Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Club - IC (Please refer to OOC thread.)

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: The Club - IC (Please refer to OOC thread.)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:48 am

Tom started laughing, a loud, rich sound from deep in his chest, when the pants of a trouble maker fell right off his ass. The little punk had gone picking fights and awoken another sleeping classmate and now, his pants, just fell off in the middle of the class room, with just about the whole class staring at him. He found that rib-cracking funny.

"Looks like you dropped something" called Tom, after taking a second to catch his breath. He was still chuckling and laughing softly. Today was looking up from the dull school day it had started as.
Its easy to be brave behind a castle wall
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion
A king's son is no nobler then the food he eats

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Walter Barrecks on Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:53 am

"So you admit you did it." William had an angry stare, still flicking his lighter on and off. Being picked up by the collar of his shirt didn't effect him at all. Just another asshole that thinks he's tough shit. Will laughed as the kid went to punch him, however he soon dropped that fist. " Dat's right Sally, drop dat fist, not like you can win anywa-" Alex's pants fell down right infront, making William's face turn to one of disgust for a second, before going back to his joker grin. "I didn't know you played dat way, Sally... I'm more of a fan of flowers dan sticks.... Would you mind puttin' moi down, or were you planin' to drop the soap an' force moi ta pick it up...." William was laughing loud enough for those in the hall to here.
"She called me late last night, to say she loved me so.
But I guess you changed her mind.
Well I should have known it wouldn't be all right,
But I can't live without her
So I won't even try...
And if I get drunk, then I'll pass out on the floor now baby.
Cause you won't bother me no more.
And if you're drinking, well you know that you're my friend and I say
I guess I'll have myself a beer."
Reel Big Fish- Beer

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Walter Barrecks
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vexar on Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:30 am

Reno shook his head. He knew some of these people were supposed to be at the meeting tonight. He wasn’t sure who he would allow into the meeting. Even if some of these could actually use their magic, they couldn’t control their desire to use it in public. How ridiculous, he thought. He watched the student rampage toward him, throwing over a desk on someone’s foot. When he was addressed by the kid, he was interrupted by the guy who had his foot crushed.

In the mean time he noticed the professor, he was madly rambling on the class phone. Two words stood out over all of the others “Campus Security.” It was no joke around here, especially with the amount of school shootings now days. Three large armed men came in. They took the violent, pants less, kid. He struggled about. Reno felt the magic flare through him. Reno gave a slight smirk. The boy ripped away from the armed guards. That was all Reno paid attention too, three armed guards chasing him out of the room.

The professor got off the phone. “The rest of you, interrupt my class, you will be taken from her accordingly.”

He’d admit, this was an odd way to start off the new semester, but a great way to kick off the club. He wondered what the kid with the odd accent was going to do. Leave the desk or what? His attention returned to the two sitting next to him. “As I was saying, there are no symbols on this screen.” He gave a light smirk as a girl called to him from somewhere in the row behind him.

“Beautiful painting, is that the grand canyon?” She said.

“Not quite, but thanks.” Reno smirked and gave a slight laugh, he did not turn his attention to her. He continued to scribble. Wondering what the rest of the day would bring. He knew the ones who had displayed violence, or abused magic would be least likely to last in the club.

Vexar
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Person of Interest Beta Tester Tipworthy Streamwatcher Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tetrino on Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:42 am

While rubbing his head where Alex's elbow had struck him, Zeke snickered at his predicament. Having your pants down in the middle of class can't be good for your bad boy reputation. While Alex was hopefully distracted by everything going on, Zeke took the opportunity to quickly flick out his camera phone and take a picture of the man's boxers. Pity there wasn't WiFi access in the classroom, or he could've uploaded it on the spot. Hopefully Alex wouldn't notice until he found the picture on the Net.

Just then, Zeke's thoughts reverted to the faint whispers he had heard before he was promptly elbowed in the temple. "Your thoughts are not permanent." "You may still change your minds." What did they mean?
<Donny> Wow, who's this new Azrican fag?
<Alucroas> He's the man who typo'd African

Tetrino
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Stitches on Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:25 am

Poetic justice..

