Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Artificial ~Closed~

a topic in Futuristic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in the future of any sort, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: Artificial ~Closed~

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ForbiddenVerse on Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:16 pm

You aren't alive! Those first words hurt him the most when she started her speech. The ripping pain in his chest only got worse with each progressive moment. The words that sprang from her mouth all tore at his core. How could she say those things? He hadn't done anything wrong! He was always trying to prove himself to her and now she was taking him down bit by bit. When her strike came, his eyes widened and he pulled away from her a little more. Tears filled his eyes again and dripped down his face. He loved her! Why couldn't she see that? He knew the differences between them! He thought about that difference every day he was existed. Her words only proved that she didn't think of him as an individual at all. He wasn't a person, a thing to care about. He was just an appliance.

His 'pretty shell', as she put it, was trembling. He gripped the shirt above his heart. His heart felt like it would burst and this time it wasn't a good feeling. "I know I am a machine! I know I have electric parts and electricity instead of blood! I notice those things every day and every day I wish those separations weren't there. Why can't it be okay? I'll watch over you and then if I continue to 'exist' then I could take care of a family that we could adopt. Things can be okay! Please... Please don't say things like that. I want to be alive. What is it really to be alive? What's so different? I breath, I exist, I think, is that not what it is to be alive?" he questioned and wiped at the tears on his face. "And please don't hit me. I don't want you to hate me."
Image<-- Click Please

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ForbiddenVerse
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:17 am

Mina sobbed against him. She hated this, especially the pain. She wanted it all to just go away. It just wasn't fair, why couldn't Jace be real? The only reason she was lashing out and feeling anger was because she loved him so much and was realizing she couldn't deny him. He was a machine, but he was so much more to her, and that fact was just a little hard to accept now that she knew what exactly he was. Could she be happy with him? She had been for over a year before now, why should the truth matter? It shouldn't, it should only make her cherish him more. She didn't want to lose him, he was her whole life now, and the thought frightened her.

His words made her feel more miserable by the minute. He still wanted her, why? What was so special about her that seperated her from the rest of the human species that had him loving her? Why couldn't this be upon someone else's shoulders? She looked at his face and touched it lightly with her hand. "I'm sorry," she mumbled apologetically. She really hadn't wanted to hit him, she was just so confused, angry, hurt, and a little bitter. She ran her hand down his cheek, her finger tips tingling. Why was that? Why was it that every time she touched him, it was like getting a boost in life? Why did it feel as though she felt life flowing through her? Was that because she was in love with him, or because he was a machine?

"Why me?" she asked weakly. "Why did you ever fall in love with me?"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ForbiddenVerse on Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:21 pm

Why her? There were a million and one reason why he was in love with her. Her smile, her laugh, her carefree nature and her love of the natural world. Everything she did made him happy. He liked making her happy. She was the first person that came to him. She was so nice to him, to everyone around them and the reason that she probably didn't want to hear was the reason why he first fell in love with her. He saw her first. That was the real reason before love actually started to bloom in his electronic beat he called a heart. He closed his eyes when she traced his cheek and he moved his head to catch her fingertips on his lips in his usual gesture of love. He was still walking that thin line between staying with her and being rejected and he hated that feeling of being unsure of what to do.

"I love you because your kindness, your smile, laugh, and the way you do everything. I like everything you do. That's why I love you," he began. He couldn't lie. That was the one thing that he always hesitated on. Sometimes he managed to squeak out a lie but most of the time, he gave her the answer she wanted and this time, he knew he had to tell her the truth. The answer he gave her was why he loved her, not why he picked her in the first place. Maybe it would be better if he said everything. "I picked you at first because that's what I was supposed to do. You were the first woman to come to me. After I changed my programing, I stayed because of the list I said before. I love you for everything you do."

