Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

War of Thrones ~ Recruiting Knights~ OOC

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

War of Thrones ~ Recruiting Knights~ OOC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SpringTimeFox on Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:51 am

War of Thrones
A Literate, large scale battle
IC Thread here

The battle between the Shadow Knights and the Demon Riders raged far into the next season, neither side giving in even as the Shadow Knights were pushed from Yetis Castle into the foothills of the Lanv mountains. The Battle of Yetis Moor, fully intended to have only been a siege on the castle, turned into a full scale guerilla war between the two evils. At the end of the season, snows started to fall, blanketing Yetis Moor in snow three feet deep. The lands beneath the snow, warmed by constant travel of the wyrms (who found the soil in Yetis Moor much more appealing than the rock under the mountain), turned to pure ice beneath the feet of the Demon Riders. Meanwhile, the Shadow Knights lived in cold luxury, within the cave systems of the mountains. When the spring season returned to the lands, the Shadow Knights found it easy to destroy the remnants of the Demon Riders.

With the battle won and several captives of the war, the Shadow Knights abandoned Yetis Moor to the Wyrms (who had no way of telling friend from foe and tended to eat the Shadow Knights just as much as the Demon Riders) and took over a city on the sea. Regaining their forces, the knights have set their sights on the city of Blode, a human settlement and the heart of the Voric Knighthood.

~___________________________________________________________________________~

Announcement as of 4/5/08=
No more Shadow Knights will be accepted for a while, until more people have joined the Voric Knights. You may have up to four characters, and I am posting my fourth/third character, who is on the side of the Voric Knights.

Now, onto some rules and such.

Rule 1 wrote:There is no god modding, power playing, controlling of other characters, god characters, ninjas, samurai, or one liners allowed in the roleplay at any time. I dont care how powerful your character is supposed to be, power playing ruins it for the rest of us. Why do you think I'm making another thread for my battle roleplay? Power playing killed it.

Rule 2 wrote:Literacy is a must. If you cant post two paragraphs of detail, either talk to me or consider another roleplay. Likewise, if you post ten or so detail ridden paragraphs as if you're writing a novel, yay for you since you're working hard, but boo for us since it’s a lot to read if you have to catch up, no matter how intriguing it is. However, I wont smite you for writing a lot. The most that will happen is a little tease in the OOC thread, a cookie, and a pat on the back.

Rule 3 wrote:You will not ignore the posts of others. If someone engages you in battle, that’s that. Unless you flee, don’t just ignore them.

Rule 4 wrote:You may have disposable characters. In fact, you’re encouraged to have them. Disposables are characters that just pop into the story to be killed and add drama. They don’t need profiles, but don’t have them rush in with just a name and a sword. They have to have a sort of story. The text about them also needs to be in [color=#FF0000]RED for the Shadow Knights and in BLUE for the Voric Knights, so people know they’re a disposable and they can engage in battle and win against the character. [b]Colors ONLY APPLY to disposables, not to your main characters. It would be preferable if main characters were in plain old black color. You are also allowed unlimited control of the ‘grunts’ you fight. You don’t have to wait for my reply when you fight a soldier who is not controlled by anyone.

Rule 5 wrote:Violence, foul language, and death are allowed but DONT go too far! Death of your character is ok, and you can make a new one afterwards. If you find a way and time to put some romance in, points for you.

Rule 6 wrote:You may have four characters. For purpose of the roleplay, you must make them on both sides. Not all four characters may be on the side of the Shadow Knights. Also, each character will need to be approved and posted here, in the OOC thread, by me or the people who have been designated as profile-acceptors. To be able to accept your profile, you must put “I lyke Chocolate Milk” before your profile. If you don’t, I will know you hadn’t read the rules and I will ask you to try again. You get only one chance.

Rule 7 wrote:Please turn off your signatures when posting In Character. I dont want to see any signatures when I'm reading through posts. If you have your signature within your post, I will ask you to take it out. Please remember this rule.

Rule 8 wrote:Please help out with rules if you think there should be more or less. As such, all rules are subject to change.
[/b][/color]

Due to the vast amount of powerplaying, one liners, god-modding, snakes, and super-ninjas in 'Battle for Yetis Moor', I have been advised to start anew with harsher rules and more restricted characters. While I don't like being strict and I definitely don't like restricting characters, I think it will be best for the outcome of the roleplay. BoYM will still be open for people to join and the rules will remain the same over there, but here the rules will be set a notch above, and rule-breaking will be punishable by immediate expulsion from the roleplay. Like I said, I don't like to have to say this and I really don't like having to crack down, but it has to be done.

