Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Enigma~ [Sci-fi/Fantasy] ((OOC and Signup))

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Enigma~ [Sci-fi/Fantasy] ((OOC and Signup))

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby hostilecrayon on Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:30 pm

...You're Joey?

Alrighty then.

*Bounces* Yay, the IC! *Excited*

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

hostilecrayon
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hunter_Killer on Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:37 pm

Hmm Actors may incite riots over public veiwing stations.... i might need this...

http://www.recguns.com/Pictures/Images/barrett.jpg

now multiply the calibre by 2 and you have my guys main weapon almost....
"Only the Master can see all the Imperfections in his work."
-Saldon, 2008

"Remæus hidding easter eggs... im not sure if im going on that hunt..."
- Hunter_Killer 11:21:11 November 23, 2009

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Hunter_Killer
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Promethean World Builder Lifegiver Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Valekor on Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:13 pm

I shall apply for the position of Elder.
PMing me would be best as the timezone difference seems to make us unable to speak at times. Though, should you catch me on the IRC, you can always talk to me.
Edit:: Yay, I'm an elder! :D

Name: Nal'et
Attire/Appearance:
6 feet tall , Ice blue eyes give off the impression to look past lies, illusions and deceit and stare straight into the very core of things, eyes which demand and expect nothing more then obedience. Long strands of blond hair long enough to reach his chest are usually hidden away by the hood of the white robe he wears. His figure suggest a well maintained body, though it is kept in shape for the purpose of keeping up an image rather than any sort of physical combat. An air of ‘timelessness’ surrounds him, making him young yet difficult to pin an age on.
His white robe is what he usually wears and what most people recognize him by. On the back of his robe in a white-silver tint is the crest that represents the Elders. The hood is always held up casting shadows to darken his face, seemingly emphasizing the ice blue eyes.

Race: Elven
Occupation: Elder [The actual rank I'm unsure of, but I'll describe the idea behind it in History and Other]
A Brief History:
He was chosen because he was a zealot to the Gods at first, believing firmly in what they did was right and a pretty good talker to convince the majority of the crowd. People believed what he said, and as such he was made an Elder in order to get the masses to follow quickly.

Nal’et has done his best as an Elder to keep diplomatic relationships where the usual diplomats had failed, yet also has had his fair share of being forced to order the military to come down on the protesters from the Chaos Faction.
He has been around long enough to establish connections, relationships and spy networks within almost every part of the city and turn into a well respected and known diplomat.
One mostly known to the public as one to plea for a 'second chance' for humanity.

Other:
He has spent all his centuries as an Elder working on a persona that is viewed as kind, reasonable and intelligent, especially to the inhabitants of Enigma and the other Elders.

Nal’et’s personality is controlled, calculating and calm, some would even go as far as calling him timid. But he is also a no none-sense guy and as such has acquired a good standing with the military and intelligence forces of Enigma. Something which he does not talk about or emphasize to anyone outside from the military and intelligence itself.

Nal'et preaches that the enslaved would perhaps deserve a second chance to prove themselves. He obeys to no one except the Gods which he chose to follow, yet will never officially and openly disobey an overruling from other Elders, in order to uphold the bureaucracy and order which the Elders have established amongst themselves and Enigma.
Last edited by Valekor on Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Satophail: While not uncommon, Satophail is a degrading condition that targets the mind, heart, and self-confidence. If you find yourself making startlingly horrible fails with increasing regularity, contact your Doctor immediately.

Satophail
The cure
Cloasse lost it. Again.

Valekor
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hunter_Killer on Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:22 pm

They use the chatroom for elder position... they gotta quiz ya for the spot.... *thinks back to trial* eh... i got a high seat of power anyways... Come on Twisted how much longer?

