Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

I Want My Innocence Back [Need people]

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

I Want My Innocence Back [Need people]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mindscrew Min-Min on Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:38 pm

I Want My Innocence Back

Co-managed by Min, IF, and PDF

"Did you know that most mutants used to have tails?" the girl tells you. Though she smiles, her expression is riddled with morbid bitterness.

"No, I had no idea," you say. "What happened?"

"In 1860, a few nutters thought it was a sign of the Devil and decided to chop off the tails of all the mutants they came across in what came to be known as the Great Purge. Trouble was, the mutant tail was a sensitive organ with lots of blood vessels running through it--surviving the amputation was impossible. Only the tail-less ones were safe. So that's why mutants don't have tails anymore...natural selection, if there's anything natural about it, ha!"

Mutants, vampires, werewolves, prophets...all types of freaks live among us, right under our noses. They've had their triumphs, but, more often than not, they've been victimized, subjected to horrible agony, and despised. Sometimes they assimilate into our society. Sometimes they operate their own governments underground. Sometimes those governments become corrupt and lose control.

Welcome to Jasper High School, where an estimated quarter of the student body is made up of non-humans. Rumors circulate about sinister government operations, experiments carried out on mutantkind by both humans and mutants alike, classified by agencies and sanctioned by the very people we trust to keep our streets safe. Some of the students ignore the growing urgency of the situation, others have started to apply for jobs in the dastardly government laboratories to ensure their own safety...and others still are prepared to stand up and fight against the perceived threat, to even try to instigate revolution.

But it's a dark, unknown world out there, especially for a naive little student like you. Here at Jasper, you're safe, you've got friends, protection, affirmation...but once you look past the mundane class schedule and discover the dangers that lurk around every corner, when you try to dig deeper and make a change, there's no guarantee that you'll come out intact.

Arright, I know that probably didn't make a whole lot of sense, but that's what happens when three people try to start a thread on the same computer at the same time. Hopefully the direction of the plot will become clear once we have the IC up...yes, we actually do have an idea where this is going. A pretty good one, in fact, but everything's going to look kind of cruddy and senseless until we get there. Well, here's the character skeleton:

Name:
Race: (The only rule about this is you can't be a vampire and a werewolf at the same time. I mean, really! Oh, and one more thing, mutants all have a basic mastery-of-rudimentary-matter-manipulation thing going on. All other skills must be learned.)
Personality:
History:
Appearance:
Anything else:

Well, we here at the Q Continuum are now going to give Min back her keyboard and let her post her character, and all three members of our little hive mind should have our characters posted soon. Until then, feel free to join! (P.S. usual rules apply--don't godmod, don't have sex in our thread, don't kill each other, don't swear more than a drunken sailor.)

I'm back...I think.

Name: Keya Gurevich
Race: Werewolf/mutant
Personality: Keya is vicious by nature and motivated by self-interest. Her impulsiveness is her main character trait--she just doesn't think things through and ends up making a bloody mess of things, literally or figuratively. Up until now, she has paid little attention to the spreading rumors about possible student revolution.
History: Growing up in a dysfunctional family made Keya cold, hard, and power-hungry. When she was attacked, she was asking for it--really asking for it. She might as well have just stood in the middle of a forest on a full moon with a raw steak tied to her face and a sign that said, 'eat me, I'm stupid.' When the werewolf who attacked her came to his senses, he thought she'd used him to attempt suicide, until she explained to him that she just wanted to be deadly without having to work at it.

She's recently submitted an application to FCI, a government science facility that performs unorthodox and just plain cruel experiments on mutants. Her application got accepted and she goes to secret training at night, preparing to drop out of school and jump right into her new job once she turns 16.
Appearance:Image
Anything else: She's best friends with IF and PDF's characters, listed below...in a few minutes. Well, guys, take it away...
Last edited by Mindscrew Min-Min on Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Want to know more? Read the book to find out.

There's a strange man sitting on the sofa munchiwunching on lomticks of toast!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Mindscrew Min-Min
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: I Want My Innocence Back [OOC/Signups]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby InflatedHead on Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:56 pm

Thanks, M. I'm the one in the green, guys, by the way. And just a sidenote, the title will actually make sense once we start.