ForbiddenVerse
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:47 pm

Mina let his words wash over her. As much as she wanted to refect him since she felt as though she should be repulsed, his words only drew her in further. She frowned as he said she was picked first because that was what was supposed to happen. That wasn't exactly what she wanted to hear. She waited though, and her waiting was paid off as he stayed with her even after he changed his programming. She sighed softly, her eyes on him, the tears still leaking from her eyes. She leaned forward, letting her lips touch his ever so slightly.

"So you can feel that?" she pulled back. "How can your heart beat if you don't have one?" she asked softly. She rested her head where his heart should be, and even though she expected a whir of sound, it wasn't there. She could even feel the faint pressure from what would be considered a heart. She wondered why this was.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ForbiddenVerse on Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:33 pm

Those tears... why did she have to look at him with those tears? The raw emotion there made him feel like he was responsible for all of this and in a way, maybe he was responsible for her sadness. He messed up and she found out that he was a machine and now she was sad. He didn't want her to be sad. What was he supposed to do to make her happy again? He couldn't be human so that wasn't an option unfortunately. Then she leaned towards him and her lips connected with his own. His eyes widened a little surprised before he tried to capture the kiss but she pulled away.

"Yes I can feel it. My lips tingle when ours touch and I feel some kind of weight on my chest. It's a good weight though. I feel weird in a good a way. Electricity pumps through me like blood would in you. I don't have a real heart but I have a chip there. It acts as a heart. Without it, I would stop moving," he explained. Then with one hand he lifted her face to meet his. He had to see her eyes when he asked his next question. "What could I do now to make you happy? I'd do anything to see you smile again. Please don't cry anymore." With his thumb he wiped away her tears and leaned his forehead on hers.

ForbiddenVerse
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:50 pm

Mina couldn't help her crying. Her world had crashed around her all in one morning. She felt a little hope as he spoke. He could feel it, he wasn't cold, or lifeless. Perhaps he was real. He was supposed to be a human as much as possible, the only thing missing was blood. He was just like her, except for that one fact. He felt like her, he spoke like her, he loved like her, he lived like her, why wasn't that human? She moved a hand over his heart. It felt like a heart, just because it wasn't full of blood didn't mean it couldn't be a heart. People received transplants all the time for artificial hearts that lasted for years.

She sighed as he asked her, his eyes looking directly into her's. They were always so peculiar, but she had always loved them. She let him wipe her tears away as their foreheads touched. "I don't know Jace. This is so hard for me to understand. All my life I've thought of marrying a man, a human, but now that I know what you are, it's like someone put a block up in my mind." She was frustrated that all her mind saw was a piece of machinery when her heart saw him for the man he was. "I just...don't ever leave me." She finally managed. "I don't know what I can do, or if I can get over this hiccup, but I could stand to lose you." She told him before she shifted her head from his and kissed him more soundly this time.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ForbiddenVerse on Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:10 pm

At first her words brought a frown upon his lips. She might not be able to get over the truth and that was an obvious problem. She couldn't accept him, he'd probably be taken out of the picture. He didn't want to loose her so when she said she wanted him to stay, a smile brightened his face a little and he hugged her tightly against him. He'd never leave her. He had never dreamed of leaving her side. He wanted to be with her forever and a day. Even longer! He returned her kiss passionately and sighed against her. Maybe they would get over this.

"I'll never leave you, Mina. I was always afraid that you'd find out what I was and then leave me somewhere or fall in love with a human and I wouldn't be there for you anymore. I'd do anything just to stay by your side. As long as I have that, I'll be happier than if I were thrown out like a broken doll or something. That and I was worried you'd... turn me off..." he said in a whisper and didn't look at her. Did that thought ever come to her mind before he had said anything? He hoped not.

ForbiddenVerse
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:27 am

Mina felt a little better as he kissed her back. It was different now that she knew what he was, but she didn't want it to end just the same. She listened to what he said and nodded her head as she cuddled in close to him. It hurt to have this new knowledge, but she knew that it was probably better to find out now, than when she was already married to him. She was confused now, she wasn't sure if she was supposed to go through with the marriage to him, or even if she could.

