Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat โ€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Trinket: The Journey [OOC|Sign up]

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Trinket: The Journey [OOC|Sign up]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sacred Harp on Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:49 am

The Story

Last week you arrived back to your dorm after a terrible loss...One of your good friends had just died in a way that wasn't able to be explained. Your friend had always been good to people though recently you started to notice they where having awkward behavior...the became distant with everyone...and begun to talk to themselves, and took interest in people they never would ever socialize with. People thought they committed suicide, though you know that where is more to the story.

You go to you're room, the rain is pouring down hard and you notice there is a black box on your bed, you could have swore it wasn't there when you left. It said on the top 'To [your name here]', you open it cautiously and you notice there is a charm inside. You are attracted to this charm, as though it speaks to you...When you pick up the charm, your room is surrounded by darkness. And there is a creature in front of you...it spoke...

"Hello [your name], I am [its name], your Guardian...your Protector, your servant. Fear not of whats to come, for I will always be with you...I am your Trinket."

Instantly your room goes back to normal, though there is a Creature sitting at your computer chair. Here starts The Journey.

Inspired by The Persona Chronicles, Zatch Bell, and my love for Twisted Fairy tales. This role play will take place now, in Colorado. Though don't expect for us to just stay in Colorado. Anything can happen in this role play...I know its unattractive because it doesn't have an exiting plot, though this role play is just for anyone who wants something modern and could be really fun...

With the Powerful Trinket, you will have an eye for evil creatures, being able to see what normal humans can't. Enemies will be of course those childhood monsters...I'm talking Boogiemen, Demons, Bad Fairies, Vampires(the evil ones), Witches, anything you can think of, though these beings hide under your bed or in your closet, they can also pose or posses humans without trinkets.

There will be dorms. Right now the school will be on a break(because I just don't feel like doing a boarding school role play). A lot of the kids have gone home for vacation, though a few stayed(you are one of the few).

Rules

1.) Normal Role playing rules apply

2.) You may battle each other, though know that when this happens no one can interfere with your battle, and normal humans will not be able to see it.

3.) Only other Trinketers can see your Trinket when you summon it.

4.) Cursing is allowed...though Cybering isn't.

5.) The least you can post is 75 words...I don't believe you should have to post 200 words every time. Just have fun.

6.) If you have any Ideas, thoughts or questions PLEASE post them.

7.) Fall in love ^^...joking, though Romance is encouraged.

Character sheet
Code: Select all
[i][size=150]The Trinketer[/size][/i]

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b] [15-19]
[b]Gender:[/b] [Male/Female]
[b]Sign:[/b] [Zodiac ^^]
[b]Origin:[/b] [Where you are originaly from.]
[b]Side:[/b] [are you a good Trinketer or a bad Trinketer]
[b]Orientation:[/b] [heterosexual, bisexual, homosexual, asexual]
[b]Appearance:[/b] [picture or description]
[b]-Height:[/b] [feet and inches]
[b]-Weight:[/b] [pounds]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]-Likes:[/b]
[b]-Dislikes:[/b]
[b]Theme song:[/b]
[b]Other Information:[/b]

[i][size=150]The Trinket[/size][/i]

[b]Trinket Symbol:[/b] [this will be the small charm that you found in the box, it will symbolize your Trinket itself...so what is it?]
[b]Trinket Name:[/b] [be creative, it could be an important mythical being.]
[b]Trinket Appearance:[/b] [picture or description]
[b]Trinket Element:[/b] [the basic elements.]
[b]Trinket Weapon:[/b][can be anything...or nothing.]
[b]Trinket Special Abilities:[/b] [limit yourself. Be fair.] 
[b]Trinket Ultimate Ability:[/b] [Can only use every now any then]
[b]Other Information:[/b]

My character

The Trinketer

Name: Billy
Sign: Pisces
Origin: Texas
Side: Good guy
Orientation: Homosexual
Appearance: Image
-Height: 5'0"
-Weight: 96 pounds
Personality: Billy is very kind to others, and not all that shy. He is outgoing, though is usually is just out of curiosity. He is an adventurer at heart, and lives up to it. Billy is also a helpless romantic and can't help it, he always dreamed of the perfect Hollywood kiss and all.
-Dislikes: Mean people, Being alone in the dark.
Theme song: Changing Seasons
Other Information: Billy is in that Clique that are usually called The Preps.

