Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Ethia's Crusades

Ethia's Crusades

a part of “Ethia's Crusades”, a fictional universe by NethanielShade.

The Kingdom of Ethia has been the center of power in Drazlia for five hundred years. But now everything that the people have known is being threatened. (Advanced RP. OPEN/ACCEPTING CHARACTERS Finally!)

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Ethia's Crusades”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Ethia's Crusades

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NethanielShade on Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:31 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Ethia's Crusades"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.
ImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

NethanielShade
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Donated! Contributor Arc Warden Beta Tester Storyteller Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Re: Ethia's Crusades

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ImperatorAlpha on Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:20 am

Hello! I have to say that your in depth description of this Kingdom you have thought up is really good, and I just wanted to let ya know I'm definitely interested if that is an indicator of your work.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ImperatorAlpha
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NethanielShade on Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:34 am

Haha, I'm just copy-pasting what I'v been working on all day before I go to bed. I hope to make this a very well fleshed out roleplay, I've been working on a plot all day too. The land is going to have a detailed description and even a little history.

It's probably going to be the hardest roleplay I've ever worked on, but I'm worried the fact that humans aren't going to be the only race will deter people from wanting to join. Either way, I hope it takes off well. I was going to make it into a story, but I figured I'd let others enjoy my imagination in the form of roleplay.

NethanielShade
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Donated! Contributor Arc Warden Beta Tester Storyteller Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bfb_monster on Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:11 am

Damn... This be one hell of a detailed roleplay! You my good sir is probably the first person I have ever met who have such detailes about their cities. (Im trying to be witty and charming so sorry if this got weird)

Aaanyway... This looks totally fuckin awesome and Id love to be a part of it :D and now with the danger of sounding cocky... If you ever need any help, let me know :D Also, how long do you think it would take before this is up and runing?

bfb_monster
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NethanielShade on Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:36 pm

Thank you! I was planning on making this into a story, and all this information wasn't to be listed but rather stuff you'd learn in the story, so I had it all written out and organized for myself. But I'm putting it here so, since our characters will be living in this world, the characters will obviously know this information in the roleplay. Maybe not down to exact census-like information, but it's definitely helpful to make more immersive characters. I still have the history and geography to post, but after that's done, it'll be plot time, and then it'll be open.

NethanielShade
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Andjare on Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:27 am

This looks absolutely incredible! It's always so great to see someone taking such time and effort to create a fully detailed and fleshed out world for a roleplay! Hope to see the plot up too, I'm definately submitting a character when the plot goes up. Any limitations or restrictions for character creation?
"About as much use as a trapdoor in a canoe"

Andjare
Member for 9 years
Author Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NethanielShade on Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:22 pm

Thank you, I hope this roleplay is enjoyable. As to restrictions, do you mean amount? I will not limit it to one character per person. This is going to be an advanced roleplay. You will be allowed as many as you want, as long as you believe you can roleplay multiple characters effectively.

NethanielShade
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Andjare on Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:26 pm

Haha, I'm not capable of multiple roles. What I meant was restrictions to what you could do with your character e.g. race, position, abilities etc

Andjare
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NethanielShade on Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:42 pm

Ah yes, I will be explaining the races and the magic of this world, which your characters should follow. More of that will be available later. I'm building the foundations, the world and its history, up first. Then, I'll be going to the people, their abilities, then finally the story or plot.

NethanielShade
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Andjare on Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:50 pm

Awesome, already got an idea for a character. Can't wait to see more info about the world, you really have taken so much time with it, it's incredible.

Andjare
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Words of Oz on Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:43 pm

Already brewing up a character. Can't wait!
Knowledge is power, and the words my sword.

Words of Oz
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NethanielShade on Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:36 pm

Three races up and an overview of the magic. Hopefully this'll help with creating characters! Sorry it's coming along so slowly.

