Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Persona: Tartarus's Rising [OOC]

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Persona: Tartarus's Rising [OOC]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Growlithe on Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:44 am

A Year has passed since the events of Persona 3. Tartarus has been sealed and no longer appears, along with the Dark Hour. The Persona users all returned to their normal lives. Though, it was all just a facade. Tartarus re-opened a year later in a new location; a video game arcade deep within Tokyo. The Shadows here like to play games with people, often manifesting themselves in the form of popular gaming icons here. A new group of people who can experience the Dark Hour must venture into this new Tartarus to solve the mystery as to why this is all happening...

IC Thread

Rules:
  • Please be literate. Use proper grammar, punctuation, and spelling. Try and make your posts a decent length. Don't make them overly long to where no one wants to read them, but don't make them short (sometimes there isn't much to respond to, so a couple short posts here and there will be allowed).
  • Please maintain posting order. My opening post in the IC thread will be the beginning of the posting order. From then on, everyone has a chance to post once. Once everyone has posted, I will post again. This will mark the posting order. Do not break this unless it has been 2 days since the last post, at which point the current person may be skipped and it moves onto the next person.
  • Keep OOC posts in the OOC thread. I recommend you check the OOC thread often, as I will post updates and such. If you are not going to be able to post for a while for whatever reasons and you know it, please notify us in the OOC thread so we do not have to wait 2 days to skip you.
  • I reserve the right to add to/change any of these rules as I see fit.

Character Template
Code: Select all
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Nationality:[/b] American, Japanese, ect.
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Weight:[/b]
[b]Body Type:[/b]
[b]Occupation:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]Weapon:[/b]
[b]Method:[/b] You may use the Persona 3 method of summoning your Persona, the methods from any of the other Persona games, or you can create your own. Please state the method (ex: Evoker) and then a description of the method (such as a picture of the gun if you use an Evoker).
[b]Persona:[/b] Each person gets one Persona. No one gets the power of zero like in the games. Put a picture of your Persona as well as a general description of its abilities (ex: Lightning techniques, melee, healing, ect)
[b]Personal Abilities:[/b] Any abilities your character may have (ex: Mitsuru and Fuuka's sensing abilities)
[b]Miscellaneous:[/b] Anything you feel you need to add that is not covered by one of these fields.

Name: Riku Tensei
Nationality: Japanese
Height: 6' 4"
Weight: 179 lbs.
Body Type: Slim and tall
Personality: Riku is very calm and quiet. He is generally the person to sit back and listen to a person's plan and then come in right at the end to point out all of the flaws in it, countering with an alternative. He is rather intelligent and speaks in a bit of a higher manner than other people his age. Despite being a gamer, he is very mature for his age, getting along best with adults.
Appearance:
Weapong: His Evokers double as handguns
Method: Evoker - Harbinger and Calamity
Persona: Kurozetsu - Focuses mainly on physical attacks, but knows a few water and ice abilities.
Personal Abilities: For an unknown reason, Riku has the ability to use his Evokers as weapons, able to deal damage himself without always having to resort to his Persona. Also, while in the Dark Hour, he sprouts small black wings which really serve no known purpose.
Miscellaneous:
Last edited by Growlithe on Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:06 am, edited 3 times in total.
"Glorious and generous as I am, it's only befitting that I reign as a god. Surrender now or share your hometown's fate."
Ira Vehementi - Monomate

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Growlithe
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Persona: Tartarus's Rising [OOC]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FallenBlu on Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:28 am

Name: Roux Reve
Nationality: French
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 135lbs
Body Type: Slim and athletic
Personality: Roux is wise beyond her years and has the tendency to be a bit blunt, but that doesn't mean she dislikes anyone. Many who face her say she is off putting, but once you get to know her, you learn that her straightforwardness is how she deals with her problems. She cares for her friends and puts them and their well being before her own. She is often one to make a comment or suggestion when it comes to planning.
Appearance: Image
Weapon: Roux fights with a baseball bat, and uses it for self-defense and aiding her persona.
Method: Pendent- Roux can summon her persona by simply touching the pendent that hangs from her necklace, and saying her persona's name. She keeps it on her at all times.Image
Persona: Sinistre- Focuses mainly on fire and lightning attacks, though is capable of a few psychical attacks as well.
Picture created by pamansazz
Personal Abilities: Roux can sense the power of levels of the different creatures within Tartarus.
Miscellaneous: She speaks three languages, English, Japanese and French.

(If you wish for me to change anything, then feel free to tell me.)
Last edited by FallenBlu on Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Persona Roleplay We are still in need of a few people, some and join us. You can't go wrong with Persona. Roleplay created by Growlithe.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

FallenBlu
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Growlithe on Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:33 am

Like the character. Her and Riku would get along well. Cool picture for the Persona. Glad to have a sensor as well ^-^

Growlithe
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FallenBlu on Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:44 am

I'm glad you like her, and your right Roux and Riku would get along well. And thanks, I got lucky since I had that in one of my folders on my computer. I took one look at it and was like, "This is her persona." ^_^

FallenBlu
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Growlithe on Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:50 am

It's a nice contrast for my Ice persona.