Name: Charlize Clearwater
Race: Mutant (specializes in mind-reading and studies it over the summer)
Personality: Charlize is studious and meek, mostly keeps to herself, and is kind and understanding--though I plan to have that change through the course of the RP. Changing viewpoints and personalities are big themes here.
History: After losing two brothers to government experimentation, she vowed revenge and is now trying to find her way into a rebellion against the mutant higher-ups. When she finds out what her best friend Keya is up to, she'll flip...
Appearance: Image

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

InflatedHead
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GhaKha on Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:11 pm

Name: Deacon Young

Race: [unknown/unnamed/new genus]

Personality:
Deacon has as much personality as a brick wall. A brick wall thats being shot out of a tank.
He is unpredictable, easily angered and if need be, quick to begin murder. He has since his freedom [see history] been a psychotic young man. If his mind was a plate, consider it smashed to atoms.

History:
At the age of thirteen Deacon displayed a strange gift. What would later be known as RMM(Rudimentry-matter-manipulation), a gift in all 'mutants'. His parents, being the good people that they are immediatly took him to a psychiatrist. Who later contacted police, and eventually, Deacon was whipped away from home in 45 hours. From then he was subject to horrifying tests to push his body to its limits and beyond. And then a little bit further.
It was upon is 16th birthday that he was kept in a large cylinder filled with a type of fluid, a black mask (That resembled a gas mask) with tubes attached fed him air. The previous night he was forced to eat the hearts of animals as a [now dead] mutant was found once devouring them for an unknown means. Deacon awoke in the tube. Rage filled his every inch of being. He screamed from within the mask that covered half of his face. Boom - the tube exploded as a force shot out of his body. Telekinesis is what they had called it. And now he had it.
He had to kill thirty people to make his escape that night. But his addiction had to be fed...
Thirty more hearts that night.

Appearance:
Deacon his eye-brow length hair which is extremely messy. His eyes are a beep blue. Above his left eye is a small triangle of scars. He stands at roughly 6ft and is slightly muscular for his age. He is usually seen in his Jasper High uniform, a white shirt, black trousers, black shoes. And a tie that consisted of diagonal yellow and navy lines.

Hope thats ok.

GhaKha
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby petali dogni fior on Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:28 pm

Great profiles, guys. And welcome, GhaKha! This third of the hive mind thinks it's incredibly OK, and our resident psychotic-ex-detainee fetishist will get a huge kick out of it.

Well, here's my bio.

Name: Crevan Montague
Race: Mutant...no specialty as of yet, just the basics. He likes to 'keep his options open', code for he's lazy.
Personality: Crevan is outgoing, athletic, and generally cool. He can be cocky at times, when he lets the popularity get to his head, but normally, he's easygoing and good company.
History: Both of Crevan's parents were mutants, so he's never had many problems in the family with being superpowered. The trouble came when he started high school, with the counselors complaining that he had 'problems' and suggesting that he 'seek help'. Not keen on exposing the family secret, his family moved states and he transferred to Jasper High, where mutancy was much more widely known and accepted. He assimilated well and found a place as the school's football star. He seems like he has he perfect life, but when it comes to the revolutionary scene, he's incredibly naive, gullible, and out-of-the-loop...fresh meat.
Appearance: Image
Anything else: He has a weakness for tough girls who act a little like guys.

petali dogni fior
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mindscrew Min-Min on Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:16 pm

Seconded, Pet. Awesome, everyone. I'll put up the IC when we get about two more people, or if I just feel like it. It'll probably start sometime around first period, but feel free to write your character a wake-up-get-ready-drive-to-school intro if you want.

And I am not an ex-detainee-fetishist, I'm a teratophiliac. They're two totally different things! Not all ex-detainees are messed up physically, you know. Just thought I'd clear up that misconception. ;)

Mindscrew Min-Min
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby InflatedHead on Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:24 pm

Just wondering, Min, how are we going to do the transitions to another day/week/whatever when we need to move the plot forward? I was thinking maybe we'd declare when we were done with one story arc/'episode', so to speak, then wait for everyone else to wrap it up, and then declare and move onto a new arc. And also, should we keep some kind of synopsis here, to be updated after each arc?

InflatedHead
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mindscrew Min-Min on Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:07 pm

That sounds like a good system for keeping the plot going. Synopses are also good, just so that any new people can jump right in without being lost and confused. We can get to that whenever we actually get through a story arc.

Laaadi daaadi da, still waiting around for anyone crazy enough to join us...

Mindscrew Min-Min
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby .The-Red-Queen. on Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:10 pm

Name: Selena Maria Statton

Race: Prophet

Personality: Selena is a very quiet, calm, obedient and trustworthy person. She is loyal to those she cares for and is an easy person to befriend. She always has a sense of sadness around her, yet she is also very calming to be around. She has a big heart, but she can also be could. A mysterious person she never talks about herself or about her past, preferring to listen to others rather then talk. She never lies and will protect those she cares for with her life.

