Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Fulham Bị Cấm Chuyển Nhượng Sau Vụ Bán Sao Trẻ Cho Liverpool » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Artificial ~Closed~

a topic in Futuristic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in the future of any sort, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: Artificial ~Closed~

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ForbiddenVerse on Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:43 am

The man gave a nod and scratched his chin. Would they really have a prototype's hard drive on hand? He didn't think so. If the creator made the prototype for a company, everything but the files for him had been cleared out. They may have other hard drives, but for the model he was being tested for. He doubted they'd give up one of those things for a prototype they didn't need anymore. This was tricky business. Maybe it would just be easier to let him 'function'' the way he was. There were other options after all.

"You don't necessarily have to go that far. He is an advanced model for a prototype. I could fix his hard drive in a small way and he'll be able to turn on and function for the most part. He'll probably freeze every once in a while, forget how to do something, general things that happen to a computer with a virus. We could also the company creator to give us the memory and I could install it and give you a copy. That way even if the memory gets damaged in his database, you'll haave it and can reinstall it in him. I warn you though, he won't function perfectly anymore, even with the new hard drive. He's been programmed with emotions and that science isn't perfected. It will cause a stress's on his hard drive and he'll eventually break down again. Computers aren't always compatible with emotions.
Image<-- Click Please

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ForbiddenVerse
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:41 pm

Mina listened carefully to what the man said and knew that either way this was just going to prolong the inevitable, but for now, she'd take it. "I do have to go that far, he did save my life, and even if you may not realize it, he does value his life." She said as she looked down at his mangled body. "He was compatible with emotions, for two years there was not a thing wrong with him. It wasn't until they took his memory away that it made him go down hill." She sighed before looking at the man with a determined gaze.

"If you come with me, I'm sure that it will be a lot easier to convince them to give me the memory. He may have been their prototype, but by default he is mine. They let him go out on his own, and that resulted in me getting attached to him without knowing it, this is their fault and they need to own up to their actions." She said smartly as she got to her feet.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ForbiddenVerse on Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:54 pm

The man rubbed his chin and shrugged. "Okay I guess. I don't know how much I can help you with that but I can try," he responded to her. "When do you want to go? I am not busy right now. I can just close shop for a while and leave him plugged in. The most it can do is charge him. My other computers will stay plugged in to make sure nothing else goes wrong or let anything get damaged. They'll save his data," he answered her.

Two years he lived with emotions? That was a little hard to take in. What kind of custom model was this computer? What was he to her? All the memories he had were about another woman. Mina was in them, but vaguely. Most of his attention was focused on his current owner. What was his current owner going to say now anyway that the computer was all broken? He didn't think she'd want him back. At least Mina wanted him. He was one lucky computer. He would have just been thrown into the garbage can.

ForbiddenVerse
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:16 pm

Mina suddenly smiled. "Thank you." She said as they leaved his shop. She waited while he closed it before they began to make their way to the facility. She wondered if this was a good idea, would Jace be grateful that she was bringing him back, or would he be upset to find that his body and system wouldn't function as properly as he did before. How would he react to know that some other woman actually owned him now? Mina really wished they would've changed all of his passwords, then they wouldn't be in this situation.

"My names Mina," she suddenly spoke to the man who had graciously been helping her. "I didn't catch your name."

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ForbiddenVerse on Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:35 pm

The man smiled as they walked out and gave a nod in acknowledgment. "Nice to meet you Mina. My name is Nick. Too bad we didn't meet at a better time," he answered her. He looked out across the streets and bit his lip out of an odd habit. "So, where exactly are we going? What company was he created for?" he asked. Once again the question of what kind of prototype Tyler was came to mind. he was a computer freak. He couldn't help it. It was why he was working as a computer repair man after all.

(sorry it is crappy and it took a while. I had to do something.)

