Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Invasion of Characters (OOC AND SIGN UP)

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Invasion of Characters (OOC AND SIGN UP)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chris Nemo on Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:09 pm

I apologize for this, but it looks as though I'm going to have to withdraw from the RP. Things are just moving too fast for me to keep up.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Chris Nemo
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FreeHat on Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:12 pm

You kiddin'? This is hella slow, lol. But w/e, cya.
"In the end there can only be one."
Current Epic Roleplays

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

FreeHat
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hirochi-Zangus on Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:59 pm

Everyone's just recruiting right now... It is slow, but its still good

btw, can I use another character but let it be an npc?
If you can't read this, you probably need glasses!!!

Hirochi-Zangus
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FreeHat on Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:06 pm

Sure go ahead.

It seems that a lot of people abandoned this, due to me not advancing the plot... well, time to make this interesting again.

FreeHat
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ulysess on Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:04 pm

And I've got some ideas as well, once we get more people ;)
..._...l..________________, ,
....../ '---_______----______l] POW!
...../_==o_______.:/
.....), ---.(_(__)/
....// (..) ) ,----"
...//____/
..//____/
.//____/

Ulysess
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hirochi-Zangus on Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:11 pm

Sweet thanks!

Hirochi-Zangus
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ulysess on Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:43 pm

Guys, I want to make a thread to get recruits for Cobra's mission... what category does it go in?

Ulysess
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hirochi-Zangus on Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:52 pm

roleplayers needed?

Hirochi-Zangus
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ulysess on Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:55 pm

OH GOD WHAT HAVE I DONE operation-specter-ooc-sign-ups-t28019.html
Lol @ my first thread
People currently in the RP, sign up for Cobra's mission there as well

Ulysess
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:02 am

I thinks I can post me character here. . . we'll see what happens. It's an interesting experiment.

First Name: Tahira

Last Name: Ali

When he/she came here: Uhhhhhhh

Real Age: ...So she was 62 when the portal came for her! :D I don't know what that translates into over here but okayyyy. . .

Alignment: Light

Description or Picture: Eh, let me get that for you. Image
Apologies, I couldn't find the normally colored one. But Tahira Ali is two or three inches shy of five feet, and has thin shoulders and a frail frame. Her hair is grey turning white, and her eyes are a light grey/blue color. Her skin is olive-toned, and her cheekbones high on her face, which is marked by a distinctive widow's peak. If that helps. Sorry again. :/

Backstory until Year 200

Before getting here

Tahira Ali was born in May 1950 to Shasta Wadiri Almontaser, a dissident Uighur journalist writing during Mao's period, and Beatrice Marie Anandini, an expatriate philosophy professor working in Red China. She was born Elan Tahera Almontaser in a Washington DC area hospital while her parents filed papers for asylum in America. Shortly afterward, they decided their daughter was not safe and asked Shasta's sister, Sumitra, a failed missionary to the Arab world, to raise her instead. The whole family, less Elan's older brother David (who had recently graduated from a boarding school in America), adopted a series of false names and went underground.

She was raised under the name Tahira Ali alongside Sumitra (now Solara)'s daughter Alia. Alia had a near genius IQ and received a full scholarship to Tokyo International Academy. Due to the nature of Solara's missionary work, Tahira Ali was offered a full scholarship to the local Catholic school, which was run by a mission of nuns and a single priest. Most of the other students belonged to the European upper class, which ruled her predominantly Arab nation. She performed about average in school, excelling in math and theology, but only mediocre in science, history, and language.

Graduating in Spring 1968, the politics of her nation were growing tense, a bomb waiting to explode. Early August, tensions exploded, and a full scale revolution began, complete with vicious violence against the European oppressors. The first day of the so-called August Revolution, Tahira Ali disappeared and re-emerged over the following months as the world's newest mass murderer, killing victims in no less than five different countries. By December, she had murdered several high-profile victims, including an American Senator (and presidential nominee) and a renowned Catholic Cardinal, and she was the first woman added to the FBI Ten Most Wanted List.

As months stretched into years, unsolved murders were often attributed to Tahira Ali, who seemed to have disappeared. By the 1980s, law enforcement internationally suspected that she was involved with so-called "Islamic terrorist factions". By the 1990s, the FBI accumulated evidence that suggested ties to Usama bin Ladin and Al Qaeda. The current reward for Tahira Ali's capture is $25 million.

David Almontaser is now chair of the department of mathematics at MIT and married with five kids and a number of grandchildren and even a few great-grandchildren. He remains unaware to whom he is related, as no law enforcement agency has the information that Tahira Ali itself is really only a lifelong alias designed to protect against the schemes of Mao Tsetung. Solara (Sumitra) has since passed away. Alia received a Nobel Chemistry Prize before her death in 2006 during a brief war between two nations. Despite constant questioning, Alia denied any knowledge of Tahira Ali's whereabouts or activities up through her death. Solara coorperated with authorities, providing them with most of the known photographs or handwriting facsimiles the police have on file.

