Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

A World Transmuted

A World Transmuted

a part of “A World Transmuted”, a fictional universe by Soul_Alchemist.

Some time after a tragic event called the Blinding humans have discovered alchemy. Now they search for the trugh behind it.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “A World Transmuted”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] A World Transmuted

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NarrowEye on Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:56 pm

I was in a little of a hurry when I wrote it, so I accidentally let out a vital part :p Damn my stomach.

What I want to say is: His arms are on hs back, held in place by the cloth of his jacket and its sleeves, which are fused together.
He uses his arms, to twist them so he can use them for mutual leverage, thus being able to rip his jackets back out, and free his arms.
If you can understand what I'm trying to tell you, then I'm impressed xD
It's kinda hard to explain, but I was once forced to flee in that kind of way, from a pair of friend, and ended up tearing a sleeve of my fleece jacket into a pair of strips.
My mom was more than a little pissed D:
Last edited by NarrowEye on Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bloodied Terra, a world created by human frailty or maybe by our own greed? A world dominated by ideologies and wars, conflicts everywhere. In this world a story takes place, the story of a man who would become the savior of Human Kind.

Join in, and help decide the fate of the world, as the greatest web of lies and fatalities in human history unfold. Hide those too weak in spirit and shield those who cannot fathom the greatness of this cobweb of destiny, for the Bloodied Terra will soon unfold.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

NarrowEye
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 13lazer31 on Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:43 pm

I think I get it. Your saying you didn't rip the sleeves or the jacket back entirely, just the part of fabric thats fused together? Since jacket are usually double-layered.
O o
/¯/__________________________________________ _\
| IMMA FIREN MAH LAZAH, BLARRRRRRGGGHH!
\_\¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¯/

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

13lazer31
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NarrowEye on Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:29 pm

Exactly!
Good you had the brains to get it.
Because I certainly does not have enough to explain it :p

NarrowEye
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraph on Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:58 pm

I gotta be honest- I am lost. I was fighting Iandak- be he has responded and I don't even know where Duster went.

"When I see you lately I'm wondering on White roses, caskets Your name on a stone."

Seraph
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AdamLangley on Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:20 pm

Duster ran off and encountered Adam and Tora. Hatsune found Cale, who Aldric had done a number on, and ran off to get Adam. Adam had been knocked out by Duster for a couple of minutes, but woke up, transmuted the ropes into air, and stabbed Duster through the leg. Adam question Duster for a while, but ran off with Hatsune to rescue Cale. Currently, Aldric is fighting Silf. Silf has inflicted several minor wounds and one major wound on Aldric. Due to Silf's mechanical nature and sturdy construction coupled with the blood loss, Aldric might be feeling a little tired right now. Or not, that's up to you to role play.

P.S. Adam's blade went in one side of Duster's leg and out the other. He'll probably have trouble walking for a while.

AdamLangley
Member for 13 years
Promethean Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraph on Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:40 pm

Whoa, whoa, whoa. I was fightin Inandak- Cale. I have no idea where this "Silf" is. I wasn't even responding to anyone else cause I wasn't sure where the hell Iandak has gone to. So the whole Silf injuring Alderic, is off until I have had reasonable time to actually read the posts where Silf becomes involved and actually "react to him".

Seraph
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lovely VonSchultz on Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:01 pm

I shall wait for him as well. I need to make sure he's okay with us doing a little alchemy to heal his wounds. I'm not sure if he plans on having it react badly to his chimera DNA or not. I should probably chillax until that time.

Lovely VonSchultz
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AdamLangley on Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:47 pm

Silf is Adam's mechanical dog. I'm waiting on Hatsune's instructions before I do anything.

AdamLangley
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lovely VonSchultz on Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:14 am

I'll PM Iandak, see if he's still around.

Lovely VonSchultz
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraph on Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:33 am

AdamLangley wrote:Duster ran off and encountered Adam and Tora. Hatsune found Cale, who Aldric had done a number on, and ran off to get Adam. Adam had been knocked out by Duster for a couple of minutes, but woke up, transmuted the ropes into air, and stabbed Duster through the leg. Adam question Duster for a while, but ran off with Hatsune to rescue Cale. Currently, Aldric is fighting Silf. Silf has inflicted several minor wounds and one major wound on Aldric. Due to Silf's mechanical nature and sturdy construction coupled with the blood loss, Aldric might be feeling a little tired right now. Or not, that's up to you to role play.

P.S. Adam's blade went in one side of Duster's leg and out the other. He'll probably have trouble walking for a while.

AdamLangley wrote:Silf is Adam's mechanical dog. I'm waiting on Hatsune's instructions before I do anything.

That does not seem like waiting to me. I have not interacted with Silf, so these wounds are negated. I wasn't aware that you had even mentioned me. Iandak was fighting with me so I was awaiting his response. You can't go ahead say the damage is actually done without a proper response to such a an action.