She sneered. She did not feel like slightest hint of remorse for the boy who currently wore his pants around his ankles. It served him right for for whistling at her as if she were a cheap tart. Rolling her eyes, she shuffled through her leaf green, velvet bag. She drew from here a small silver tin. Opening this as quietly as possible she peered down at it's contents. Smoking was Alice's main and most horrible vice. But, she knew she was not yet ready to quit at this moment of her life. She would eventually, but for now it seemed to have a calm, relaxing effect. She gingerly placed the tobacco and the filter onto the white rolling paper. Rolling with her thumb and two fingers on each hand she glared at the teacher, making sure he was not looking in her direction. She raised the half finished cigarette to her mouth, spreading her tongue from one end of the sticky paper to the next. Returning her vice under the table, she finished creating the cigarette. The tin was closed and promptly returned to her bag. She hid the cigarette under her sleeve. She would find somewhere quiet outside to smoke this. Standing erect, she gathered her things placing them hurridly into her bag. She neglected the second pen, which she had almost demolished, leaving it upon the desk.

"Sir, girl problems. You understand."

She ignored everyone who may or may not have been looking in her direction as she exited. She pushed past all the commotion and headed straight toward the door. When she finally opened the door she stopped in her tracks, turning back to face the boy sitting towards the front of the room. The one with black spikey hair. She mumbled a few words under her breath as she exited at last on her quest to find a quiet smoking area.

"The funny thing is that I've never seen you before in my life, and yet.. you seem so familiar."

She had to clear her head. Shamelessly she would admit that this was the first time she had someone had whispered in her ear. She decided that she would not worry about things now, as all would get resolved in due time. After walking with purpose along the long corridor she finally arrived at the exit into a carpark which was situated to the back of the school. She withdrew the cigarette from her sleeve, trapping the end with the filter in between her lips. She scrambled around her pockets for a light. Upon finding a shiny silver one she did not hesitate to use it. She inhaled the baneful fumes.

Le sigh.

Stitches
Member for 18 years
Progenitor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:32 am

Barney watched the girl he had glanced at earlier stand and leave. She mumbled something about girl problems. Pushing his glasses up along his nose, he felt the color rise in his neck and face as he watched her walk. Barney was always fascinated by the sexy walk of women. Geeks always did.

Shaking his head in embarrassment, Barney bit his lip and returned his attention to the chaos of the boy being shuttled away. Clearly the class was over for today, it was almost over to begin with and the disruption probably would make it hard for the professor to continue.

Looking at his laptop, Barney went to one of his favorite websites, Physorg.com and scanned the science section. the article on two-dimensional fluctuating super conductivity held special interest for him. Barney was engrossed by the article as he allowed his mind to visualize the application of the 2D stripe and how it would allow the conductivity of electrical energy across vast distances.

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Contributor Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NewArthur on Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:20 pm

Once again Sam was late for college, Once again he had slept though his alarm, which meant he missed the bus. Which left him with a 10 mile hike through the city, dodging the drunken homeless and the late night party goers. But finally after what felt like an age he arrived panting through the college gates.

"Would of thought i would be fitter for all the times i missed the bus" Sam thought to himself, while doubled over trying to breath properly again. After five minutes he felt better and began to walk the familiar corridors, removing a steel ball from his pocket he began to change its shape and texture with just his hand, he did this when ever he got bored or had nothing better to do.

After about five minutes of walking he finally got to his English class, pushing through the door he gave his normal excuse of missing the bus to the teacher and took the closest seat which was always right at the front in the middle. Sitting down he pulled a pad of paper and a pencil from his bag and began to draw, he fancied himself as a good comic artist and liked to right about a superhuman with all the powers of the earth.
Police cordoned off Liverpool City Centre this morning when a
suspicious object was discovered in a car. It later turned
out to be a tax disc.

You can Razzle Dazzle my Fantazmagazzle!!!!

NewArthur
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Walter Barrecks on Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:20 pm

Looking up from his current fight, William saw the teacher chatting away on the phone... fast and annoyed. "Oh shit... da fuzz...." William felt frozen in time, with good reason. His love of fire lead to several illegal activities... most he hadn't been caught for. Other cases he was just lucky, and they couldn't prove it. Recently however, he had been on a burning spree, torching trees in the part, and lighting benches on fire for the hell of it. If they even suspected him, he would be completely screwed.

The security busted through the door, grabbing Alex, and forcefully extracted him. One of them merely said that William should just sit down, and calm down unless he wanted to be in the same boat. As instructed, William took a seat near the boy Alex called Reno.He was right infront of him, just listening to what he was saying.

Walter Barrecks
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vexar on Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:31 pm

It had been a rather abrupt end to class. The professor simply walked out once the time had come, normally he stayed. -Oh well- Reno thought. He smirked, slowly he began to pack up. He knew now, the faces of his fellows that would meet this very night. He knew a grand journey was about to begin. He tapped each of the runes on his laptop just before he closed it and packed it. He gazed over the few still in the class room.