History: Selena grew up with her parents who were very God fearing people. She was always a quiet child so she never got out much, though she was always a beautiful child so when she was about ten she was abducted. She was rescued, but not before the man had hurt her enough to blind her. That's when the mutant genes in her went to work. She started seeing flashes of the future and what she saw wasn't good. Her parents, abandoning her.

She went to her parents a year later, trying to change her fate, and told them what had happened. Her parents reacted like her vision. She had to escape before they tried to "purge" her of the demons. She saw herself coming to the school, but things got hazy after that. She showed up at the school when she was fourteen and has lived there ever since.

Appearance: She stands at about 5'6" and weighs about 110 lbs. Rosalie's skin is soft and pale and she has a slender body. She has long, pale blond hair that falls to the middle of her back. Her eyes are a startling emerald green that holds a depth in them that is surprising. Her lips are plump and ruby red. Her face is regal and elegant.

Anything else: She loves strawberries and has a weakness for animals.
Last edited by .The-Red-Queen. on Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

.The-Red-Queen.
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SlowlyCrazyIAmGoing on Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:20 pm

"Laaadi daaadi da, still waiting around for anyone crazy enough to join us..."
It's funny you shoult mention that...

Ugh... half an hour spent on the whole "Blind but can see the future" character only to have it snatched away from me... I still want to joing but I got to re-brainstorm...

SlowlyCrazyIAmGoing
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby .The-Red-Queen. on Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:25 am

Ha ha sorry. I didn't mean to take it. I type fast so sorry.

.The-Red-Queen.
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby petali dogni fior on Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:56 am

Yay, finally someone chooses prophet!

Just to clarify, is this a boarding school? I should know, since I'm part of the RP's controlling hive mind...

Y'know what, let's just go ahead and make it a boarding school. If that works with my other two thirds.

petali dogni fior
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby InflatedHead on Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:49 pm

Fine by me...in fact, that will probably make it easier to keep the plot going, since we'll all be in the same place. And dorms are always a hotbed of trouble, vice, secrecy, all those nice things that make (fictional) life more interesting.

P.S. Queen, you have a slight discrepancy. You use 'Selena' through the rest of the profile, but 'Rosalie' on Personality. Just thought I'd point that out, in case you wanted to fix it.

InflatedHead
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mindscrew Min-Min on Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:33 pm

Sounds good to me too. I'm working on the IC now, hopefully I'll have it up tonight, but it might take until tomorrow. And we're still open to new recruits. I've never really closed recruiting, anyway, and with an up-to-date synopsis, as IF said, it'll be easy enough to join.

Mindscrew Min-Min
Member for 15 years

Re: I Want My Innocence Back [Always accepting]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby .The-Red-Queen. on Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:53 pm

That's exciting. And thanks for letting me know. I accidentally put the name of my other character. :3

.The-Red-Queen.
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mindscrew Min-Min on Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:34 pm

Your welcome. Just put the IC up about two seconds ago!

post664032.html#p664032

Mindscrew Min-Min
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby InflatedHead on Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:23 am

Sweet. Imma go respond.

Let the insanity ensue...

InflatedHead
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby petali dogni fior on Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:23 am

Awesome. I'll try and make an appearance in this first arc...hopefully there'll be a place in the plot for me. But if not, there's always the other parts.

petali dogni fior
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mindscrew Min-Min on Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:50 pm

Hey guys!

Since most of you know me from other RPs, I probably only need to post this once.

I kind of accidentally jacked Joaquin's account while I was at his house, so that's why it looked like he posted for my characters in more than one thread. So, uh...yeah.

Mindscrew Min-Min
Member for 15 years

Re: I Want My Innocence Back [Need people]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby petali dogni fior on Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:42 pm

I was kind of wondering about that, actually.

I think my character's going to jump in after the chaos that's sure to ensue shortly.

petali dogni fior
Member for 15 years

Re: I Want My Innocence Back [Need people]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby InflatedHead on Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:44 am

Wow, guys, our IC made it to the front page in the "Best Threads" thingymabob. I'm not sure how that system works, but still. Sweet.

P.S. I made us a banner. It kinda stinks, but it's got animation. (ANIMATION!)

EDIT: Darn, by the time I posted this, we got taken off the front page. Aw well...

InflatedHead
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!