Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Dracula and the Queen of the Damned. (Discussion)

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Dracula and the Queen of the Damned. (Discussion)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord Validrir on Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:25 am

I have long desired to see a vampire rp that pitted two titanic undead forces against each other. We've all seen vamps and werewolves, but what about two powerful Vampires only. To me the choice is obvious, a power struggle between Count Dracula king of vampires and Akasha queen of the damned. Feel free to add in your ideas and show your inthusiasm.

For any wishing to join simply post your character here and wait for my go ahead to start posting in the IC.

Clash of the Ancients

Name:
Race: Vampire/human
Class: vampires- council member/night stalker/civilian
Human- vampire hunter/civilian/huntsmen soldier
Affiliation: Dracula, Akasha, The Hunt Clan, None
Powers: transformation, hypnosis, flight, Telekenesis, Control of darkness (vampires only)
Appearance:
Background:
Personality:

This is the basic sheet, Hunters are effectively the opposite of Vampires. They belong to the hunt clan and are trained to find and destroy vampires. The hunters are like the comandos, they do the tracking and are trained better. The huntsmen soldiers are the basic foot men that add numbers to the hunt clan. I have added humans to give a bit of contrast, we'll think about werewolves later on. All vampires have that animal magnetism that defines them as the sexy undead we all know and love, so I did not put that as a power. As well all vamps are strong and fast, but the older vamps will be more so. (but know that the vamp night stalkers are like soldiers an will be better trained in combat than either your average council member or civilian.) These powers are limited for the vamp players, they may choose any two. Only Dracula, Lillith and Akasha may have all five. If any one can think of any others to add please let me know. (PS Lillith has some powers concering ice, this is specific to her, as being able to turn into fog, a wolf, and a bat is specific to Dracula. Other vampires can only become one kind of animal.
Last edited by Lord Validrir on Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lord Validrir
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Dracula and the Queen of the Damned. (Discussion)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eternity on Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:09 am

I'm a big Anne Rice fan, and have read a lot [or most] of her books, and I LOVE the idea you've got of two classical, non-sparkling vampires having a power-dispute.

Sounds great, I'm for it.
One who knows nothing, can understand nothing.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Eternity
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord Validrir on Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:30 am

Fantastic, see who you can get involved.

Lord Validrir
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby muketsu_bara on Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:25 pm

This looks rather interesting. May I join in?
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our Light, not our Darkness, that most frightens us." - Marianne Williamson
ImageImageImage

muketsu_bara
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby .The-Literate-Angel. on Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:58 pm

I'd love to join this little idea, I think the idea of the two vampire super powers pit against each other would be a great role play. I would love to play the Queen of the Damned. :3

.The-Literate-Angel.
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord Validrir on Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:32 pm

You are all welcome to join, really though I want to get one or two more people on board before I commit to this. First what I need is ideas though. Time period, story set up and the like. I am thinking current day or in the not far gone past. Either Dracula or the Queen of the damned will have been sleeping for a while and wakes to find the other already in power.They would of course use their clout to gain followers and rise up. Or they could have both been asleep after having their own period of rule in the past and wake at relatively the same time to find an unexpected challenge to their leadership. I am leaning more to the first idea, but I want some of yours as well.

Lord Validrir
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby .The-Literate-Angel. on Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:19 pm

I think that the setting should be placed in the earlier twentieth century, about 1940's-50's, perhaps later. And I like the first idea, though I think the Queen of the Damned should be the one to sleep since in that's how it was in the movie. One of her servants should awaken her to find Dracula in charge. What I was wondering though is whether the two should know each other, perhaps with some prior history or should they have been "awake" or "created" at different times, thus missing the other completely.

.The-Literate-Angel.
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord Validrir on Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:20 pm

I think they should have no prior knowledge of the other. This gives the whole thing a bit of uncertainty. Neither has any clue what to expect, but their massive pride will not allow them to contemplate failure to bring low the other.

Lord Validrir
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chulance on Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:41 am

This sounds very interesting two ancient vampire forces fighting. I'd love to play Dracula.
Have you ever dreamed of being extraordinary, being able to wield a super-human ability? Tissue Regeneration, Teleportation, Electricity Manipulation? What If I told you could, the way to obtain these abilities is simple. Click the Links.
OOC:http://www.roleplaygateway.com/heroes-heroes-villains-t29924.html
IC:http://www.roleplaygateway.com/heroes-heroes-villains-t29956.html

Chulance
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord Validrir on Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:57 am

Well we're not assigning character's just yet. We'll have to see though.

Lord Validrir
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kargoth on Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:05 pm

Sounds interesting..though i'd imagine that both dracula & akasha would not only be the most powerfull example's of thier kind, but have a few non-standard powers as well..advanced shapeshifting qualities, magic, ect.

Kargoth
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby .The-Literate-Angel. on Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:16 pm

I'm sure there would be some strong vampires, but these two, at least in the movies and stories, are portrayed as the most powerful of their kind and also as the leaders of the vampire world in their own respects.

.The-Literate-Angel.
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XxEvanescentMoonxX on Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:24 pm

I couln't agree more myself, I can't wait for this to get started...^_^ Whoot!!! -I also love Anne Rice's books as well, I have read any I could get my hands on!
❴04•30•17//been gone for awhile. Working on getting back into Threads again~.❵

XxEvanescentMoonxX
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord Validrir on Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:26 pm

Well I think that we have enough people interested to begin creating character sheets. So here's the basic format, and anyone wanting to be Dracula or Akasha needs to PM me with why they would be good as that character. This includes a small excerpt of how they would write them.

