Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat โ€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Macabre: Debello's Return

Macabre: Debello's Return

a part of “Macabre: Debello's Return”, a fictional universe by Heartfelt_words.

Mysterious deaths have been happening all over the city of Boston with one common factor--the victims were found completely drained of blood. An all too-familiar pattern from years before. Will the dark and light forces join again as in the legends?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Macabre: Debello's Return”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Macabre: Debello's Return

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wolf's Bane109 on Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:31 am

Alright!! I have posted, I hope ya'll like it, if not, Heart, please tell me and I'll be happy to change it.
Image Image
Image Image
"I don't need a metaphor for you to know I'm miserable."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Wolf's Bane109
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Person of Interest Streamwatcher Friendly Beginnings World Builder Novelist Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Heartfelt_words on Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:36 pm

-claps- yay. Thank you for posting. It was so long for you! Other than a few comma problems--this looks like a fine post. No need to re-write. We get the gist. :)
"Writing is the only profession where no one considers you ridiculous if you earn no money."
Jules Renard
(1864 - 1910)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Heartfelt_words
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Heartfelt_words on Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:32 pm

Hey guys! I'll be away for Labor Day weekend, so I won't be posting. But Sheo or Star could probably post while I'm gone. I'll be back by Tuesday!

Ciao!

Heartfelt_words
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SheogorathTheMadgod on Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:52 pm

My post shall be made soon. Behold the kittens.

EDIT: Sorry I lied! I forgot it was my birthday and my parents dragged me to the mall! Cheesecake factory!

SheogorathTheMadgod
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Heartfelt_words on Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:01 pm

Whaaa? How do you forget its your birthday? lol

Anywho--loved that you guys all posted while I was gone! I added in my own. :) Things are going to start rolling into plot now. So--get postin'! (Please. )

Heartfelt_words
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Heartfelt_words on Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:40 pm

Alrighty--Wolfie and Sheo need some reaction posts from you guys here! Looking forward to it asap. <3

Heartfelt_words
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SheogorathTheMadgod on Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:04 pm

Okay then, I'll post next unless Wolfie wants to. With Willa's question of whether any of the Dark Song Crew know about Debello, I was thinking about having Nicholas take them to the next Changeling Autumn Coronation, where all the long time members of the Boston Freehold (all the Changelings of Boston) will be attending. There, he can both: inquire about Debello from any of the older Changelings, ask the incoming Sovereign of Autumn for assistance in combating the vampire threat. The Coronation would be held in the ballroom of the Boston Harbor Hotel at about 8:00 or so at night. Approximately 80 or so Changelings would be in attendance and the ceremony and reception would take about 3 hours, though conceivably the Crew could arrive late.

It helps takes the plot narrative in the direction of "Let's get the help of all these supernatural races so that we can push along the plot.

SheogorathTheMadgod
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Heartfelt_words on Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:16 pm

Hmmmmmm i like the idea. Not to mention we're going to have baddies on our trail for Sam soon. :3 Obviously, you can't mod us all there. But we can smooth this out as we go. Have Nick introduce the idea and let's roll from there.

Heartfelt_words
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wolf's Bane109 on Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:57 pm

I'm so sorry!! I got the lap top taken for two days and then I have school and all kinds of crap this week!! BUT!!! I will try to get a post in soon!!! I'm just swamped with other RPs! But, I will post in this one next, real soon I will post. I promise!! Thank you all for waiting! It should be up in the next half hour or so.

Wolf's Bane109
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Person of Interest Streamwatcher Friendly Beginnings World Builder Novelist Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wolf's Bane109 on Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:10 pm

POSTED!!!! I HAVE FINALLY POSTED AGAIN!!! I hope you all like it. If there's something that doesn't make sense, I.M.me and I'll tell you what you don't understand. Thank you and happy RP time!!! XD

Wolf's Bane109
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Heartfelt_words on Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:06 pm

Wolfie, I'm going to have you amend that post. I've sent you a PM with details.

Heartfelt_words
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wolf's Bane109 on Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:17 pm

Oh, okay. That's fine. I read it and I know what to do, sorry I misunderstood something then. I'll get to fixing it right away, thank you!!

Wolf's Bane109
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Heartfelt_words on Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:25 pm

Thanks Wolfie, that works.

Heartfelt_words
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wolf's Bane109 on Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:23 pm

You're very welcome Heart!!! And sorry I couldn't do better, yesterday when I fixed it, it was an off day for me. I had writer's like crazy, but again I'm sorry I couldn't do better.

Wolf's Bane109
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Heartfelt_words on Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:16 pm

No biggie! No worries. I posted as well! Thanks Sheo for the new plot addition.

Heartfelt_words
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Heartfelt_words on Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:16 pm

Star already knows (because she told me) but Sheo--it seems that Wolfie is having issues with her account and such. So I will be modding her character essentially through whatever happens next. Star will post, then it's open for you to post again Sheo.

Heartfelt_words
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SheogorathTheMadgod on Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:19 am

Okey dokey. If you could tell Wolfe that I hope their account gets fixed soon, I'd really appreciate it! <`๏ฝžยด>

Edit: Are we dead?

SheogorathTheMadgod
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Heartfelt_words on Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:12 pm

Kind of....I'm rather irritated with the current circumstances. I really love this story, but I have the worst time trying to keep characters...I really need steady writers.

Heartfelt_words
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SheogorathTheMadgod on Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:15 am

Well, damn. I think we're stalled. *Steps out of roleplay to check the tires.*

Dayum. Just about to get into a mini-plot too.

Well, I'll check in on the by and by Heart, kay? If the others ever take up posting I'll immediately leap into the meat of things but for now I'll put this on the backburner.

If you're looking for a place with steady writers and an intricate system, may I recommend (once more) the online play-by-post Edge of Darkness site? It's that tabletop roleplaying place I told you about a while back; dice-roll based and quite emmersive. Dedicated Storytellers (GMs) are there to aid the new and in general be a great help. The roleplaying games there have been running for a good five or six years now and you'll find dedicated writers who definitely have staying power.

The whole urban horror vibe is in full force there and uses Roleplaying corebooks from the World of Darkness on how to make a character. Quite a bit of reading and a little bit of stat-settling, but all of it very rewarding and quite immersive. All sorts of supernatural races and templates are available. I might suggest the Vampire: The Requiem venue considering your story's emphasis on Vampires, or Changeling: The Lost because of the sheer variety of creative elements.

Even if you decide against it, I heavily suggest that you drop in the chat or glance through the core-books to get a taste of the roleplaying environment. If you don't feel like its the right sort of place for you, feel free to draw on some of the mythos for inspiration on other RPs. I'll leave a few links here.

Edge of Darkness, Roleplaying Play-By-Post Forum
http://nwod.org/forum/splash.php

Corebooks for playing in The World of Darkness Setting (use in conjunction or separately if you wish)

The World of Darkness (main setting rulebook. Establishes the 'tone' and 'themes' of the World of Darkness roleplaying chronicles as well as detailing the systems and game mechanics)

http://www.bearsinlove.net/temp/WoD/Wor ... lebook.pdf

Vampire: The Requiem (Rule book for playing as a Vampire; character creation
http://blankitcomics.com/lemmo/pbem/VtR.pdf

SheogorathTheMadgod
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rowanoak on Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:35 pm

Hey peoples. Mind if I step in?

Rowanoak
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!