Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

DreamScape: Strange Journey

a part of “DreamScape: Strange Journey”, a fictional universe by ZeroTolerance.

There exists people with the ability to enter dreams. They are known as dreamcatchers and are employed as special operatives of the U.S. government. What happens when a team of dreamcatchers become trapped in the dream world of a disturbed child?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “DreamScape: Strange Journey”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ZeroTolerance on Wed May 02, 2012 6:21 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "DreamScape: Strange Journey"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.
I'm a dreamcatcher but only nightmares I caught.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ZeroTolerance
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Re: DreamScape: Strange Journey

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AthenaUndying on Wed May 02, 2012 7:25 pm

I'm definitely interested in this! ^^

The only question I have is: the psi-powers are only used in the dreams, right? For example, if I were to make a character with the power of trance, would I just be able to invade the minds of people in the dreams? Like, if the characters were in battle with one of the nightmare generals and I used it. Or can psi powers also be used outside the dream on people in real life?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

AthenaUndying
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ZeroTolerance on Wed May 02, 2012 7:35 pm

AthenaUndying wrote:I'm definitely interested in this! ^^

The only question I have is: the psi-powers are only used in the dreams, right? For example, if I were to make a character with the power of trance, would I just be able to invade the minds of people in the dreams? Like, if the characters were in battle with one of the nightmare generals and I used it. Or can psi powers also be used outside the dream on people in real life?

Well, you can dive inside other peoples dreams by astral projection. You just can't do any of the crazy insane stuff you could otherwise do in the dreamscape

ZeroTolerance
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AthenaUndying on Wed May 02, 2012 7:37 pm

Okay, thank you! I guess I knew that, I was just confusing myself.

AthenaUndying
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ZeroTolerance on Thu May 03, 2012 5:16 pm

I'm thinking about starting the roleplay sometime saturday if we get enough recruits to fill in some roles until then.

ZeroTolerance
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AthenaUndying on Thu May 03, 2012 6:44 pm

Did you make a roleplayer's wanted thread?

AthenaUndying
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ZeroTolerance on Thu May 03, 2012 6:52 pm

AthenaUndying wrote:Did you make a roleplayer's wanted thread?

No, you think I should? I have a character pending for approval. She just needs to fill out the rest of her character sheet and maybe tone down one of her proficiencies by at least a letter grade so she isn't as overpowered.

ZeroTolerance
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AthenaUndying on Thu May 03, 2012 7:10 pm

That's good! I usually make threads for my roleplays, but if you want you can wait a while and see if you get any more character applications. They usually help out a bit, I've found, as well as keeping the OOC active so it shows up at the top of the forum page.

AthenaUndying
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hinasil on Fri May 04, 2012 7:39 pm

Dramatic entrance, boasting sentence, blah blah blah, I'm going to sign up for this roleplay. I think that sums up what I would usually say.
♪♫♪♫ ((((|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|)­­))) ♪♫♪♫
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Hinasil
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Hinasil
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jehanne on Sat May 05, 2012 9:37 pm

I expressed interest in the other thread but looking here, you mention nightmare Roles. Will you need roleplayers to do these? 'Cause I think I may be more interested in one of those parts. I have a thing for playing psychological warfare, especially from the POV of the antagonist.
Maybe you are right, and this world isn't anything special after all.
But as familiar sights look different when seen from on high--as even when it's raining, blue skies spread out above the clouds--don't you think that the way you view the world changes depending on how it is perceived?
O, what a wonderful world! Even if it's a lie, if you believe it, maybe you'll feel happier than yesterday. Right?
Good or bad or something amazing: it isn't about what you do; it's about living without regret. That's it.

Jehanne
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!