Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Star Ocean Online

Star Ocean Online Main OOC Thread

a part of “Star Ocean Online”, a fictional universe by Sephiroth89.

Star Ocean released a VR-MMO. However, players mysterious begin to vanish from our world, their souls trapped inside their player characters within the game. Faced with the very real possibility of death within the world they love, what will they do?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Star Ocean Online”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Star Ocean Online

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sephiroth89 on Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:21 am

CherrySwirl wrote:Your post was excellent, Seph. ^^ That girl's story made it feel more real by showing how dangerous and scary the situation they're in truly is. Your's was good too, vain. it seems things just keep getting worse and worse for all of our characters.

Welcome aboard, Sonic~

Your character looks so boned XD

Anywho, I updated the rules some:

Rules:
1. No instant-kills/godmodding. No world destroyers, etc. You must be reasonable with your strength and abilities
2. You may have up to 2 characters, but each character must have a bio before they can begin.
3. Your weapons, items, etc. must be determined by your race and home and fit the general technological level of where you live.
4. The head and/or vice head determines rotation order. You don't post out of turn. If you don't post at least once within 24 hours, your turn will be skipped. However, if you beforehand wish to be skipped, please let us know ahead of time so you don't slow down the RP.
5. If you wish, your character's death can be written off as a "near death experience". However, they must skip at least 1 turn.
6. No canon characters from the Star Ocean games, as those would be NPCs and thus you can't be related to an NPC if your character is a Player character and thus "real".
7. Please be patient with the RP staff, we are new to this website and are trying to figure out the inner workings of how everything works.
8. Story format for your posts. That means you type for example:
James walked into the corridor, unsure of what would occur. He'd spent days without restoration items, and he was showing for it. He was low on Hp and there was still more to the place that he had to go. He should've better prepared at the shop beforehand, but he didn't expect this many enemies.

"Damn!" he cursed under his breath as he continued down the corridor.

Not for example this:
*walks down corridor*

Damn
-

Don't do that.

9. Don't have walls of endless texts or extremely long paragraphs. For aid in that, here's something to use as a guideline: (not required, all that's required is prevent walls of text, but this guideline could be helpful) Roughly every 3-5 sentences, make a new paragraph. Everytime someone says spoken dialogue or thinks something, it would be its own paragraph (no matter how short).
10. All of these rules are subject to change.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sephiroth89
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sephiroth89 on Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:16 pm

Mammon. Your post kind of...bugs me.

1. Your character didn't even question why he was where he was or anything, he just didn't care that he was moved? I won't force you to edit your post or anything but..it just rubs me the wrong way that your character wouldn't even begin to mind that he was magically and out of the blue teleported to another planet.

2. Minor deatil, but its Klaus III and Klausian. Just letting u know ^^ (but its driving my OCD NUTS)

3. "Critical hit doing a decent amount of damage"..I guess its unclear enough to be sure how decent, but I'd think it can't be too decent, since you're a mage, so their weapon/attack strength isn't very strong as they are meant for magic attacks, meaning you did very little damage. Decent for a mage though.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sephiroth89
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sonicx00 on Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:40 pm

Does my character look ok btw?

roleplay/star-ocean-online/characters/claudette-shiromei-stella

Just looking out for some public feedback.

Sonicx00
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sephiroth89 on Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:49 pm

I think by race you meant "Elicoorian" and obviously her outfit and eye-patch will have to be re-gained since her outfit reset to level 1 for now. Other than that though, very impressive bio. I liked it a lot. I'm going to guess she didn't try to gain a title for herself (the best Beta Testers were permitted a title of their own choosing that would then become well-known since having a title is rare.) which is fine, she can simply have stated she didn't want one.

I'll wait until you say you're ready and then I'll give it another look over and probably approve it ^^

Sephiroth89
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CherrySwirl on Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:51 pm

I like her. Looks good to me. ^^

CherrySwirl
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sonicx00 on Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:33 pm

Yeah i was pretty tired last night and probably didn't write everything out too well but yeah her title is kind of self claimed and was given by the players i guess i can say that the system gave it to her upon reseting.

Sonicx00
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sephiroth89 on Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:36 pm

Sonicx00 wrote:Yeah i was pretty tired last night and probably didn't write everything out too well but yeah her title is kind of self claimed and was given by the players i guess i can say that the system gave it to her upon reseting.

Oh you DID say a title? Whoops. I must've not noticed it. Nah you can say it was her title that she earned before that. See what happens in the best Beta Testers were granted the right to give themself a title. All titles vanish after the reset, but obviously if a person remembers them...well they remember them.

