Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

NextGuard: The Search For High-Den

a part of “NextGuard: The Search For High-Den”, a fictional universe by JayZeroSnake.

The Universe's premiere military police force has fallen. And now it's up to the NextGuard Initiative to build a new one from scratch.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “NextGuard: The Search For High-Den”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JayZeroSnake on Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:44 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "NextGuard: The Search For High-Den"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

"Join The Corps!"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

JayZeroSnake
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Re: NextGuard: The Search For High-Den

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SuperNinjaRoo on Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:14 am

Hey Jay this looks pretty cool! I think I wanna join. I'm going to wait until you out up your character though, before I start making mine. I know you said they are a bunch of rookies with their own unique skills, but are you looking for specific roles like for example a captain, cook, medic that sort of thing? Or does it not really matter. I am also going to PM you about a power I have in mind. (:
SuperNinjaRoo

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SuperNinjaRoo
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JayZeroSnake on Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:21 am

Nah, I'd rather it be a grab bag:

"What do you mean you're not a doctor?!"

"I was trying to get a Physics PhD!"

"Well that's nice, but I don't think that PhD can save me from BLEEDING OF MY FUCKING LASER WOUNDS!"

JayZeroSnake
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SuperNinjaRoo on Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:35 am

Haha alright, I'll be PMing you shortly (:

SuperNinjaRoo
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gamer_Templar on Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:21 am

Even though I might not be able to make a character for this due to current schedule constraints, I'll certainly be keeping my eye on this one. But hey, if I end up being able to make a character, I'll let ya know. =D

EDIT: With an actual character idea thought up, I think I'll have it done in a couple days. Hopefully...

Gamer_Templar
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gamer_Templar on Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:35 pm

Just going to say that I've done a character and submitted it for approval. You're welcome. =P

Gamer_Templar
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby unseenshadow2 on Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:00 pm

I made a character and submitted it. PM me if you would like me to change anything on it.
"There is a realm of existence so far beyond your own you cannot even imagine it. I am beyond your comprehension. I am Sovereign." Sovereign, Mass Effect

unseenshadow2
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JayZeroSnake on Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:55 pm

Hey guys, I'd love to start, but are we sure we can't find that fifth player? :(

I mean, NextGuard's gotta get all the hands it can to save the universe, no?

JayZeroSnake
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby unseenshadow2 on Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:49 am

I am personally indecisive here. I think that we have enough players for the roleplay to work, but we could also use a fifth player.

unseenshadow2
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gamer_Templar on Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:23 am

Contacted a friend of mine over Skype, seeing if she'll be interested in joining. You're welcome. Again. xD

Also, isn't Volf's skillset a bit too similar to Artyom's, what with the whole engineering schtick? Then again, it's likely that Volf was the ship's official engineer before Artyom hitched a ride and complicated things. =P

Gamer_Templar
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sylwyn on Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:20 am

You can count me in. ;)

Edit: Just about done with all except personality and items. Will finish up tonight.

Sylwyn
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby unseenshadow2 on Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:48 pm

Changed up my character, Volf Darus, to focus more on the AI section rather than ship maintenance. Besides, who said that they didn't use some androids as official mechanics, since if they are destroyed they can be rebuilt.

unseenshadow2
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby unseenshadow2 on Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:14 pm

Last update to my character done.

unseenshadow2
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gamer_Templar on Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:57 pm

Yup, me and unseen have collaborated a bit on what specific types of engineering our characters would focus on, and we've come to an agreement: Volf gets to tinker with the ship (and I'm guessing he gets to pilot it too) and Artyom gets to look at robotics and AI type stuff.

Gamer_Templar
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby unseenshadow2 on Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:44 pm

I was thinking that, since this is in the future, that piloting and maintenance is kept separated do to the complexity of large ships. That means that either we could have an inboard ship AI pilot, or have a pilot character.

unseenshadow2
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sylwyn on Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:15 am

Submitted! Hope its up to par and to your liking!

Sylwyn
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JayZeroSnake on Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:21 pm

NextGuard has assembled.

I shall work on a first post soon!

JayZeroSnake
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gamer_Templar on Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:33 pm

Awaiting said post with bated breath. The tension can be cut with a knife! =D

Gamer_Templar
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby unseenshadow2 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:04 pm

Same over here.

unseenshadow2
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JayZeroSnake on Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:21 pm

And now, it begins.

NextGuard, Form Up.

JayZeroSnake
Member for 14 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!