Once again, the roleplay will start out on the brink of battle, with both sides situating themselves for the initial attack. However, we will be moving past BoYM with the assumption the Shadow Knights won the battle. The Shadow Knights will be moving upon the city of Blode, the city of the Voric Knighthood. The battle will be between good and evil. There will be a rather detailed second post illuminating the good and evil positions available, as well as the introduction of D&D Metallic dragons. (Just for you, Fractal :D )

For the most part, what you must realize to join this roleplay is that the war is a large scale occurrence. If you've seen the Lord of the Rings trilogy, if you've read Forgotten Realms, DragonLance, or even Eragon, you know what kind of battle this should be. It should be grand, epic, and captivating. There should be no errors in continuity, since you should be reading everything in the posts prior to yours. This is a very important aspect to roleplaying.

Last edited by SpringTimeFox on Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:23 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Speak softly and carry a big stick.
That way, when they dont hear you, you can hit them in the knees.

I'm finally back. I'm terribly sorry I was gone so long.
Avatar: My girlfriend and I... Yes I'm showing off <3

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SpringTimeFox
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: War of Thrones ~ Recruiting ~ Work-n-Progress

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:16 am

Biography: “I lyke Chocolate Milk”

Full name: Skallagrim Cughtagh
Nickname: Skally, Skall
Title: Champion
Race: Xindhi (Risen)
Age: 40 when consumed by the Dark. Millenniums have passed since that day.

Position in society: Champion of the Shadow Knights. He is noted for his service in fighting the Paladins of Light when they broke their fragile treaty with the Shadow Lands, such as when he and several other of the Death's kiss snuck into the fortress Carathur and slew the Duke of the East Marches while his guards slept due to their drugged food. He faced the Lord-Knight Sammel, champion of the Duke of the East Marches in the foot hills of the Black Spire, where he slew the Paladin and left his body to watch the sun rise over him. He burned the Slave pens of the Hammur-Al and freed the Xindhi who had been captured to work as slaves for the Hammur-Al sorcerers. This earned him the title of Champion and allowed him greater freedom from the Shadow Knights.

Physical Description (abridged):
Skallagrim is tall and well muscled. Skallagrim stands a little over 6 feet tall. His eyes glow with a hideous amethyst light. His face is covered with only his eyes showing. He wears the amethyst and black leather and mail of the Death's Kiss, the Shadow Knights own Heavy Cavalry. He wears the amethyst lined heavy cloaks that signify a Champion and rarely reveals his form unless he has a measure of respect for his opponent.

His favorite weapons are a long sword and a heavy fighting dagger. While Skallagrim doubts the Shadow Knights cares, he is certain that as long as he kills with them, they ignore him and leave him to his own devices. He has named his weapons after his son and daughter Keefe and Rhiannon.

He is well versed in dual weapon combat and practices endlessly to become the perfect warrior.

Personality:
Cold and aloof, he has very little patience for the living. He is a good ally and better friend but he has few of those. However he has been known to forsake his ways and help a child or two, especially those who remind him of his own lost children. May the gods have mercy on your soul if you ever strike a child in his presence.
He takes a perverse enjoyment of killing hypocrites, especially those who preach freedom but oppress others for their own desires.

He never wanted to be consumed by the powers of the Shadows but he accepts it and now strives to be the sword and fear of the Shadow Knights. While not a fan of those that oppose the Shadows, he does have respect for those who have a great conviction and fight with honor. He has been known to assist other entities before in their times of need. The Shadow Knights suspects he still has vestiges of the Light in him but finds him extremely useful as a champion and commander.

Powers:
Being Xindhi, when damaged he can slowly regenerate himself, however the extent of the damage dictates the amount of time it takes him to reassemble. Surprisingly he is able to move with extreme grace and agility. He has the increased strength bestowed upon him by the very nature of the Xindhi, equal to 20 human men. He can summon his shadow-skeletal mount by touching his necklace and calling it from the shadow realms, the space between worlds. However even Xindhi regenerative power is limited as overwhelming damage, either magical or physical can be more than the regeneration process can handle.

