Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Fulham Bị Cấm Chuyển Nhượng Sau Vụ Bán Sao Trẻ Cho Liverpool » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Nebula's Dawn: F.S.S. Salient

a part of “Nebula's Dawn: F.S.S. Salient”, a fictional universe by VindicatedPurpose.

Nebula's Dawn Series Part I: A state of the art ship crewed with greenhorns and raw meat is led by an experienced sea dog on its maiden voyage. [Complete]

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Nebula's Dawn: F.S.S. Salient”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:52 pm

Welcome one and all to the last Neptune Class Battlecruiser F.S.S. Salient that will be commissioned by the Federation. It is being sent on a maiden voyage and is welcoming crew members, inexperienced and experienced alike.
Last edited by VindicatedPurpose on Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Like a stranger on a grate, or a skylark, or a taper, flying ever upward and knowing of love's satiety. Our dreams beyond the Sun and into the expanse of Night doth sound a quiet hymn.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years
Contributor Promethean Author Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Greeter Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Concierge

Re: Nebula's Dawn: F.S.S. Salient

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 7thPrivateer on Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:06 pm

I'm likin' the looks of this! Mind if I put up for Lieutenant?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

7thPrivateer
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nekohina on Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:09 pm

not gonna lie man, you chose some pretty sick pictures. What's the general tech spec of the setting?

Nekohina
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nekohina on Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:27 pm

Mainly asking because it seems you're doing an awesome looking Halo/Mass Effect fusion and I'm 100% interested since I fucking love them both

Nekohina
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:32 pm

Whoa. Where'd all this enthusiasm come from? If you have a character ready, go ahead and submit them. By tech spec, Nekohina, what do you mean?

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years
Contributor Promethean Author Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Greeter Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nekohina on Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:37 pm

Like the level of technology available for things like weapons, armor, physical augments, the general "standard equipment". I was thinking about going full soldier spec

Nekohina
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:39 pm

Just a note, as the story progresses to the point where we "might" meet other races, you can add a non-human sentient main character to the roster. I say might because I haven't planned to up that point yet, but I am keeping my options open.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:42 pm

Hmm, I'm beginning to think I might need to add the tech spec to the front page. I'll give you the gist of it, we're still using solid projectile weapons like assault rifles, but we're on the verge of energy based projectile weapons like particle/pulse rifles, and etc. As for armor, I would encompass a full spectrum from recon suits to ballistic combat suits, with internal monitors/scanners/communications. I fancy the idea of wrist communicators, and holographic communications, projectors, and starmaps.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nekohina on Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:56 pm

got it. I'll also PM what I was thinking of making in terms of augments and armor, then hash out the illegals

Nekohina
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:00 pm

Welcome to the "Salient" Mr.DeLovat.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby loowman141414 on Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:00 pm

Is there anyway I can combine the marine and fighter pilot together? Best of both worlds!

loowman141414
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:06 pm

Yeah, that's totally fine with me. A Marine fighter pilot works.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lucian1549 on Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:09 pm

First of all, those pictures are gorgeous :D Even if I wasn't totally obsessed with sci-fi and space travel, I would join just because of them XD

Secondly, might I create a character who is a medic?

Lucian1549
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:15 pm

You are free to do so.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Everscale on Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:37 pm

I would like to put in a character for Second in Command, if you don't mind?

Everscale
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nekohina on Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:18 pm

I know the list was...extensive but I didn't want to write up anything illegal before I submitted my character

Nekohina
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 7thPrivateer on Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:20 pm

Just a note I won't be around tomorrow for the 4th of July. Maybe. Dunno. Might be. Perhaps.

7thPrivateer
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby whscorbin on Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:25 pm

Do you mind if we have two characters or do you want to keep it at one each?

whscorbin
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Belynta on Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:56 pm

Is the Doctor position still open? If so I would love to grab it.

Also if that is a yes, do we have a char sheet or just follow the standard one on this site?
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Belynta
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:07 pm

I don't mind if you have two characters. To fully clarify, the first five positions listed are singular. The rest are open for as many people as possible. Meaning, there isn't just one doctor/medic etc.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!