ForbiddenVerse
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:49 pm

Mina nodded her head. "Yes, it is too bad." She hailed a taxi cab. "We're going to the facility that he was created. I don't know the name, but he was created to be human in every way. I met him two years ago, and for over a year I thought he was perfect and human. He even proposed to me. It wasn't until three weeks before our wedding that I discovered he wasn't human. Can you believe that he was programmed that good?" she laughed dryly at the last part. She climbed into the cab and scooted over to make room for Nick.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ForbiddenVerse on Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:08 pm

Nick listened to her story rather surprised. She hadn't noticed he was a computer until three weeks before their.... wedding? She was married to a computer? What did they do? Were they... intimate? How did it work? He still couldn't believe he was able to pretned to be human all that time. That was some damn good programing. "Well, if he was a prototype with that good of disguise, I kinda worry about the actual models."

ForbiddenVerse
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:08 am

Mina nodded her head as he spoke. "Yes, I know, but his creators were upset with his ability to deviate away from his programming. I suppose that's why they stripped him of his memory and sold him at discount, but they don't realize he's still pulling away from his programming, even though it isn't as strong as before. He defied his owner on a few occasions, and now here he went against everything to save my life. He doesn't remember me in his files, but I know that somewhere he has retained emotions." She said.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ForbiddenVerse on Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:00 pm

"Huh. That is interesting. I have never heard of a computer like that. I mean, I've seen computers and made computers that could portray emotions like pain and such but that is interesting. He shouldn't have changed his programming so much by himself or deviated from logic at all. Logic is programmed constantly into them. If you don't mind, I want a closer look at him. I'll fix him, I just want to study him a little. Can I do that?" he asked.

(wanna skip to the part where they get the memory?)

ForbiddenVerse
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:59 pm

((Sure))

"I suppose you can study him, but you have to be careful, please." She pleaded softly to him.

After they arrived at the facility, Mina was starting to feel nervous. Was this really the best idea? It probably wasn't, but she couldn't back down now. After all, the man had said that he would let her have his memory. She wondered if he was really going to have her pay for it, or if that part was only included with purchasing a new model to install the memory in. She didn't need a new model, she was happy with the one she had.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ForbiddenVerse on Mon May 03, 2010 6:47 pm

The actual owner of all the models and prototypes wasn't too keep on the idea, but what did it really matter anyway? He had copied the memory on other models and the system server. Besides, the prototype was damaged beyond repair. No one could fix it completely. Why not let the girl have her fun with the system? It seemed she was quite attached to it. Maybe they should make similar models. They'd sell like hot cakes and people would be attached. it didn't seem like a popular idea to some of his staff workers, but what did that matter? They'd make millions!

He allowed the girl and the mechanic to come into the company and took out the memory that they needed. Other models were already being made and some of them were already on hibernate and in the windows to be looked at like dolls on a shelf. He walked to the customers and gave them a smile. "Here's the memory. I am sorry to say this, but you'll have to pay for it. You didn't have to pay for the model after all. It is only fair we get a little something in return."

ForbiddenVerse
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Mon May 03, 2010 7:29 pm

Mina looked at the man and narrowed her eyes as he said she had to pay for it. She shook her finger at him, her eyes dark. "How dare you, that's all you care about isn't it?" she snapped. "First off, I didn't know he was an AI for well over a year and by then it was too late. You're the one who wasted my time and my efforts. You're lucky I don't sue you, and trust me, I'd sue you for everything you own. You can't expect me to pay for something that you imposed on my life without giving me any word as to what I was falling into. You're the one who used me as the experiment, so if anything, it's only fair you give me the memory back." She spoke calmly, but it was worse than if she had yelled at him.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ForbiddenVerse on Mon May 03, 2010 7:42 pm

Damn. The girl had a point. If she sued, their project would be in jeopardy and their company would have a bad name. He glared at the woman but there wasn't much else he could do. "Fine. Take the memory. On one condition however. Leave the company name out of this. You have what you want," he answered her and handed the chip to her. The woman sounded obsessed about the thing. He was just a computer. "You could always buy a new model with the same attributes," he added. "Then it would be like he never left. Just put the same memories into the other model." With that, he turned away from her and went back to supervising his work.

