Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Hello New Person! Please Read Fully!

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Hello New Person! Please Read Fully!

Tips: 2.50 INK Postby LookingAtPerks on Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:18 pm

Heyo people! So I kinda forgot to make this a long time ago when I first joined, but whatevs. Here now, right?

Anyways, I thought since it might be a bit silly to do an introduction post at this point, I decided instead to use this to help other new people who come here! But first...I will introduce me a bit just so you know me!

My name is LookingAtPerks! I am a writer who prefers to make less normal characters or make the types of characters others might not make, if that makes sense. Its kinda complicated to explain in full, but also since no rule is absolute you should just consider it as me making the characters I think would be original and fun to play! I am a fan of both Sci Fi and Supernatural stuff, and I like to have a good balance of seriousness and comedy. As in, to have comedic scenes but to also have serious scenes. I am pretty accepting of a lot of various types of scenes, actions, and RP styles, but there is a certain (but usually never reached) limit of what I would allow.

I very much endorse creativity though!

And with that over, for all you new people seeing this, let me provide you with some links to various stuff.

This is the Multiverse. It is a persistent world, but also a sort of sandbox, where a whole variety of plots and fun can be had. A lot of people are there, but it is not the only active area on the site. One of the more popular regions in the vast expanse of the Multiverse though is this location, the Planet Origin!

You can find various Roleplays here! The newest ones are shown at the top (and for some reason, not all of them are RPs...), but there are older Roleplays that are also still active! I happen to be in a few!

If you want to communicate with others, a majority of the people here tend to communicate with each other using this function: The Main Chat! You can also access it by hitting the Chat function at the top on the Black Bar! And yes, it is a very person friendly and user friendly chat! We have rules to keep it that way even, and moderators to enforce them! If you do have an issue, you can report it to them! They are people who have Green Names!

I hope this helps get you started! And once again, hello everyone!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 2.50 INK in return for their work.

LookingAtPerks
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Storyteller Person of Interest Group Theory Builder Cult Leader Beta Tester Salesman Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Re: Hello New Person! Please Read Fully!

Tips: 0.75 INK Postby Kurokiku on Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:02 pm

This was a very cool thing to do with your intro post, Perks. I've gone ahead and pinned it to the top of the forum, so that hopefully some of our incoming newbies will have the chance to read it.
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.75 INK in return for their work.

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years
Beta Tester Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Completionist Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby heyguysitsliv on Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:24 pm

Hi there! Nice to meet you! You seem to be very comfortable here already and knowledgeable of your writing proficiency, and I admire that because all I did in my intro was a few typos and a stammered hello. Lol. I'm a newbie here, and I just put up a universe that's a victorian murder mystery, and we're fresh out of characters at the moment, so if you wanted to submit one and get the ball rolling, it's an opportunity open.

At any rate, nice to meet you. :)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.25 INK in return for their work.

heyguysitsliv
Member for 6 years
Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Promethean World Builder Lifegiver Person of Interest Tipworthy

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby viridescentViolet on Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:40 am

neat, thanks
viridescentViolet
official chicken parm ambassador to the human race

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.25 INK in return for their work.

viridescentViolet
Member for 6 years
Friendly Beginnings Recruiter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Conversationalist Promethean Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby oreoxangel on Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:12 pm

Well then, this is interesting

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

oreoxangel
Member for 7 years
Author Group Theory Property Buyer Friendly Beginnings Recruiter Person of Interest Tipworthy Conversationalist Visual Appeal Greeter Salesman Promethean Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby YukiDaGamerWolfie on Tue May 01, 2018 5:58 pm

Well howdy!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

YukiDaGamerWolfie
Member for 6 years
Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Recruiter Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ImperiousCat on Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:11 pm

Reminders, reminders. O, right, I *am* new here my own self. Thanks for the qwik-ref summation!
Respectfully,
"ImperiousCat"
KTC-KIS (KDSF/KDSS)
MKA Mike C. Baker

ImperiousCat
Member for 6 years
Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Castle on Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:04 pm

That was really thoughtful! I made a reintroduction after a two year hiatus, and this is something that I should have done.
Castle

Castle
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Recruiter Property Buyer Greeter Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby oreoxangel on Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:21 pm

Well then, how are you Perks? And I still havent made my inroduction.

oreoxangel
Member for 7 years
Author Group Theory Property Buyer Friendly Beginnings Recruiter Person of Interest Tipworthy Conversationalist Visual Appeal Greeter Salesman Promethean Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lokisdottir on Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:03 pm

wow

much info

so informative

such creativity

wow

Lokisdottir
Member for 6 years
Friendly Beginnings Promethean World Builder Visual Appeal Author Conversationalist Inspiration Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cat-like on Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:56 pm

Hi, my name is Ashwin, I'm a 22 year old man from Oregon.

Cat-like
Member for 5 years
Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby ~Lonesome Butterfly~ on Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:15 am

It's so funny how many of us are going back and making introduction posts years after joining....I was in the same boat earlier this year :D
*~*~*~*~ My Persistent Friend ~*~*~*

"Suicide doesn't take away the pain, it just gives it to someone else." --->>*HELP*
"자살은 고통을 없애주지 않는다. 단지 다른 사람에게 고통을 전가 시킬 뿐이지." --->>*도움*

~Lonesome Butterfly~
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Person of Interest Lifegiver Visual Appeal World Builder Group Theory Arc Warden Property Buyer Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:21 pm

~Lonesome Butterfly~ wrote:It's so funny how many of us are going back and making introduction posts years after joining....I was in the same boat earlier this year :D

It's really nice! There's so many of you I haven't met, but that are so prolific across the site. Thanks for being a part of RPG!
Alvin Toffler wrote:The illiterates of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.

Take a moment and consider joining my Patreon group, where I share personal development updates and plans for the future...

Remæus
Architect
Member for 19 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader Lifegiver Storyteller Donated! Anomaly Hunter Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ExistentialBread on Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:55 am

Hello, my name is Ryan.

I’ve been here before, a very long time ago. I wanted to get back into writing again, maybe find some new friends. I’m huge fan of fantasy and sci-fi. I love rich worlds and intricate systems. I used to be a character farm but I’m looking to develop a very specific group of characters this time to put me back on my feet.

ExistentialBread
Member for 3 years
Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Absenthia on Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:42 pm

Hey there ExistentialBread (love the username!) welcome back to the site. Happy to have you again.

Absenthia
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Group Theory Greeter Tipworthy Salesman Person of Interest Property Buyer Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EbrideanIsland on Sun Dec 26, 2021 8:17 pm

Hey. I'm EbrideanIsland. My name actually contains a typo. It was meant to be written "HebrideanIsland", but I'm fine with that. Anyway, I do some worldbuilding, and character writing. The system I mainly use for roleplaying games is Dungeons & Dragons 5e. I'm here, because maybe I could use some tips when creating characters or new worlds. I will gladly share my tips as well.

EbrideanIsland
Member for 3 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!