Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Character Feature Replacing Profile Forum!

a topic in People and Places, a part of the RPG forum.

Character biographies, journals, connections, and other reference guides for any in character information necessary for your players!

Character Feature Replacing Profile Forum!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Tue May 26, 2009 10:35 am

It's official, the exclusive RolePlayGateway character profile system is now completely public. Since we now have this awesome tool available to everyone that gives you a beautiful web address (you know, like roleplaygateway.com/characters/Your Character Name) for each of your characters, we're going to be locking the old profile forum.

From now on, create your character profiles using the "Add New" link in the "Characters" tab of your User Control Panel.

Once you've created your character using this system, you can access it from the chat using the following command, and the ability to go officially "In Character" in forum roleplay will be added shortly. Instead of posting your profiles in OOC threads, we recommend you simply link to your existing profile.

Code: Select all
/ic Character Name

Please let us know if you need any help in converting your old character profiles into the new format, or if you have any other questions or suggestions about the process!
Alvin Toffler wrote:The illiterates of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.

Take a moment and consider joining my Patreon group, where I share personal development updates and plans for the future...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 19 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader Lifegiver Storyteller Donated! Anomaly Hunter Giver

Re: Character Feature Replacing Profile Forum!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skogul on Tue May 26, 2009 10:37 am

Exxxxxxxxxcellent~

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Skogul
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby korr.a on Tue May 26, 2009 10:55 am

I second Skogul's comment and have a couple questions. In the future, will it be possible to change the names of the characters? And, will there or has there already been plans to change the 10 character limit? I believe I had heard it was 10, anyhow.

korr.a
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Greeter Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LawOfTheLand on Tue May 26, 2009 12:30 pm

I believe it's currently 15 characters instead of 10, Yasashii.

As for changing character names, I don't know what's going on right now, but based on what I've heard in the past, it's not going to happen.

LawOfTheLand
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Beta Tester Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Builder Donated! Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Bug Hunter Streamwatcher Maiden Voyager Recruiter Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Property Buyer Salesman Concierge Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Safisan on Tue May 26, 2009 10:30 pm

There is character deletion now, if I'm not mistaken. This is all good and well, but Remæus? What about fuller profiles? The one in the character page is kinda vague, in my opinion; there are a lot of details I'd need to cram into inappropriate sections.

Safisan
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mid on Wed May 27, 2009 3:33 pm

Suggest what kind of character info you'd like added?

And I heard that there is no longer a limit? But I'm not sure. <<...
Bai Bai bby

Mid
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Contributor Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Safisan on Wed May 27, 2009 9:59 pm

Umm... It's a little big, which is why I didn't want to, but okay. I apologize in advance if a field comes already filled, this is taken from a character I ripped off my profile thread and saved on Word. Overly detailed? Perhaps, but it's comforting to me ^^.

Name:
Name at birth:
Alias(es):
Title(s):

Orientation:
Species:
Race:
Ancestry:

Height:
Weight:
BMI:
Blood type:
Diet:

Birthplace:
D.O.B.:
Residence:
Universe:
Planet:

Ageless:
Immortal:
Age ranking-
Physical age:
Mental age:
True age:

Father:
Mother:
Brother(s):
Sister(s):
Children:
Adoptive:
Other:
Marital status:

Previous employment:
Religion:
Aligment:
Social class:
Economic class:

Skin color:
Hair color:
Hair style:
Eye color:
Facial hair:
Facial features:
Body build:
Markings:

Clothing-
Head:
Neck:
Torso:
Legs:
Shoes:
Accesories:

Personality:

Intelligence-
Bodily-kinesthetic:
Interpersonal:
Verbal-linguistic:
Logical-mathematical:
Naturalistic:
Intrapersonal:
Visual-spatial:
Musical:
Systems:
Social:
Emotional:
Overall I.Q.:

Dominant brain hemisphere:
Primary arm:

Likes in General:
Dislikes in General:
Hobbies:

Words-Per-Minute:
Education:

Phobias:
Allergies:
Diseases:

Primary Language:
Secondary Languages:
Friends:
Enemies:
Rivals:

Battle Information:

Weapons-

Natural Abilities-

Other Abilities:
Usable Energy Types:
Amount of energy:
Regeneration ratio:
Spiritual Battle Attributes:

Combat Styles-

Teleportation:
Flight:

Battle Theme:

Performed By:
Album:
Record label:

Theme Song:
Performed By:
Album:
Record label:

Quote:

Summarized Biography:

Safisan
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Perilute on Fri May 29, 2009 6:49 am

Maybe, if you decided to use a comprehensive Profile like Sasifan's you could make the boxes that aren't filled in by the person making a character to not appear on the actual character page.

That be my suggestion.

Perilute
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby korr.a on Sun May 31, 2009 9:47 pm

It already works like that, the blank fields not appearing on the actual character page and all.

korr.a
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Greeter Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:32 pm

Safisan wrote:Umm... It's a little big, which is why I didn't want to, but okay. I apologize in advance if a field comes already filled, this is taken from a character I ripped off my profile thread and saved on Word. Overly detailed? Perhaps, but it's comforting to me ^^.

Don't forget that when you don't fill out a field, it simply doesn't display on the profile at all. This means that if you so chose, you could simply put your entire profile inside the "Description" field and format it using the same exact BBcode that you used in your character topic, and it will display exactly the same.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 19 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader Lifegiver Storyteller Donated! Anomaly Hunter Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pandar on Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:32 pm

It's great, I love it.
Don't take life too seriously,no one makes it out alive anyway.
ImageImage

Pandar
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Safisan on Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:55 pm

I hadn't thought of that, thank-you! I guess I could start storing my characters here, my previous profile thread still lives in a Word file, typos and all. I might even butcher them to fit into the other areas and just put several points in a single area of the profile.

Safisan
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zenatsu on Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:05 pm

So... Are you going to delete the old forum in a future date?
“Man can live with about forty days without food, about three days without water, about eight minutes without air, but only for one second without hope.”

Zenatsu
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Not/Applicable on Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:45 pm

This looks pretty interesting... and Safisan... the Skeleton is long... i like it do you mind if i use it in the future?
Image Image Image
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Click em... You know you want to!

Not/Applicable
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pioneercadet on Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:51 pm

I was a little skeptical about the new character tool at first, but now that I have used it a little bit, I realize how imoportant it could be for storing characters. For now my characters are all roleplay-specific, but if I get involved in a thread that could use a similar character I could kinda butcher the old profiles and make a new character. Thank you for that opportunity!!!!

pioneercadet
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Uchiha Min-no-ko on Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:10 pm

Oh~ Sweet~♥

@Safisan: I'm totally stealing that character sheet. It's epic.

Uchiha Min-no-ko
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Safisan on Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:51 pm

You people don't even bother to PM me now... Haha, knock yourself out; the original isn't mine though, it's Detective D's.

Back to the topic, *is* character deletion available? If not, will it be?

Safisan
Member for 15 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!