His sword and dagger also confer some powers to him.

His sword Keefe is a war sword. The 36” long black blade is nicked and notched through years of use, the heavy steel hilt has runes carved into it from a language long forgotten, the 8” handle allows for both a single or two handed grip. The sword is 44” long giving him a very effective reach. It glows with an eerie pale blue glow and can cleave through normative magical effects as if they were paper.

His dagger Rhiannon is wide with its blade measuring 17” long and two inches wide, the blade is shrouded in a black pulsating mist that seems to have a life of its own. The thick 5” handle is covered in hide from an animal that legends only speak of. When his dagger strikes an opponent, if they have a life essence, it drains part of it away leaving them weaker in body and soul, ever hungry it seeks to bite deeply into living creatures.

Martial skills are not the only weapons at Skallagrim’s disposal; he has over the centuries learned the dark arts of Quintessence and Resonance, magic that allows control of the very elements of the universe. Quintessence and Resonance are used in conjunction to create the effects that for all intents and purposes are magic.

His Magical Powers, the arts Quintessence and Resonance.

Quintessence is the fifth and highest essence after the four elements of earth, air, fire, and water, thought to be the substance of the heavenly bodies and latent in all things.

Quintessence is the dark energy that fills the universe, and can vary in space and time, it courses through all things in the universe, and each thing manifest has not one image but many images, allowing a Xindhi to express himself on all these different levels of existence, and therefore is provided with a suitable understanding of matter belonging to each, and it is through this understanding that he is able to receive impressions from the world to which they correspond. To the sorcerer who has acquired awareness of these levels of existence, "dark energy" is not dark.

Furthermore, from these other planes of matter it appears that the Quintessence sense of time and space are different from that associated with visible source matter. Each image of nature seems to have a unique sense of time and space, and this suggests that time-space relationships are dependent upon the type of matter one is conscious of or experiencing. Clearly this would make it very difficult to communicate these experiences to those familiar with only the usual sense of time and space. Without resonance these experiences are moot to the Xindhi.

Quintessence is how, through the use of a perfect resonance (one in which the ability of the Xindhi to focus an image unrestricted by anything other than the vibration and thrum of the source experience) with the negative refractive energies of an opposite vibration and thrum, so that active and inactive effects can be reversed, causing objects to be repelled rather than attracted. It allows for such things as flight and levitation.

Resonance is a paradigm of essential aspects inherent in experience (or existence). It encompasses all life; in some sense, it is also can affect everything. Resonance manipulation provides control over more conventional paradigms, such as the origin of life, consciousness, the observable laws of probability, and the nature of subjective experience.
Resonance refers to a collective field of consciousness (resonance) that manifests in any perspective, context or identity.

Resonances also referred to as self-moments which organize themselves as a holarchy comprised of holons. A holon is both a part within a larger whole and a whole comprised of smaller parts. On the one hand, the self-moment exists as a unique individual within a larger collective; on the other hand, the self-moment also exists as the larger collective within which the individual in question exists. The Multi-verse as a whole is an example of a holarchy, or holarchical system and every other holarchy we are aware of is a part of this larger holarchy.

Resonance naturally manifests as a continuum -- more specifically, a probability distribution of complementary aspects. There are many examples of complementarities each determines their own space-time context: individual and collective, aggressive and passive, masculine and feminine, male and female, conscious and unconscious, particle and wave, space-time and dreamtime, yang and yin.

While Xindhi magic seems extreme, the ability to control the quintessence and resonance require concentration, since he is focusing on locating the thrum of resonance and matching dark energy fields to create and affect matter. However even with control over the combined magic forces, the effects are localized to Skallagrim or a single target, be it an opposing energy field, biological entity or structure.

Through his dread years he has studied vast tomes in the language of the Xindhi, seeking the source of the Dark powers, the Patterns of Reality.

Marital Status: His wife and family died during the war of light and dark, he knows that his wife is buried at the Almar-Sut Sepulcher, deep in the lands of Light, but his children are lost to him. He carries their memories within him as the driving force of his existence. Once he has obtained the knowledge to control the Patterns of Reality he hopes to reunite with his family again.