Sephiroth89
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sonicx00 on Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:41 pm

Yeah - i claimed it was initially given at the end when the reset happened but - I placed it among the caption of my profile - she is ready.

Sonicx00
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sephiroth89 on Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:50 pm

Character approved. Also, you're at the bottom of rotation which I believe means its your turn.

In other news I made my second character finally and he is a riot lol Actually speaking of which how will we handle second characters rotation-wise? Will we just include them within our post or will they be a seperate part of the rotation or what?

Sephiroth89
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CherrySwirl on Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:08 pm

I think we should just include them with our regular turns. Could help people come up with longer post if they can't think of something.

CherrySwirl
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Husklord Mammon on Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:21 pm

Nathaniel Armstrong needs no acceptance, he IS acceptance

Husklord Mammon
Member for 12 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sonicx00 on Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:24 pm

Alright - I'll begin constructing my post soon.

Sonicx00
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sephiroth89 on Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:25 pm

haha I see what you did there Mammon. Bah, its hard to call you Husklord Mammon here. I prefer when you were called Kiteisthebomb. Woulda been slightly ironic here too xD

Also you never replied on what I said about your post >.>

@Cherryswirl: We'll do that for now then and see how it goes. It'll start right after Sonicx00's post for me, but I'll let you decide when you want to introduce your second character into the plot.

Sephiroth89
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Deallo on Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:10 pm

Hello guys! Hope my film Noir character could fit in with the rest of you.

http://www.roleplaygateway.com/roleplay/star-ocean-online/characters/franziska-bullit-fawn

Who wants to be the first character to be visited by her? You know, like have their family/friends/creepers pay to know how they're doing.

Also...I don't know what skills to put in for a lvl 1 gunner :p

Deallo
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sephiroth89 on Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:35 pm

I guess that is an oversight on my part..I didn't get too specific with spells or skills...UGH I just don't wanna risk overwhelming people. How does everyone think I should handle it?

edit: for what it's worth, here's the wiki page for Star Ocean:

http://starocean.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Ocean_Wiki

I'll list whom I had in mind for each class (bear in mind there could be differences though):

Warrior: Based off of Fayt Leingod
http://starocean.wikia.com/wiki/Fayt_Leingod

Samurai: Based off of Albel Nox:
http://starocean.wikia.com/wiki/Albel_Nox

Mage: Based off of Sophia Esteed:
http://starocean.wikia.com/wiki/Sophia_Esteed

Fighter: Based off Cliff Fittir:
http://starocean.wikia.com/wiki/Cliff_Fittir

and Mirage Kaos:
http://starocean.wikia.com/wiki/Mirage_Koas

Gunner: Based off of Maria Traydor:
http://starocean.wikia.com/wiki/Maria_Traydor

and Rogue: I just based genericly off of a theif if he didn't have a "Steal" ability, but two characters that may have some things in common are:
http://starocean.wikia.com/wiki/Roger_S._Huxley

and

http://starocean.wikia.com/wiki/Meracle_Chamlotte

though I don't know enough about both of those 2 to really be at all sure. Meracle might be more of a fighter and Roger might be a bit less agile than a Rogue might demand.

Sephiroth89
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sonicx00 on Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:59 pm

Sorry i will be posting tonight - Just been a busy afternoon.

Sonicx00
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sephiroth89 on Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:06 am

Deallo's character is approved, though you'll have to wait a bit to reach your turn. I'll add you to the rotation.

It's in the opening post, but here it is here as well:
=========================

Rotation Order:

Sephiroth89
Vain
Cherryswirl
Husklord Mammon
Sonicx00
Deallo
================

Also, I just did my post, so it's Vain's turn. (Why is your username Vain of all things btw? lol)

Sephiroth89
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CherrySwirl on Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:11 am

Funny thing is i watched videos of Cliff fighting before I made my character. lol

CherrySwirl
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sephiroth89 on Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:00 pm

lol that is quite funny actually.

I just realized a bit of a goof I made, where I didn't state my race for Jessica (Max). It's human (Earthling) btw.

I did state it for my other character Nathaniel Armstrong (Alice), which is Klausian. But I'm not sure for some people here. I know some of you DID say yours already but...just for the sake of helping everyone out, would everyone be willing to state their races real quick?

Sephiroth89
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CherrySwirl on Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:20 pm

Ark: Klausian
DarkStar: Elicoorian

CherrySwirl
Member for 13 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!