The Trinket

Trinket Symbol: Star Key Crown- http://www.martymagic.com/images/magic% ... 0charm.jpg
Trinket Name: Skadi the Royal Winter
Trinket Appearance: Image
Trinket Element: Ice
Trinket Weapon: Hands(are weapons of their own.)
Trinket Special Abilities: create and manipulate the Element Ice. Healing, and Analyzing(Empathy almost, can sense where others are, how strong they are, the weaknesses, and such).
Trinket Ultimate Ability: Ice Coffin- Embedded the Enemy in a Coffin of Ice, then summons many spears of Ice to home in on the Coffin at the Same time, breaking through the Ice bringing both ice impact and ice piercing damage.
Other Information: -none-
Last edited by Sacred Harp on Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Original Role play, inspired by The Persona Chronicles, Zatch Bell, and Summoning in general! If you like any of these plus Modern Fantasy, and Good vs. Bad...then you might want to check out Trinket: The Journey!! *<):]
just click it.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sacred Harp
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Trinket: The Journey [OOC|Sign up]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lukisod on Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:51 pm

I'll bite.

I love rule #5 btw

The Trinketer

Name: Kyle Minimos
Sign: Pieces
Origin: Homewood ON
Side: Good/Bad
Orientation: Sexual
-Height: 5ft 8in
-Weight: 130lbs
Personality: pending
-Dislikes: pending
Other Information: pending

The Trinket

Trinket Symbol: Image
Trinket Name: Luki
Trinket Element: Darkness? Psychic?
Trinket Weapon: Nothing
Trinket Special Abilities: Pending
Trinket Ultimate Ability: Psychic madness. Opens up his mind to the area and causes everyone to hear the hideous laughter constantly in his head.
Other Information: Pending
Last edited by Lukisod on Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Perhaps we should perform a study on the effectiveness of studies?"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lukisod
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sacred Harp on Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:59 pm

yay someones interested ^^ The role play was set up to be anime, I should have said that, but its okay. ^^

Sacred Harp
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tasteslikemurder on Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:16 pm

]Selena

Sign: Scoripio
Origin: Canada
Side: Isn't quite sure yet.
Orientation: Bisexual
Appearance:

-Height: 5'2
-Weight: 105 pounds
Personality: Selena is a very mischievous girl, enjoying playing tricks and messing with people. She has both evil and good tendencies, and can be very sweet.
-Dislikes: Getting her heart broken, liars
Theme song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTnLE2_Dltk
Other Information: Selena has a tattoo of a butterfly on the back of her neck.

The Trinket

Trinket Name: Primrose
Trinket Appearance:

Trinket Element: Earth
Trinket Weapon:Magic
Trinket Special Abilities: Primrose is able to use her magic in battles, and also has abnormal speed.
Trinket Ultimate Ability: Since her element is Earth, she is able to communicate with the environment (trees, plants, ground etc) To use as an advantage
Last edited by tasteslikemurder on Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tasteslikemurder
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Silent_Reaper on Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:21 pm

I am intrigued.