(edited to name the Cavalry and incorporate them as part of the HX so it is easier to understand why he commands them)
Last edited by Skallagrim on Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:09 am, edited 3 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Contributor Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Details

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SpringTimeFox on Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:52 am

This is a short list, but it will be the only list. Anything outside this list will need to be approved with me before posting.

Classes/Positions-
In war, there are quite a few positions. However, here they are in a nutshell.

Knight - an on foot swordsperson or other weapons-person.
Calvary Knight - Knight mounted on a war horse
Mage - Two types= Black mages use destructive spells. Red mages use destructive and healing spells, though healing spells in a red mage are very weak.
Dragonrider - a person riding a dragon into combat
Dragon - just a dragon fighting alongside humans

Chromatic (Evil) Dragons-
Black
Red
White
Green
Blue
There are certain aspects that go with each dragon, which are a little tedious to mention.

Metallic (Good) Dragons-

Gold Dragon
Silver Dragon
Bronze Dragon
Brass Dragon
Copper Dragon
Once again, each dragon does something and has its own sets of physics and rules and such.

To read up in detail on this, click here and click on your dragon of interest. If you dont want a dragon as a mount, then disregard this information.

~______________________________________________________________________________________________~

Profile Skeleton-
This is, of course, a guideline. If you'd like to add any more, go ahead. If you dont want to post a history, go ahead and post name, age, rank, appearance, and side. It will still be accepted. Dont forget to read the rules.

Code: Select all
[b]Name-[/b]
[b]Age-[/b]
[b]Their Side-[/b] (Shadow Knights or Voric Knighthood)
[b]History-[/b] (keep it short, NO sob stories Please. No unknowns.)
[b]Appearance-[/b] (words please! If it is a pic, put it in URL form, thanks)
[b]Weapons-[/b] (No more than 5. You are not an armory. If you have a mount, the mount can carry two weapons as well.)
[b]Abilities-[/b] (I prefer you have less than 3...)
[b]Extra-[/b] (Do they have a dragon or other mount? Anything extra you would like to add.)

~______________________________________________________________________________________________~

I may possibly add more. I've been very distracted, so forgive any grammatical errors.

Also, Welcome Skall! :) You are approved, as always.
Last edited by SpringTimeFox on Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SpringTimeFox
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hallik on Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:10 pm

I lyke chocolate milk... I pooted.
User Name- Hallik
Name- Dratas Illrian
Age- Unknown
Gender- Male
Their Side- demon riders
History- Much of Dratas' past is not completely unknown for there are those that have known him saying that he has been consumed with the art of magic. After his death he was able to take his abilities to a whole other level, one that only some magicians could only hope to achieve. No one knows how he died but Dratas remembers it all to well. It was like being born, only backwards as he lost his memory and all that knew, except his death was for a price, not for immortality but for knowledge.
Appearance- As simply as possible he is a rotting corpse. Still with lingering flesh on his face and few remaining muscles to support his body. He is mostly concealed by a robe and a musketeer wizard's hat.
Weapons- His mount is a skeletal Pegasus again with remaining flesh. With the mount is just a simple sword, nothing more. Dratas carries with him a single wand to amplify his magic. However it is not a weapon only a talisman. He is a hand Mage that certainly doesn't need any silly incantations or wand waving. The next stage, if he can achieve it, is magic by thought.
Abilities- Magic, in his life he has master two Elements "Fire" and "Frost" but with his death he gained the knowledge to surpass physical wounds. Now, with his magic he can aim straight at the soul and damage it like it was the flesh. However when using an element like Fire and Frost he can only penetrate armor, and cannot touch the spirit. Spirit attacks take a lot out of him considering he's only a corpse, but he is strongly willed and can handle quiet a bit.
Extra- When not in combat he is often mistaken as an old man, and for his age he truly doesn't know since he has been dead for so long. Black Mage.
Last edited by Hallik on Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Join Crimson Reign! It's a Roleplay O.o
post165679.html#p165679

Hallik
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Keeley on Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:36 pm

I lyke Chocolate Milk

Name-Keara
Age- 29
Their Side-Shadow Knights – Dragon rider.
History-Keara met her dragon mount at 15 years old when she was kicked out of her village for being a shape shifter, and he has protected her ever since even teaching her how to fight in combat, and also how to use her fire magic and refine her use of shape shifting.
Appearance-She is tall and slim, but this is not usually seen under her black armour, She has long curly brown hair and bright green eyes. Her sword is held in a black sheath attached to her belt.
Weapons- Short sword, bow and arrow and 2 daggers
Abilities- Shape shifter and can use fire
Extra- A Dragon mount. A Brass Dragon about 105 years old, he is called Pyrrus.