Tahira Ali was arrested on a tip from Alia's daughter, Kami, in 2013, and then went on trial. In Spring 2014, she was sentenced to death. It was shortly after arriving at the federal supermax prison that the portal appeared and she was taken from the Real World/One of my Novels.

after getting here

Tahira Ali was confused and bewildered, unsure where she was or what was going on. So she turned to the coping skill that had worked so well for her back in the Real World, and disappeared, trying to avoid others. But avoidance only lasts so long, and recently, she decided that the darkness needed to be defeated once and for all. After all, she had changed in the last several decades of her time in the Real World. She wasn't a good person. Come to think of it, she was rather despicable. Yet she was capable of good, contrary to popular opinion, and wanted to do what was right.

What Did your Character come From? One of my own novels. Hence the extra info.
​“Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing.”
― Arundhati Roy

“The only way to survive is to take care of each other.”
― Grace Lee Boggs

“every day is another chance to practice living out the values that matter most to us. to be our best selves. to be the legacy we want to leave.”
― Mia Mingus

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Storyteller Beta Tester Builder Cult Leader Concierge Tipworthy Donated! Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby luis cypher on Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:19 am

Kefka is on the fritz again he was bored (so was I) and now he headed to ninja wonderland with his MagiTek armor (for those who know kefka this is not a good combo)

Forces of good untie err unite before you will be oblitherated nah just kidding
Kefka's armor is one of three Mega armor, Pluto armor and Guardian.
of the three Guardian is the only one that doesn't resemble a normal MagiTek armour

I know that Kefka who is now riding the mega armor which is the weakest thinks he can't be destroyed well he is true but His armour can be destroyed

luis cypher
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ulysess on Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:27 am

Ylanne you're so cool... you have a novel ;_;
I hope Kefka doesn't blow up my base lol

Ulysess
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:33 am

Thanks? I'm a crime writer. I've written several novels. You can read about my ongoing projects here if you're wondering about the other things I've written.

Who's the GM again? Have I been accepted yet?

. . .also, because of her background, it's likely the Darkness will try to recruit Tahira Ali to join them. It's also equally likely the Light won't trust her. So who's playing who again? There's just so many posts in this thread!!! :/

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Storyteller Beta Tester Builder Cult Leader Concierge Tipworthy Donated! Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FreeHat on Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:27 pm

Yep, accepted. Welcome aboard, and have fun. Things are going a bit slow in the IC so if you can get a few friends who may be interested, that would help.

FreeHat
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby luis cypher on Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:37 pm

Dramatic battle music : http://www.geocities.com/warofthemagi/ff6-finalbattle.mid

Hey cobra wasn't your base in hollow bastion if so you shouldn't worry because Kefka is in Ninja wonderland atm.
Ylanne I like your char although I'm sad you already picked a side and the Gm is Freehat.
And here is some usefull information I found out Kefka's real name and origin
His real name is Franz Morpheus Thorpe born 968 a.w. in the city of Vector.
The only people that could know this are those who are able to read mind's without being affected by the insanity within

oh and for those who want an example of Kefka or a MagiTek armor look at this link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viFJ0tdwuS8

luis cypher
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:23 pm

Well, I was trying to decide whether Tahira Ali would join with the Darkness, the Light, or remain neutral, and I considered the following:

DARKNESS: Well, she is a mass murderer. Nuff said.

LIGHT: That was a long time ago. She wants to do what is right.

NEUTRAL: Why should she get involved in this fight? Besides, the Light probably doesn't want her.

. . .so I decided that she will end up with the light. Although you make a good point, and so she will open unaligned with sympathies toward the light. At this point in her life, it's not in her nature to go off to war.

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FreeHat on Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:23 am

Well, we actually need some people on the darkness side, we only got a few, and those few have left for unknown reasons, for right now, it's only a few people. So joining darkness would probably be the best choice.

Also, Ylanne, I know you post probably huge literal master pieces, but try to refrain from making huuuuge posts, a few paragraphs will do nicely. This goes to anyone else too.

FreeHat
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The_Joker on Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:30 am

Hi freehat,

I was thinking about a way to get joker out and play with the bad ass Nightmare.
But my inspiration sucks terrible...
Luis is trying to help me with this but the main cause will be that Joker dies or disapears and Nightmare comes knocking on Sephiroths door. :)

((sorry that my post is not big enough to reach 75 words...))

The_Joker
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ulysess on Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:06 pm

I'm going to be away for a few days, so I won't be able to post... just assume Cobra is getting ready for his mission in the meantime :)

Ulysess
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FreeHat on Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:44 pm

I dunno dude, my friend once he's off his vacation was gonna join as Nightmare.

And cya Ulysess.

FreeHat
Member for 15 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!