Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Leighroi Ballet - Sign Up

a topic in Roleplayers Wanted, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Looking For Players [LFP]? Have a part to be played? Post a thread here!

The Leighroi Ballet - Sign Up

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby eregthejester on Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:12 am

Ladies and gentlemen, the show is about to begin. Please turn off your cell phones and beepers and any electronics on your person. Please remain quiet throughout the performance and enjoy the show! The shifting in the chairs of hundreds of people created a low murmur in the echoing auditorium, overlaid with whispers and final comments. A little girl's voice could be heard over the entire crowd, excitedly saying, "It's starting, Mommy!" The cool air floating down from the air conditioners up high made long sleeves a must, and a light breeze floated past the first few rows as the curtains were drawn open. Lights shown on the stage, illuminating the swirling dust in various colors as a light tune was picked up by the live orchestra. Violin strings sang and hummed as a light clunking was heard on the stage floor. Gentle but strong dancers glided across the floor, their feet, though in hard shoes, the epitome of flexible beauty. Step after step blending into one glorious movement, perfectly matched to the music as these beautiful, invisibly straining dancers perform what they work six days a week to achieve.

Basically, this is just going to be a roleplay about the professional ballet world. Though, being a dancer, I actually very much dislike the ballet world, it's fun to RP. ^_^ If any of you have seen the Company, it's like that. The Leighroi Ballet is putting on a new show with a mixture of modern and more classical, though original, ballet. It will consist of the social life among the dancers in their 6-8 hours-a-day rehearsals, 6 days a week.

If any who are not dancers want to join and don't know how some things go, don't worry, just ask. I, of course, am not and have never been a professional dancer, but I dance and I know to a certain degree how it goes, though I'm definitely not an expert. But perhaps there are some pro dancers who RP on here who might be able to help in that area. Anyway, hope there are some who care to join.

Name:
Position (dancer/choreographer/director/Ballerina/Danseur):
Appearance:
Favorite Dancing Garb (optional):

You can opt to make a character background/description. I don't really care for those, since it's more creative to write your personality into the story. But, you won't need it too much anyway, because anyone who makes it into a ballet company is entirely "ALL ABOUT DANCE".

-------------------------------
My profile:

Name: Gael Hollander
Position: Dancer/Ballerina
Appearance: Wavy black hair, usually pulled back into a bun, of course; fair skin; light freckles; average height; slender like all the other dancers
Favorite dancing garb (optional): Pink tights, various leotards, legwarmers when cold, skirts when having fun, and sometimes a shirt over her leotard. But she likes the freedom of tights and just a camisole leotard. Canvas split soles are her preferred unless wearing pointe shoes.
Last edited by eregthejester on Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Psalm 37 ~~ Delight in Him ~ Delight Him ~~ Psalm 51

If they won't write the kind of books we want to read, we shall have to write them ourselves; but it is very laborious.
~C.S. Lewis to J.R.R. Tolkien
King Raehart is Dead. (IC Still Accepting)
The Leighroi Ballet - IC Still Accepting

The Sons of Israel/The Israelites OT RP?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

eregthejester
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: The Leighroi Ballet - Sign Up

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XxanexiaxX on Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:45 am

>Name<>=<♥Yuuki Teruko♥>=<
>Gender<>◘Female◘<
>Age<>♥19♥<
>Position (dancer/choreographer/director)<Dancer
>Appearance<>+<◘ Yuuki has all the traditional Japanese features. Her Jet black hair goes below her waist line, although it's usually pulled up, Her Green eye and Black Lashes make her look like the most innocent person ever. She has the smallest feet and a slender frame. Standing at only 4'8, makes her easier to lift, but a little harder to be noticed. ◘>+<
>Favorite Dancing Garb (optional)< !~!♥Since he still like dressing as the Japanese Teenager, She loves all black, Leotard and all, her leg warmers are usually a bright color or decorated, she is the only one who will dance in short shorts with leggings and leg warmers. She can be found though in mostly black.♥!~!

[ Hope it's ok, I haven't took ballet in about 3 years XD]
ImageImageImageImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

XxanexiaxX
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Betelgeuse on Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:41 am

Name: Piotr Mikhailovich Vasilyev "Petya"
Position (dancer/choreographer/director): Dancer.
Appearance: Dark blond and fair skinned. Verging on six feet in height. He has a solid build, strong enough to confidently lift a partner, but doesn't appear heavy.
Favorite Dancing Garb (optional): Footless tights over a leotard as a rule. Legwarmers and shirt as necessary. Wears full sole leather shoes more from force of habit than personal choice.

(I will admit right now that I am not a dancer, but I do watch ballet, and I have done research for characters involved in dance before. Hopefully that'll be enough to keep me from making any dancing faux pas ^^;)

Betelgeuse
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Angel Pandora on Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:51 pm

Name: Georgiana Marie D'Angelis
Position (dancer/choreographer/director): Dancer
Appearance: Jet black loosely curled, which she wears in a ponytail when not performing. She has green eyes, is 5'0 and very slim. She has lots of piercings, her earlobes twice, the top bit of her outer ear and the inner bit, as well as her navel.
Favorite Dancing Garb (optional): Black leggings with a leotard over the top, ankle/leg warmers, no shoes when possible (which isn't a lot) and a loose fitting top.

