Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Exodus

Exodus

a part of “Exodus”, a fictional universe by VarietyBlack.

When a world ends, what becomes of the survivors?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Exodus”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Exodus

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VarietyBlack on Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:49 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Exodus"

As it states in the "Rules" section of the first tab, "Exodus" is supposed to be a tale of the human spirit, be it in a time of triumph or downfall. It is designed to deal with the emotional impact the near loss of our species has on those that survived, and the impact of actual survival.

In short, this is not your typical "action" RP, nor is it your typical "romance" RP. It is not your typical "fantasy" RP, nor is it your typical "Sci-Fi" RP.

Exodus is your not-so-typical "human" RP, and of that almost unique quality, I am proud.

Therefore, I ask for people crazy enough to undertake this emotional task and bring to life those lucky enough to survive the end of the world.
"It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness." - Chinese Proverb

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

VarietyBlack
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Exodus

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby United We Stand on Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:00 am

Sounds interesting to say the least. I'm assuming we're going to be designing characters with no outstanding traits except what a normal person would have, correct? No random radiation enhancements etc?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

United We Stand
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Thorait on Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:28 am

I have interest in this role play but could I play a not human creature wishing to destroy the arks to claim whats left?

Thorait
Member for 14 years
Promethean Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VarietyBlack on Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:11 pm

@United: Correct. No outstanding or outlandish traits. Human as can be given the circumstances.

@Thorait: As I stated before, this isn't meant to be a typical Sci-Fi / Action RP. It's supposed to take a look at the human spirit under the most powerful of pressures. Perhaps in the future it could take on more mainstream fictional elements, but in the beginning I would like for it to focus on the situation's effects on the human psyche.

VarietyBlack
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Atheistic Religion on Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:40 pm

I'm kinda new to this roleplaying thing. When does the role playing start?

Atheistic Religion
Member for 13 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VarietyBlack on Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:24 pm

There are still some things I'm working on, in regards to the RP. I'm still working on developing a basic character skeleton, an eventual end to the plot, recruiting more players... There's still a lot of preliminary stuff to be done. Should your character be accepted, I will message you when it comes time to start.

VarietyBlack
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ParanoiaxRickxx on Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:01 pm

I love this. I submitted a character but will edit when any changes come to the character skeleton.

Anyway, I have a few questions about character relationships. How do those work? Are we going to set those up while OOC and then play them out in the roleplay, or are we just going to let them happen? I don't know what the site's rules are on this, but how far is intimacy allowed to go? In sexual scenes, if any, would we just timeskip to after the characters take care of business?

Thanks.

ParanoiaxRickxx
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VarietyBlack on Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:23 pm

Character relationships really have no limitations placed on them as to how they are to be coordinated; you may plan them out ahead of time, or simply see where the roleplay takes you.

On the subject of... eh hem... intimacy, we most certainly will timeskip them. There is a certain extent you are allowed to take it to(per the site's rules), and they usually draw the line once descriptive adjectives are used. Basically, kiss and touch a bit, but no graphic detail.

VarietyBlack
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby starshine on Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:19 pm

This sounds awesome. I'm definitely going to submit a character.

starshine
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VarietyBlack on Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:26 pm

Much appreciated! I'm glad it hasn't completely fallen from grace! Still collecting participants!

And please don't be angry, but... "Good [evening], Starshine! The Earth says, 'Hello!'"

VarietyBlack
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ParanoiaxRickxx on Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:43 pm

Thanks ^_^ and one more question- I noticed you posted a character skeleton, but most everything was included in what I submitted (with the exception of one or two things). If I don't follow the format exactly but still include the necessary information, is that alright?

ParanoiaxRickxx
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VarietyBlack on Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:50 pm

That's fine. Just make sure it's clear and all the criteria are met.

VarietyBlack
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VarietyBlack on Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:47 pm

Not exactly the turn-out I had expected...

VarietyBlack
Member for 13 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!