“Tonight, 8pm. Be confident.”

It was more of his whisper talk. No, it came from the tapping of the runes. Reno started toward the door, he ran his fingers through the mess of his spikes. He reached into his pocket, shortly after, and began to work on some fruit snacks he hid away. It was already 2pm, classes would be letting out for a few hours, night school was out for the night. Some kind of basket ball game was that night, something Reno could care less about. His legs finally carried him to the door. He walked out of the class, thoughts racing in his head of how he would begin the meeting in a few hours; and, who would follow him out of the class.

Vexar
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Person of Interest Beta Tester Tipworthy Streamwatcher Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:19 pm

As the professor left the room and class ended, Tom stood up and grabbed his just about empty bag. He was about to leave, when Tom noticed the girl that had been sitting next to him had left her bag on the ground when she left for "girl problems". Tom thought for a moment, he had always been able to feel for people, to find where they were. She was in the back of the school not a bathroom or nurses office.

"Little sneak" thought Tom, grabbing her bag, "Wonder what she's up to. Well I should get her bag to her." He walked out of the class room with both bags on his shoulders and walked down the hallways, feeling for the precise location of the girl. It took him a few minutes to track her path and soon he was in the carpark.

Tom hadn't seen her roll the cigarette in the classroom and didn't see it down as he hurried over. He wasn't in that big of a rush, not having anymore classes that day. As Tom got close, he inhaled to to started speaking and got a lung full of second hand smoke. He started coughing, a terrible hacking sound , like his body was trying to rip his lungs out. For some reason, Tom had never reacted well to tobacco smoke. He wasn't allergenic according to his doctor but never the less, he coughed like his body was trying to expel his guts through his throat.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Stitches on Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:08 pm

She couldn't quite put a face to the name. Joe? No, no. Tom? Yes, perhaps. With his loose-fitting jeans, unkempt t-shirt and beard that seemed to be twisted into a messy braid, he looked as if he should be staring on a nature preservation documentary on the Discovery Channel. At first she paid no heed to his coughing, but then she caught sight of her bag. She must of left it in the classroom, even after placing all of her inventory inside. Her mind was elsewhere. She had been feeling topsy-turvy all day, which was highly unusual for Alice. She remembered that he had been sitting next to her in class and must of seen her leave her bag behind when she made a hasty exit. She was grateful, even though she was slightly disturbed at the fact that he followed her out here. She flicked her cigarette making a small amount of ash float slowly toward the floor.

"Hey, thanks ..I guess. Sorry about the second-hand smoke. If you search the top compartment in my bag there should be a bottle of water in reach."

The cigarette was brought up to her mouth again, this time making sure to breathe out the noxious fumes away from the boy. He was coughing severely hard. A sigh escaped through weary lips as she tossed the cigarette onto the ground. She placed her boot onto the discarded smoke. She was now concerned that the boy may be having an asthma attack.

"It's Tom, right? Are you okay, Tom?"

Stitches
Member for 18 years
Progenitor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:00 pm

Tom continued to cough as he held Alice's bag out to her. It would take a minute or two to get the smoke out of his system. The coughs still sound like he was trying to hack up a lung but they started to lessen with the consent source of new smoke put out.

"I'll..........be.........fine" said Tom softly, coughing between each word. His beard twisted and danced with each cough. He leaned against a wall, trying to catch his breath. After a while his coughing slowed and stopped. "Well I was just here to get your bag to you" he said, coughing once, "And I starting trying to hack up a lung on your feet, some gentleman I am."

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Stitches on Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:37 pm

"No, um, don't excuse yourself. It is very much appreciated, thank you. Again sorry about the second-hand smoke."

She extended an arm, taking back her bag. She placed it securely on her right shoulder. Not being much of a social-climber, Alice found the situation to be very awkward. She disliked being placed in a scenario where she felt that she had to make conversation, but she supposed it was the least she could do at this moment in time. He did not have to go out of his way and return her belongings.

"Sorry, I'm not a much of a conversationalist."

Having felt a few droplets of rain land upon her head she edged closer toward the wall, seeking shelter. She tilted her head to the side slightly, implying that Tom should do the same- should he want to stay dry of course. Alice rummaged around clumsily in her coat pocket, seeking out a pack of orange Tic-Tacs. After demolishing two herself she offered the packet to Tom.