Keeley
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SpringTimeFox on Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:45 pm

Hallik- Your profile is accepted :D nice addition to the rule.

Keeley- Welcome to the roleplay!

To everyone- This will start in earnest tomorrow afternoon. The IC thread will be posted sometime tomorrow morning. :D

SpringTimeFox
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tigeress on Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:20 pm

I lyke chocolate milk (my bad i totally thought i put that on there, so i thought i was missing color or something)

Name-Ranakia

Age- 25? (body will not age)

Their side: Shadow Knights, Knight

History-Ranakia used to be a human woman... but after a false acusation her lover was brutally executed, dying a tortured death. She prayed to whatever gods for a way to bring her back, and hearing only these words from the mysterious Shadow Lord, "Fight for me...and you will have it." she quickly agreed, her body became demonic, and frequently she is in pain because of it. With her new found power, she tore apart her lovers executors, and quickly left the city, a burning rage in her heart.Quickly she joined the Shadow Knights, hoping to gain back the one thing she cherishes.

Personality: Ranakia is often quiet and lonesome, she is not evil like the other Shadow Knights, however, her prowess in combat is undisputed, so none dare oppose her ways. She goes out of her way to save civilians in a battle, however, with those fighting her she often crushes cruely, laughing sadistically as she does. However, because she is a newer demon, she has not fully understood the evil that is expected of her.

Appearance-Because of the curse she was given, Ranakia has not aged a moment since she accepted the Shadowy pact, and her body as become entwined with beast. She is feline like in apearance, her green eyes cat like.. as well as black ears and tail, her once blond hair is black now, and she has a certain vicous look to her. Her face is pale, but very well defined, considered beatiful to many. She wears full armor, which is black and dark in apearance, and hefts a large greatsword on her shoulder, heavy and wider than the most common types.

Weapons- Greatsword, and a broad sword she keeps at her side.
Abilities- Because of the curse she had been given, Ranakia lives for melee, her body is insanely strong and fast, even amongst demons. It is belived that her strength comes from her sheer inner will, and has often devasted whole platoons with her massive blade.

Extra- The armor Ranakia had been granted exists only to protect her from magic, against physical weapons, it is no better than common steel. However, even the strongest of spells seem to land harmlessy on this womans sinister gear.
Last edited by Tigeress on Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tigeress
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Fenron and Quasim [will be making Voric characters eventuall

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SpringTimeFox on Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:06 pm

Tig- good profile and since I already talked to you, the lack of the password is okay.

Now for my characters. Since Quasim has not the element of surprise, he may as well have a profile.

I lyke chocolate milk :shock:

Name- Fenron Ishgal
Age- 32
Their Side- Shadow Knights
History- Fenron's history is shrouded in mystery and intrigue, if you're the kind of person who enjoys snooping. Fenron grew up in a good home, but at 15 was kidnapped. The traumatic experienced rendered him memoryless and slightly deranged. He forgot where he came from and joined bandits attacking wagons, when he desired to be turned into a werewolf. He met a traveler who happened to know where a werewolf could be found and the rest was history. Fenron eagerly turned himself into a beast shunned by society and has lived his life out in the good favor of the head of the shadow Knights, whose name is Quasim. In the Battle of Yetis Moor, Fenron proved himself worthy of the great dragon's attention by single-handedly taking down the captain of the Demon Rider armada, but not without a few deadly wounds. Storm brought the half dead man to the healers after the fight, and it took three months to patch him back up.
Appearance- Fenron is a scraggly man, a gangly six feet two inches tall with snarled, shoulder-length black hair. His eyes have little emotion and seem to be empty shells. His body is trim, muscular but thin. He is pale, compared to his black hair. He has all the look of a wild man, indeed he has been living in the forests for many years with his curse. Now, however, he has lived in the Shadow Knight barracks for two years and has tamed down some. There is an unsightly white scar from the middle of his stomach to the small of his back, about five inches wide, where he was nearly killed by the captain of the Armada. In his werewolf form, no hair appears over the scar, leaving a gaping hole in his side, a weakness even he cant deny.
Weapons- Himself. On Storm there is a dragon lance and a zanbatou.
Abilities- Changing into his were-wolf form at any point he so chooses. In that state, he is ten times stronger and cant be taken down easily.
Extra- He travels with a white dragon named Storm, her info is below. She carries him into battle and tries to take care of him.

