Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Mechanophage: The Nextgen Infection

Mechanophage: The Nextgen Infection

a part of “Mechanophage: The Nextgen Infection”, a fictional universe by mechanimated.

Chathair Tús Nua, the City of New Beginnings. Once upon a time, it was a haven bringing together technology and magic. Now its once-floating ruins are home to a deadly secret that has been sealed away for centuries.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Mechanophage: The Nextgen Infection”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Mechanophage: The Nextgen Infection

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:36 pm

Still no sign of Crooked....vacation hopefully. I will still let 7 and Milk post with moving their characters forward.

Mostly just a ping to say...still here.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Contributor Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MilkHoney on Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:03 pm

@SkullsandSlippers: How dependent is your next post on CT? Milo threw the key at Illyn, if you want to work off that in the meantime. I wish CT was here. We definitely centered this sequence around the wolf leading the survivors to safety.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

MilkHoney
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:51 pm

Well, we had a whole thing worked out. Milo threw the key the idea was that she was going to be let go by CT's wolf and the key would be lost.

I will work around it if need be. Going to let 7 post in response to what is going on and after that if Crooked is still MIA then I will come up with something.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Contributor Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 7achary on Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:07 pm

I will most likely post between Wed and Fri this week.

7achary
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MilkHoney on Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:06 am

@SkullsandSlippers: We might want to talk about Plan B. Puppy to the rescue doesn't work if a certain someone isn't around (that's right CT, the wolf has been demoted to a mutt until you show). Well shit. That key better not be lost lost. Cammara kinda still is attached to a manacle and Illyn is bound hand and foot. We got a lockpick anywhere? Never mind. I'm sure she could get out of it on her own eventually, provided that girl finds the time before she gets rehydrated. How do you feel about a rescue by someone with slightly compromised morality who has every intention of feeding Illyn to the wolf or a Scavenger, should she need a meat shield? :)

@7achary: Yay! Part 2 of my gratuitous violence favorite! Cammara really needs to learn to have a greater appreciation for Gozer. I think she's still bitter about the food stealing. And the fact he makes her feel like a twig about to be snapped. Somehow I don't think she's going to get over it anytime soon. Well, I like Gozer anyway. I especially liked that last smile. Did I mention that? I might've. It was definitely the cherry on top.

@Mech: Don't think I forgot you were here. Any comments? You are being uncharacteristically quiet. Don't you go disappearing too.
Last edited by MilkHoney on Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

MilkHoney
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:18 am

Well, I was already thinking I need a plan B. The key was to be "lost" lost in Crooked's post. For now it has simply been tossed at her. After 7 posts (Yeah 7!) I will come up with my plan B. I am also open to discussing her being helped/rescued by someone else, no matter their intentions lol.

Edit: Has anyone tried pming Crooked? I know he hasn't logged in but maybe an email will have him at least let us know if he is alright?

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MilkHoney on Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:44 am

@S&S: I volunteer Cammara. It'll give a great opportunity for her to find out Milo released Gozer. We established somewhere in page 2-3 of the OOC some policies for no-shows and delayed shows, so CT is protected in case he returns later. I vote we continue as if the wolf is a roadblock that isn't going to move. I also volunteer Milo. The man seems to have some sort of misplaced knight complex.
Considering this has been my summer of road trips, I'm not adverse to the idea of banging on his door and finding out. Let's both try the pms first though. Hunting him down from profile information should be a last resort. A Google search would suggest there wasn't a local tragedy, but I do know someone who could do an obituary search. Morbid, I know, but I come by it naturally and it's way too hard to hide it. Plus, if he's dead, I won't hold him responsible for posting a reply. I'm very fair about those sorts of things.

EDIT: PM sent. Now to wait for a reply. Patience was my virtue in May and June. It has since curled up and died.

MilkHoney
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:37 pm

Well I am all for anything at this point. Give it a day? See if Crooked checks his pm's and 7 will be posting at some point.

I hear you on the patience thing and all my roleplays are waiting on people who are not me to post...

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 7achary on Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:44 am

I am posting tomorrow. Sorry for the delay.

7achary
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 7achary on Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:24 am

I was called into work. I will have a most glorious post for this most glorious thread on the morrow.

7achary
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MilkHoney on Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:06 am

Provided there is a most glorious post, please forgive if there is... a delay... in my appreciation. Next four days I'll be away, and while I probably would have no difficulty getting WiFi in the middle of a state park in the middle of Nowhere, it would sorely defeat the purpose of renting a primitive campsite in the middle of a state park in the middle of Nowhere.

MilkHoney
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:28 pm

Alright, no sign of Crooked and no post from 7. I will have something done by the end of the long weekend and I hope this isn't dead.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 7achary on Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:04 pm

Sorry guys, my life is like a roller coast that only goes down. I will post as soon as I am able.

7achary
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MilkHoney on Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:08 pm

Um, where's Mech?

MilkHoney
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:11 pm

No idea but I hope Mech is still around.

No worries 7. Not like we are posting so quickly that no one can keep up :P

No sign of Crooked :(

Now, I posted...it is rough and I tried not to ignore the wolf but I need to get Illyn with everyone else so that I am not reliant on Crooked. Apologies in advance because I know it isn't stellar but here's hoping we can keep things moving from here on out.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MilkHoney on Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:08 pm

SkullsandSlippers wrote:
No worries 7. Not like we are posting so quickly that no one can keep up :P

Ain't it the truth. This group makes me laugh, so it's always worth the wait.

7achary, I hope that roller coaster ride is on its way back up. Or that it allows you to get off and stretch your legs and recover from the nausea and terror before returning to the long, long line where you do more waiting and recovery until you begin to die of boredom and come here instead and contribute to the fibrillating game.

No response from CT. Still hasn't logged in. I'm going to try again, but I'm not even sure if he's set up for email notifications.

Mech, if you don't show, you're next. This is too good for folks to be disappearing. Plus, you created this, gotta take responsibility.

@S&S: If you really don't like it that much, you have plenty of time to edit, but I think it is decent. I enjoyed seeing Milo and Cammara from another perspective. The writing isn't showing the stress of working around a missing character and the shift away from the predetermined escape. It is natural. Quite good. I was surprised that Illyn came up with "Nemen would want me to live" instead of delving into survivors guilt, but if characters did what I expected them to, I'd be bored.

MilkHoney
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:23 pm

I...well....MilkHoney that has to be the most detailed, matter of fact and objective review of writing I have ever received. Thank you.

I didn't want to to the typical survivor's guilt. Been done and frankly she is viewing things sort of "outside" herself so I didn't think internal guilt made sense.

I may go back and edit things I feel are rough or I may leave it depending on my time and of course whether or not things move forward....

Hey MilkHoney...you wouldn't be interesting in joining another game would you? PM me if you are and I can tell you about it. No pressure, no expectations...just asking.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 7achary on Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:50 pm

Posted, ladies.

7achary
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:02 pm

I read. Thank you 7, you are truly a gentleman.

Now Mech hasn't been on in ages either....

And so we wait.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 7achary on Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:29 pm

Or we could just "background" their characters and type onward toward victory and awesome sauce.

7achary
Member for 16 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!