be said that they spend a relatively normal time doing things such as socializing and working. Jobs are rare with the dying population, but are still available in more crowded cities. As for the time, it is only a few years since they stopped production, but there are still plenty out and around as they were all produced in surplus. It is impossible to reuse a Soulie that had belonged to someone else.

Tigger: Soulies are, in a way, highly addictive. There is always a degree of resistance from everyone, but some are just born with more and some will fall to it's addictive nature quite quickly. The remaining population are only trying to use them less and hopefully break away from them. It would be alright if you were to create a character that had already broken away from his/her Soulie.

And thank you so much for the compliments guys. Again, I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooooo sorry about not being active with this! If you have any other questions at all, just ask away.

chinaji
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KrazyTigger on Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:32 am

It's ok! Ok, I think I understnad all of that now. Just one more question from me, not sure if Catherine has some more, but when they're in their own paradise, how much time will have passed in the reality world? Because surely if they're stood in the reality world, staring into space for hours, it might be a bit odd. Just a thought! :)
I do really like this plot though! I'm looking forwards to it and I'm going to start my character as soon as I can.

KrazyTigger
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chinaji on Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:14 am

Alright, your free to start whenever it suits you. I'll jump in to GM anything when it seems like the right time.

When you use a soulie, you would look like your sleeping. Eyes closed an all.

chinaji
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby catherinebutcher on Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:06 pm

I just wandered - and its upto as your the boss =D - what if ... Like the People just sort of day dreamed or, you know just slept like you said... But only seconds or whatever pass in the real world but you could of been in paradise for a week? Its just an idea :)

Also I wanted to ask your permission for my character to have a child, and for me to controll it. Though it would only be a toddler? What do you think? Thankyou x

catherinebutcher
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chinaji on Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:33 pm

That, Catherine, is an excellent idea. It would be as simple seconds would be quite the effect on the mind of the human's reality though, if you know what I'm trying to say.

Try anything you would like. I've never really started any RP before so feel free as I try to get a feel for this all.

chinaji
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby solamente_mismo on Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:28 am

Hey, you might count me in too. this roleplay sounds quite interesting, and I'm anxious to get in to a good one that doesn't die off after a couple posts. this sounds like it might keep up for a little bit. but yeah, count me in, if you're going through with it.
._.
( ^ carlantrus from pokestadium.com.)

solamente_mismo
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Edelle on Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:25 pm

This sound really cool and interesting, but I'm wondering if it's still going to happen. I'm sure it's not too late, it's generated some interest. If you're continuing this, Chinaji, I will most certainly join!
*Poofs away into a cloud of purple smoke*
You can't spell neurotic
without erotic.

Edelle
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!