The Trinketer

Name: Kylie Devon
Sign: Leo
Origin: Massachusetts
Side: Neutral (at the moment)
Orientation: heterosexual
-Height: 5"8
-Weight: 105
Personality: Kylie isn't one to be trifled with. She has a fiery temper which causes many people to stay clear of her. Usually people believe her to be a loner with limited emotions and always has something negative to say about anything and everything. This isn't the case however. She doesn't try to be alone, she just doesn't know how she is supposed to be around others. Parents never being around, she had grown up at an early age thus why she feels she doesn't need anyone's help. Kylie, however, does wish someone could try to get past her touch exterior to the gentle, kind, animal lover on the inside.
-Dislikes: attitude, lack of intelligence, closed in spaces
Theme song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6MsVRUGZH0
Other Information: She is a skilled ballet dancer

The Trinket

Trinket Name: Drescar
Trinket Element: Earth
Trinket Weapon:It's tail can turn into a sharp pointed blade.
Trinket Special Abilities: Manipulation of Earth, regeneration, the ability to see a completely different section as long as Earth is connected.
Trinket Ultimate Ability: four walls erupt from the ground made of marble that is practically indestructible. They rise all around their victim and then slowly begins to crush them unless told to stop.
Other Information: Unlike the other trinkets, Drescar is less like a machine.

Silent_Reaper
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tyro on Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:30 pm

The Trinketer

Name: Zelda Klemist
Sign:Libra
Origin: Kent, England
Side: Good
Orientation: Heterosexual
-Height: 5 foot, 8
-Weight: 120lbs
Personality: She's generally inquisitive and strong minded, if aggressive and mouthy.
-Dislikes: Maths
Theme song: One Way Or Another - Blonde
Other Information: I'm perfectly happy for someone else to take this character from me and play as her. I quite like the idea...

The Trinket

Trinket Symbol: A curled up, sleeping fox.
Trinket Name: Tyro
Trinket Appearance:
I'm going to get a better picture up here soon. This'll do for now.

Trinket Element: Fire
Trinket Weapon: The Kitsune Tail
Trinket Special Abilities: Fire, Energy Absorption, illusion and possession of the trinket holder.
Trinket Ultimate Ability: Resurrection
Other Information: Is also English...ish...

Tyro
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eisenhorn on Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:34 pm

Look's cool, here's my character

The Trinketer

Name:
Sign: Taurus
Origin: Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Side: Good [Although more of the Anti-Hero styled Good]
Appearance:Image
-Height: 5ft 9in
-Weight: 152 lbs
Personality: Gerard is a relatively collected guy. Preferring a laid back style of life over hectic, mad dashes to get anything done, he is the general bane of any teacher. Rather then take generally considered nice or friendly ways of getting things done, he goes with what works the best, even if it isn't all that nice. While not anti social, he isn't one to plan parties, trips to malls, the sort of major social situations some people enjoy starting. He also has a dash of prankster thrown in to the mix, which drives mostly teachers further insane.
-Likes: Lounging Around, the occasional Prank, Going at his own pace
-Dislikes: Being forced, hyper active situations, Tofu
Theme song: Don't Worry, be Happy
Other Information: Gerard likes to throw conventional stereotypes out the window, not fitting well into any other then maybe a Slacker. He is also an excellent Bass Guitarist.

The Trinket

Trinket Symbol: http://www.moonlightmysteries.com/runes ... une013.jpg
Trinket Name: Tezcatlipoca (tes-cat-lee-poh-ka), Aztec god of Magic and Darkness (Just call him Tez)
Trinket Appearance: http://flordelino.files.wordpress.com/2 ... ipoca1.jpg
Trinket Element: Dark/Chaos Magic
Trinket Weapon: Claws, Various Spells
Trinket Special Abilities: Now you see me...: Tez is a master of illusion, able to make him and his Trinketer Disappear form view, both physical and magical.
Chaos: Due to the very nature of the Dark Chaos magic, the spells can have unforseen effects, whether hilarity ensues or the fight abruptly ends, is all up to roll of a die, so to speak.
Trinket Ultimate Ability: War Dance: A rather confusing Ability, Tez enters a unusual dance that is actually a chaos ritual that, once completed, can have any affect. Whether it causes fire to rain down upon his foe, or it rains wet fish, this spell can potentially be devestating or hilariously useless.
Other Information: Tez embodies the joker in Gerard more then anything else, being the one to urge him to get his lazy rear in gear and do something.
Garrus Vakarian: James told me there's an old saying here on Earth: "May you be in Heaven half an hour before the devil knows you're dead."