"Turn you off?" she asked as she had her face pressed lightly against his neck. Even though he was a machine, he was still warm like a person. "That's possible?" it wasn't as if she was asking because she was considering shutting him off, it was just the thought that was strange. That he could just be turned off like that, well it was a really strange thought and it was difficult to wrap her mind around it. "Does this mean you can have your memory wiped? That you'd never know me?" she asked a little shocked.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ForbiddenVerse on Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:28 pm

By the shock in her voice and the confusion, he was beginning to think he shouldn't have said anything about himself being shut off. It was a little to explain and he hoped it wouldn't cause more of a complications. He'd have to tell her and show her everything. He didn't quite mind telling her about himself though. He had always wanted to tell her everything, explain everything that he could to her. It was like a discovery. He had to learn about her and her ways, now she had to learn about his. It would be interesting to see as she took the baby steps to understanding everything. He wondered if she felt the same way at the time when they first met.

He took one of her hands and brought it up to the back of his ear and used her finger to trace a section on his head. It felt normal enough. Just skin and hair if you weren't expecting anything else. "If you press down in that area, I turn off. It doesn't mean I'll forget anything. I'll just be off and someone would have to turn me back on. I'd only forget you if someone hacked into my memories and hard drive or my creator decided to go there and wipe it all clean. Then all my memories and everything I have done would be gone. I'd be reverted back to what I was before I met you and I'd look through the eyes of someone new to everything around me like the day you found me. Don't worry though. I have been equipped with the highest security so the only way someone can get in is if my creator did.

"I'd rather have you as my owner though. I could do that. I could name you as the person who owns me. We could change the passwords and everything so he can't get in. At least I don't think he'll be able to get in. All my functions would be yours to command though. You could shut me off, put me to sleep, have me restart if you upload something, and you could program addition stuff into me so I know more. If I am just at the whim of my creator, he'd have the power to shut me off forever. I don't want to stop moving. I want to be with you forever," he explained and brought her close again. Life was important to him just as his memories. They were so fragile. With one word, they could all be wiped away and it would be like he never existed. He didn't want that. What little he had was important to him. It made him sad that some people didn't seem to care about those precious little jewels.

ForbiddenVerse
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:49 pm

Mina kept her mind open, ready to accept everything he threw at her. She couldn't lose him. Perhaps if she had found out just a month earlier, or even a few weeks, she would've kicked him out by now, but she was too much in love with him to hurt them both like that. She needed to be with him. She just needed it. He was her support for happiness, and she knew it was wrong to lean on someone for your own happiness, but all he had ever done was to make her happy. It was pretty hard to not count on him to make you happy when that was all he ever did.

She let him take her hand. She didn't feel anything different as he traced it over a patch of skin behind his ear. She shook the strange feeling away. It was that easy to turn him off? She bit her lip, her eyes watering as she was realizing how fragile her relationship with him really was. She placed her hand against his face as she felt pity and remorse. She'd rather lose him to death than knowing he just was wiped clean of memory and didn't even remember her. The thought hurt her to know he could just not remember her.

Mina was struggling with all of the information and trying to process it. She leaned forward and pressed her face lightly against his. "Let's just leave," she finally mumbled, her eyes closed. "Let's run away, let's not have to worry." She took in a shuddering breath as she pulled him tightly to her as if she feared of him being pulled away from her. She held him tightly, not wanting to go.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ForbiddenVerse on Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:46 pm

"Go away? Where do you want to go?" he asked her and wrapped his arms around her and rested his head on top of hers. He didn't care where they went. He was still with her. She still wanted him and that was all that mattered to him. He wasn't being shunned. A small smile spread across his lips for a moment before he kissed her head. "Thank you for you accepting me, Mina." He lifted her head up to his and captured her lips in a kiss and nuzzled her face. "I'll do anything for you, and that is not just my programming. I really want to make you happy because I do love you ."