Growlithe
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sench on Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:24 am

Name: Rick Brown
Nationality: American
Height: 6'
Weight: 178 lbs
Body Type: Athletic
Occupation: College Student/Middle School Teacher/Underground Fighter
Personality: Rick has a rather diverse personality. Just as he has three main occupations, he can be said to be three people in one. In college, he is laid back. In school, he is serious. In the ring, he is wild. Arching over all three of them is his friendly nature. He is rather competitive, but has a healthy attitude about it.
Appearance: Image
Weapon: None
Method: Rick uses a switchblade as an Evoker. He has to stab it into his hand (doesn't matter which one) to summon his Persona. This switchblade is incapable of physically wounding anyone, and only Rick feels the pain from it.
Persona: Murakumo - Focuses on ranged combat by summoning various "energy blades", but is also capable of melee combat, mainly through the use of her "wing blades".
Personal Abilities: During Dark Hour, Rick is capable of creating small flames that can act as sources of light.
Miscellaneous: None
Irony is lost on those whose behavior is ironic. Isn't that... ironic?

Sench
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Growlithe on Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:01 pm

Looks good.

Growlithe
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FallenBlu on Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:00 am

Hey, quick question. How many people are you looking to have before we start the RP?

FallenBlu
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Growlithe on Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:22 am

I want 5, including myself, before we start. Though, I'll go as high as 8, including myself, for a max cap.

Growlithe
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Growlithe on Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:30 pm

If no one else joins by tomorrow, I'm starting the IC.

Growlithe
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FallenBlu on Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:01 pm

Ok, that sounds like a plan to me. >.<
Last edited by FallenBlu on Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FallenBlu
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Draruto on Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:45 pm

asdjkhbvggfcvjlgfxjhn;ohyryghb khgckkm ;ibgvgsdzxtrg ;kljyrsrw3s42dhgcdyg75goknbftrh
Last edited by Draruto on Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Draruto
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Property Buyer Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Growlithe on Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:11 pm

I'd like it if you gave your personality some actual detail

Growlithe
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FallenBlu on Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:29 pm

Draruto wrote:asdjkhbvggfcvjlgfxjhn;ohyryghb khgckkm ;ibgvgsdzxtrg ;kljyrsrw3s42dhgcdyg75goknbftrh

@Draruto, that isn't called for. Our GM simply asked you to expand on your characters personality, which frankly may have been the only thing wrong with him. It was just too vague. If you added a couple of sentences and really let us know who your character was, I'm sure he would of got accepted. But no, you flake on even the smallest suggestion. That isn't cool. If you can't take simple criticism or advice, then you have no business being a roleplayer. Roleplaying and creating characters are suppose to be a learning experience, and you should build from the criticism that other roleplayers give you. Clearly, you cannot do that, nor accept that your character is not perfect. Please, grow up. No one can make a perfect character, but at the same time you can't be vague and then give up after someone makes a suggestion. Sorry, but this is the second time I've seen you do this, and I don't like this cruddy sportsmanship you have going on.

FallenBlu
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Draruto on Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:56 pm

@FallenBlu, one nothing is cool, two i don't care what people say, if they don't something i do, so be it i leave to remove myself so everyone else hampered, three you don't know me and then for you don't know what i can do, so save your feeling for someone who listen

Draruto
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Property Buyer Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Growlithe on Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:05 pm

I could not have said it better myself, FallenBlu. Thank you.

By the way, learn to English. Draruto

Growlithe
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FallenBlu on Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:41 pm

@Growlithe, Your welcome.

@Draruto, It was just my opinion and suggestion. But I won't fret on it. It's your loss in the end. Oh well.

FallenBlu
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nobody on Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:36 pm

Name: Tiala Jessup
Nationality: Brittish
Height: 4"3
Weight: 89 Lbs
Body Type: Petite
Personality: Shy All Around, Tends to rely on others rather than fight for herself.
Appearance:Image
Weapon: Chain Whip
Method: Persona 4ish- Brings out Persona card and whips it with her whip.
Persona: Image
Knows A few healing, status, and almighty skills. Has low attack but, high defense.
Personal Abilities: Gains a small regenitive bous to both her Hp and Sp while in the Dark Hour.
Miscellaneous: Speaks non-brittish english and japanese.

Nobody
Member for 15 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Growlithe on Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:14 am

Very good. Though, I would like you to try and expand on your personality a little bit.

Growlithe
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Growlithe on Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:18 am

Edited my initial post to include a link. IC is up.

Growlithe
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!