Name:
Race: Vampire/human
Class: vampires- council member/night stalker/civilian
Human- vampire hunter/civilian/huntsmen soldier
Affiliation: Dracula, Akasha, The Hunt Clan, None
Powers: transformation, hypnosis, flight, Telekenesis, Control of darkness (vampires only)
Appearance:
Background:
Personality:

Ok this is the basic sheet, Hunters are effectively the opposite of Vampires. They belong to the hunt clan and are trained to find and destroy vampires. The hunters are like the comandos, they do the tracking and are trained better. The huntsmen soldiers are the basic foot men that add numbers to the hunt clan. I have added humans to give a bit of contrast, we'll think about werewolves later on. All vampires have that animal magnetism that defines them as the sexy undead we all know and love, so I did not put that as a power. As well all vamps are strong and fast, but the older vamps will be more so. (but know that the vamp night stalkers are like soldiers an will be better trained in combat than either your average council member or civilian.) These powers are limited for the vamp players, they may choose any two. Only Dracula, Lillith and Akasha may have all five. If any one can think of any others to add please let me know. (PS Lillith has some powers concering ice, this is specific to her, as being to turn into fog, a wolf, and a bat is specific to Dracula. Other vampires can only become one kind of animal)
Last edited by Lord Validrir on Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:27 am, edited 3 times in total.

Lord Validrir
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XxEvanescentMoonxX on Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:22 pm

Name: Aradia Choisuel
Race: Vampire
Class: Night Stalker
Affiliation: None
Powers: Flight, superb senses (Sight, smell, hearing etc, etc…) she is able to jump up very high in the air, and at long distances. She has the abillity to control the shadows around her, manipulating them to do various things, like pick up objects twice her size and throw it at an enemy-or simply engulf her in darkness, making her gain the ability to blend in with the shadows and flit about her surroundings in flashing speed. She is able to read people's thoughts-literally read them- she sees them like silver words floating around the air as they come, and fade. She also possesses some power of telekinesis.
Weakness: She becomes powerless when she is exposed to the sun's rays.
Appearance: Aradia
Background:Not much is known about her background. It lies deeply within the recesses of her subconsciouness...
Personality: She is quiet, some call her the shadow come to life. She only speaks when she deems it necessary. She is smart and sarcastic sometimes. She doesn't like violence so when she finds herself in that situation she handles it by inflicting major damage to the abuser and saving the innocent. It's just a way to keep the peace. She finds it quite difficult to trust people, so she keeps to herself.
Last edited by XxEvanescentMoonxX on Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

XxEvanescentMoonxX
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby .The-Literate-Angel. on Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:53 am

Name: Akasha

Class: Queen of the Damned

Affiliation: Akasha

Powers: Telekenesis, hypnosis, The power of Amel which presides over darkness, allowing her to manipulate certain aspects of the night.

.The-Literate-Angel.
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord Validrir on Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:07 am

ok, but let's keep the bios comming. If no one will take on the persona of Dracula, I will, but otherwise I will be the leader of the hunt clan, Victor Van Helsing. unless of course there is an idividual who want's to play him as well.

Lord Validrir
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Anima on Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:18 pm

Wow, this looks cool. I'll join.

Name: Silena
Class: council member
Affiliation: Akasha
Powers: Has an enhanced sense on intuition.

Anima
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord Validrir on Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:48 am

Alright, so far so good. I would like everyone to remember that these are very classic vampire types. I chose powers that dracula and Akasha had so as not to get too out landish. I do not want a bunch of vampires with pyromancy and elemental gifts or any other mumbo jumbo. The darkness control stays in, but that I think does it.

Anima, yours is good, but you need to choose a power that I have listed The enhanced intuition would be more like a personality trait, which you are welcome to have. I have edited the original bio skeleton to add your appearance, back ground and personality, which I forgot originally.

F.Y.I. Direct sun light equals flame and death for vamps. No glitters comprende?

I feel that I should add some guide line to the characters of Dracula and Akasha. I am more familiar with Dracula, so please tell me if I am wrong about any of the details of the queen of the damned. the powers that are associated with our two great vampires are equal yet different. Akasha is more talented at controling the darkness, where as dracula can merely conceil him self in it and do creepy things with his shadow. Yet on the other side, Dracula can become a bat and, in some lore, a wolf and even a rolling fog bank. I do not think Akasha has ever transformed into anything, we may alter that bit of lore for the purposes of our RP, I will discuss this with the person playing Akasha. We must also keep in mind the previous personas of the two. Both are creatures of physical desire and animal magnetism, but in different ways. just keep in mind that they have already exsisting personalities.

Lord Validrir
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby .The-Literate-Angel. on Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:32 pm

Akasha has never changed her physical appearance as far as I am aware and I don't really think it is necessary for her character to be able to. She is one of the first vampires so any other extra enhanced things are more for the newer vampires of her coven or Dracula's covenant since he was created with those abilities. Also the vampires that Akasha created die with her so for her followers it is in their best interest to keep her alive. Those that are bitten by the ones she created do not fall under that rule either.

.The-Literate-Angel.
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!