"Do you still want to get married and go through with everything we planned?" he asked then. He knew it was something he probably shouldn't have brought up, but he had to know. Their wedding was coming fast and they had quite a few people invited to it. They couldn't just, not show up. Besides, he did want to be married to her. He had dreamed about it for so long and he knew that she had as well. "We don't have to if you don't want to..." he added reluctantly.

(sorry it is short and sorry I took so long! I had so many things going on! Please forgive me. >.<)

ForbiddenVerse
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:00 am

MIna melted against him as he kissed her lips before nuzzling her face gently. She loathed herself for being so weak, but she knew that she couldn't stop loving him. She had fallen too hard for him that she wouldn't let him go. He had made her life fun and more than just a life. He made it worth getting up in the morning and helped her be happy. "I know, I believe you." She said softly. She sighed as he presented her with the questions she was so confused about. "I don't know Jace, right now I'm just so confused." She looked at him in the face before she shook her head.

"Let's go to the country, let's not come back. No one has to know, it'll just be us. I need you, and I want you Jace. Please, I don't want to be here anymore. Let's just leave." She suggested softly. She really didn't like this anymore, she truly wanted to leave everything behind and start a new life with him where no one would know them.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ForbiddenVerse on Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:49 pm

After the moment of confession, Jace did everything he cook to book a flight as soon as possible to a remote area. They packed only the things that they needed and headed off without telling anyone. To all of their friends, it would have appeared as if they had up and vanished. They left no way of contact except telephone which they never answered anyway. They got married and no one besides them knew the truth behind Jace's history. Everyone, except his creators of course. They kept close tabs on their creation and they were beginning to get a little antsy. It had been a few weeks since their marriage now and everything seemed to be going pretty well. They opened up a small business with coffee again and everything seemed to be going well.

Jace had made dinner for Mina as usual and they were both lazing on the couch just enjoying each others company. It was time for Jace to recharge his battery so he was plugged in to the tv. He was laying against Mina and played with her hair. He couldn't have been happier. He was still part of her life and nothing was going to change that. They were married now. Nothing could separate them, right? They were lovers forever. He glanced at the ring on his finger and gave a smile. "I love you," he said to her.

ForbiddenVerse
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:46 pm

Everything had happened in such a blur for Mina. One moment they were packing, the next she found herself forever bound to Jace and opening up a small coffee shop in the little town that was their new home. It was so weird, and she still had her doubts, but being away from the previous life had given her room to grow and realize that she definitely loved him too much to let go. He was good to her, just like he always had been. It amazed her everytime she tried to remember an instance where he had so much as flashed his eyes in anger with her, she found none. He truly was her perfect man.

The young couple was quite preoccupied with each other as they were lazing quietly on the couch. It was a warm afternoon and Jace really had gotten the hang of making food. It wasn't so awkward now when he didn't eat, but he was an excellent chef. "You're going to get me fat one of these days." She said with a soft yawn before kissing the corner of his mouth. "I love you too." She shifted her head back to his shoulder before she sighed. "Is this the right thing?" she mumbled softly. She had given everything up for him, a machine, one that could break down or could forget her in an instant.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ForbiddenVerse on Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:00 pm

He smiled at her as he always did and caressed her face softly. A small scar still remained on the palm of his hand when he had cut himself. He had managed to sew the artificial skin up, but it was never going to heal obviously. He wasn't that human after all. He caught her words and frowned. Was it right? What was right? What was she talking about? He tilted his head to the side confused and lifted her face up a little so she could look him in the face. He studied hers for a moment but couldn't find the answer there. The only way he'd find out was to ask.

"What is it Mina? Did I do something wrong? Is there something I need to do? You seem a little down and... pensive lately," he questioned and pushed her hair out of her face. He leaned closer and kissed her cheek in a comforting manner. Was she still upset about the fact that he wasn't human? There was nothing that was going to change that fact unfortunately. "Is my charging bothering you? I could go to a different room..."