(I haven't done ballet since I was 6, so I'll do some research and follow your lead!)
Last edited by The Angel Pandora on Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Love is a serious mental disease~ Plato

The Angel Pandora
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby eregthejester on Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:09 am

All accepted. I like all your profiles, this should be great! Last time I tried to do a ballet RP, I only got one person, but that's mainly because it was on such a small forum and I don't think he really knew much about ballet (but it was an interesting one regardless!). No problem about the ballet experience/knowledge matter, I think you all know enough to get by.
Betelguese, I don't even know what faux pas means, though I can take a hint, lol.
And, just one thing, Angel. The part about "no shoes unless she needs them" is fine to put there, but you might as well know, you pretty much always need them in ballet, unless you have leather feet like a contemporary choreography dancer I know... lol. I don't think I've ever seen a pro ballet dance where they went barefoot... modern dance is a different story. But I'm just letting you know, just in case.

Now I'm not as familiar with ballet terms as I used to be (obviously it's not my life), but here's a glossary in case you want to use some words while writing about them in dance class or whatever:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ballet_terms

And, upon seeing the above page, I found the word I couldn't think of when I made this thread, so I'm going to edit my first post to include the positions Ballerina and Danseur, which are the principle female and male dancers in the company (like the ones who usually get solos, duets, or leads). If they are not one of those, they are usually just in group dances, important, but not so much in the spotlight. And, note, for story uses, sometimes the regular dancers will be understudies and land a solo or duet if the people who originally had the role get injured or something. I'm telling you this so you can edit your profiles if you wish.

Now, there are other situations for dancers that I don't know about- like I said, I'm not an expert. Anyway, I'm going to wait a little bit more for sign up, just in case, before I make the IC thread.

eregthejester
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XxanexiaxX on Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:55 pm

Faux pas' if i'm correct means not fake, its french...idk -.-'

XxanexiaxX
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby eregthejester on Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:02 pm

Hmmm.... haha, French has always been one of the main languages I want to learn, but I know just next to nothing. lol. I thought it might mean like "screw up" or "foul up" or something. lol. But I'll take your word for it.

eregthejester
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XxanexiaxX on Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:09 pm

yea I take french ^^

XxanexiaxX
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby eregthejester on Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:28 pm

Ah, lucky you.... or... unlucky. lol. Though I'd like to learn languages, sounds quite boring to try. lol.

eregthejester
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alice.Larson on Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:31 pm

Name: Justine Allendale
Nickname: Jess
Position: Ballerina/Modern Dance Choreographer TA
Appearance: Image
Favorite Dancing Garb: Black shorts over a black leotard and pink/skin toned tights and of course her ballet slippers. She will frequently wear a fitted rib white shirt over her leotard until rehearsal starts.

Name: Morine LeGrange
Nickname: Madame Legrange
Position: Modern Dance Choreographer
Appearance: Image
Favorite Dancing Garb: Black leotard, dark blue leggings, black leg warmers, and black ballet slippers or jazz shoes. Dark blue off the shoulder sweater. Her hair is always pulled back into a messy bun.
Last edited by Alice.Larson on Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
The War has started. Which breed are you? under-the-full-moon-sign-t23770.html

Alice.Larson
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XxanexiaxX on Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:35 pm

I wanna take Japanese though T^T

XxanexiaxX
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby eregthejester on Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:47 pm

Accepted, Alice!

Domo arigato gosaimashta! No doubt spelled wrong and I don't remember what it all means except for thank you very much supposedly... lol. Umm... konichiwa! Doideshimustei... haha, I just know the spellings horrible. I'm half Japanese, one hapa kid, but I only know the English language. lol.

I'm thinking of going ahead and making the IC thread and still leaving it open for sign up. What do you think?

eregthejester
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XxanexiaxX on Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:49 pm

I thinks so !

XxanexiaxX
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alice.Larson on Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:56 pm

Sweet! I know a little bit of Korean, and I took sign language, but that's about it.

Alice.Larson
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby eregthejester on Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:20 pm

Ooh, I know the sign language alphabet, but that's about it. Did a sign dance before too, but that's lyrical, not technical.

Okay, I'll make the thread. But I'm on RPG chat so I can't do it right now.

eregthejester
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby polaracebear on Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:47 pm

Name: blaine
Position: ballarina
Appearance: Light skin, very pale and oftenly having to use makeup to not look like a ghost on the stage. Short black hair is almost impossible to get up into a bun and many times have had to use fake hair. Her eyes are seemly too large for her face and a dark green, though nothing more special about them. Skiny to the extent of almost unhealthy, yet she finds no notice to it. At 5'2 she is rather short, though not as much as the other dancers she had seen.
Favorite Dancing Garb: laying is oftenly used for her and pointe shoes seemly never leave her feet. Long pants and leg warmers are on her feet, layered shirts and hair clips pull back the little pieces of hair she could not slick down
Last edited by polaracebear on Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
there once was a duck. who wanted to be human. because he wanted thumbs
whenever he requested it though, he was told it was a silly reason
so........he ate them all.

polaracebear
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby eregthejester on Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:52 pm

Accepted! One question... feet warmers?

eregthejester
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby polaracebear on Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:54 pm

oops. LOL, i forgot what the name was. i meant leg warmer. ^_^
they're so comfortable. lol, expect the ones i just got, i slip all over the place.

polaracebear
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby paralove on Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:55 pm

Name: Giselle Mays
Position (dancer/ballerina
Appearance: Long Blonde hair and baby blue eyes. She puts her hair into a bun while she's performing. When not in performance or rehersal she lets her hair hang down to frame her face. she has her belly button pireced just a tiny diamond stud. She is very gracefull and charming.
Favorite Dancing Garb- tight t-shirts with shorts, tights (ranges in color) and black ballet shoes.

Picture (sorry so small)

paralove
Member for 15 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby eregthejester on Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:58 pm

Okay, haha, double checking.

Accepted! Picture's fine. I wonder if I should get a picture... lol, ballet pictures are always so fun!

eregthejester
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!