Hunter_Killer
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Promethean World Builder Lifegiver Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ThexTwistedxOne on Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:33 pm

VALEKORRR AND KITSUNE YOU ARE ACCEPTEDDD and heres the IC finally but I cant make the first post so Aderas will be doing it :3 enigma-t13951.html
~Its just another beautiful day... in a Twisted Paradise

I have been astonished that Men could die Martyrs for religion
I have shudder'd at it - I shudder no more
I could be martyr'd for my Religion
Love is my religion
I could die for that
I could die for you.
My Creed is Love and you are its only tenet.

ThexTwistedxOne
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kronos on Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:07 pm

Name: Keuql (Keuql'Adesh) (Keuql'Adesh-Pthyn-Fythuyg'Lylk-G'tgan-Muhyus)

Attire/Appearance: Keuql is constantly dressed in a long purple robe, flowing down to his 'feet'. The robe covers his head, and is only broken by the five long fleshly tendrils that hang dawn from the shadowy insides of his hood. The bottoms of his feet (more tendrils) are never seen, and his hands are covered by heavy metal gauntlets. If you saw his face, you would have wished you didn't. Keuql carries several utility sashes across his robes, and several strange weapons with greenish barrels are kept in a purple military backpack he carries with him. He carriers a black staff, with a glowing green tip, with him at all times. (this is a directed-energy-weapon with the ability to paralyze organic creatures and blast through metal, depending on the power settings)

Race: Star-Spawn
Occupation: Marshal of the Land Forces (Hunter Killer's right-hand man)

Biography:

Keuql, like the entire Star-Spawn population of the city, appeared one day. Using their potent mental abilities, they blended themselves into society, and even integrated themselves into the Elder Council, as guards of the great leaders.

Keuql rose into his position post-integration (he was not a plant), due to his skill as a Brigadier General of the COIN 75th Operations Units, and the neatly timed death of the Former Marshal!

Other:

The Star-Spawn serve as elite guards to the Elders, picked for their skill in combat and introverted nature and seeming carelessness for the lives of others. They are also chosen for their limited psionic skills and abilities to crush the minds of normal humans. They are also Silicon based!

Kronos
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ThexTwistedxOne on Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:13 pm

Acceptedddd Kronos :3

ThexTwistedxOne
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby papolatte on Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:55 pm

Name: Adam Hastie

Attire/Apperance:

Race: Human

Location: Lives in the Slums with other Humans, works usually at a shop in the Slums, though occasionally is sent to other Sectors for maintenance.

A Brief History: Another child was born in an alley. He had no known father. His mother had no home, as was even more common back then. She was mere skin and bones as she dragged herself to the nearest place she could manage. It was a Mechanic's Shop. She held out her malnourished child and begged the men of the shop to take him. Most of the men ignored the woman. It wasn't uncommon either A large man by the name of Gord Hastie, took pity on the woman's pleads, but he knew better to lay down his work and act. After a while she stopped making noise in the alley. When the work day had ended, Gord Hastie stopped by the woman's unmoving body. She was dead. In her arms was the newly born baby. It lived. Pity and sympathy swept through Gord and he took the child home with him. The baby, nearly starved and close to death, sat on the brink of life for days, before Gord was able to nurse him back to health. He named the child Adam.

Adam Hastie, the adopted son of the Hastie family, works with his father and older brother in the Bolt N Mettle mechanic shop. It is there where he learned to become such a profficient engineer. He has a bright outlook on life, and has the tendency to joke around often. He has a hard time taking people seriously, though he does know his place around those of higher standing. He looks younger than he really is, partially due to his early birth, and his mother's malnourishment.

Other: Adam is quick, both on his feet and with his hands, though he is not nearly as strong as most his age. He knows a great deal about technology and engineering, and has an excellent memory. He has never used any weapon in his life, and generally tries to avoid trouble, by either talking his way out fo it or running.
--------------------------------------------------------
"I used to think the worst thing in life was to end up all alone. It's not. The worst thing in life is ending up with people who make you feel all alone."

-Lance Clayton

papolatte
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Brovo on Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:58 pm

Waitformewaitformewaitformeeee!!!

Name: Enigma Stormrage.

Attire/Apperance: Image

Race: Shapeshifter, Special. [Read Below.]

