Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Star Ocean Online

Star Ocean Online Main OOC Thread

a part of “Star Ocean Online”, a fictional universe by Sephiroth89.

Star Ocean released a VR-MMO. However, players mysterious begin to vanish from our world, their souls trapped inside their player characters within the game. Faced with the very real possibility of death within the world they love, what will they do?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Star Ocean Online”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Star Ocean Online Main OOC Thread

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sephiroth89 on Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:06 am

So....what does everyone think so far? It still needs work I'm sure, but I think it could really go places!

Think of it as a mix of Star Ocean with Sword Art Online. Almost like a spiritual sequel or reference to SAO but with the world of Star Ocean instead.

Info:
Star Ocean:
http://starocean.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Ocean_Wiki
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Ocean ... nd_of_Time

Sword Art Online:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sword_Art_Online
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szoyfP_Wfx8

=========================

Rotation Order:

Sephiroth89
Vain
Cherryswirl
Husklord Mammon
Sonicx00
Deallo
================
Last edited by Sephiroth89 on Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:34 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sephiroth89
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Star Ocean Online

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vain on Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:12 am

I like the idea of the roleplay, but unfortunately similar roleplays have been made with a .hack theme and hardly any of them actually got started before crashing. Don't mean discourage you as I'd love to see this take off, but I'm not sure how many people are interested in a .hack remake with a star ocean theme. Anyways, I'd be happy to join so I'm at least one.
There is a place within each of us where we cannot escape the truth; where virtue sits as judge. To admit the truth of our actions is to go before that court, where process is irrelevant. Good and evil are intents, and intent is without excuse.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Vain
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seirei on Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:54 am

The story sounds fun (.hack and SAO are great), but you'll need a lot of players to make the most out of the huge world(s). I think it would sooner take off with a more compact setting.

Seirei
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CherrySwirl on Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:58 am

I've been dying for a Star Ocean/SAO RP. Been searching for it for days and now I know what I'm going to be doing with my time. x3
There is still the fear that the Role-play would die. How dedicated will you be to this roleplay and do you really have the time?
Also I agree with the 'compact setting" comment. Sometimes too much can turn a lot of roleplayers off.

CherrySwirl
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sephiroth89 on Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:20 am

Beginner Level (1-10)

Jessica (Max)
Nathaniel (Alice)
Gabriel
Ark (Marko)
Darkstar
Kain (Mammon)
Claudette (Stella)
Franziska (Fawn)

Low Level (11-20)

Medium Level (21-49)

High Level (50+)
Last edited by Sephiroth89 on Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:57 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Sephiroth89
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Husklord Mammon on Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:34 pm

Hello other players I am Co-owner Mammon and I hope to roleplay with you all soon

Husklord Mammon
Member for 12 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vain on Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:48 pm

Unfortunately I've only played Star Ocean The Last Hope so I don't know much of the star ocean timeline or the enemies. Its been a while since I've played Last Hope as well so I can't give much for suggestions.

Vain
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sephiroth89 on Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:56 pm

Vain wrote:Unfortunately I've only played Star Ocean The Last Hope so I don't know much of the star ocean timeline or the enemies. Its been a while since I've played Last Hope as well so I can't give much for suggestions.

Thanks all the same.

Also as a little update to everyone, I added locations, though these are just what I have for now. I'm not sure what I'll do for places in between countries such as fields, etc.

Sephiroth89
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sephiroth89 on Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:55 pm

Sorry for the double post but I gotta make the threat think there's a new one: does anyone have a way to talk? I see no private message option, probably disabled but hard to tell due to the odd layout of this bizzare website...is there anyone with something like skype or something?I need help figure out how any of this shit works. I've been an admin and moderator loads of times on websites with a vbulletin layout and created fairly decent sized roleplays before, but this site just confuses me. Can't someone talk to me via skype or pm or something?

Sephiroth89
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CherrySwirl on Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:52 pm

I can't talk to you via Skype, but you're free to PM me. I've done plenty of Role plays on this site, so I know how it works. You could always just do a regular Thread RP if this layout is too much for you.

As for the compact setting comment, I was thinking something along the lines of limiting the adventure to one world. And maybe open up access to more worlds as we go along.