NethanielShade
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SirLancelot on Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:56 pm

This is looking good. I'll be...keeping an eye on this thread. I like it. I'm sure I'll think up a character once all the things are up

SirLancelot
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Andjare on Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:19 pm

Question: Can you explain a bit more about the natural magic? What exactly it does and what its limitations are?

Andjare
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NethanielShade on Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:19 pm

Natural Magic (Also known as "Green Magic" or "Druid Magic.") is the most stable form of magic, and the easiest to control. It is the easiest to draw mana for also (Will explain this on the magic page in a bit, completely forgot about this mechanic). Natural Magic is also the least offensive form of magic, and as such many people who can't use it don't understand it's effects well. Plant manipulation is the most commonly well known ability of Natural Magic, allowing people to flow mana through their bodies into plants they're touching or are in close proximity to, accelerating growth. They can do stuff such as control vines, shape wood, ect.

People who can use Natural Magic also have animal-based abilities, such as being able to sense where both animals and beasts are. They can sense nearby predators and they can also sense when a nearby animal loses it's life. Smaller animals, and non aggressive animals can also be easily controlled, such as rabbits. A common technique is to send a rabbit into an area that can't be seen, and people who control Natural Magic can tell if it has died due to a trap or some other sorts. When controlling animals, they cannot actually switch bodies or see through the animal's eyes, but they can give it mental commands, such as telling it where to go or what to do. Predators such as wolves can also be controlled, though it is harder to do so. Certain conditions such as catching it unaware or while it is sleeping makes the process significantly easier. Because predators are often times smarter, they also have increased mental resistance and as a result it requires more energy upkeep to control predators than other animals. Magical beasts (such as a wild werewolf or a griffon) can be controlled, but it is extremely hard and taxing. Though it has not been unheard of to control a magical beast just long enough to capture it or tame it.

Lastly, Nature Magic can heal wounds of oneself or others, to a certain degree. Scrapes that only take off some skin but don't cause a lot of bleeding, swelling and bruises are manageable, and even some illnesses and infections can be cured. It is not good at healing cuts or bleeding wounds, or burns.

If you have specific questions, feel free to ask. Also, if you want nature magic to do something I haven't thought of, feel free to ask. Lastly, don't be afraid to make your character how you want. You don't have to follow the magic as I described exactly, I am pretty lenient on character creation, and if there is something I don't like I won't reject the character, I'll just let you know so you can edit the character.

NethanielShade
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NethanielShade on Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:36 pm

I forgot to mention this, but since many of you are making characters right now, the plot does involve a three way war between the Humans, Elves and Orcs. The Tellem live alongside humans and don't really have their own kingdom, and there can be Elven citizens of Ethiafell (Which, during the war there may be some discrimintation but not too bad.) But it's still something to keep in mind.

NethanielShade
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NethanielShade on Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:27 pm

Triple post, but meh. If you want a character skeleton, this is a good one I recommend, though it's not required and you may use your own:

Code: Select all
[center][size=270][color=#000040][b][u]____________________
[name]

[img][/img]

[size=270][color=#000040][b][u]____________________
Personal Information
____________________[/u][/b][/color][/size]

[size=93]

[color=#0000FF][b]Full Name[/b][/color]

[color=#0000FF][b]Description[/b][/color]

[color=#0000FF][b]Age:[/b][/color]

[color=#0000FF][b]Gender:[/b][/color]

[color=#0000FF][b]Race/Main:[/b][/color]

[color=#0000FF][b]Race/Sub:[/b][/color]

[color=#0000FF][b]Honorifics|Titles|Nicknames[/b][/color]

[color=#0000FF][b]Sexual Orientation:[/b][/color]

[color=#0000FF][b]Birthplace:[/b][/color]
[color=#0000FF][b]Date of Birth:[/b][/color]

[color=#0000FF][b]Marking|Tattoos|Piercings:[/b][/color]

[color=#0000FF][b]Height:[/b][/color]