"So, um ..How is it going, Tom? What are you doing with yourself for the rest of the day?"

Stitches
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:48 pm

Barney waited until the rest of the class left, mostly because he hated being jostled in the crowd of larger students. Standing a mere 5'5 and weighing in a puny 145lbs it was easy to overlook him. As the last of the line shuffled out the door, Barney turned off his laptop and stuffed it back into his backpack. Grabbing the large text books he started out the door, only to be assailed by the afternoon sunlight.

Frowning he started along a path towards where he parked his scooter. He had a few hours before the meeting tonight, he might as well get something to eat and study his intro to astronomy homework he had. "I hope the people in the club are cool, it'll be nice to have friends." Barney said aloud as he weaved in and out of the myriad of students rushing to and from classes or just standing about jawing about some social events they were planning.

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Contributor Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:26 pm

Tom stepped under the little edge that ran along the building and leaned against the wall next to Alice. His coughing had subsided and he took the packet of Tic-Tacs with a nod of his head. After popping three, Tom handed it back. He rubbed his throat for a minute or so before smiling at Alice.

"Thanks" said Tom, "And you don't need to say sorry about the smoke. You didn't know I reacted like that and I didn't see you smoking. Hell, I don't know why I react like that. My doctor says I'm not allergic and I don't have asthma." He shrugged and rolled his shoulders.

"Now for what I'm doing for the rest of the day" Tom continued, "I don't have anymore classes but there is a club I signed up for later tonight. At eight, I believe it meets."

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Stitches on Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:02 am

Club..?

Could this be the same class that she was anticipating? The silence seemed to echo, as she pondered whether or not to reveal that she too was going to be attending some sort of a club. Remembering that Tom's eyes were also fixed upon the front of the classroom, she wondered if the distorted symbols made him feel similar to the way that she did. Alice was also not a hundred percent sure whether the club should be discussed in a social environment. After chewing upon another two Tic-Tacs herself she delicately placed the packet back into her coat pocket.

"What sort of club?"

She asked, sounding rather intrigued. Alice would try desperately to pump information out of Tom. If he knew anything then maybe it would give her a good idea of what to expect tonight and her mind would become less mist-shrouded. She flashed him a warm smile, listening eagerly.

"Like a sport's club or something?"

Stitches
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:29 am

"Nah" said Tom, smiling and laughing to himself, "Something a little more silly then a sports club. I don't know why I signed up for it, something just made me do it. Its a magic club." He kept laughing at the strangeness of a magic club and his own foolishness in signing up. "Can you imagine that?" asked Tom, shaking his head a little, "A magic club."

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Stitches on Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:37 pm

She knew from the start that there was something obtuse about the symbols and ruins upon the flyers and the laptop screen. Alice had been slightly naive to the possibility that the club could very well involve random acts of magic. It had crossed her mind on various occasions though and the thought made her squirm. Magic throughout Alice's life had been an exceptionally sore subject. She realized that she had possessed a knack for magic when unexplained events started to unfurl around her several years ago. Feeling like a circus freak, she closed up and would not tell anybody about anything strange that had occurred. It had all started when she started to feel in-tune with the earth. As if she had a underlying connection with anything solid. Then things started to get rocky. Accidents kept happening where foundations would either get damaged or destroyed. Alice's gift once caused an old abandoned house to collapse. She had told herself that it was going to cave in on itself anyway being so ancient and unstable. But, she knew the truth in her heart. She had somehow willed the roof straight down toward the house, acting like a lead weight and destroying everything which lay underneath. She had named this ability "landslide". There had been many other little accidents inbetween and as such she made a vow never to attempt to use magic again.

"A magic club? That is silly.. I suppose.."

She stopped dead in her tracks, trying to find the right words to say next.

"..Ugh, well I better go. And you better go and prepare for your club."

She shuffled, side stepping. She scrunched her face into a smile.

"Thanks again for returning my bag."

She hoped that making this abrupt exit would not make her appear rude. Besides, she could apologise tonight anyway. She would certainly attend this gathering, despite her vow. If nothing else she was still interested to discover what the ruins were about.

"See you later, perhaps?"

Stitches
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:22 pm

"Well next English class" said Tom, leaning against the wall, "And your welcome. It was my pleasure to get your bag back to you, even if it did sound like I was dieing." He smiled at Alice and closed his eyes. He didn't know what he was going for the next six hours but was now looking forward to the club now for some reason.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!