I will suggest that, we could us PM to go back and forth to fill in this disjunction.

Seraph
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Iandak on Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:11 pm

Hey guys sorry for the wait, my post is up now.

Iandak
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NarrowEye on Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:34 pm

Uhmm Adam?
If you didn't notice, then Alderic flet...
He ran of a couple 100 feet into the forest, to mend his wounds, and make sure they won't be fatal (Infections etc.).
Just telling you so you can Edit it xD

Edit - Lazer... It's Duster's satchel of possesions xD
He pulled out his own set of medical supplies.
He'd rather eat his own boots, than taking it from others.

NarrowEye
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 13lazer31 on Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:36 pm

whoops, in the post where you first go through it i missed the 'his'

13lazer31
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AdamLangley on Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:44 pm

NarrowEye wrote:Uhmm Adam?
If you didn't notice, then Alderic flet...
He ran of a couple 100 feet into the forest, to mend his wounds, and make sure they won't be fatal (Infections etc.).
Just telling you so you can Edit it xD

Thanks, I was a bit unclear on what happened there.

AdamLangley
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NarrowEye on Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:02 am

Well lazer, I'm not in a mood to rewind and do it all over, so let's just ignore that little... akward? conversation.
Then we can get further a little faster. Because at this rate, we'll all end up fighting eachother xD
Let's get this rolling!

NarrowEye
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AdamLangley on Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:59 am

Alright, I'm willing to believe that Duster can rip his way through his own coat, but believing that he can rip a cog out of a machine is pushing it. They're not attached with super glue; Silf is very well constructed. I'd believe it if Duster jammed something in his cogs again, but ripping a cog out is just ridiculous.

AdamLangley
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NarrowEye on Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:02 am

Well, from my point of view there's this.

The dog does not have any protective plates, revealing the vullnerable inside. Else there'd be no reason to put protective plates on the outside.
Also, the dog is far too overpowered if nothing can seem to hurt it.
It drove a CHIMERA away, not only that, but it remained without any hard damage.

Also, you put its jaws around Duster before you gave me a chance to A. evade, or B. point the gun at it, and thereby shooting it.
From MY point of view YOU are pushing the limits of what can possibly be done.

Also I'm interested in knowing how he turned wood and furniture into solid iron/steel and afterwards put it together so that it could withstand a welltrained soldier pulling in the cogs.

I'm sorry, but if it isn't possible for Duster to do anything, then I can aswell pull out of the roleplay.
It seems that even hard core soldiers can't even match an inventor / alchemist, who doesn't even have military education or much else than experience.

NarrowEye
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AdamLangley on Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:10 pm

Allow me to begin this with an apology. I am used to table-top RPGs where you say all of the actions you want to take and a roll of the dice tells you if you are successful. Because of this I tend to forget that there is no roll of the dice online, so I just dictate my actions fully. I'm still getting used to the fact that I need to give people time to react. I'll attempt to do better in the future.

That said, my complaint is not that Duster found a way to disable Silf again; it is the specific method that he used. As I said earlier, it just seems unbelievable that he reaches in and rips a metal cog, one that is held in place with a metal bolt, out of Silf. Duster's character sheet specifies that he is human, meaning that any physics that apply to humans also applies to him. If you recall, Duster did not drive off Aldric with brute force: he drove him off with guile and cunning. Duster is very fit for a human, but he is still a human. As I said in my previous post, it would be more believable if he simply jammed Silf's gears again.

AdamLangley
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NarrowEye on Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:58 am

Very well.
I myself played table-top roleplay for 4 years, so I fully understand how hard it is.
Although that being said, you got to see it through a perspective more like this.
If Duster is neutralized without being given a chance to fend off the impending danger, then there got to be some kind of compensation.
The compensation is more like an action compensation. Meaning that if I m disabled before I can do anything, then I see that it is fair, that I get some kind of counter movement, which makes Duster able to stay in the fight. Else there would be imposed something upon me, and that is very bad when everybody has to get along.

Also, about the thing that Duster is human.
The "Alchemists" is a race indeed. But they only differ from humans in the way, that they can manipulate materials and reconstruct them.
The fact that you are alchemists does not mean you are in any way faster or stronger than humans.
But this gets a little off-topic.

The fact is, that cogs are very 'moveable' as to say so.
They can be moved a lot. Because they got to interact with eachother, and if you want a moving robot like Silf, then the strength of the mechanics have to be compromised for agility instead. Else Silf would not be able to move around as a normal dog, he'd be a lot more stiff.
Thus making him unable to attack with a leap upon Duster. If there is no weaknesses in the dog, then the ballance in a fight is rather Sc**ed.

NarrowEye
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AdamLangley on Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:44 pm

Okay, let's just solve this the simple way: I'll go back and edit my post to give you time to react.

AdamLangley
Member for 13 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!