ForbiddenVerse
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:14 pm

Mina loved him, and wouldn't trade him for the world, but she was still getting used to his different behaviours. They were all human, but he had no real human instincts or intuition, at least she didn't think so. She frowned as she saw the sudden confusion she had caused. She sighed and shook her head as she placed her hand against his face to quickly reassure him.

"No, you didn't do anything wrong, I promise." She smiled. "No, I want you to stay with me." She said, latching her free hand onto his arm so he wouldn't move. At first his charging had bothered her, but she was used to it by now. "I just meant-" she stopped. "I wouldn't give this up for the world, but isn't it illegal or something for us to be married. You're a very convincing human, you fooled me for a very long time, but what if someone found out? Am I a sick and perverted person for loving you?" she asked honestly.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ForbiddenVerse on Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:21 pm

He couldn't help but smile when she nuzzled him and kept him closer. He was wanted. He was loved. That's all he would ever ask of her. He hugged her in return and listened to her explanations. Was she perverted for loving him? He never thought of it that way. It was true that he was a machine. He didn't know how to explain it to her, or what to say. First, he needed to know what perverse meant. He quickly did a scan of it. 1. Deviating from what is considered right and correct: a perverted idea of justice, 2. Of, relating to, or practicing sexual perversion, 3. Marked by misinterpretation or distortion. Maybe she was right unfortunately.

"Maybe. I don't know. So what if people find out? There isn't a law that prohibits our marriage. There are a lot of artificial life out there. Some have the function of pleasing humans in different ways. That's protected by the laws. Why not our love?" he asked her in return. "I think we will be fine. No one has to know. I won't tell anyone."

ForbiddenVerse
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:33 pm

Mina smiled as he seemed happy and content. It was so easy to please him and keep him happy. She wondered if he thought twice about making her happy or if it really was just his programming to do so. "I suppose you're right, but if anyone did find out, wouldn't they have issues?" she asked before shaking her head. "Let's not talk about this, I'm sorry I brought it up." She quickly apologized. She suddenly smiled and took his hand.

"Let's go for a walk, it's a beautiful day!" she said and pulled him out of their small house. She loved being in the small and quiet town. It was such a change from the city that she felt as though she were thrust into a completely different world all together.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ForbiddenVerse on Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:50 pm

"It is okay. It is one of your concerns. I want to be able to talk about things. Human couples do and we are no different," he countered. He really wanted to believe that. There was no difference besides the biological one. Then Mina wanted to go out. He was yanked to his feet but he managed to pull away and grab his cord before it was yanked out of he head. He followed her out into the town and smiled. Mina really was happy out here.

As they walked, Jace remembered a little show he had seen a few days earlier that had cute little ceramic dolls. He had wanted to buy one for Mina but he hadn't had enough money at the time. He had money now. He'd make it a surprise for her. A wider smile played on his lips and he broke from her hold. "I want to go get you something. You'll be so happy! Wait here, I'll go get it for you!" he exclaimed and ran off towards the shop. An hour had past and he still didn't return. Two hours passed and he was no where to be seen.

ForbiddenVerse
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:03 pm

Mina laughed as he quickly pulled his cord out as she had yanked him up to his feet. She laughed and just left the house with him. The sun was warm upon her face as she held his hand. She had never known such happiness before, even with the stipulation of the major difference between her and Jace. She watched him every so often, smiling perfetly content.

Jace was suddenly pulling from her, his face lit with the innocent and childish excitement when he had a very good idea. She looked at him questioningly before grinning. "Okay, I'll walk around and wait." She said and watched him disappear. She sighed, she didn't like to be left alone. She wandered around for a while, soon an hour passed. She began checking her watch frequently and frowned deeply as two hours passed. Surely it couldn't take this long. She began going in the direction he had gone. "Where'd you go Jace?" she mumbled to herself, very nervous.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!