[color=#0000FF][b]Weight[/b][/color]

[color=#0000FF][b]Physical Condition:[/b][/color]

[color=#0000FF][b]Current Residence[/b][/color]

[color=#0000FF][b]Former Residence[/b][/color]

[color=#0000FF][b]Family/Relatives:[/b][/color]

[color=#0000FF][b]Friends/Comrades:[/b][/color]

[color=#0000FF][b]Enemies[/b][/color]

[color=#0000FF][b]Rivals[/b][/color]

[color=#0000FF][b]Organizations/Tribes/Clans:[/b][/color]

[color=#0000FF][b]Former Affiliations:[/b][/color]

[color=#0000FF][b]Disabilities:[/b][/color]

[color=#0000FF][b]Personality:[/b][/color]

[color=#0000FF][b]Likes:[/b][/color]

[color=#0000FF][b]Dislikes:[/b][/color]

[color=#0000FF][b]Psychological Condition:[/b][/color]

[color=#0000FF][b]Alignment:[/b][/color]

[/size]

[size=270][color=#000040][b]____________________
[u]  Equipment  [/u]
____________________[/b][/color][/size]

[color=#0000FF][b]:Attire:[/b][/color]

[color=#0000FF][b]:Protection:[/b][/color]

[color=#0000FF][b]:Weapon(s):[/b][/color]

[color=#0000FF][b]:Accessories/Misc:[/b][/color]

[size=270][color=#000040][b]____________________
|Abilities|Traits|Racial|
____________________[/b][/color][/size]

[color=#000040][size=270][b][u]____________________
Current History
____________________[/u][/b][/size][/color]

[color=#000040][size=270][b][u]____________________
Past History
____________________[/u][/b][/size][/color]

©2011 Wolven[OC] (BBC Coding/Design) - Roleplay Gateway. All Rights Reserved[/center]

NethanielShade
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SirLancelot on Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:28 pm

Hi Nethaniel,

Could I ask more about Dark Magic? What it does and it's limitations perhaps?

SirLancelot
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NethanielShade on Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:50 pm

Dark Magic (Also known as "Black magic," "Evil Magic," or "Necromancy.") is the second most uncommon form of magic, and the least acceptable among the races to use. Dark Magic can reanimate soulless dead bodies by flowing mana through the body and controlling it like a zombie. Dark Magic also has other abilities, such as control over blood, crystallizing and solidifying it, and shaping it, or controlling shadows to make one invisible in the dark, or even possibly shadow-travel a short distance, such as into another room.
Dark Magic is outlawed in many countries, and almost every human country, but not many Elvish countries. The reason for this is Elves are the only race that their bodies can't be reanimated by Black Magic. Humans are the most vulnerable to it, their bodies taking less energy upkeep to keep undead.

Wow I didn't write a whole lot here, but it's fairly simple. If you still have any questions, shoot away, I don't mind.

Also I was asked by someone over PM
Is it possible to be self-taught in regards to magic?
Might not be like a fancy wizard and such, but enough for a few tricks.

And I replied
Okay. If you are born with magic you can only be born with two types of magic. You can only learn those two types (Except Elves can be born with and learn three types). You can indeed learn to control it yourself, and many do but they won't be nearly as powerful as someone taught by trained mages. Also, some people are born with more magical potency than others, and those born with more magic have a harder time self teaching and are more unstable, and more prone to accidents until they learn to control the magic.

NethanielShade
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Andjare on Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:01 pm

Hey, I have more questions to bombard you with.

You said that the users of natural magic cannot look through the animals eyes when controlling them, but would it be possible to do that if they spent alot of time, practise and power focused on one particular animal? Especially if they had something like spirit magic as their second type to help?

Also, seeing as the plot takes place during a three-way war, where would the elves and orcs be based? Are there areas of Ethiafell under their control or camps set up or do they stick to their own kingdoms?

Andjare
Member for 9 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!