ForbiddenVerse
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Mon May 03, 2010 7:45 pm

Mina glared at him. She knew she had him in a hole and she would win. "Fine, I will." She said. "No I couldn't, there was something about this model, even now he's breaking away from his programming." She spoke daringly before watching him walk away. She sighed and smiled while turning back to Nick. "Well that went over well." She smirked and handed the chip to him since she was pretty clueless about what to do with it. She wasn't quite sure how to install it, so she'd leave it to Nick. "Let's get out of here before they charge us for breathing their air."

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ForbiddenVerse on Mon May 03, 2010 8:11 pm

Nick gave her a smirk and a nod. He took the chip from her and started laughing. "Yeah, I guess so. What do you expect from a large corporation?" he added. They managed to get back to the shop and everything was how it was left. Jace was still laying motionless on the lab desk and all the other AIs were all around him like life support. Nick locked himself up in the room and put in the chip and did a few things before he came back out. Jace was still shut off but that was just because he had to shut him off to maintain the system. Nick set down the Ai next to Mina and waited. His frame was bandages but other than that, it looked like he was okay.

ForbiddenVerse
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Mon May 03, 2010 9:08 pm

Mina smiled and nodded. She followed Nick out of the building. Back at the shop she waited patiently while he was trying to put Jace back together. She looked up as he finally came back out and set Jace down carefully. She looked at the model and brushed his hair from his eyes. She had missed him so much, she hoped that this would work. She turned him on and waited patiently. She took his hand, staring at him. "Jace, honey, are you there?" she asked in a gentle voice. She hoped this had worked. She didn't know what to do without him.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ForbiddenVerse on Mon May 03, 2010 9:18 pm

Unlike before, she could hear his system starting up. His chest lifted in a breath and his eyes fluttered open slowly. He felt something in his hand so 'instinctively' his hand closed around it. He lifted his face a little and saw Mina sitting beside him. He gave her a bright smile and sat up straighter. He hugged her to him and winced from pain. Why was he in pain? He looked down at himself and saw bandages on his body. He didn't remember being hurt. It must have happened when his creators took him back to the lab.

"Hi sweetie," he said softly in her ear. "How long have I been out?" he asked and lifted her face to his. It seemed like only yesterday that he had seen her and hugged her. "I hope I wasn't gone long." He caressed her cheek gently and rested his forehead on hers. She was perfect. She was always perfect.

ForbiddenVerse
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Mon May 03, 2010 9:24 pm

Mina instantly broke into a smile as tears filled her eyes. It was so good to see him again, she hugged him back, but gently. She could see the pain upon his face, and she didn't want to cause him anymore pain than he was all ready in. "A while," she said. She didn't want to give him the exact time as that would only stress him out. She leaned against him as their foreheads were together. It was a special moment for them. Mina could sense that she wouldn't have him as long as she had used to believe.

"I missed you." She murmured before looking to Nick. "Honey, this is Nick, he put you back together after you jumped in front of the car." She said as she gestured to Nick. "Is there any way to repair his body more?" she asked. "I don't want him to be in so much pain." She said softly.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ForbiddenVerse on Mon May 03, 2010 9:57 pm

"I missed you to," Jace said softly. He leaned in a little closer and kissed her lips softly. He hadn't been aware that there was anyone else in the room until she said anything. He turned to see the human there. "I jumped in front of a car? Why did I jump in front of a car?" he asked a little stunned. That explained why he was in so much pain. Why didn't he remember anything? Was he awake before? Then he remembered himself. He stood up and gave a smile to the human. The man had put him back together. He had to thank him.

"Thank you for helping me," he said.

The man smiled and nodded. "No problem. It's what I do. As for the pain, I could code it out, but I need your permission to get into his system again." At the mention of systems, Jace tensed a little. He didn't want people messing around with it even if the guy did help him.

ForbiddenVerse
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Mon May 03, 2010 10:01 pm

Mina smiled. She missed his touch and his kisses. It felt so wonderful to have him back with her, especially after having to put up with Tylor. "You pushed me out of the way, once again proving you are human." She smiled as she touched his face lightly. She watched him stand up. She looked at Nick and shook her head. "It's not my decision, like I said Nick, he's more human than some of the people I know. You'll need his permission, not mine. He's his own person." She said as she got up and slid her hand into Jace's.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!