Eisenhorn
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AHeartlessNobody on Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:06 pm

I'll join. Give me a sec to post my profile.
Yes, yes I do.

AHeartlessNobody
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sacred Harp on Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:40 pm

Dayum! Everyone looks good, and I'm glad that everyone got a general understanding of the plot and all, that makes me happy. ^^ Everyone is accepted! Erm, I'll have to go to Acappella Practice momentarily...though don't fear, because when I get back the IC will be up and running. ^^

Sacred Harp
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DCLXVI on Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:46 pm

The Trinketer

Name: Kendall Duncan
Sign: Gemini
Origin: Bethany Beach, Delaware
Side: Good (what? DC playing a good guy?)
Orientation: heterosexual
Appearance:
I found a picture this time... I'm not sure if this guy is actually from a show or not; I found him with Google. ^^"
~~Height: 5' 10"
~~Weight: 131
Personality: Kendall is rather quiet and difficult to get to know. He is rarely offensive or hurtful, mainly because he never actually says anything. His nature is gentle, and it is hard to get him angry. He is good at putting up with abuses such as repeated poking, being unwarrantedly topped with someone else's hat, and being mooched off for food.
~~Likes: ice cream, Terry Prachett books, high fantasy, RPGs, writing, talkative people
~~Dislikes: judgmental people, bad television shows, computers, iPods (or anything by Apple, really)
Theme song: ใ‚ใฎ็ด ๆ™ดใ—ใ„ๆ„›ใ‚’ใ‚‚ใ†ไธ€ๅบฆ (Ano Subarashii Ai o Mou Ichido)
Other Information:

The Trinket
Trinket Symbol:
Trinket Name: Therrich Zhi'ini von Maizzicks (why the heck not?)
Trinket Appearance:
(From here, not by me.)
Trinket Element: Air
Trinket Weapon: She's more a martial arts type.
Trinket Special Abilities: Conjuration. She can make (inanimate) stuff out of nothing (well, air, really, but we've got enough of that. I want to make her able to manipulate stuff on a quantum level, but I don't want to pretend to make that work and then have the physics wrong, then end up getting into a wild debate, so for now I'll just say screw physics, I have magic). There is no aspect of telekinesis after the fact, however. So if she makes a safe one thousand feet above someone's head, she can't stop it falling on them. There is also flight, if that counts as an ability for something with wings, and she has slight control over weather (wind, precipitation, temperature, etc.)
Trinket Ultimate Ability: Conjuration of Life, in which she summons a living entity out of the life force around her. (This does sort of kill stuff around her, so she has to be careful about where the life comes from.) The physical body for the entity comes from normal conjuration. The power of the entity is dependent on the energy she puts into it and the amount of life force sucked from the surroundings.
ImageImageImageImageImage

DCLXVI
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AHeartlessNobody on Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:54 pm

The Trinketer

Name: Melody Joy Smith
Sign: Cancer
Origin: New York City
Side: Bad, but might change later on(figured you guys need someone bad for now)
Appearance: She has emerald green eyes
-Height: 5'7
-Weight: 120
Personality: Melody, due to hardly ever being around others, is most of the time anti-social, though she really trys to come out of her shell. Because of this, people think she has an attitude, when really she just never learned how act around others, so any small act of kindness any one has toward her is a shock to her. Her music and song wirting is really the way she gets out her emotions, putting all she feels into it. She loves to imagine things, and puts that into her fighting, thinking of what a certain character for a book would do. Sometimes when she can't sleep, which is a lot, she gets Tenshi to put images all around the room for her to see and looks at those until she falls asleep(the reason for her themesong). Sometimes she can have a short temper.
-Likes: Reading a good book, singing, playing intruments and learning new ones, and being left alone
-Dislikes: Spiders, snakes, any creepy crawly, the dark, annoying squeky girls, and has a absoulte fear of heights
Theme song: Fireflies
Other Information: She loves horse back riding whish is why she can so easily ride on Tenshi's back.

