Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

It's Good to Be Bad

It's Good to Be Bad

a part of “It's Good to Be Bad”, a fictional universe by Fabricati.Diem.

In a world of superheroes and super-villains, epic battles are fought every day without end or score--until what seemed like an outside force for good came, turning all of Earth upside-down and leaving only the Villains to protect it.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “It's Good to Be Bad”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] It's Good to Be Bad

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:48 pm

I figured it was about time I contributed something. Hopefully, it doesn't sound too contrived; I'm presently a bit stuck, given Ophelia's personality and current situation.
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years
Beta Tester Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Completionist Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fabricati.Diem on Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:36 am

It honestly sounds about right, for her; not contrived at all. Now I only wonder what she's painting~

Well, folks. This could end up one of two ways. We keep a group, or we split them up. In the case that they split, be thinking on which characters you would group with, possible reasons for branching off, ways interaction with the other characters would further the story, etc, etc. In the case that the group largely stays together, we'll soon need a reason for them to all care. I've got a tentative plan set up, but be thinking on that too just in case, yes?

As always, I strongly encourage thinking aloud by either posting your thoughts here or through PM; with luck, ideas will bounce around and cause chain reactions. We're mostly villains, after all; plotting and long monologues on our evil plans are at the very heart of what we do!
Only those with their feet on rock can build castles in the air.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Fabricati.Diem
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fabricati.Diem on Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:15 pm

I wanted to tell everyone and ElRey in particular that while Zack will seem a lot like Crawford for a while in his dodgy, not-quite-all-there haziness, he isn't insane and will become an entirely different character in just a bit; I wish I could explain things better than that, but there it is.

Also, from here on out I won't be describing Melody's house in detail as much any more. Suffice to say, it is large and winding with lots of rooms and corridors (with rooms for just about anything you'd need or expect in the house of someone with all the time and money in the world), there are many historical relics and depictions, and occasionally you'll notice the floor plan doesn't always make sense. Lose sight of a room, and it might be something else when you next walk up to it. Other than that... The rooms are almost exclusively circular, and circles are a common design in the tiles everywhere else.

That said... I'm working on a post; I may do both characters at once, or I may do one then the other later depending on how much time I've got.

Fabricati.Diem
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ElRey on Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:53 pm

No worries Fabricati, I trust your judgment and skills as a writer.

ElRey
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cataclysm on Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:15 am

Yeah, I think we all do. I'm hoping Zack turns out as interesting as he appears to be, because Cocoon is putting an awful lot of effort into following him. So far I can only speculate as to what he can do, though it seems to be a combination of many powers. So far I think I've identified Molecular Manipulation, Multiformity, Precognicion and Technological Empathy.

Also, on a completely unrelated subject, how would you feel about me bringing in a second character? I have one in mind that I rather like, and have used on more than once occasion in pen and paper super roleplaying.

Cataclysm
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:12 pm

Technological empathy and precognition? I definitely thought that was Doc Mach trying to communicate with him (like projecting things to him through the machines), but I could be wrong on that.

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years
Beta Tester Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Completionist Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fabricati.Diem on Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:17 pm

Getting warmer~

As for second characters? Yes, you're all definitely welcome to them! The way this game has been going, I would only look forward to and encourage it.

Fabricati.Diem
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cataclysm on Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:24 am

That was more or less my second guess. That Zack is one of Machina's androids, or is a normal person being empowered and manipulated in some way.

Thanks for the encouragement. I have the history and outline of the powers ready, even a pic, but despite already having his personality, I don't know whether to make him a pure villain or someone trying to change his ways. I already have one real villain, so I may lean towards the latter.

Cataclysm
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fabricati.Diem on Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:40 am

Villains fighting with a certain amount of conflict as to whether they should be villains is common enough, especially when their the only ones who can do the right thing now, so I'm not too worried about a lack of the stereotypical villain-for-life-and-loving-it archetype. Regardless, when making a character go with what you prefer over what the GM could use at the moment ;)

Fabricati.Diem
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fabricati.Diem on Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:15 pm

Syrafay, I apologize, but I'm going to do something rather God-moddish, and I hope this is all right; if not, just let me know.

As far as I can tell, you've picked the wrong Super to ask, and if you couldn't tell, the whole group hasn't been too receptive to Lilliana's request. I'm not sure how to salvage your request with Melody, but I'm positive Machina would be the guy for Lilliana to ask. Here's the god-mod bit: I'm going to cut the scene with Lilliana short with a bit of GM magic, and let her disappear. You can decide where she ends up; right next to the confrontation/meeting thing with Cocoon and Zack, right next to the building they're eventually headed for (Machina's front door), or somewhere else entirely. Regardless, I'd say you should switch from Melody's group to Machina's, it'll do more for where you're trying to go.

Fabricati.Diem
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xeynar on Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:59 pm

Well, after nearly a month and a half of delays, I'm finally able to join the game. Sorry about the late return guys, but when life decides to make stuff come up, you really can't do anything about it.

Xeynar
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby syrafay on Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:30 pm

To Fabricati.Diem:

Thanks for the guidance. I must say, when I initially joined, I read over the plot summary posted here but was still confused as to the characterization of some, seeing as how I could only go back so far. Honestly, I was beginning to suspect the same when Melody sent Lilliana away, so thank you for the direction. I will be sure to properly integrate myself with the Machina group.

syrafay
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fabricati.Diem on Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:03 pm

Yeah... This one-page limit for looking over old posts has been really troublesome :/

Good to see you, Proto ;)

Fabricati.Diem
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby syrafay on Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:13 pm

Yes, it is. Frankly, it's wearing me out, and I do not see the point. Ugh. Oh, well. :) I'll find the silver lining I suppose.

syrafay
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ElRey on Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:28 pm

Sorry for not being more welcoming IC Syrafay, I'm sure you're aware it was just being honest to the character & no hard feelings and such but I want to make sure I say it anyway.

Glad to have you aboard!

ElRey
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fabricati.Diem on Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:16 pm

Man... I make a post, then it seems as though 5 hours later everybody's waiting on me to make another an move things along O_o

Tuesdays I'll almost always work 3nd shift, which means generally there's no way I'll be able to post; I'm working on one now, though :)

Fabricati.Diem
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:11 pm

Haha, consider it a compliment Fabricati! We all just love this story so much that we feel inclined to post quickly. Or something like that. =)

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fabricati.Diem on Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:05 pm

So, RPG is starting to piss me off after the third time this post has been deleted.. I put up what I remembered, but I'm still working through rewriting what I can for the Machina group; sorry for all the delay, guys :/

Fabricati.Diem
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fabricati.Diem on Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:31 pm

Just a side note... Out of guilt, I've decided that every time I spend more than five days in between posts, I'll make a portrait of one of the characters in quasi-retribution (For I am also an arteest of sorts!)... Expect one of those soon. I'll take suggestions on which character goes first; let me know who you'd like done (of course, I'll probably have most of them done eventually, at the rate I'm going; site troubles or no :P).

But I am working on the posts! I'm just also working on college admissions, an essay, a project, my job and making up more excuses in my spare time. I know, I'm awful; etc, etc. :P

Fabricati.Diem
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:12 pm

Something of an artist, eh? I have to say, I totally such at anything even remotely related to art in any way, except maybe music, so your stuff seems awesome to me. I'd be interested in a drawing of cyborg-Machina (but I don't know how you feel about drawing machines).

Just a thought, anyway. =)

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!