Name: Czarzichizzic aka "Storm"
Breed: White Dragon
Speech Abilities? Yes

Name- Quasim
Age- Lost count at 1000
History- The great dragon's whole history is too long to ever hope to get through. In the most recent years, the dragon has been sleeping beneath the Yetis Castle, waiting for the battle to happen. When it finally did, the great dragon resumed his natural place at the head of the Shadow Knights, using his conniving mind and large size to intimidate every foe he has come across. The beast bears battle scars and a warped mind, but his tactics inevitably lead his armies to victory. Perched on his back is the Black Rider from the Battle of Yetis Moor, who decided to be Quasim's magic user instead of the dragon's snack. The Black Rider's name is Finn, and he is a mere 21 years old.
Appearance- Quasim's body is long and sinewy, still muscular even in his old age. His wings bear little, if any, tears and tatters, a result of only battling when he knew he could win. However, the great dragon's tail ends abruptly fifteen feet down it, a result of skirmishes with older red dragons when he himself was a juvenile. His face is scarred and partially deformed on the left side from an attack by a younger, smaller dragon. His many scars and blemishes only serve to intimidate enemies more.
Weapons- Himself.
Abilities- Shape Change (he can shape change into a human), his breath weapons.
Extra- Quasim has a weakness, as do all ancient dragons. However, his tough-scaled body is tough to hack through and he hides his weakness well. Not to mention the beast usually operates from the sidelines.

SpringTimeFox
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hallik on Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:30 am

Is the main thread up?

Hallik
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:00 am

No, not yet, but I assume that STF will put it up shortly so that we may begin the carnage.

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Contributor Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SpringTimeFox on Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:08 pm

The main Thread will be open in just a moment :D
I finally got time to get online for a bit. Its been a busy day. Once the thread is up, the link will be in the first post here.

SpringTimeFox
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nevan on Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:00 pm

((Ok, i know it was mostly my fault that power playing happened in Yeti's Moor. So i've come to redeem myself, this character is as weak as i could possibly make it, hes always running from fights and can only just manage to beat an average soldier in a normal fight, so i hope this stops it :P))

I lyke chocolate milk.

Name-Tobi

Age-Unkown, but hes pretty young

History- He was originally training for the Shadow Knights Black mages squadron. But as growing up his teachers often said that Tobi had no tallent what-so-ever, and he was proboly much better dead. Tobi often goofed off, wich made his teachers angry. When his final mage exams happened, the gods must have trully been shined upon him, for he PASSED them. To his astonishment, he ran around for hours saying how much a good mage he was. Only to later try magic again and find he could only just manage to make a small fireball. Tobi spent the next day sulking, only to be approached by on of his classmates who confessed to putting a potion in Tobi's drink wich made his magical abilities enhanced for a while, wich explains why he passed. He tried to avoid doing magic infront of other people in public and tried to enhance his skills in private. He joined the Shadow Knight army, and wanted to fight in the battle of Yeti's Moor, but unfortunately he wasnt skilled enough, he was fascinated by Quasim's doings in the Battle of Yetis Moor, and although being scared silly of the ancient dragon, he worships him like a hero. He then joined the army for the battle of Throne's, for his higher ranking mages felt him ready. Although secretly Tobi knows his skills havent increased much at all. But to make up for his low skills, he does have the ability to run like hell away from a fight, he was once seen running nearly twice the speed of a normal man away from a Shadow knight who he had mistakingly annoyed during a sparring fight.

Appearance- Tobi has black spiky hair, and wears a black cloak that comes down to his ankles, that are fastened up with buttons. Under that he wears hard boots and trousers, aswell as a black shirt. His face is covered by an orange mask, that has a spiral pattern on it that starts in his lower left side of the mask, it spirals around like a swiss roll until it reaches where his right eye is. Where there is a hole so he can see out of it. His eye is white, and has a black pupil. He has no hole in the mask for his left eye, it is unkown why this is.