The Trinket

Trinket Symbol: Necklace
Trinket Name: Tenshi of the Water(angel of the water)
Trinket Appearance: He has a marking on his side of a cresent moon and star
Trinket Element: Water
Trinket Weapon: He has very sharp claws that can cut into things easily, has strength and speed, but when it comes to thinking, can get confused very easily.
Trinket Special Abilities: Tenshi can whip water at people, causing them to be slung back at amazing speed, and also can make people see things that aren't really there.
Trinket Ultimate Ability: Body Flood- he can put water into others lungs and expanding it so they can't cough it up unless Tenshi stops the spell, causing them to drown, but it only lasts a minute or two, giving her just enough time to use the distraction to attack even more.
Other Information: Tenshi loves to be around Melody and plays with her all the time. He will do anything to protect her.

AHeartlessNobody
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sacred Harp on Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:55 pm

Mkay you are both accepted! ^^

A little information for you before we start...This going to be night time... The dorms aren't connected directly, but close enough for a safe walking distance(like persona, boys and girls can share a dorming building, though not everyone has to be in one dorm). Tonight you will make way into the School, where you will find a odd looking door. Prepare for the mystery to start already! ^^

Sacred Harp
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sacred Harp on Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:22 pm

the IC is up! ^^ trinket-the-journey-t33768.html okay this is the right link haha
Last edited by Sacred Harp on Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sacred Harp
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Huchiama on Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:44 pm

The Trinketer

Name: Alex Underwood
Sign:Aquerius
Origin:America
Side:Pending
Orientation:Heterosexual
Appearance:Image
-Height:5'11
-Weight:110 lbs.
Personality:Alex used to be an overly nice person, but people started taking advantage to him so he became a cruel bully. Because of this his parents sent him to boarding school which somehow changed him back to his old self only. Now he is kind to everybody but if somebody pisses him off one too many times he will not hold back on them.
-Dislikes:Hunters, Poachers, Jerks
Theme song:Over and Over - Three Days Grace
Other Information: Alex likes pie O.o

The Trinket

Trinket Symbol:Image
Trinket Name:Twizzler
Trinket Appearance:Image
[
Trinket Element:Ice
Trinket Weapon:Uses her hands to form ice out of thin air. Scythe made of Ice[can be anything...or nothing.]
Trinket Special Abilities:Healing,Transformation/Armor&Weapon(turns into an array of differnt things to be used by Alex)
Trinket Ultimate Ability:Sub-Zero: Drops the temperature down below zero(only affects the targets) and freezes them from the inside
Other Information:She likes to take the form of a fox, because it is her favorite animal.Shares an empathy link with Alex, allowing them to speak by thought instead of words.

My character
Last edited by Huchiama on Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Image Image
(\ /)
( . .)
C(" )(" )

Huchiama
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sacred Harp on Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:46 pm

Mkay accepted ^^

Sacred Harp
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheFirstFist on Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:54 pm

I'm in if you are still accepting, and I'd like to reserve someone bad. I'll make the CS when I have more time.
Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow forth like a river. And the three will spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god

TheFirstFist
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sacred Harp on Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:58 pm

mkay there is plenty more room ^^

Sacred Harp
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Huchiama on Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:18 am

Woot, Made my first post!!!

Huchiama
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sacred Harp on Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:23 am

Um...yeah about that..The Door can't magically appear in a bathroom, it has a specific place in the School. Modify your post please.

Sacred Harp
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Huchiama on Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:33 am

where should it be then? I'm not sure since it wasnt specified...

Huchiama
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!