CherrySwirl
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sephiroth89 on Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:15 pm

CherrySwirl wrote:I can't talk to you via Skype, but you're free to PM me. I've done plenty of Role plays on this site, so I know how it works. You could always just do a regular Thread RP if this layout is too much for you.

As for the compact setting comment, I was thinking something along the lines of limiting the adventure to one world. And maybe open up access to more worlds as we go along.

I asked some mods on the chat and they helped alot. Not sure how much I do and don't know now, but I think I'll manage for now. As for locations..hmm that does sound like a good way to do it. Alright, we'll say people can come from the other worlds.

Edit: Alright I made this change:
Worlds of the MMO/Stories behind the Worlds
"World Select" is only usable when in a town, and warps you to other World's of your choosing instantly, via the menu. While there ARE restrictions on what levels are allowed to go where, there are still enemies strong enough for any level, depending where you go on the lower level planets. For example, if a high level were to look long enough, he will face a worthy challenge on Elicoor II.

The World permitted to low levels is: Elicoor II
For Medium Levels the world permitted is: Klaus III
For only the higher levels (only certain Beta Testers ever reached it before): Diablo
As for Earth. Diablo has not reached Earth itself as of yet, thus Earth is a planet at peace that is only meant to go to for items and weapons unique to the planet.

Sephiroth89
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vain on Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:34 pm

Well, I went ahead and made a character. Hope you like him. I'm excited for this thing to take off. You should post in the roleplayer's wanted thread to advertise the rp.

Vain
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CherrySwirl on Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:33 am

I wish I would have read this before hand. I made a guy too.
No diversity. xD

BTw could someone make avatars for my charries' profiles? I'm psyched to get started.

CherrySwirl
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sephiroth89 on Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:26 pm

I'm glad to see you guys are still interested, I was afraid you guys had lost interest or something. (I have basically no life though so I suppose I should put into account you guys probably do lol)

Alright I'll look things over. I'm new to the website so forgive my asking, where do I advertise this rp? link please?

edit:

Rotation Order:
Sephiroth89
Vain
Cherryswirl

Comparison Note: For those who know the 3rd Star Ocean Game, think of Fighters as like Cliff, the Warrior as mostly like Fayt and well..you probably can figure out the rest.
Also everyone note that when everyone was "locked in" so to speak, their gear and weapons reset to level one gear and weapons..meaning they'll have to re-gain anything they had all over again, aside from their character's name. Any "Titles" they may have listed over their name also vanishes (in this, there was a contest where the greatest beta testers were granted "Titles" of their own choosing), though obviously anyone who remembers what that person's title was, would still remember.

I'll also add the roation order to the first post and update it as new characters are approved.

Sephiroth89
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CherrySwirl on Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:58 pm

Here you go~
roleplayers-wanted-f163.html

BTW my character won't start out with those gauntlet's. i just put them there so I wouldn't forget about them. lol

CherrySwirl
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sephiroth89 on Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:10 pm

CherrySwirl wrote:Here you go~
roleplayers-wanted-f163.html

BTW my character won't start out with those gauntlet's. i just put them there so I wouldn't forget about them. lol

Thanks and No problem, understandable. I couldn't think of any special weapons for mine, so not mentioning them was more of my way of allowing my sword to be anything later on cuz I got nothing lol

Sephiroth89
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vain on Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:51 pm

Woot! Well at least we have three people. More would be great though. Hope my character's not to cliche' just thought his glitch would be kinda humorous. Make for some funny situations.

Vain
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sephiroth89 on Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:56 pm

Not at all! I thought it was indeed quite humorous. It also means my character has someone who he can sort of relate to XD

Edit: its your turn btw

Sephiroth89
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Husklord Mammon on Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:41 pm

Posted my character guys

Husklord Mammon
Member for 12 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sephiroth89 on Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:41 pm

Husklord Mammon wrote:Posted my character guys

Good to hear lol

Was worried my co-owner was gonna keep being late :p

edit: Wow the post after mine was so good, it makes me realize how rusty I've gotten lol Vain, you did a very nice job!

Sephiroth89
Member for 13 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!