Weapons- He is a black mage but because of his extremely low skills his higher ups gave him a long sword he keeps under his cloak, wich he has no idea how to use, he pulls it out in battle, but uses it mostly to evade attacks and defend himself while he runs away.

Abilities- Well, his eye is white for a reason. Because of his extremely low skills his uncle awarded him the eye, and magically enhanced it so he would have a small chance of surviving in battle. This eye, not only being so white it freaks you out if you stare directly into it, creates an illusion figure of Tobi infront of his enemy (Think holograms), wich will foolishly engage the enemy while the real Tobi legs it. Because this ability is mostly undetectable by all but the extremely powerfull magics, makes the enemy think Tobi can not be killed, epecially when the enemy stabs there sword through the illusion wandering why they just stabbed someone and there sword passed through them like he wasnt there.

As explained in history, he can also run pretty fast, and jump pretty high, wich comes in usefull since hes usually a coward.

Extra- Since there is no personallity part, ill use extra to explain his personality here.

His personality is annoying, he often runs away from fights and acts most of the time care free and goofy, he isnt bothered by most things and likes to brighten things up. He often makes a fool out of himself but people often like him because of his different personality. They say although hes annoying, goofy, care free, annoying, cowardly and annoying, he often brightens up the often gloomy and boring black mage squadron.

Nevan
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Party Starter Lifegiver Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SpringTimeFox on Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:20 pm

This goes not only for you, Itachi, but for everyone. If there is a hint of powerplaying, god-modding, or other such actions, we expect you to change it when we ask. We don't expect it to happen, ever. Hence the rules.

As it is, your profile is accepted Itachi. You may post.

SpringTimeFox
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nevan on Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:23 pm

Ok, thanks Spring.....*Cries* Bueatifull speech, Ill make you proud :P.

Nevan
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Party Starter Lifegiver Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sin sin on Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:36 am

~reminds to be edited > <~
Last edited by sin sin on Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

all pictures that i use in my bios DO NOT belong to me

sin sin
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:11 am

Sadly there is no one sided as anyone of or allied with the Voric Knighthood.

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fractal Resonance on Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:47 pm

I was trying to join as a Voric, but I'm not very experienced in these sort of forum based fights. So, getting uberpwned and looking silly while doing it totally isn't cool. But I'll post a bio soon anyway.

Fractal Resonance
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SpringTimeFox on Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:10 pm

lol Fractal :D I'll help you out, dont worry. I'll be making a Voric profile in a minute, actually.

SinSin- please read the rules. Also, the format for your profile is wrong for this RP. Please fix those problems. Otherwise I can not accept your profile.

SpringTimeFox
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sin sin on Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:54 pm

ok.. I'll edit my post, it will remain to be edited, I was half awake when I passed through this thread, It might take awhile for me to come up with a Human rp of my taste. xD or if you want..

I can pull out my first original character, which is rather over powered, she is rather like nigu, a magic knight... in fact nigu was created based off her, but much weaker. but I will make changes to make her fit into the rp.

sin sin
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: War of Thrones ~ *Recruiting Good Guys* ~ OOC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SpringTimeFox on Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:51 pm

Name- Kirstana Stormblade
Age- 25
Their Side- Voric Knighthood
History- Kirstana was born into the knighthood as an only child. Her parents attempts at creating a boy failed, ending with five miscarriages and her mother killing herself in shame. Kirstana was ushered into the knighthood by her father, who treated her like a boy, much to young Kirsta's enjoyment. Being a woman, the knighthood frowned upon her learning face-to-face combat, and was trained in as an archer. She quickly rose through the ranks over ten years, bringing her out on top. She now holds the highest title available to a woman archer in the Voric Knighthood. She commands most of the archers, answering only to her high commander.
Appearance- Kirstana stands five feet and four inches tall. Her raven-black hair is chopped short, her green eyes pierce through souls. She wears the armor of her would-have-been brother, pale white with silver borders.
Weapons- Long bow and arrows, Two daggers in her belt for close combat.
Abilities- Her sight is extraordinary, but she is a human and therefore has no magical skills.
Extra- Kirstana gets along with dragons well. She also is good at face-to-face combat regardless of what the knighthood tried to stop her from learning.

Alright, thats my third-fourth character. Since she's technically my third, seeing as Fenron and Storm are 'together'... though they are just as much work as two separate characters...

SpringTimeFox
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!