Biography: Enigma was once a Human being.. However, he was experimented on by an underground Cult against his will. Now, he is a Shapeshifter. He has a green handprint just above his left eye, and this Green Handprint is always somewhere on his body no matter what he morphs into. He works in secret for people as a part of a small "Assassins Guild" that will kill anyone; as long as the Price is right. His ultimate goal in life is simply to destroy all Order and let Chaos Rule, and as such, he prefers doing assassinations against Targets of high importance to Order. He is one of the greatest Assassins in the current living World, mainly due to the fact that he can Morph himself into anything and anyone; as long as he can see the person/thing at least once in person, he can morph into that person/thing. The limitations are of course, It must be a Biological target that he morphs into, his general size must remain the same [EG: He couldn't morph into a Mountain Giant, but he could Morph into a Wolf or a Gnome.] Lastly, he does take the clothing of the Person he morphs into however it is a part of his physical being. As such, if somebody were to try and take off his Shirt, they couldn't because the Shirt is actually his skin. He can immitate the Voice of someone, as long as he has heard the Voice before. This can easily be defeated by say, a memory test. [EG: Person one: Do you remember which mountain we once climbed together.. Enigma: Uhh.. Shit..] Enigma is a Psychotic bastard; who kills for fun if he doesn't get a contract to kill soon enough. However he is an invaluable asset to anyone, as he can kill just about anything as long as it breathes. Or at least, provide a great inconvienance to such a Person. [EG: The Person can never leave his house, or if he does he leaves the house in a metal box with a bunch of people carrying him around. Etc Etc.]

Other: N/A.
Last edited by Brovo on Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I only teach those willing to learn.

Brovo
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hunter_Killer on Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:00 pm

for reference i talked with Kronos so its ok with me

Hunter_Killer
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ThexTwistedxOne on Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:19 pm

Alright Hunter! thanks for letting me know = ] and I assumed Kronos did xD and Brovo and Papolatte you are both accepted : ]...wow I should finish my character soon <.<;

ThexTwistedxOne
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hunter_Killer on Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:35 pm

SON OF A ______!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just posted my intro and I hit post and it logged me off...

*punches all four fists through closest wall*

Hunter_Killer
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aderas on Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:36 pm

Brovo! Hello there, and welcome! You mind explaining why your character is named after the city? =p

Aderas
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby hostilecrayon on Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:53 pm

Ha! I got first post. <3

Now I'm really excited to watch the RP unfold, heh.

hostilecrayon
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby papolatte on Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:03 am

2nd post!

Everyone knows... 1st the worst, 2nd the best!

so NYAH!

:B

papolatte
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aderas on Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:34 am

Hey, keep in mind, guys, technology is very limited in the Slums. It's rather medieval down there, so please keep technical things like engines and that sort to a minimum.

Aderas
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Butterfly Effect on Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:39 am

gods and ten foot aliens... i'm starting to think i need nukes to even this out...
"I pledge allegiance to Max and the power for which she stands"
-Chloe Price

Butterfly Effect
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Promethean World Builder Person of Interest Tipworthy Visual Appeal Group Theory Helmsman Arc Warden Storyteller Novelist Property Buyer Lifegiver Beta Tester Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby hostilecrayon on Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:45 am

It's not about power - it's about speed. Remember that. They can't hurt you if they can't catch you. ^.~

hostilecrayon
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby papolatte on Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:54 am

Allrighty, sorry if I went too far over the top about it. Is it okay if the mechanic shop, if the technology, is imported in parts, then exported as whole? just for future reference?

And I figured it would be very limited, and shabby, which is why I made the motor not working in my first post, I'll keep it non working. I apologize if I made it too technical.

papolatte
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aderas on Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:01 am

It's alright, just try to keep it on the low-down. It has been quite a long time since the city has been built, so certain things will have leaked into the Slums. However most of it is either confiscated, quite old, or kept where it is for the benefit of the rest of the city (Like, say, a workshop.) I was just saying not to over-do it.

Aderas
Member for 16 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!